Petition to save My Name is Earl

RennikKain076

<p>NBC has offically decided to cancel My Name Is Earl which is my favorite show so that sucks but Fox, ABC, and TBS are all interested in picking up Earl so there is still hope.</p><p> </p><p>

On Twitter.com there is a petition to save the show and it's been up for close to two days and all ready nearly 7,000 people have joined the movement. </p><p> </p><p>

I made a account just for this so if your a fan of the show like myself go to the following link.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://twitter.com/EarlTwitition" rel="external nofollow">http://twitter.com/EarlTwitition</a></p><p> </p><p>

If enough people join this thing the other networks and cable channels might take notice.</p>

Wait.... My Name Is Earl is getting cancelled, yet not only is that horrid NCIS show still alive, it's getting a new show?! It's like CSI for dumb people, a role already filled by CSI: Miami. And atleat it has the hilarity of over the top bad writing and David Caruso's "acting".

I love Earl. Makes me wish I was white trash.

I hear Fox is probably going to pick it up, so a petition seems a bit pointless. I thought the show kind of went off the deep end in the last season, better to end a show when's it's still good rather than keep it going like The Simpsons.

EDIT: "Pointless" isn't the word I'm looking for... Too harsh. I just don't think it's time to panic just yet.

I thought the show kind of went off the deep end in the last season, better to end a show when's it's still good rather than keep it going like The Simpsons.

What? I... What?

O.K, first The Simpsons is still one of the highest-rated shows on Earth. IF memory serves me right, it was #7.

Second, the scripting is imaginative and always well-written. Thi means while the storylines get way more wacky, it means that it is always fun to watch.

And Third, it is a comedy, so has the ability to make fun of itself, while making fun of society.

Really, it's like Petrol. That's if Family Guy is crude oil...

P.S. I want Earl to be picked up by someone who will keep showing it in the U.K

P.P.S. I like family guy.

If you're talking about My Name Is Earl, then I'm sorta with you. I didn't like the last season all that much, but that boils down to taste more than anything.

If you're talking about The Simpsons... Even the Voice Actors complain about the quality of writing nowadays. The show is terrible. I watched my first episode for months a couple of days ago (something about barley and immigrants) and I couldn't get through it. They're beating a whole herd of dead horses.

If you're talking about My Name Is Earl, then I'm sorta with you. I didn't like the last season all that much, but that boils down to taste more than anything.

If you're talking about The Simpsons... Even the Voice Actors complain about the quality of writing nowadays. The show is terrible. I watched my first episode for months a couple of days ago (something about barley and immigrants) and I couldn't get through it. They're beating a whole herd of dead horses.

Earl yes.

Except for the first point. Which was that somebody must think it's good.

It's a shame that My Name is Earl is going off the air, but when have internet petitions ever worked in "un-canceling" a show.

Farscape was cancelled with 4 or 5 episodes remaining. As a result of petitions fans got a tv movie made out of it, to at least end the series. But for the most part they don't work really lol

Family Guy has been cancelled or on the verge of being cancelled a few times. Didn't internet fan boys help that out? May have been DVD sales.

It did get cancelled and was sent over to Cartoon Network for sidication but due to the great ratings and high DVD sales it ended up being picked up by Fox again and also now has a spineoff based on Clevend Brown starting next season.

Family Guy has been cancelled or on the verge of being cancelled a few times. Didn't internet fan boys help that out? May have been DVD sales.

Yeah, it's been cancelled once, and put on hiatus once, but the adult swim ratings, and dvd sales caused Fox to rethink things. It's technically the only show to ever be brought back from the abyss of cancellation, as others that came back were done to finish seasons or whatever, whereas the Griffins have gone 8 strong now.

I think Earl was one of those shows that was kind of teetering ratings wise, so someone will jump at the chance to snatch it up. Surprised at how many shows NBC is laying out for other channels to pilfer. CBS grabbed Medium. Sure it's a great show, but watching Patricia Arquette for an hour? No thanks.

And why doesn't ABC or Fox pick up Reaper?! (If you haven't seen it, you should seek it out. It's brilliant!) Stupid CW and their "we want more 90210 and Gossip Girl spin offs!" I think that network is proof that the whole job is a monkey sitting behind a desk, and flinging something across the room, and going with what sticks.

Not sure if they're technically the only one. Cagney & Lacey (1983) was apparently canceled after 2 seasons, was brought back and did 4 more seasons and 4 made for TV movies.

Not sure if JAG is still going, but it went for 9 seasons after being dropped by NBC. There are others, but as you said, those might have been to simply give it a proper end (i.e. Scrubs)

It's technically the only show to ever be brought back from the abyss of cancellation, as others that came back were done to finish seasons or whatever, whereas the Griffins have gone 8 strong now.

This is however not true because as I said before Jericho was brought back fulltime from being cancelled but due to the time changes and being put on 2 week holds several times the rates dropped and the show was cancelled again.

You're right ... only show to be brought back based on dvd sales. I should google these things, instead of relying on my shoddy memory of season 5 commentary. Darn you MacFarlane for turning my brain to pudding! *Shakes fist*

Surprised at how many shows NBC is laying out for other channels to pilfer. CBS grabbed Medium. Sure it's a great show, but watching Patricia Arquette for an hour? No thanks.

Its the Jay Leno Effect. With his new nightly one hour prime time show, NBC had to cut alot of other programming.

As for Earl...I liked Earl. It was a good show. Then he went to prison and everything was down hill from there. If someone else does pick it up, they better give creative a kick in the butt or I'll continue to be apathetic.

Archived