MMA Tycoon

ACCBiggz

Went 2-1 on the 13th, so a pretty good night for me. I'm now up to 3-3 as a manager (4-3 if I include the fighter I released) and I think I'm getting the hang of things. Just Binky is looking like he's going to be a can for EWB for a while so it looks like I'll be firing him when I get the chance. :)

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I opted to do my own thing for booking my first show instead of following the Wiki advice. Result: I made a 10,000 profit on my first event using the 750 seat arena. Got a big boost in hype having that many butts in the seats too. I'm still operating at a profit even if I take all signing bonuses and loan repayments into account. Overall, I'm only operating at roughly a five thousand dollar loss, and that is counting the booking fees for three events that have yet to happen. Hype is 49. Should be paying off that loan in short order.

I opted to do my own thing for booking my first show instead of following the Wiki advice. Result: I made a 10,000 profit on my first event using the 750 seat arena. Got a big boost in hype having that many butts in the seats too. I'm still operating at a profit even if I take all signing bonuses and loan repayments into account. Overall, I'm only operating at roughly a five thousand dollar loss, and that is counting the booking fees for three events that have yet to happen. Hype is 49. Should be paying off that loan in short order.

what did you use for the 750? I mean advertising, production, free tickets and ticket prices? I made 3k profit in my 400 seater using low prices, 4000 ads, 2000 production.

I am also in the game. Under the name TheMaskedOrange

My fighters include Sean Deely and Davis Wayne newton as my created wrestlers, and Ron Artest and Rusty Brooks as people I hired.

Deely and Brooks already have contracts, but Newton, who is London based, and Artest, who is in Rio need contracts.

So if anyone can give them anything...

BTW, I am London based.

I sent Artest an offer to fight for FFB.

Good point it only makes sense if they are in different organizations.

GAMMA#2 results are up, ratings rose from 23 to over 29 points in the last event!

I think it would be a good way to promote GDS, and given that I've never had my guys fight any of yours I'm not so sure we'd cancel each other out. But I'm not gonna twist anybody's arm :)

My fighter is Fury Fight Brazil is in trouble. I just realized that the weight for the fight I took is 205, but my fighter can only cut to 209. :(

Will taking a weight loss supp help me knock down? Can the owner of FFB up the fight's weight at this point?

Sucks! This guy is my second rated fighter in terms of hype and is going for a title and I think he's about to get screwed.

Aussie guy is now 3-0 with his boring, controlling fighting style. Trust me, it pays off.

Got yourself an aussie Gray Maynard? I have a couple of fighters like that. Great wrestling and not much else, put a bunch of points into takedowns and moderate points in defensive grappling, GnP and subs. Pinning people down over your career while you polish the other aspects of your fight game isn't a bad way to go about it.

My fighter is Fury Fight Brazil is in trouble. I just realized that the weight for the fight I took is 205, but my fighter can only cut to 209. :(

Will taking a weight loss supp help me knock down? Can the owner of FFB up the fight's weight at this point?

Sucks! This guy is my second rated fighter in terms of hype and is going for a title and I think he's about to get screwed.

At this short notice you are probably screwed.... but giving him a powerful weight loss supplement and taking him off training will at least give you a chance. Nothing to lose from trying it!

And I'd also PM the owner of the org to see if he can change the weight class of the fight. Just in case he can do something about it. :)

At this short notice you are probably screwed.... but giving him a powerful weight loss supplement and taking him off training will at least give you a chance. Nothing to lose from trying it!

And I'd also PM the owner of the org to see if he can change the weight class of the fight. Just in case he can do something about it. :)

I sent him a pm, don't think he can change it. :(

Question: How low do you guys let your fighters energy drop before you rest them? I know they get diminished returns for training tired, but I hate having my guys rest all the time. Some folks at one of my gyms apparently train every slot during the week and then rest saturday and sunday.

Also, do you guys train cardio much, or is it more worthwhile to circuit train with an elite trainer and hit all of the physical attributes?

