2 Questions: Injury Stats & Chemistry Styles

<p>I looked around briefly to see if there were any topics on these questions and I didn't find any, so I apologize if this is something that's been touched on a lot before.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

1. What stats, if any, are the ones that make a worker more prone to injury? Is it just resilience and toughness combined with how dangerous the matches the worker participates in are?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

2. Do certain wrestling styles mesh better to create good chemistry than others? Or is there some other area of the worker's stats that contributes to the good chemistry notes?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Any answers to either would really help. Thanks in advance.</p>

Toughness is irrelevant to injuries, afaik - it's a gimmick-defining stat.

Resilience is the key stat here, as well as the danger level of the matches, the frequency with which they work (once a month for some guys, five or six times a week for others) and their starting physical condition.

Chemistry is random, but I believe that it helps to pair off similarly-styled workers. It's not something I've looked into very much, however.

That makes a lot of sense. Wasn't sure about the toughness stat. Seemed like it might be relevant. But of course the frequency & physical condition would be factors.

I'll have to keep testing the chemistry with similar-styled workers. It just seems to make sense to me that either similar styles or somehow complimentary styles would create good chemistry...but then again, if it's all random, maybe it won't matter in the end. :-/

Thanks for the response. It definitely helped. :-)

Toughness is meant to be a measure of legitimate physical toughness, the likelihood of a person winning a real fight or something similar.

Chemistry is based purely off the destiny values, specifically the distance between the numbers. They are generated based off a worker's stats and some random values, so a worker's style of skill set really has no bearing on chemistry. Simiarly styled workers will work better together though due to having similar styles... but that isn't chemistry. :)

Injuries: Resilience is the injury proneness of a worker. The physical demands of a match (match intensity) and the danger of a match (promotion danger and match danger) also play in, as does physical fatigue (physical section of bio). High danger and intensity combined with low resilience and general fatigue will create a situation where a worker is a LOT more likely to get hurt. Low basics will also contribute... and a worker with a low safety rating is more likely to hurt his opponent too.

Hmm I'll just use this opportunity to ask.. resilience in the editor, is that a static stat (like menace for example)? I've always assumed that you just set it to show how banged up they currently are, and that with time it would eventually go back up to 100.. Just reading this thread makes me want to verify that this is the case, and I'm not somehow creating a bunch of workers with permanent bone made from glass.

I guess while I'm at it, does toughness go up over time as well? I've just been setting it low to give workers room to grow into it, but then I don't know if a wrestler would necessarily get better in a real fight just by training and working matches.

Hmm I'll just use this opportunity to ask.. resilience in the editor, is that a static stat (like menace for example)? I've always assumed that you just set it to show how banged up they currently are, and that with time it would eventually go back up to 100.. Just reading this thread makes me want to verify that this is the case, and I'm not somehow creating a bunch of workers with permanent bone made from glass.

I guess while I'm at it, does toughness go up over time as well? I've just been setting it low to give workers room to grow into it, but then I don't know if a wrestler would necessarily get better in a real fight just by training and working matches.

Resilience is pretty static, but does decline significantly in the tail end of a worker's career as they physically deteriorate. I think it does get a little better in the early years of a career but I'm not sure. It certainly isn't a measure of how banged up someone is, that's the section covered by the physical stats/in game screen.

Toughness is another stat that does improve more over time but not to a huge degree. But most pro wrestlers genuinely are pretty tough due to taking a LOT of bumps. Getting used to that is a general improvement in toughness and technique. I've heard countless stories about wresters starting training and ending up in a bar when some guys hits them... turns out a punch doesn't have as much effect as it used to and random n00b gets pwned. Hard. :) Likewise, it also declines with age.

So Chemistry is completely random then based on the destiny values for each game. Okay.

So here's a question then -

How much more of an impact does this random chemistry have on a pairing than, say, matching their wrestling styles?

If Worker A & Worker B are both technicians with no chemistry one way or the other, but Worker B & Worker C (also both technicians) have good chemistry, how much better would Worker B's match be with Worker C (who had good chemistry) than with Worker A (who had no chemistry one way or the other)?

Resilience is pretty static, but does decline significantly in the tail end of a worker's career as they physically deteriorate. I think it does get a little better in the early years of a career but I'm not sure. It certainly isn't a measure of how banged up someone is, that's the section covered by the physical stats/in game screen.

DAMN, @*, and $%#*.

I'd been using the physical area of the editor as in what their permanent injuries were, thinking "oh okay, this guy had a broken neck prior, so his head area is going to be more prone to injury", assuming that that was how it worked due to how the injury editor having permanent injuries split up into similar sections.

I guess on top of everything else I now have a ****load of workers to fix.

EDIT: Since I'm going to have to go through every worker anyway, I may as well ask now: is there any other stats (besides resilience, menace, star quality, sex appeal, and toughness) which are largely static or improve at a reduced rate to everything else?

That's actually pretty close to how it works.

Steve Austin, for example, should be set with poor leg and head/neck (and back?) conditions. Paul Orndorrf should have weaker arms. Bret Hart should have poor head conditions...

Their resilience would be affected by that - once a worker picks up significant damage (as opposed to the 2 or 3 percent general wear and tear you'd pick up over a career) then their resilience should drop as well.

That's actually pretty close to how it works.

Steve Austin, for example, should be set with poor leg and head/neck (and back?) conditions. Paul Orndorrf should have weaker arms. Bret Hart should have poor head conditions...

Their resilience would be affected by that - once a worker picks up significant damage (as opposed to the 2 or 3 percent general wear and tear you'd pick up over a career) then their resilience should drop as well.

Yeah, but then wouldn't their physical (such as Orndorrf's arms) go back up over time? Unless that area of the editor is for setting permanent injuries, and there's no way to set temporary injuries in the editor? (Either which way, this is something that should really be defined in the help files or even in the editor itself with clearer labeling, so there is no misunderstanding in what are pretty big differences)

The main editor settings are for their physical levels when they are at full health. Any injuries assigned in the main editor will have their damage added when the game begins. Resilience is a tough stat to work out to be honest... it's hard to gauge a youngsters resilience because you really won't know much about them and they're unlikely to be working enough to see how they are effected. But older workers are easier to see since you've had a lifetime of seeing them.

Generally speaking though, I go for a figure in the 80s or 90s based on how often they have been injured with fairly innocuous ways. Though guys who work the deathmatch circuit without ever taking time off can probably be described as pretty resilient... and more than likely tough too.

Archived