MLB Playoffs discussion thread

AfRoMaN36

I said in my earlier post that this is the game the Angels would win in this series. C.C is back out there tomorrow night and if he's the C.C he's been over the last three years its not looking good for the Angels. Hell they barely escaped with teh win tonight. They can't close the door on these Yankees. They should be two games up on the Yanks but all year long these Yanks have came back in the eight, ninth tied it and then went into extra innings for the win. With C.C who should be automatic tomorrow night and then Burnett behind him the Yank should walk to the Series.

I said the same thing about the Phillies. They have dominated L.A this entire series. They should have already won the series. They should close the door Weds night with ease. I knew LA's closer wasn't right the minute he threw that first pitch. The walk, the hit batter.

I love baseball because its the only sport where people talk about last year like it was yesterday. Baseball is the one sport where performance seems to vary from year to year. Last year Mannie batted some gaudy 520 in the playoffs. However that was Manny the whole second half of the season after the trade. He was on fire coming into the playoffs. This year he wasn't even batting 250 after his suspension. Then the guy cracks a home run and watches it two games ago like he's back or something. Its like hit a game winner or a late innings go ahead HR and then watch it. Don't hit some fifth inning HR that didn't matter anyway. Then the pundits guys like Eckersley and Ripken are "waiting for Manny to catch fire". I mean these guys look so uncomfortable its like their reading from a script. Your telling me a guy like Cal can't figure out Manny's done? Why do they think LA would only sign him for this year and at a discounted price.

I guess they say things like that because if they say "well since Manny can't hit the ball anymore and can't catch up to fastballs anymore they might as well be done since he's the entire reason they've even made the playoffs these last two years". I mean you looking at their starting rotation and I have no idea how they beat out the Giants in that division this year. Randy Wolf and rookie Kershaw are the "aces" of the staff thats rough.

That being said a Phils/Yanks series should be good. Great pitching with Cole and Lee vs. C.C and Burnett. Battle of the famous closers Lidge vs. Rivera and offense up and down the line up Howard, Rollins, Utley, Ruiz vs. A Rod, Jeter, Texeria, Damon.

Really these two teams have been the clear cut favorites in each division since spring training and really are the two best teams. I'm sure early money will be on the Yanks but the Phils got just as much momentum riding into the Series as the Yanks do. Its either gonna be pitching duels, or home run derbys. A seven game classic or a four game sweep. Should be fun at the very least.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, after much consideration, I've decided that I'll actually root for the Yankees here, even though it goes against everything I believe in, (:p I kid). After all, Joe Girardi was one of MY Cubs, (IE: the Cubs of 1989-1990, all around that era), and since the Cubbies aren't in the running....

Just wish the Cubs could win the World Series once before the time comes for me to make my 54-yard field goal with the proverbial bucket though.

That was a pretty good game last night though. Had a feeling the Angels were gonna win - whenever they break into extra innings like that, my money's always on the home team - just seems easier too hit a walk-off shot than to take the lead AND hold off the other team.

Anywho...

:D

Wow this is awsome my two favorite teams are playing against each other!

Now before I get the badwagon thing coming at me, I have been a Yankee fan going back to 86. And I live in New England so believe me when I say it, it's tough being a Yankee fan up here.

I have been a Philly fan going back to 93, or was it 92, when they played the Blue Jays in the Series. I did not want the Jays to win and so I started to cheer on the Phils.

Now granted I am much more of a Yankees fan and I hope they win, I am still glad to see them and the Phillies duke it out in the World Series.

• 2 weeks later...
The Yankees win!!!!:D

In all honesty, I was not sure if they could pull this off. So I am glad that they won another championship, if only to shut the Red Sox fans up about the Red Sox being the team of the decade.

S'okay, they can have 'team of the decade'. Team of the millennium trumps it.

Twenty seven titles. Seven World Series appearances in the last 13 years. Five wins. Yeah, I expect folks to hate.

But given the fact that the cheapest franchise in Major League Baseball has TWO titles in the last 12 years, I don't want to hear any whining about how much money is spent in/on the Cathedral of Baseball and its primary residents.

Let Fred Wilpon suck on that there.

S'okay, they can have 'team of the decade'. Team of the millennium trumps it.

Twenty seven titles. Seven World Series appearances in the last 13 years. Five wins. Yeah, I expect folks to hate.