Personally, I starting to believe that cardio is perhaps the single most important attribute in the game. Having high cardio will let you train more and will put you in a better position for those longer fights. It's too early to say for sure, but so far my low cardio guys are turning into cans whil emy higher ones look like doing far better than most.

I'm trying to hit circuit training a couple of times a week for each of my fighters... apparantly having "no training" will lower your conditioning slightly, so having high cardio will ensure you rarely need to skip training and therefor can develop your fighter much quicker over the long term. At least, that's what I think. I'm also trying to develop my fighters into pretty good all rounders if I can... so high stats in a few areas to begin with then targetted training in weak areas+general fitness to give me a solid base in the long term...

I'm gonna fire my worst fighter when I can too... this early in the game it's best off to create fighters at age 22. I made a bunch of 18 year olds and I think they will suffer for the first several months while they train hard. Though Derek Blackley looks like a dark horse for future success despite his young age. :)

Personally, I starting to believe that cardio is perhaps the single most important attribute in the game. Having high cardio will let you train more and will put you in a better position for those longer fights. It's too early to say for sure, but so far my low cardio guys are turning into cans whil emy higher ones look like doing far better than most.

I'm trying to hit circuit training a couple of times a week for each of my fighters... apparantly having "no training" will lower your conditioning slightly, so having high cardio will ensure you rarely need to skip training and therefor can develop your fighter much quicker over the long term. At least, that's what I think. I'm also trying to develop my fighters into pretty good all rounders if I can... so high stats in a few areas to begin with then targetted training in weak areas+general fitness to give me a solid base in the long term...

I'm gonna fire my worst fighter when I can too... this early in the game it's best off to create fighters at age 22. I made a bunch of 18 year olds and I think they will suffer for the first several months while they train hard. Though Derek Blackley looks like a dark horse for future success despite his young age. :)

That's exactly how I'm looking at things. I wish hadn't created 10 fighters right off the bat :( So you circuit train more than just train cardio? Cardio training is such a shot to fighters energy, I hope its worth it.

I'm strongly considering having my next fighter do nothing except circuit train all the time... at age 22 and with developing his physical attributes I think a fighter could become very successful with a little luck. Shame it's a couple of weeks before I can fire Just Binky... he's gonna be taking up space that a talented youngster could be using to train hard in. :)

I'm strongly considering having my next fighter do nothing except circuit train all the time... at age 22 and with developing his physical attributes I think a fighter could become very successful with a little luck. Shame it's a couple of weeks before I can fire Just Binky... he's gonna be taking up space that a talented youngster could be using to train hard in. :)

I was thinking the same thing, although I am planning on starting my next fighter with fairly low physical attributes and as high a conditioning as I can. Then I'm going to do nothing but circuit train until he's in stellar shape. But I gotta fire somebody first.

Do you have a cut off where you won't train your guys anymore? 70 percent energy? lower?

I train my guys all the time. I try to do cardio or circuit training 3 times a week. Then about 3 days before fights I set them to no training so they have some energy going into the fight. So far my record is 8-3 which I think is fairly good.

Cardio is really important in this game. If your guys don't have good cardio they will not get as much out of training and also are more likely to get tired in a fight faster and will lose because they get gassed.

That isn't a good thing. That means guys will constantly be waiting for fights.

Although i have the largest roster in the world everyone is booked in a fight in the next 3 weeks! They are getting AT LEAST as much action as other Orgs are giving them.

The advantage of having a large roster is that you can book 3 weeks in advance, so there is no last minute fight approvals, you do not have a problem booking an arena on the weekends (which is a huge issue in Las Vegas as we have already 18 Orgs, so getting an good sized arena on the weekends 1 or 2 weeks ahead is IMPOSSIBLE) also allot of the fighters can go inactive, so with a larger roster you can rotate.

One other key point allot of you are not getting here, the game moves REALLY slow, currently 16 weeks = 1 game year, so your 18 year old rookie will be still 21 years old in a year from now!!! You only really need to have him in 1 match per month or at the very most 2 matches (as i plan it my fighters will get around 3 fights every 2 months) this allows for time to develop more and plan your next fight properly.

