Eminem

Hitman23

I also agree with whoever wrote Em seems to be losing it a bit. Revisit Stan and then you come along with We Made You and I just think ...what happened.

To be honest it's pretty clear "We Made You" wasn't a serious attempt at anything... some critics talk as if Eminem tried to go all out on Relapse and they constantly namedrop that single as a result of the "most he can do". It was nothing more than a parody-fest and Em taking shots at whoever - God forbid some rappers(or artists in general) can't take a bit of a back seat and just make an oddball track which people can simply shut up, sit down and enjoy to and acknowledge there's no real stuff going into it.

About Weezy, well.. way I see it, a lot of rappers claim themselves to be the "best rapper alive", for swagger/confidence/etc purposes. It's funny when Jay-Z threw a fit over Wayne coining the term, because way I see it there's about a dozen rappers out there doing the same. Only recent one in my memory is Chamillionaire. Maybe it depends though, I guess Wayne on the other hand took that moniker seriously and ran with the ball, with millions of sales behind him. Either way, it's indeed the hate of him being rated so high - I'd appreciate Weezy much more if he put in consistent effort. Or at least more than usual. It just seems now every time he drops a single or a verse, you have to play catch 22s or flip a coin to hope for something good.

I'm not saying We Made You was a serious song. It's clearly a whole satire/parody fest, even by watching the video on mute you know it's supposed to be 'comedic'. What I was saying it was a bad song, at least imo compared to some of the stuff Shady used to put out. Again, it's just me, but even for comedy songs Em has better stuff than that. If people are wanting to listen to something with 'nothing going on', just put on a Flo Rida track.

Well I know you're not saying that, but those people who compare it as if it was legitimate are annoying. And way I see it, those kind of tracks are really a "love or hate" thing. I liked it when it first came out, thought it served its purpose and everything, but now I don't really bump it. Indeed, I'd bump My Name Is over that so I do agree, IMMO he put out better. But it's not like Em should stop trying, or that Flo Rida(or whoever else) should be the only port(s) of call.

All cool man. Me and a few of my buddies were discussing rap and hip-hop in a class just the other day and we were just like "what is Flo Rida's appeal?" Either way I get where you're coming from about Shady. Back to the original point, I relistened to the song back on the link and still think Em absolutely killed it. With the exception of 3AM, I maybe liked that verse more than most of the stuff on his Relapse album, cause he owns it. The more I listen too it, the more the verses go up in order of quality.

Archived