But given the fact that the cheapest franchise in Major League Baseball has TWO titles in the last 12 years, I don't want to hear any whining about how much money is spent in/on the Cathedral of Baseball and its primary residents.

Let Fred Wilpon suck on that there.

You know, I never really got the bought championship thing. A lot of the big name players on the Yankees teams either came from their minor league system (Posada, Jeter, Cabrera, Cano, Mariano,Brett Gardner, Joba, Hughes, Pettitte) or came over to the Yankees through shrewd trading (A-Rod, Nick Swisher) so how can people say that it was a bought championship? I mean yes AJ, CC, and Tex were bought. However, the core of the team came through drafting and good trades (which is not buying).

Sorry about that little rant, I used to argue this all of the time because I am surrounded by Red Sox fans...

Yeah, that's what my Fred Wilpon dig was for. He owns the Mets and has spent a ton of money over the last 4 years or so and gotten poop for it. If they're not choking at season's end, they're sucking up the joint from Opening Day. Johan Santana chose the right city but the wrong team. Now 'the other great lefthander' has a ring and Johan gets to watch it on TV.

I heard a lot of 'well, if my team spent that kinda money, we'd have a title too!' and it's patently false. Likewise, the so-called 'small market teams' who whine about the large market teams "overspending" and expecting their players to take deals well below their market values ("hometown discount") just to play in the armpit of America (hi Brewers!), are delusional.

Now let's see how much of the team comes back next year. Given all the young players who are going to be non-tendered because of the broken arbitration system, there's gonna be a lot of young, relatively cheap talent available.

Well, if I'm the Yankee GM, I re-sign Matsui. Like, now. Get a pen and paper and ink a one year, incentive laden deal.

I would let Damon go. I love the guy, his power numbers are up, but only due to the stadium, his legs aren't as good anymore and his fielding is sub par. Move Melky to left, put Garder at center.

Ink muti-year deals with Rivera and Pettite, they die in pinstripes for me. Re-sign Marte (Bad season GREAT postseason) Let Nady Go, Let Igawa go use that money to sign a middle of the rotation guy to fill Wangs spot until he returns from injury. Then if I decide to move Joba to the pen permanently, either call up Ian Kennedy, or sign some one else. If I decide to keep Joba in the rotation, sign a high caliber reliever.

And that would be my off season. Probable too... though I think Cashman would put Damon before Matsui sadly.

You know, I never really got the bought championship thing. A lot of the big name players on the Yankees teams either came from their minor league system (Posada, Jeter, Cabrera, Cano, Mariano,Brett Gardner, Joba, Hughes, Pettitte) or came over to the Yankees through shrewd trading (A-Rod, Nick Swisher) so how can people say that it was a bought championship? I mean yes AJ, CC, and Tex were bought. However, the core of the team came through drafting and good trades (which is not buying).

Sorry about that little rant, I used to argue this all of the time because I am surrounded by Red Sox fans...

Considering their own payroll, I find it funny that Red Sox fans would rip on the Yanks for their big spending. I mean, remember how much they paid just for the rights to NEGOTIATE with Daisuke?

I have a problem with the fact that the Yankees can go out and sign CC, Tex and Burnett in one offseason. It makes me root against them and their high-priced superstars heavily. But at the same time, I don't really blame them for doing it. There aren't rules against it. As long as there aren't restrictions in place, why SHOULDN'T they do whatever they can to field a winning team? So yeah, even though I hate the Yankees, I don't blame them for their high payroll and free agent spending. I blame Major League Baseball and the Player's Association.

Well, if I'm the Yankee GM, I re-sign Matsui. Like, now. Get a pen and paper and ink a one year, incentive laden deal.

I would let Damon go. I love the guy, his power numbers are up, but only due to the stadium, his legs aren't as good anymore and his fielding is sub par. Move Melky to left, put Garder at center.

Melky/Gardner/Swisher would be a horrible outfield

Ink muti-year deals with Rivera and Pettite, they die in pinstripes for me. Re-sign Marte (Bad season GREAT postseason) Let Nady Go, Let Igawa go use that money to sign a middle of the rotation guy to fill Wangs spot until he returns from injury. Then if I decide to move Joba to the pen permanently, either call up Ian Kennedy, or sign some one else. If I decide to keep Joba in the rotation, sign a high caliber reliever.

