Petition to save My Name is Earl

RennikKain076

This is however not true because as I said before Jericho was brought back fulltime from being cancelled but due to the time changes and being put on 2 week holds several times the rates dropped and the show was cancelled again.

I will conceed that an internet petition (with a creative twist) saved Jericho, and it is speculated that the online and media reaction saved Chuck for another season, I won't declare Jericho a success. It will need to go several more seasons and gain popularity before it can stand toe to toe against family guy.

Jericho has been saved, but for how long? Did it truly recover or did it just stall the inevitable for one more season? You can't question Family Guy about that, since coming back to Fox it's become one of their most popular shows.

Ratings are so fuzzy though. To give X amount of people a box/questionnaire and extrapolate for the entire population is faulty. We did that in college, and we filled in stuff we didn't watch with my roommates.

I will conceed that an internet petition (with a creative twist) saved Jericho, and it is speculated that the online and media reaction saved Chuck for another season, I won't declare Jericho a success. It will need to go several more seasons and gain popularity before it can stand toe to toe against family guy.

Jericho has been saved, but for how long? Did it truly recover or did it just stall the inevitable for one more season? You can't question Family Guy about that, since coming back to Fox it's become one of their most popular shows.

Jericho was eventually canceled by CBS after a poor second season because the network kept changing times and what not. To say it was a success I think would be a disservice. It did however make a return after being canceled which was my argurment.

Also another show that was canceled was Friday Night Lights and then picked up by DirecTV and then brought back to NBC to rerun the ones the third season that was aired on DTV. Also it has been a given the green light for a forth season. (GREAT SHOW BTW. I WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN IT A TRY BUT MY WIFE GOT ME INTO IT)

Well the argument the NBC executives have made is that Earl is a dying show without a good fanbase but at this moment over 10,000 people have joined the petition to save the show.

Obviously that doesnt mean a lot to NBC but to Fox, ABC, and whoever else has considered picking it up it makes the potential investment much more interesting.

Jericho was eventually canceled by CBS after a poor second season because the network kept changing times and what not. To say it was a success I think would be a disservice. It did however make a return after being canceled which was my argurment.

Also another show that was canceled was Friday Night Lights and then picked up by DirecTV and then brought back to NBC to rerun the ones the third season that was aired on DTV. Also it has been a given the green light for a forth season. (GREAT SHOW BTW. I WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN IT A TRY BUT MY WIFE GOT ME INTO IT)

Haven't seen the show, but the book was outstanding, and the movie was pretty good too.

Archived