What's going on in your game?

So, because I still haven't gone and bought TEW 10, and am playing 08 still, I thought I might share.

It's December of 2002, in Genadi's 2001 mod, and I changed the start date of ROH to 2001, and took over. I've always taken a shine to CM Punk, and always sign him. Well, he's the second ROH Champion, and has held the ROH Unified World Championship since last years Bloody Christmas (December) event, where he defeated A.J. Styles for the title.

C.M. Punk's overness in the Tri State is 99.7 (A*), and has managed to unify the ECW, ROH, & AJPW Championships into the ROH Unified World Championship which is at 99.9% prestige.

I also unified the ECW, ROH & AJPW Tag Team Championships and had put them on The Briscoes, but they are no longer with the company, and the current holders are Christopher Daniels & Petey Williams.

The ECW Television Championship is now the ROH Championship, and is on Alexis Laree who has fought like hell to keep this title on her, and has only recently turned on C.M. Punk, Chris Hero, & Colt Cabana (The Second City Saints)

The AJPW Jr. Championship was just brought back in the form of the ROH Level One Championship and is currently held by Christian York.

The ROH Pure Championship is held by Elix Skipper who finally took the title from the hands of Samoa Joe, in a hard fought contest.

My roster is a veritable who's who of indy darlings, with some ECW/AJPW names who are on their way out due to contract expiry.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said in another post, I got hooked on TEW very late...like last week. I chose TEW 2008 to save money and get a good feel for the game because I'm definitely getting TEW 2013. Here's some stuff I tried out in several attempts to run the SWF. Never got past June 2008 as I'm still in the trial-and-error stage...

- I tried turning Squeeky McClean into a censor-type (a one-man version of Right to Censor) and left his gimmick as Straight Edge. Basically, his main feud was with Jack Giedroyc and Dawn the Cheerleader, as he objects to Dawn's "sexy post-match dancing." That unchained storyline ended at B-.

- Another B- storyline - Lobster Warrior tires of his "kids' gimmick" and slowly ditches the character en route to a heel turn, beating up his opponents after a win and changing his name to Chris Morris, which is sort of his "real" name. This was basically a customized version of the "losing streak" storyline with several steps skipped. (Lobby's frustration at his gimmick stemmed from a losing streak that lasted all of January.) Eric Eisen was the wrestler taunting Lobby, and at the time I scrapped that save game, Lobby and Eric were to join forces.

- I can't get my Angry Gilmore vs Joe Sexy split to go over after several tries. I dunno if it's because of Angry's early in-game injury (out the whole month of January), but both Angry and Joe's popularity often drops to C/D levels during the course of the feud, despite Joe's repeated botched interference and Angry's "A" grade in Entertainment.

- In one of those failed Angry/Joe feud storylines, I had Joe Sexy team up with Brett Biggz (as Bart Biggz's contract expired and I didn't re-sign him) and form a tag team predictably named "Biggz Sexy." That included Brett verbally abusing Jessie (and firing her) and Angry stepping in, yelling (as specified) "THAT'S MY WIFE, DAMMIT!", thus making the Angry/Jessie Gilmore marriage public knowledge for the first time in the C-Verse world.

- Jack Bruce is always set up for a heel turn in my games (during the first PPV), and he forms a stable with Brandon James and Vengeance, sort of a super-heel stable. This always starts out well, but with Christian Faith and Steve Frehley being my top faces, things often get flat around March '08. I signed Sean McFly one time (yay!) and he emerged as a surprise championship contender, always getting an A/A* in his matches and winning the World Championship from the "evil" Jack Bruce. Unfortunately that too turned flat over time.

Any feedback would be much appreciated by this TEW newbie! :)

Archived