New Diary Poll

New Diary Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. New Diary Poll

• CGC
    • NOTBPW
    • WLW
    • WEXXV

The story so far.. I've hit a brickwall with BBW and CZCW. So here's the deal: Whichever promotion wins the poll, wins. And I will continue the diary till "death". That's not a promise to everyone of you here, it's a promise for myself. I have started too many diaries in such a short time and I'm going to keep the next one going for "forever". I let the people decide. These four promotions are the four special ones that I would be keen on to start the diary. The four options are as follows..

1.) CGC. The DeColts, the Sports Entertainment. I've never played with CGC so it would be something totally new to me.

2.) NOTBPW. The Stones, Classic Wrestling. I've never played with NOTBPW also so this one could be really interesting aswell.

3.) WLW. The highflyers, Awesome Thunder, Emerald Angel, Magnum KOBE and co, LuchaResu. Awesome product and the most talented roster in the whole Cornellverse.. The negative thing: The easiest promotion in the whole game.

4.) WEXXV. Kajahara, Munemitsu, Omura, Ohishi. The Second Attempt, the reincarnation of my first diary ever. Should I try it for the second time? Could I not go to bankrupt with it now that I know my mistakes with the first save? Could it last?

Either Canadian promotion would be fine, but I voted for CGC. The only CGC diary that lasted for a while was Dragonsmack's, while there were a couple of strong NOTBPW diaries from Wallbanger and Tiger.

Though you doing WLW would be interesting. Even if I can't stand the promotion anymore because they are so damn good.

I just voted WEXXV for fun.. I think tho I should vote WLW, as I just remembered they have 80% angle ratio. So do WLW.

1. They are so damn talented
  2. They are over talented
  3. I want to see a WLW diary
  4. I want to see what you do with WLW, and Magnum KOBE or whoever he was who is holding 3 titles
  5. I want to see you with angles
  6. I don't think I want to see WEXXV cause I don't like their roster
  7. Because WLW is modern and I like that
  8. Tho you could try something different, make your own fed
  9. or change WLW's product to more hardcore one
  10. Then you could have it like ECW, a modern hardcore fed
  11. Maybe ill stop this stupid list right here

The issue I have with polls like this, where you are letting your potential readers decide, is that a CGC diary is likely to be quite a bit different than a NOTBPW diary. I mean, its always the writers perogative, but you would expect that a CGC diary would be focused more on the characters and storylines, where as having that kind of focus in a NOTBPW diary wouldn't make any sense. Why I think that's a problem is that finding the right "approach" to a diary seems to be a big key to success and sticking with a diary. If, as a writer, you really don't dealing with storylines and want to focus almost entirely on in-ring action, then a Sports Entertainment promotion for your diary is unlikely to work particularly well, and so on. Its just something to keep in mind with this approach.

The issue I have with polls like this, where you are letting your potential readers decide, is that a CGC diary is likely to be quite a bit different than a NOTBPW diary. I mean, its always the writers perogative, but you would expect that a CGC diary would be focused more on the characters and storylines, where as having that kind of focus in a NOTBPW diary wouldn't make any sense. Why I think that's a problem is that finding the right "approach" to a diary seems to be a big key to success and sticking with a diary. If, as a writer, you really don't dealing with storylines and want to focus almost entirely on in-ring action, then a Sports Entertainment promotion for your diary is unlikely to work particularly well, and so on. Its just something to keep in mind with this approach.

I am completely aware of this, hence the thing I said. Like I said I'm 100% sure that I'm keen on doing any of these four. I'll do the diary guided by the product and the match/angle ratio and the product definition. If it's CGC, it'll be Sports Entertainment. If it's WLW, it mostly matches and in-ring action, I know I can do both and mix them up aswell. And truth to be told I hate these polls aswell, I just had to do this because I could not decide from those four. Whichever wins, wins and it'll be the best diary I've ever done. :cool:

I am completely aware of this, hence the thing I said. Like I said I'm 100% sure that I'm keen on doing any of these four. I'll do the diary guided by the product and the match/angle ratio and the product definition. If it's CGC, it'll be Sports Entertainment. If it's WLW, it mostly matches and in-ring action, I know I can do both and mix them up aswell. And truth to be told I hate these polls aswell, I just had to do this because I could not decide from those four. Whichever wins, wins and it'll be the best diary I've ever done. :cool:

I don't dislike these kind of polls, to be honest. I just always wonder when I see them if the poster is aware of the issue I mentioned. If you go in realizing that and accepting it, then no worries.

I'm gonna vote for CGC, just because there's really only been the one CGC diary that went very far that I can remember. They seem like a promotion that could be really fun and entertaining for a diary.

CGC are without a doubt my favorite promotion. If it wasn't for getting into the draft idea, I totally would have chosen them for my diary. DeColts Rule!

I wouldn't be too happy reading a diary based on a promotion you've never played before though, not one that writes kayfabe characters and promos at any rate. If you take some time to get to know the characters first, then rock on.

With 7/8 votes gone for Canadian Golden Combat, I guess I should have just made the CGC diary straight away :D

Seems like it. Although you have started with a hardcore fed, it will be interesting to see how well you do with a wrestling based promotion such as CGC. Good luck and you know I'll be there to predict away!!

.. you do with a wrestling based promotion such as CGC..

It's Sports Entertainment with 60/40 ratio ;) Are you confusing it to NOTBPW? Or just thinking Hardcore as Hardcore without any wrestling at all.. Thank You all for your interest, I have read all the tips, taken them in and I'm sure that I'll adjust to CGC really well. I already have a lot of storylines in my mind and other things related.. You'll see.

It's Sports Entertainment with 60/40 ratio ;) Are you confusing it to NOTBPW? Or just thinking Hardcore as Hardcore without any wrestling at all.. Thank You all for your interest, I have read all the tips, taken them in and I'm sure that I'll adjust to CGC really well. I already have a lot of storylines in my mind and other things related.. You'll see.

In either case, he's right. :p

Archived