Marte is on a multi year deal and you cant' "let Igawa go." He has a guaranteed contract. He also only makes like $4 million a year which means you aren't getting a quality pitcher for his money even if you could let him go. He's also not on the major league roster so I don't know why you are discussing him. Rivera has another year on his deal still. Pettitte has arm problems. Signing a multi year deal with him his stupid.

And that would be my off season. Probable too... though I think Cashman would put Damon before Matsui sadly.

Cool. You want to punt 2010.

Uhh... no. Damon instead of Garder is not that much of an improvement anymore on offense (extremely streaky, not as fast anymore, bad defensively) while on defense you improve dramatically both fielding wise and arm wise. Besides that you have Austin Jackson a prized prospect waiting within the next year or so for a call up and I don't see the Yankees moving Melky or Swisher.

And you don't need a superstar outfield when you have the infield of dreams. All you need in the outfield are 3 guys who can cover lots of ground and have good to great arms and those three can fill those requirements.

Besides, would it hurt to save some money?

Marte is on a multi year deal and you cant' "let Igawa go." He has a guaranteed contract. He also only makes like $4 million a year which means you aren't getting a quality pitcher for his money even if you could let him go. He's also not on the major league roster so I don't know why you are discussing him. Rivera has another year on his deal still. Pettitte has arm problems. Signing a multi year deal with him his stupid.

As far as Marte and Igawa go, I thought this was there last year. I was unaware that Igawa had a 6 year deal rather than a 4 year deal as I thought. And as for the multi-year deal with Pettite, I was actually looking for a two year deal. His arm issues seem to be behind him and he was the Yankees number 2 starter this year without question, to think he will just fall apart in two years is stupid in itself.

And although he is just making $4 million, Igawas $4 million could have gone towards a middle or back of the rotation guy. You don't need an ace, just someone who can consistently keep you in the game. Wang returns before the all star break (iirc) next season and you don't really need to spend much money there especially if Wang returns to form. Then you have arguably the best rotation in town. I'd sign one anyway if Joba isn't the number 5 starter.

Someones exaggerating, no?

Another thing I would like to throw out there on the big market vs. small market debate is, how come the Twins are never horrible? I mean the Twins are not a small market team by any means, but I believe they are considered a small market team in baseball. So, how are they able to compete year in and year out when a team like the Royals, who used to dominate baseball, cannot?

Is it a better front office staff, better scouting, great management on the field? I am not sure, one thing that I do know is both are considered small-to medium market teams and one competes every year and the other does not.

And look at the Dodgers they spend a lot of money and they are in the number two, or is it three, market in the country. And despite being a team that makes and spends a lot of money, somehow they have not put a World Series team together in 21 years.

Yeah, who has speedy outfielders who can cover lots of ground, anyway? You need 3 Manny Ramirezes in a good outfield! :rolleyes: I wouldn't get rid of Damon outright (unless he was looking for Tex level money or something ridiculous like that) but going with the younger guys would provide a defensive upgrade, I think.

I can't agree with this. Moneyball is the order of the day. Pettite with a two year deal (last year as an option) makes perfect sense. Andy's value isn't just what he does on the field, it's what he brings to your clubhouse. You think veteran leadership isn't important? Igawa's contract is eminently tradeable, especially this year. I would bet you CAN get a quality pitcher for $4 mil since the market is still somewhat depressed and the non-tenders are going to run rampant.

Nope. Considering the fact that the Yankees are always interested in the best of the best of every free agent market, there will be no punting. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Jason Bay turn up in pinstripes. The Yanks seem to be coming around to the 'defense is really important' line of thinking (again, Moneyball). Melky and Brett's contracts are very attractive and can easily be moved for top tier young players.

Another thing I would like to throw out there on the big market vs. small market debate is, how come the Twins are never horrible? I mean the Twins are not a small market team by any means, but I believe they are considered a small market team in baseball. So, how are they able to compete year in and year out when a team like the Royals, who used to dominate baseball, cannot?

First off, the Twins are indeed a small market team. Ask Carl Pohlad. Minneapolis is not a large market. The key is, the Twins' fanbase is exceptionally loyal so it masks that fact.

