Psychology..........

ok so im working on some data and I am having some trouble with the Psychology stat, I feel i dont know enough about the stat and can never seem to be happy with it when I adjust it.

I feel if I can understand it better so it'll make my Mod better but make me a better mod maker.

Help?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Basmat01" data-cite="Basmat01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24290" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>ok so im working on some data and I am having some trouble with the Psychology stat, I feel i dont know enough about the stat and can never seem to be happy with it when I adjust it.<p> </p><p> I feel if I can understand it better so it'll make my Mod better but make me a better mod maker.</p><p> </p><p> Help?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For future reference things like this should go into the "Small Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread" thread. Now as for your question, the psychology stat represents the ability of a worker to put together a logical, flowing match in his head. If the stat is low the worker won't be able to plan a match in his head and it would turn out looking very staged. On the other end, a worker with a high psychology stat will be able to put on good matches that just flow and actually look like nothing is planned in advance.</p>

<p>Psychology is probably one stat that every smark understands when they see it action, but can't quite describe. I can only list examples of people and matches that have good or great psychology. I think it is best to list people who aren't the greatest in-ring talents, but who have good psychology. </p><p> </p><p>

Hulk Hogan, in his heyday, had great psychology. Jake the Snake Roberts is another one. He wasn't a great brawler. He wasn't a great technician. But god damn, were his matches good. He had solid Entertainment skills, decent (but not great) brawling and technical wrestling skills, but he had a solid foundation. </p><p> </p><p>

For matches, think "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. "The Dragon" Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3. Or maybe "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Bret "The Hitman" Hart at Wrestlemania 13.</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: Clabobby got it right, but I always felt it was what he said, and a bit more...</p>

<p>Yeah there is more to it then that as it also incorporates thinking on your feat as well. Say for instance someone hits the mat head first after a missed top rope cross body, how do you proceed with the match and the aftermath? That is an extreme recent example but yeah it mainly pertains to the flow and impact of the match from a story standpoint and that the moves are logical (eg not spotfest) Micheals vs Taker didn't really have great spots but man did they tell a story in the ring. For some parts they where both lying on the ground and it was still captivating.</p><p> </p><p>

As ampulator said you notice when it is working or when it is severely lacking. In general in TEW terms more experienced workers will have higher psychology as compared to younger ones as it is gained with experience.</p><p> </p><p>

Current day examples of very good would be Undertaker.</p><p>

And known worker who isn't very good Jack Evans as it is just moving from spot to spot although he has gotten better and doesn't warrant an F-.</p><p> </p><p>

There is more to it then mentioned above and here and I will leave that to people better qualified to answer.</p>

A good way to desribe the Psychology of a match, I think, is to think of it as the story the match tells. Without a story, without psychology, a can become nothing more than a series of moments that are not connected to each other in any way. The better the Psychology, the better the story.

Psychology is "making the most people make the most noise for the longest amount of time": if one of your characters hits a big move- a piledriver for example- and his opponent does a nip up and suplexes the guy who's just given him a piledriver, no one will believe it. That's poor psychology.

Archived