Gimp help

There are a few methods you can use. A few methods I use, anyway, the professionals and experienced guys like FIN probably have better methods. The simplest one is colourising:

-1. Select the object you want to change (either with the 'free select' tool (looks like a looped piece of rope) or the 'fuzzy select' tool (the magic wand).

-- Tip for the magic wand, set the threshold quite low (so that it only selects very similar colours) and hold down the shift key while you select areas, and 'build up' the selection area until it covers the whole object. If you set the threshold too high you end up selecting much more than you wanted, especially hair close to the worker's skintone. I usually use the free select tool (especially for hair) because it's much less of a pain in the arse - UNLESS you're using a touchpad mouse on a laptop. In which case... just don't use a touchpad. :p

-- The same tip also works for the free select. My laptop has a rather small screen, so as I usually zoom in to 800% or higher to see what I'm doing, some of the hair is sometimes off the screen. If you select all that you can see, then hold shift and select the rest, it'll form one selection when you let go. Try it. You can even hold down control instead of shift to 'unselect' bits you don't want selected (eyes for instance, when selecting a mask).

-2. Go to Colours -> Colourise, and fiddle about until you get the colour you require. It will only colourise the area you've selected.

The second method can sometimes be more effective, especially for masks and props, and is definitely quicker:

- Select the Paintbrush tool, and set the Mode to 'Grain Merge'. Then simply paint on your chosen colour. Grain Merge mode, as far as I can work out (I don't know the theory behind it, I just messed around with the Modes and that one worked so I kept doing using it :p) is similar to 'colourise' in that it preserves shadows and highlights, and just changes the colour. It doesn't work quite as well on darker shades, though. For example, Koki Ishibashi's mask is far easier to use this method with than, say, Acid's.

Grain Merge tends to look rather **** when used on hair, though. Not sure why, but I'm sure a graphic design student could tell you. :p

A third method is to simply turn down the Opacity of the paintbrush in Normal mode, which does a similar thing but is less useful (because turning down the opacity makes whichever colour you use dull. Grain Merge keeps the colour strong).

<p>I'm hoping someone sees this in here so I don't have to open a new thread. I just d/l'd a bunch of fonts from dafont.com, installed them in my windows fonts. They show up in Paint, but they don't show up in Gimp.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT:</p><p> </p><p>

Nevermind restarted the program and their there....btw can you do that in English. "Their there" technically its two different words isn't it? Or is it technically just two variations of the SAME word? OR is it the same word without the same variation however the meaning behind said same word is different? Now I need help with that.</p>

Archived