Question about the Numbers/Stats

Okay, I'm back into playing WreSpi. Actually thinking about picking up WreSpi2, but kinda broke... Anyway...

I'm in the process of recreating some of the Feds from my previous mod, since I lost all my original data.

I'm curious about the stats and what the numbers mean. To explain:

A rookie should have a stat range of what? 1-30 or so?

A veteran?

An aging veteran?

Basically, I'm curious about a range that's appropriate for the characters I'm making.

I know that I can look at the characters in the C-verse for examples, but I'd like something a little more concrete. Like, if a guy's been wrestling for 10 years, his best stats should sit around X-XX.

Nothing this specific in any of the characters in the C-verse. Just "so and so's been wrestling for a few years."

Okay, maybe I didn't phrase the question well enough.

In D&D, human average for a stat is 10.

If a worker has an average ability in a stat what is its value? 70? 40?

Based on fiddling with the character generator, it appears that a talented beginner has a score of around 40 in a particular stat. Is that average, or above average?

See my point? Just asking for a bit of objective, not relative, statistical context.

Edit:

Okay, found a table for the letter-stat value comparison for TEW2005.

F: 0 - 15.0

E: 15.1 - 22.5

D: 22.6 - 30.0

C-: 30.0 - 40.0

C: 40.1 - 50.0

C+: 50.1 - 60.0

B-: 60.1 - 66.0

B: 66.1 - 74.0

B+: 74.1 - 80.0

A: 80. - 90.0

A*: 90.1 - 100

Assuming that a C grade is a sign of average-ness (tell me if that's an incorrect assumption) is this, roughly, a good model to follow when assigning stats?

• 2 months later...
Okay, maybe I didn't phrase the question well enough.

In D&D, human average for a stat is 10.

If a worker has an average ability in a stat what is its value? 70? 40?

Based on fiddling with the character generator, it appears that a talented beginner has a score of around 40 in a particular stat. Is that average, or above average?

See my point? Just asking for a bit of objective, not relative, statistical context.

Edit:

Okay, found a table for the letter-stat value comparison for TEW2005.

F: 0 - 15.0

E: 15.1 - 22.5

D: 22.6 - 30.0

C-: 30.0 - 40.0

C: 40.1 - 50.0

C+: 50.1 - 60.0

B-: 60.1 - 66.0

B: 66.1 - 74.0

B+: 74.1 - 80.0

A: 80. - 90.0

A*: 90.1 - 100

Assuming that a C grade is a sign of average-ness (tell me if that's an incorrect assumption) is this, roughly, a good model to follow when assigning stats?

In my experience with TEW (I'm not really a WreSpi kinda guy :p), D is more average than C. But it's relative to the size of the promotion we're talking about and how talented the worker in question is in relation to other workers of that level.

An E grade in most stats would be a semi-pro wrestler who works a day job and competes on the indy circuit to earn some cash. He'd probably be employed by local or small feds.

D would be an average indy circuit wrestler, not particularly talented but very employable, does the job.

C would be a solid main eventer in a regional fed, or a good upper card hand for a cult fed. A huge promotion like the WWE would see a 'C' grade as acceptable for lower carders with potential (or jobbers).

Of course, for some stats this scale is useless. Some skills aren't relative at all, and are just rated from good to poor. Stamina, for example, or Resilience are completely unrelated to others. A worker can be awesome and have crap stamina, or a terrible worker with amazing stamina. Same for resilience.

The Performance skills (particularly Psychology) are different again. A young worker will generally have E-D psychology, anything above a D+ is pretty special for someone under, say, 23. Psychology is something you gain with experience, mainly.

Basics, Selling and Safety depend largely on the quality of their training. A good training school's graduates might start out with C+ or even B-, whereas a backyarder will be in the E's or even F's. But again, D or D+ is average. In my opinion.

The scale you quoted is a good one to work with, but bear in mind that C - while it's the middle of the scale, obviously - isn't necessarily the average of actual wrestler's skills, because workers with A and A* stats are pretty rare. A and A* are beyond just "really good". A and A* are reserved for the cream of the wrestling crop. So that pushes the average down a bit.

Archived