Buying companies ?

Whats the strategy for buying a competing company ? For those of you that have bought, are they profitable or do you just consider them an R&D investment ?

Of course I ask this AFTER having bought BCF. I'm now looking at 4 straight months of losses from that org. What are the benefits of keeping them around, and will I be able to feed them enough talent so that they'll make a profit ?

Strictly speaking, you don't buy up promotions to make money. You buy them for the same reason the UFC bought WEC - as feeder orgs where you send promising newbies or skilled veterans on losing streaks when they no longer have a place in your main promotion, hoping for them to build up a winning streak in the little leagues. You can then take them back if they look like they're worthy of going on your cards.

In my game, Anderson Dessailly was on a losing streak, so I sent him to BCF where he built a winning streak back up without me having to micromanage him. I then took him back.

Besides, I just feel SAD watching something like WEFF go under. Where are the lovely ladies going to get fights if not there? I bought WEFF out of pity.

Strictly speaking, you don't buy up promotions to make money. You buy them for the same reason the UFC bought WEC - as feeder orgs where you send promising newbies or skilled veterans on losing streaks when they no longer have a place in your main promotion, hoping for them to build up a winning streak in the little leagues. You can then take them back if they look like they're worthy of going on your cards.

In my game, Anderson Dessailly was on a losing streak, so I sent him to BCF where he built a winning streak back up without me having to micromanage him. I then took him back.

Besides, I just feel SAD watching something like WEFF go under. Where are the lovely ladies going to get fights if not there? I bought WEFF out of pity.

Well, UFC doesn't use WEC as a feeder league but I agree with the rest of what you're saying.

I own 4 other promotions and none of them make a profit. I mainly own them just because I like having alot of fighters under contract but I can't always give them enough fights so I just send them to a feeder promotion for a while to keep them active. Also I just don't like seeing other promotions go out of business.

becareful, when theyre contracts are up, youre not notified as the contract as been transferred to your feeder company. ive lost a handful of fighters this way :(

cool thing is, if they sign someone and they start doing well, you can call them up and claim them as your own. :)

What about adding the ability to have full control of 2 or more organizations? So page one would be your XCC, page 2 your OMEGA, page 3 your GAMMA and so on. Then you could page up or down. All emails of course would have to be addressed for each organization before you can advance to the next day. I think that would be pretty cool to fully control multiple organizations.

What about adding the ability to have full control of 2 or more organizations? So page one would be your XCC, page 2 your OMEGA, page 3 your GAMMA and so on. Then you could page up or down. All emails of course would have to be addressed for each organization before you can advance to the next day. I think that would be pretty cool to fully control multiple organizations.

I love this idea

I personally think things are fine as it is. Having to micromanage 3 promotions would get incredibly tedious for me very, very quickly.

One thing I DO want would be a warning when a fighter in an owned promotion is about to be bought out by an opposing company - I lost a few good prospects because I didn't keep a careful eye on what my child promotion was doing.

I personally think things are fine as it is. Having to micromanage 3 promotions would get incredibly tedious for me very, very quickly.

One thing I DO want would be a warning when a fighter in an owned promotion is about to be bought out by an opposing company - I lost a few good prospects because I didn't keep a careful eye on what my child promotion was doing.

Well, that could be fixed pretty easily by adding the ability to delegate responsibilities to your staff, that way you could control just how much you are involved with the promotions you own.

Well, that could be fixed pretty easily by adding the ability to delegate responsibilities to your staff, that way you could control just how much you are involved with the promotions you own.

I'd love to do that even with one promotion. 3 years in and I'm tiring of the contract renewal process.

In terms of control of other companies I'd like to at least hire and fire the staff. Even better would be the ability to set the direction of the company, growth, money, or talent development.

Archived