Kansas City on the other hand, is the very definition of small market. I don't think you can get any smaller, honestly. So they have no money to spend and have to invest heavily in their farm system. Wait til they trade Greinke (because they sure as hell won't be able to afford him). They'll cherry pick a ton of top tier prospects from someone and everyone in their rotation at the time will move up one spot with the fifth starter being a green rookie from Triple A.

Is it a better front office staff, better scouting, great management on the field? I am not sure, one thing that I do know is both are considered small-to medium market teams and one competes every year and the other does not.

Yes.

The Twins have a very good scouting and development department. The Royals, eh, not so much. Seems like the Royals deal in bulk while the Twins look for quality over quantity.

First off, the Twins are indeed a small market team. Ask Carl Pohlad. Minneapolis is not a large market. The key is, the Twins' fanbase is exceptionally loyal so it masks that fact.

Kansas City on the other hand, is the very definition of small market. I don't think you can get any smaller, honestly. So they have no money to spend and have to invest heavily in their farm system.

The thing I could never understand about Carl Pohlad, when he was alive, was if he was the richest owner in MLB (which I think he was at one time) why did he not invest more money into the Twins? I mean you have to spend money in order to make money right? How sick would some of those Twins teams have been if they would have paid money for one or two high ticket free agents? Instead he did not put any major amount of money back into that team.

Kansas City has always been a bit of a mystery to me. The Philadelphia A's moved there in the 1950's and they were every bit of a small market team that they are today. In fact the old joke was that the Yankees used to use them as their farm system (that is where Roger Maris came from.). The A's I guess did not make money so they moved to Oakland.

The Royals come along and they quickly become one of the most dominate teams in baseball from the mid-70's to the mid-80's. They must have had to spend some money to be such a great team, I mean the free agent era was in full swing by this time. After the 80's, the Royals became the worst team in the A.L. and maybe in all of baseball. What I do not understand is, why were they so good in the 70's-80's and willing to spend money on the team. However, by the 1990's they were not willing to spend any money on anybody. Why did that market dry up so quickly?

To both Afro and Rem:

Gardner vs Damon isn't even worth comparing, but because you guys want to I will.

OPS+ Career/Last Year

Damon: 105/124

Melky: 87/97

Brett: 78/91

With Gardner it's worth noting that he's never been a full-time player, but there is no reason to think he can hit like Damon. He has no power at all and pitchers refuse to walk him. No one is saying you need three Mannys in the outfield, but Melky and Brett aren't even average hitters. Having the two of them in the outfield would be a historically bad outfield for the Yankees. It would be good defensively you are right, but horrible offensively. Edit: The Yankees don't even have ONE outfielder in the league of a Manny Ramirez. Don't be silly and exaggerate my points that are statistically backed.

As for Pettitte, he is complaing right now about his shoulder again. If you read the papers you'll see it. He's talking about praying to God that his shoulder stays together so he can keep pitching. Pettitte is a slightly above average pitcher (era+107 last year) with the awesome ability to give you 200 innings pretty consistently which is an important skill. His value to the Yankees has been his willingness to take 1 year deals the last few years. I expect him to do the same again.

As for $4 million getting a quality pitcher, only an injured one. There aren't really many quality pitchers on the market this year, but Lackey is talking about AJ Burnett money (18 million a year). Look at the FA list and tell me a "quality" pitcher you think gets $4 million?

Rem, what does Moneyball have to do with Pettitte's veteran leadership/ :confused:

Edit: The Yankees don't even have ONE outfielder in the league of a Manny Ramirez. Don't be silly and exaggerate my points that are statistically backed.

Manny now, or recent-past Manny? Because as a Dodger fan, I have to say that it seems like Manny is a shell of his former self. Ethier's the best hitter on the team these days, IMO.

Manny now, or recent-past Manny? Because as a Dodger fan, I have to say that it seems like Manny is a shell of his former self. Ethier's the best hitter on the team these days, IMO.

Manny still put up a line of .290/.418/.531 for an ops of .949 (OPS+ of 149) That's pretty close to career average.

Ethier is definitely a good player, but Manny is still a better hitter.

No one in the Yankee outfield had an ops of 900, an OBP of 400, or a slugging percentage of 500. Manny outclasses the Yankee outfield by miles.

Manny still put up a line of .290/.418/.531 for an ops of .949 (OPS+ of 149) That's pretty close to career average.

