<p>In the notes that you see, as you run your show, you will frequently see "This segment lifted the crowd", or "This segment brought the crowd's mood down." (Something like that, anyway. I always forget the actual wording). When the crowd's mood has come down far enough, they get restless. When they're already restless, they won't react as well to even the best match in the history of wrestling.</p><p> </p><p>

A helpful tip is to try to manage the crowd's mood. Obviously, lower workers are going to put out ratings that will bring the mood down. That's all part of teaching the kids the ropes. In order to keep it from tanking your entire show, try to inject some crowd pleasers, throughout the show. It could be as simple as a hot girl warming up, between two matches involving openers, or the announcers hyping the main event, after a post-match beatdown, involving worker's that aren't very over.</p><p> </p><p>

Once you get the hang of it, managing the crowd's mood becomes second nature, allowing you to build the crowd's mood up to where the main event blows the roof off the joint, just like you've always wanted.</p><p> </p><p>

It takes some time to learn, but it's well worth the effort. Cheers!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Donners" data-cite="Donners" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23708" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Restless crowds tend to come after a bad segment. Same way you get a hot crowd after a particularly good segment.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> most of the time I get the hot crowd note for my 1st dark match and its usually a C or C-</p>

I've had the restless crowd on the first segment of my show when I had a "Sex sells" segment of a hot girl shooting t-shirts into the crowd. The segment got an A rating, but I got a note that said "Unfortunately, [Worker X] had to deal with a restless crowd." I really can't figure out why they would be against this. I run a traditional small promotion and I am doing exactly 20% of the show as angles, as suggested. the FAQ doesn't say anything about restless crowds.

The restless crowd note will appear, if the crowd's mood is lower than the segment rating. The crowd is really hot, of the start, for a C or C- match, but they're not warmed up enough for an A. Assume they start at about a B, or something.

That said, having to deal with a restless crowd isn't a big deal, early on. Throwing that Sex Sells segment up front will warm up the crowd in a heartbeat, which will help to elevate everything else on the card. It's not like that segment NEEDED to get an A*, or something. It can take the hit, in order to boost the overall show.

Yes, after a really hot segment, you'll get a letdown, with the next segment. However, as long as it isn't something important storywise (have it a throwaway backstage segment, or something), and won't get a grade so low that it "brings the crowd down", then you're still in the clear.

In this game, it's only your matches that count towards the overall show rating, so as long as you put an angle right before your matches, that won't cause the match to be a letdown, then you're laughing.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, I can see where the OP is coming from. I didn't notice with with my first few promotions, but with DAVE, they always seem to be restless for the first few matches. I've tried putting on guaranteed top-rated segments like the divas, or a hardcore match to appeal to that fanbase, but it still happens quite regularly.

The better the segments that start the show, the more likely it is that THOSE SEGMENTS will have restless crowds. The crowd isn't warmed up, so their energy level isn't at the same level as the segment. This will, however, lift the crowd sooner, so that they won't be restless for as long.

The only way to avoid restless crowds altogether, is to slowly warm up the crowd, with steadily increasing segment ratings.

Restless crowds aren't a problem, early in the show, though. It's only a problem at the END of a show, because then you won't have a hot crowd for the main event.

• 7 months later...
In my short experience with TEW 05 playing with the DOTT mod I've noticed a couple of things pertaining to the crowd's mood. I think *my opinion* that the crowd probably starts off accepting C or C- rated matches without it bringing about restlessness, but it's not really going to bring the crowds mood up either. I've noticed that booking two crappy (D and below) matches and angles together at the beginning of the card brings about a restless crowd for the rest of the card, you can't get them to snap out of it even if you book a great card for the rest of the show. I find that a build up in what I anticipate the match and angle ratings to be as the show goes on the yield the best results. I'm not saying that I have it all figured out, that's just how my best cards have come about. I seems very simple but you need to book workers in the appropriate places in the card according to their push and put them in angles that play to their skills. I think that my experience playing EWR for several years before I ever picked up TEW has translated reasonably well as I'm able to get cards mostly between Bs and As, with B+s and As the most common. If anyone is aware of a more successful booking strategy than a slow build through the card I would be curious to hear it.

Archived