Touring Contract Issue

Maybe I don't fully understand touring contracts but...

NJPW ended up going bankrupt in my game. So I bought them out. Some of the workers I pillaged are on Touring Contracts and remained on Touring Contracts with me. Now it won't let me renegotiate until the tour is over, but I'm not a touring company. I'm running WWE with a year-round schedule.

Do these contracts ever expire?

EDIT: I see that the contracts have a length to them. So I'm stuck paying them per appearance for nearly two years. Shouldn't you be able to offer new contracts to people you sign over from buying out a promotion, instead of just keeping the exact contract they had with the bankrupt promotion?

That's an interesting set of circumstances you got there... definitely something for Adam to look at.

As for taking contracts... you are just buying out their current contract. If you were a small promotion buying out a bigger one you can (and do) end up with workers you might not otherwise be able to sign. As GCG I bought out WLW and ended up with several workers on written contracts that I otherwise would never have had. Indeed, the workers in question would probably have ended up in BHOTWG if it weren't for that, so that's the upside.

To be honest, I didn't think you could buy out touring contracts. I think Adam will change that when he sees this. :) If you are looking to sort things out there though I'd use the editor. If the contracts now have a "days left" on them then you should be able to edit that down to 1 day and let them go. Touring contracts don't need to have 6 months between them so you should be able to re-sign them immediately after that.

In the editor is there no slider for the amount of time left on the contract. I saw that when I went to the worker and looked at their contract in my Roster Section. And in the Editor you can't change a Touring Contract to any other type of contract.

You can - but you need to edit the contract, NOT the worker.

You can - but you need to edit the contract, NOT the worker.

no you cant actually, if you try to change touring contracts in the editor it tells you they cant be changed to any other type of contract. thats what it tells me anyway

Sounds like you'd best leave this to Adam. Check to see if the touring contract is actually counting down days when you advance to the next day (so 20 days left instead of 21, for example) which you should be able to see when you check your diary. Other than that, it seems like you've found a rare set of circumstances that can potentially cause trouble but only if a human player buys out foreign, differently scheduled promotions and steals the workers on normally unavailable contract types. :p

Another issue has risen out of this buyout. I let Samoa Joe's contract expire five months ago. He was one of the workers pillaged from this company, and he was on a Short Term contract with them, which is expiring at the end of this month. However, when I try to renegotiate with him, he refuses because he just recently left the promotion.

Yeah, I know that. It's just weird that I bought out the company he's working for, gaining his contract in the process, and when it runs up he refuses to re-sign cause he just recently left my promotion... when he's technically employed by my promotion as he's saying this.

Archived