Games not playing out in sim

Every once in a while (like just now) I get a situation where I click to "Sim the Week" and it starts off and then just stops. The week shows finished yet some games are not showing scores or stats. They don't add to the standings or anything.

Anyone else seeing this? What causes it (it does not cause an RTE)?

I get e-mails post game showing injuries and stuff but no score. I can't click on the sim week tab again, only advance to the next week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish that had worked for me. We (I) still haven't gotten any response (re RTE 3360) from the company. Are they still in business?

I've ran across this issue previously, both while running online leagues and solo, and each time I was able to just reload and re-run the week with no issues coming back up.

I started getting RTE 3360, so I started my career over. Now I am having this problem. It appears these guys never got a response.

Is anybody from GDS monitoring these boards anymore?

I know that Scott and Arlie do peruse the forums; as far as the long-running dynasty, you were doing that with my DI-AA mod if I'm not mistaken. I never ran a dynasty that long; one thing that you may try to do is start a new game and import the rosters from the one you are getting the RTE on and see if it may be that the database has too much information in it to continue running.

<p>I appreciate your response. It isn't using your DIAA Mod. I gave up on this error. I now keep getting RTE 91. I downloaded the game again and reinstalled. It keeps giving RTE 91. This is a real problem. My 27 year old son was going to get a game for Christmas, but now I can't really see paying just to get RTE. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kennywanchizoate" data-cite="kennywanchizoate" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24700" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know that Scott and Arlie do peruse the forums; as far as the long-running dynasty, you were doing that with my DI-AA mod if I'm not mistaken. I never ran a dynasty that long; one thing that you may try to do is start a new game and import the rosters from the one you are getting the RTE on and see if it may be that the database has too much information in it to continue running.</div></blockquote>

• 1 month later...
I would need more information about your league and game setup to assist. Most of the people with this error are seeing it only intermittently which makes it much more difficult to diagnose.

I just got the run time 3360 error.

I'm in year 2019 (started in 1970)

getting the error after it sims week 15 and is finalizing awards to move to week 16. Standard set up with Icy's team name and logos. Haven't had any errors up to this point.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got the run time 3360 error.

I'm in year 2019 (started in 1970)

getting the error after it sims week 15 and is finalizing awards to move to week 16. Standard set up with Icy's team name and logos. Haven't had any errors up to this point.

bump

Is it possible to restore from the backup and see if the error is repeatable? The common factor here seems to a large number of years simmed. I'm almost wondering if its a situation where the CPU is running out of available memory. Does it seem to move on after a restart?

Is it possible to restore from the backup and see if the error is repeatable? The common factor here seems to a large number of years simmed. I'm almost wondering if its a situation where the CPU is running out of available memory. Does it seem to move on after a restart?

I'm not sure what you are asking here. You mean start over from a saved point? If yes I did try that. I restarted from the saved point prior to it happening. Saved just before I knew where it had just happened and then reloaded it and got the same error.

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on this yet?

When my game does this at the end of the season, I load my save and then go to the history section and just randomly look at some of the stats. This allows my game to continue when I click on the button to advance to the next season.

NC

I've seen the error in weeks 15 and 16 of your file. I've tried multiple things. Unfortunately I don't have access to the source code, so short of continuing to experiment there isn't much else I can do, most of the usual things I would try don't seem to be working. I want to check the number of teams eligible for the week 16 games and see if maybe that is the query that it is running into problems with.

I do have some feelers out to see what might have caused the issue (in the past there was an issue that was supposed to have been fixed in one of the earlier patches related to sims that went out 50 years).

I have the same error on mine as well. It has been 50 seasons for me too. Happens at the end of Week 15.

Archived