Glad to see Ron's sorry...

Gary Gorski

Anyone catch the Today show this morning? Nice to see that on a national platform in light of being the main player in the worst spectacle in NBA history Ron Artest had the courage to step up....and promote his record label. Very nice, Ron. If there was ever an appropriate time to wear a t-shirt with your record label and pimp a CD from a group on that label that was definitely the time. No point in using that time and platform to say that you're sorry you went nuts and attacked fans and that behavior like that shouldn't be tolerated from either fans or players. :rolleyes: No wonder people hate the NBA - enjoy your season off Ron now go away and promote your record. Maybe he'll sell enough copies and want to just retire from the NBA - either that or join up with Rodman and join the WWE.

why should he be sorry? seems the reports are now coming out. that the Pacers were being harrassed all night long. and their announcer tried to get a bunch of fans that were drunk and obnoxious tossed early in the 3rd. if the Pistons and Arena Security choose to nothing about the situation. then Cheers to Artest, Jackson, and O'neal for defending themselves and thier teammates against the Punks and Goons otherwise known as Pistons fans

Artest is a disturbed individual. Even if I did have a doubt as to whether he should have gotten the full season suspension before, my doubts have been removed by his dis-tasteful display on the Today show. Smiling and promoting his CD? What about a sincere apology for attackng the fans? Regardless if he was provoked, it's not like he hasn't got a track record here. He was asked 3 times how many games would have been a fair number and he could not answer the question. What a tool.

Artest will not apologize, at least until he starts losing his cd sales and whatever endorsements he may have had in the works. The reason? The guy has no clue that what he did was wrong. Take a look at how many people are defending the clown. It's no surprise he wouldn't feel remorse. Too many professional athletes/entertainers have no clue how lucky they are. They are put upon golden pedestals for so long, they eventually begin to lose their humanity. I mean... how much money does Artest make to play a kids game? He should be on his hands and knees thanking the fact he doesn't have to work as a landscaper, or hustling five spots at the local YMCA. Go start a pick-up game at your park and then participate in a riot with anyone there. You think you'd get away with a ridiculous suspension of park access? Heck no, you or I would be carted off and arrested - no doubt about it.

Some of the more ridiculous moments in the interview for anyone who doesn't have 11 minutes to watch... Artest - "I really want to play this year. I've been making a big effort trying to change the image of the league." Obviously - who could question the desire of someone wanting to play when he only requests one month off to promote his album. And as for changing the image of the league...I think he needed to try a little bit harder. I mean he's only been suspended TEN times by the league or his team in the past 5 seasons. Thank goodness he wasn't trying to disgrace the image of the league - who knows what he might have done. Artest - "I never harmed anybody and that's really important that you don't want to harm anybody and in all these suspensions I was glad nobody was ever hurt. I always took it out on something" Maybe he doesn't recall punching people on Friday night. Also interesting that when he was asked if it was self-defense that he did NOT say that it was. He also apparently finds it funny that he destroyed a camera and had to pay 100 grand to replace it in one of his prior outbursts. Of course the most ridiculous thing was that he was smiling from ear to ear everytime he held up that CD of his - watching the interview it looks like he isn't sorry for what happened and isn't sorry that he's suspended and his wonderful message when asked on what to tell kids who saw this..."Things happen and you have to move on". I think the only thing I'm sure of when it comes to Artest is that he's one strange cat.

[QUOTE=saintbernard]why should he be sorry? seems the reports are now coming out. that the Pacers were being harrassed all night long. and their announcer tried to get a bunch of fans that were drunk and obnoxious tossed early in the 3rd. if the Pistons and Arena Security choose to nothing about the situation. then Cheers to Artest, Jackson, and O'neal for defending themselves and thier teammates against the Punks and Goons otherwise known as Pistons fans[/QUOTE] Thank God you are in the minority....

*breaks out pitchforks and torches* YEARH! LETS STORM HIS HOUSE AND BURN HIM AT A STAKE! Puh lease. You know you're acting overboard when you're mad that a man can smile. Of course, I forgot he's supposed to mope, and be miserable the rest of his life. He said he was sorry it happened. What is he supposed to do? Cry, and send a hand written letter to every person in Detroit?

I didn't know that there were so many Artest fanboys! [QUOTE=Pacersfan46]*breaks out pitchforks and torches* YEARH! LETS STORM HIS HOUSE AND BURN HIM AT A STAKE! Puh lease. You know you're acting overboard when you're mad that a man can smile. Of course, I forgot he's supposed to mope, and be miserable the rest of his life. He said he was sorry it happened. What is he supposed to do? Cry, and send a hand written letter to every person in Detroit?[/QUOTE] Nope, just follow up on the apology by seeking the help he needs to become socially healthy. Accept his punishment and learn from it.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Artest will not apologize, at least until he starts losing his cd sales and whatever endorsements he may have had in the works. The reason? The guy has no clue that what he did was wrong. Take a look at how many people are defending the clown. It's no surprise he wouldn't feel remorse. .[/QUOTE] He will probably gain CD sales not lose them. Think about his target audience.

Archived