What to do with Tada?

First, let me tell you a bit about the situation. I'm GAMMA, I own 4 feeder leagues and with my recent acquisition of Ken Peters, I now have the top 10 LHWs in the game world.

My game has been running for a little more than three years now and Yamada has defended his LHW strap 8 times, crushing everbody. Only John Rivero made it out of the first round and most of the the other top guys like Watson have decisively lost to him twice now. John Rivero has just knocked out Watson and probably deserves another shot and so does Ken Peters who's 13-0 and no 3 in the world. I'm fairly sure Yamada's gonna win these next two encounters, so, what am I gonna do with him afterwards?

Note that my premise is to have the best fight the best all the time and have fighters become legends, I don't play this game for the business aspects.

What, out of the following, would you say would be the best option for his legacy:

1. Stay at LHW and rack up as many defenses as he possibly can, probably setting an all-time record that will never again be in peril

2. Have him relinquish his belt and drop down to middleweight for a supermatch with Neil Napier who has started the process of cleaning out his divison as well (currently 4 defenses)

3. Have him compete at LHW and MW simultaneously

4. Have him drop to MW but let him keep his belt. In the meantime, I would introduce an interim belt for the other LHWs to vie for.

I'm leaning towards option number 4 but something about multiple titles doesn' sit to well with me.

I would say no to having him drop the belt he did earn it after all and it is not his fault that he has cleaned out the division.

I would personally go with three:

Have him compete at LHW and MW simultaneously

I have been wanting to do this in one of my games but I have never stuck with a game long enough to do it.

This sounds like my Alpha-1 version of Hyun Shik-Lim(sp?) or however his name is spelled. On paper he shouldn't be my best fighter, merely average ground game + take down defense and B's for both power + technique. However once the bell rings he catches EVERYBODY. At this point he has defended his LHW title 11 times. Combine that with 3 wins before he got his title shot against Tadamasa Yamada and 1 win at heavyweight against Hiro Arai and I got a guy who is basically unstoppable.

He has managed to beat Yamada down to the Middleweight divison and Watson+Katou up to the heavyweight divison. In between he has taken out every other serious contender for his title(and to be honest a couple of fringe contenders as well). In the process he has never had a fight in his ALPHA-1 career go to a decision and has won all 15 of his ALPHA-1 fights by TKO or KO.

At this point my plan is to give him another fringe contender for the heavyweight title and then pull the trigger on a superfight with Fezzik. I fully expect Fezzik to destroy him and at that point I have no idea what the heck I'll do with him.

Interesting, how well did Katou and Watson do at HW?

Watson washed out(too many wrestlers in the heavyweight divison that were able to get him to the ground). Katou is without a doubt my number 2 heavyweight, but is destined to be number 2. He has 2 losses to the LHW champ and 1 loss to Fezzik. He has defeated everyone else. Yamada won't fight him so there is one of my dream match-ups out the window.

Watson washed out(too many wrestlers in the heavyweight divison that were able to get him to the ground). Katou is without a doubt my number 2 heavyweight, but is destined to be number 2. He has 2 losses to the LHW champ and 1 loss to Fezzik. He has defeated everyone else. Yamada won't fight him so there is one of my dream match-ups out the window.

close the training camp (via in game editor), then book the fight immediately. it works for me

If he is any good on your game, and if you can get him have a look at Jakuchu Abe, he could be able to knock off Yamada or maybe try Jonathan Huang...depends how good they are on your game though...and both would have to move up from MW which i havent tried yet...

Also this topic has scared me, Yamada is next in line for a shot at the LHW belt in my game. I am waiting to run Watson vs Asanovic III but after that Yamada is getting a shot, i have just got him in.

Unfortunately, Huang is a total bum in my game. I was trying to build him up for a MW title shot but he just failed miserably. Abe is in one of the smaller promotions I own and he's not doing too well either. I'm hoping that Zvonimir Asanovic - who has been flash subbed by Yamada twice already - will be able to give Yamada some trouble should there be a third encounter. He has developed a fairly respectable ground game of late.

Archived