Eminem

Hitman23

Before I heard the song, some people on the good ol' net were trying to say that Drake had a better verse than Eminem! Em easily had the best verse, but Drake's verse might even be the worst, not that it's a poor effort. Everyone was pretty solid lyrically. I am not a fan of Drake or Lil Wayne by the way. Used to be a huge Kanye fan until his most recent album with the auto-tune nonsense

Before I heard the song, some people on the good ol' net were trying to say that Drake had a better verse than Eminem! Em easily had the best verse, but Drake's verse might even be the worst, not that it's a poor effort. Everyone was pretty solid lyrically. I am not a fan of Drake or Lil Wayne by the way. Used to be a huge Kanye fan until his most recent album with the auto-tune nonsense

Agreed.

I'm a big fan of Kanye... however, this last album was a blatant try to make money versus anything else.

+1 for the Ferris Beullar reference. But yeah, I never would have listened to other guys otherwise so not surprising that Eminem dropped the hotter verse for me. This whole thing would have been better with Redman somewhere.

The first guy was alright. If he had decent beats I could stomach him, although his flow was pretty simple so dunno how long that would last.

To be honest, although M's verse is far and away better than any others on that track, it still wasn't close to his best. That verse couldn't touch anything on the MM LP for instance.

The other three guys, well I'm not a fan of any of them. Kanye is a good pop rap act, nothing more. I've never been a fan of weezy, going back to the Hot Boys days. As for Drake, I know he's the new hot thing, but I've yet to hear a verse in which I felt he's just ripped it. He's got a simple flow in everything I've heard him in, I don't know what they hype is about really.

Anyway, none of these guys (beside M of course) could touch someone the likes of say Elzhi for instance.

To be honest, although M's verse is far and away better than any others on that track, it still wasn't close to his best. That verse couldn't touch anything on the MM LP for instance.

The other three guys, well I'm not a fan of any of them. Kanye is a good pop rap act, nothing more. I've never been a fan of weezy, going back to the Hot Boys days. As for Drake, I know he's the new hot thing, but I've yet to hear a verse in which I felt he's just ripped it. He's got a simple flow in everything I've heard him in, I don't know what they hype is about really.

Anyway, none of these guys (beside M of course) could touch someone the likes of say Elzhi for instance.

IF Drake is the guy I'm thinking of, the thing that is unique is his cross-over style, although it is "Auto-Tune" most, if not all the time. His claim to fame is the rap and singing. Kind of like a Bobby Brown sort of thing, but modernized.

I'm not a fan of Auto-Tune though... IF auto-tune is to be completely excepted (as it seems to have been), what's the use in being a real singer... when you can't go off tune using a program, bassically.

ok this is the first time i seen the video and im not a big rap fan i really only like eminem and i.c.p. who barely does rap if u consider it rap. i have no clue where he disses mj in the song can anyone tell me? i actually have no clue who anyone of those guys r ive heard there names besides drake and im guessing hes the other white guy? he sounded great imo but eminem just owned them in the video he raps so fast and fluently i'd probably never listen to the song again though but eminem did the best. which one had the annoying voice i think he was wearing shades the whole time?

Propaganda bullcrap IMO. It just looks like some people like to tie anything they see or hear to Michael Jackson again. I know sometimes Eminem's level of care reaches the minus levels, but who in their right mind would take a shot at MJ?

Eminem had evidently the best verse, it's almost unanimous. And while I'm not a big fan of the three others(but have a few of their tracks except Drake, not a fan of at all) I think they all went hard on this track. Harder than usual, that is. Wayne had a decent verse for once('rollercoaster' line had me nodding), it just shows how inconsistent of a rapper he is. Some days he does good, but most days he's just annoying and raps cookie-cutter spits which leave you perplexed, and not the good kind of perplexed. Kanye moreso, these days he's really falling off, and I'm not even talking about the auto-tune fad. But again.. even he has his moments. However, I don't know if we'll ever see College Dropout-like content from Kanye ever again....

What I mostly do is separate the mainstream rappers from the underground ones and rate them accordingly. I never mesh them together because most of us know what's down with underground rappers and how raw some of them are. Comparing them with the superstars of today.. bah. We all know who got that. =P

+1 for the Ferris Beullar reference. But yeah, I never would have listened to other guys otherwise so not surprising that Eminem dropped the hotter verse for me. This whole thing would have been better with Redman somewhere.

The first guy was alright. If he had decent beats I could stomach him, although his flow was pretty simple so dunno how long that would last.