Ethier is definitely a good player, but Manny is still a better hitter.

No one in the Yankee outfield had an ops of 900, an OBP of 400, or a slugging percentage of 500. Manny outclasses the Yankee outfield by miles.

After the all star break Manny hit .255 with ten home runs. Now remember most of his suspension was served before the break in May and June.

In Sept and Oct he batted .229 with 4 HR's.

On a side note I find it very interesting that David Ortiz is 34. Entering into the 08 season he had never had a season in Boston where he hit under .287 with 31 HR's.

In 08 he batted .264 and hit 23 HR's although he only played in a 109 games so the HR total isn't bad.

Although when you look at it that he hit 23 in a 109 games. In 2009 his average dropped to .238 with 28 HR's. In a 150 more AB's he managed five more HR's than the year before with a decline of nearly 30 point batting avg. Which is a decline of nearly 20 points off of his career average.

David is only 34 years old and should be reaching his prime. I won't even get into his Twins batting totals versus his Red Sox batting totals except for in his first two years with the Sox he saw his batting average increase by 25 points and his home run total nearly double.....those must have been some good supplements he got in Boston.

Rem, what does Moneyball have to do with Pettitte's veteran leadership/ :confused:

The basic tenets of Moneyball (or, more accurately, sabermetrics) preach the fact that the most often cited 'baseball stats' are myopic. They're archaic. They don't tell the whole story. Situational stats are more important and because they're devalued by 'the experts' as a whole, they don't tend to add to a player's market value. Terms like VoRP, EqA, and the like. For hitters, isn't 'average number of pitches per plate appearance' important (P/PA)? Tell me, who was the best hitting team in the 7th inning and later in close situations (tied or up or down 1 run)? Why, it's the same team that just had a parade thrown for them, with .293. Moneyball teaches that superior defense adds up to 12 wins a year to a team's total but doesn't come with the same level of cost. Going by the typical Moneyball points, Andy Pettite even given his injury history, provides great value for a team who can afford to keep him on their roster for those situations he's best suited for. Plus, his clubhouse effect cannot be measured (yet) but it's obviously there.

You value offense over defense. I get that. Personally, I think run prevention (via defense) and run production (via 'little ball' tactics like base stealing and baserunning) provide more consistency than waiting for big hits (home run or otherwise). As I said, I'm not advocating dumping Johnny Damon, unless you can get superior value instead. And again, you totally missed my Ramirez point. I wasn't talking about his bat. I was talking about his fielding. As for Gardner not drawing walks, that's true. But how old is he again? How many years has he been in the majors? Expecting a young player to be extremely selective and to 'work' the kinds of pitchers that exist today, is just a little unrealistic, in my view.

Either way, it doesn't really matter much. I know the Yankees are going to have a good amount of turnover in their roster. I know they're going to go out and get some young(er), promising players at the expense of some of their existing ones. I know they're going to make a splash by signing a big name free agent to further add to their Neo Murderer's Row or to shore up a rotation that's surprisingly weak at the back end for a world champion. Hell, Dontrelle Willis is available (via trade) and even with his issues last season, for a cheap price, he could be a value pick.

The basic tenets of Moneyball (or, more accurately, sabermetrics) preach the fact that the most often cited 'baseball stats' are myopic. They're archaic. They don't tell the whole story. Situational stats are more important and because they're devalued by 'the experts' as a whole, they don't tend to add to a player's market value. Terms like VoRP, EqA, and the like. For hitters, isn't 'average number of pitches per plate appearance' important (P/PA)? Tell me, who was the best hitting team in the 7th inning and later in close situations (tied or up or down 1 run)? Why, it's the same team that just had a parade thrown for them, with .293. Moneyball teaches that superior defense adds up to 12 wins a year to a team's total but doesn't come with the same level of cost. Going by the typical Moneyball points, Andy Pettite even given his injury history, provides great value for a team who can afford to keep him on their roster for those situations he's best suited for. Plus, his clubhouse effect cannot be measured (yet) but it's obviously there.

I understand Moneyball, but I still don't see a correlation between Moneyball and "veteran leadership" which is a quality that has ALWAYS been overvalued on the market. I don't disagree that Pettitte is valuable though. He is incredibly valuable. But his shoulder is fragile enough that he becomes a risk at 2 years.

You value offense over defense.