Last edited: June 17th 2009

Fight Organisation: Extreme Warfare Battleground (run by ACCBiggz/Richard Wilbon)

Will offer contracts to any GDS created wrestlers as long as they are based in Montreal

Training Camp: The Animal Cage (run by jesterx7769/Xander Rhodes)

High quality trainers for quality all round training (Cost: $110 per week, paid Thursdays)

Clothing Company: Juce Wear (run by juggaloninjalee/Ben Richards)

Affordable clothing for GDS users

Clothing Company: OdessieFIGHT (run by ???/Michael Frazier)

More affordable clothing for GDS users

Nutrition Company: Yuber Nutrition (run by justtxyank/Mark Larson)

Cheap suplements for GDS users, maybe

Fight Organisation: Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts (run by Capelli King/Mentor Guruland)

Will offer contracts to any GDS created wrestlers as long as they are based in Las Vegas and weigh in at 205+

Training Camp: Prestige MMA Academy (run by treton/Dicky Fossum)

High quality trainers for quality all round training (Cost: $75 per week, paid Thursdays)

Clothing Company: Bad 2 The Bone MMA (run by Bonedigger/Bonedigger Karl))

Affordable clothing for GDS users

Fight Organisation: Fury Fight Brazil (run by Tag01/Lioneld Methworth)

Will offer contracts to any GDS created wrestlers as long as they are based in Rio de Janeiro

Fight Organisation: Shogun MMA (run by Sons of Kohral/Colton Mitchell)

Will offer contracts to any GDS created wrestlers as long as they are based in Tokyo

ACTIVE PLAYERS

GDS name (manager name)

ACCBiggz (Richard Wilbon)

Anderz (Andrew Barrowcliff)

Arrows (Gary Jennkins)

BHK1978 (Walter Hill)

Bonedigger (Bonedigger Karl)

Capelli King (Mentor Guruland)

chris caulfield (Chris Caulfield)

ChrisWest (Chris West)

derek_b (Derek B)

Devil_Bingo (Tommy Vores)

FlameSnoopy (Eddie McCloud)

Greek (Tyrone Edwards)

i effin rule (Austin Ryles)

infinitywpi (William Peers)

jesterx7769 (Xander Rhodes)

juggaloninjalee (Ben Richards)

justtxyank (Mike Larson)

Krazy Killian (Killian Macardie)

machinesxe (Sean Wilson)

masterded (Egon Begone)

mjdgoldeneye (Mark Wellz)

nZane (Steve Charles)

pepper 2008 (Pepper Valera Pepper Vasquez)

praguepride (Gabriel Mossack)

Prophet (Simon Storm)

QFresh (Johnny Applebottom)

randomfreeze (Jay DeeBee)

sabataged (The Sabataged)

Samoa Joe ROH (Matthew Bisping)

smurphy1014 (Scott Andrews)

Sons of Kohral (Colton Mitchell)

SuperOwens (Ralph Strader)

supershot (Corey McVeigh)

Synticha (Heikki Knihti)

Tag01 (Lioneld Methworth)

The Masked Orange (The Masked Orange)

treton (Dicky Fossum)

trypio (Kris de Maesschalck)

Tyler Gadzinski (Trevor Dontae)

ya_its_me (Yancey Martin)

darthsiddus2 (???)

randomfreeze (???)

??? (Michael Frazier)

-----------------------------

And a helpful hint for those scouting their opponents. ;)

Useless (0-9.99) - WHITE

Abysmal (10-19.99) - WHITE

Woeful (20-29.99) - WHITE (24)/BLUE (25)

Feeble (30-39.99) - BLUE

Mediocre (40-49.99) - BLUE

Competent (50-59.99) - BLUE

Respectable (60-69.99) - BLUE (63)/PURPLE (65)

Proficient (70-79.99) - PURPLE

Strong (80-89.99) - PURPLE

Superb (90-99.99) - PURPLE (99)

Remarkable (100-109.99) - BROWN (101)

Wonderful (110-119.99) - BROWN (112)

Exceptional (120-129.99) - BROWN?/BLACK?

Sensational (130-139.99) - BLACK?

Elite (140+) - BLACK?/RED

Archived