Referring to him as "the first guy" tells me that you don't know anything about him. It makes me smile that someone who doesn't know of Drake and probably has an unbiased opinion feels that his flow is simple. I tried so hard to like this kid, but he has nothing in terms of "greatness potential"! He's a solid lyricist, but nothing special. I could name quite a list of guys better than Drake

Dude, stop hitting the nail on the head so hard, that's kinda violent of you. That was a mediocre Em verse, and probably one of Drake's top 2 or 3 verses that I've heard and Em still slaughtered the guy. People like Drake because that's the "in" thing to do in rap right now, jump on Drake's bandwagon. The boy is solid, that's as far as I'll go. But he's nothing extraordinary, people are just reeeeaaaaching so far.

What I have noticed in my many years of being a hip hop fan is that when a person is the first to "make it big" from a particular region, they usually get pushed to the moon and end up gaining huge support from all over. If Drake was from Brooklyn, he would have never had enough fan base for us to be even speaking of this.

I actually loved Wayne back in the Hot Boy days, but he became the Most Overrated Rapper of All Time as a solo artist. Used to love Kanye as I stated before, but he became quite a pop diva.

Drake's lyrics aren't the best but his flow and delivery is what sets him apart he can ride the beat, and this is what a lot of rappers don't know how to do.

He articulates very well. And as far as riding the beat well, you're right. Being good at riding the beat is how 50 Cent tricked us into thinking he was a good rapper.

He articulates very well. And as far as riding the beat well, you're right. Being good at riding the beat is how 50 Cent tricked us into thinking he was a good rapper.

Never fooled me. Only 50 Cent track I liked was Schemes of Robbing, back before he had his slur goin' on. But I'm a cantankerous old man and really only enjoyed that for the lols, so who cares what I think.

i never really liked rap at all im more of a country fan. most of these guys have a lot of the same videos with great cars and hot women it just makes me not want to listen to it unless its eminem singing. only cd i ever got from eminem i didnt like was the re-up because of d-12 being in it they really suck and destroied the cd for me

Drake's lyrics aren't the best but his flow and delivery is what sets him apart he can ride the beat, and this is what a lot of rappers don't know how to do.

I think what your talking about might be more of the "singing" the beat thing.... Like old schooler's used to do. For example, Slick Rick was one of the least choppy out of the old school crowd. We used to call it "flowing". Something that's lacking alot, especially with these newer guys.

Well, he had the same person behind him as Eminem did... PLUSS, he had Eminem behind him as well. You can't really go wrong with a combination like that.

Never fooled me. Only 50 Cent track I liked was Schemes of Robbing, back before he had his slur goin' on. But I'm a cantankerous old man and really only enjoyed that for the lols, so who cares what I think.

I liked most of his hits... If it gets the dancefloor moving, I like it I guess. I like rappers that can flow. It irritates me some of the things I here that are rhymed together, that don't rhyme. Creating a totally different way to pronounce the word, just to make it fit. Seems very uncreative to me, lol.

What I like about alot of rapper's, is the fact that they write their own lyrics... Something hardly any other mainstream artists do these days. Almost everyone sings songs that someone else has written. I don't mind it at all, don't get me wrong. I just feel that a good bit of the appeal of Rap Artists is the fact that they are writting their own lyrics, and your really getting a look into them.... then say Whitney singing someone else's song (nothing against Whitney, I wish her well on her return).

What I think alot of rapper's get wrong though... is the timing when they can actually "brag". When they start trying to act as though their "Viewpoint" or their "Thoughts" are better then other's, or that they are themselves "Better" then someone else. The Anti Lil' Wayne stuff isn't coming his way because he is a "Bad" rapper (for example), but because he is being put out as "THE BEST RAPPER... EVER!" That's quite a job for any part of entertainment.... to be thought of as "The Best" of any particular era... This irritates me as well as alot of other's (at least by this thread anyways).

To say your the best "EVER" rapper... Just not one part of me can get behind it at all... My reaction when my son told me this, was "Well... I think he cries the best". Kind of like a Modern Day Huggie Bear crossed with Jimmy Walker "Dynomite!" Like a Minny-me version or something.

And Juvenile... I used to make fun of him all the time (but played the heck out of him, lol).

"I'm talking on the forums right now, huh

Typing stuff about the Hotboys, huh

I can rhyme anything I want with huh

what you want to talk about next, huh?"

I can't remember the other one, but it was just as bad, lol... but they were a smash on the dancefloor, so I learned to love them.

For the last few years I've always thought Em was losing his touch. His rhymes just weren't.... that good anymore. They didn't have the passion or emotion like The 8 Mile theme, the Raw anger of I am whatever you say I am. The deepness of Cleaning out my closet. He was truly one of a kind in an era where black guys rapped about how good their lives are, he is the one who raps about how bad it was. Now he's made a slight shift towards blah. I guess it's 50 cent who's rubbing off on him, or maybe he's run out of problems to rap about but I just don't feel it anymore.

I'll go over the other three as well.