You way over simply my position. It is not a direct comparison. I value both offense and defense. My ideal is good defense/good offense. I want both sides to be as close to that as possible. If I have to choose between below average defense/good offense and good defense/terrible offense, I choose option 1 all day.

Personally, I think run prevention (via defense) and run production (via 'little ball' tactics like base stealing and baserunning) provide more consistency than waiting for big hits (home run or otherwise).

To this point, run prevention is very important. I'm all about improving the team defensively. That doesn't mean you have to become a light hitting club.

As I said, I'm not advocating dumping Johnny Damon, unless you can get superior value instead.

You didn't the other poster did. His ideal offseason was one in which we end with Melky and Brett Gardner both starting in the outfield. That is a bad outcome.

And again, you totally missed my Ramirez point. I wasn't talking about his bat. I was talking about his fielding.

Your post seemed to be mocking my comment about offense and implying I thought we needed superstars at all positions. If that's not what you meant, great.

As for Gardner not drawing walks, that's true. But how old is he again? How many years has he been in the majors? Expecting a young player to be extremely selective and to 'work' the kinds of pitchers that exist today, is just a little unrealistic, in my view.

He's going to be 26 next year. And it's not about expecting him to work counts. He is what he is. His whole minor league career was built on working counts, drawing walks and stealing bases. He was never a good "hitter" in the minor leagues. In the major leagues pitchers are throwing him strikes consistently because they know he can't beat them with his bat. I like Brett Gardner a lot and think he can be an effective major leaguer for the Yankees. I could see him being the starting CF next year. All I am arguing against is BOTH he and Melky being full time outfielders.

To both Afro and Rem:

Gardner vs Damon isn't even worth comparing, but because you guys want to I will.

OPS+ Career/Last Year

Damon: 105/124

Melky: 87/97

Brett: 78/91

With Gardner it's worth noting that he's never been a full-time player, but there is no reason to think he can hit like Damon. He has no power at all and pitchers refuse to walk him. No one is saying you need three Mannys in the outfield, but Melky and Brett aren't even average hitters. Having the two of them in the outfield would be a historically bad outfield for the Yankees. It would be good defensively you are right, but horrible offensively. Edit: The Yankees don't even have ONE outfielder in the league of a Manny Ramirez. Don't be silly and exaggerate my points that are statistically backed.

You don't need Ruth, DiMaggio, and Maris in the outfield. Not with the team that is currently assembled. Spending more money than you need to on something you already have in excess is foolish. If Manny went on the market today, signing him would be a downgrade. Sure, you get a bat but you lose everything and more defensively. And in a team that is already stacked offensively, all you really need are young guys with arms who can field in the outfield. Sure they won't hit too many homers in comparison to the rest of baseball (Except Swisher) but we're not measuring penis sizes here, we're trying to win games.

And offensively with Gardner, you get a young, scrappy hitter, with legs, who can bunt at any time. A pure small ball hitter that a Girardi era Yankees could benefit with. Remi think we shouldnt sack Damon, I think we should only in favor of Matsui, either way, this kid should get a great deal of starts on the field. There are more toold out there than just hitting homers.

As for Pettitte, he is complaing right now about his shoulder again. If you read the papers you'll see it. He's talking about praying to God that his shoulder stays together so he can keep pitching. Pettitte is a slightly above average pitcher (era+107 last year) with the awesome ability to give you 200 innings pretty consistently which is an important skill. His value to the Yankees has been his willingness to take 1 year deals the last few years. I expect him to do the same again.

He's still old reliable. I give him a one year deal with incentive (Because of his arm) and a second team option year for the same price.

As for $4 million getting a quality pitcher, only an injured one. There aren't really many quality pitchers on the market this year, but Lackey is talking about AJ Burnett money (18 million a year). Look at the FA list and tell me a "quality" pitcher you think gets $4 million? :

I'll repeat for a 3rd time, I'm NOT looking for an ace. Forget Lackey. Just forget him. The Yankees need someone in the back of the rotation. (When Wang returns we could be looking at the BEST staff in the game without Lackey. We just need someone to keep his seat warm in the meanwhile) Someone of the Mets era Steve Trachsel variety. (consistent six inning pitcher who will give up less than four runs a game) Having that for four million is attainable. And for a team that is nearly invinsible in tight games past the 6th, that's all you need.

Archived