Lil Wayne: Overrated.... just... overrated. He is the John Cena of the rap scene. How many "Best Rapper" lists does he have to top? I mean really, that is insulting... as someone who studies the genre as if their was an exam on it tomorrow, I find that horrendously insulting. He's okay at best. But are we forgetting the Jay Z's the Biggie Smalls? The Tupacs, Ice Cube?

Drake: I like him. Mostly because I used to watch Degrassi.... "Best I ever had" is an amazing song though, unfortunately he let Kanye direct the video who... well.... turned a great love song into a joke with flying breasts. Great way to spoil a debut Kanye, safe to say Beyonces video was better than that at least.

50 Cent: See Lil Wayne. I like a lot of his songs though. His early stuff mostly, His first album has to rank as one of the genres greats but he has a questionable way of marketing his records. He doesn't need to get in a rap war with a new rapper prior to all releases.

Aight aight.

Em killed it. Period. He's got that flow and just ran train on the track.

I never liked Kanye much, so I'm very biased against him. He IS a creative genius when it comes to lyrics. Ferris Buehller reference! I marked out.

Lil Wayne IS overrated but only mildly. I wouldn't put him on a "Best Rapper Ever" list, but I will go out of my way to hear the stuff he's done.

Drake needs to fulfill his destiny and become the next Nate Dogg AKA Hook man.

Oh, and the 50 song was "How To Rob". And yes, it was full of lulz.

Weezy is sick, and now just cause he sold a lot of records he's over-rated and horrible. He has some of the most creative and funniest metaphors and similies in rap currently, and he has a sense of humour about it. What I hate the most is an artist, in any genre, taking themselves just too seriously, but you never have that problem with Wayne. But then when he wants to get serious, well just hit up Tie My Hands or Something You Forgot etc., and he actually has message.

I will agree when I say that Em ran far and away with his part, and who is this Drake guy anyway, but Weezy is b to the a. Perhaps not the best ever, but he does his own thing and he knows how to go.

I also agree with whoever wrote Em seems to be losing it a bit. Revisit Stan and then you come along with We Made You and I just think ...what happened.

Weezy is sick, and now just cause he sold a lot of records he's over-rated and horrible. He has some of the most creative and funniest metaphors and similies in rap currently, and he has a sense of humour about it. What I hate the most is an artist, in any genre, taking themselves just too seriously, but you never have that problem with Wayne. But then when he wants to get serious, well just hit up Tie My Hands or Something You Forgot etc., and he actually has message.

I will agree when I say that Em ran far and away with his part, and who is this Drake guy anyway, but Weezy is b to the a. Perhaps not the best ever, but he does his own thing and he knows how to go.

I also agree with whoever wrote Em seems to be losing it a bit. Revisit Stan and then you come along with We Made You and I just think ...what happened.

Far as Eminem goes, I think he's been trying to get other artists to shine. He's actually written quite a bit for other people, alot more then I would have thought (for example).

Back on Weezy.... I like him. I don't think there is a "hate Lil' Wayne" thing going on. I think it's hate on the over-rating of him. As I said, it's not his fault that he keeps being put on these "Best Ever" lists... BUT the fact that he is, is a gross exageration. As Afroman said, it's like all the people before him doesn't matter when you state something like that. What is he the "Best Rapper" of? That's another thing that gets me.....

50 Cent: I think Nelly would be a better example of flowing or riding the beat. Everyone hates him now though, lol...

IF they would just say "Hottest Rapper out at the moment" it would be a totally different reaction (at least from me). I don't mind someone being the Hottest act out, the Hottest rapper at the moment, etc. Those are objective enough statements, that doesn't belittle anyone else's accomplishments.

There are so many "Other's" that he must be better then, to be the best.... Essentially, when they say "Best Ever" they are saying that Lil' Wayne is better then Dr. Dre, Ice Cube (NWA), Snoop Dogg, Eric B & Rakim, Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, Nas, Tupac, Boogie Down Productions, Biggie Smalls, Jay-Z, Slick Rick, GangStarr, people like A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul, Mob Deep, The Pharcyde, Scarface, Mos Def, Common, DMX, Slick Rick... Legends like Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC, Kurtis Blow, UTFO, Kool Moe D, LL Cool J, etc.

I could go on and on and on.... with a list that is nothing compared to "Lil' Wayne" when you say "Best Ever!"... And it angers me.

EDIT: And he hasn't sold more or had more hits then the majority of the artists I've named. So what exactly do they mean by "Best Ever"... The only thing I can think of is possibly making things rhyme that don't (by pronouncing it WRONG).

That track is called "how to Rob" with the Mad Rapper and its on his "guess who's back" album. Other "classics" from that album are Ghetto Quran, Be a Gentlemen. Lifes on the Line and Nobody likes me. Great album.

Archived