Tna: Hulkamania

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/JOSHG85/TNAHULKAMANIA.jpg

“Hulkamania” is back! The biggest name in professional wrestling history, Hulk Hogan, is joining Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling (TNA), the fastest rising wrestling organization in the world and home to one of cable television’s highest rated shows for young men, TNA iMPACT! The announcement was made today by TNA Wrestling in conjunction with Spike TV at a press conference held in New York City.

“Hulk Hogan is one of the world’s top pop culture icons and the biggest superstar in the history of professional wrestling. We are truly excited to welcome him into the TNA family,” said Dixie Carter, President of TNA Wrestling. “Our goal is to become the world’s biggest professional wrestling company. Hulk defines professional wrestling and we look forward to partnering with him in a variety of ways as we continue to grow TNA globally.”

“I’m thrilled to be jumping back into the world of professional wrestling,” said Hogan. “My fans have been asking me to return to the business for many years on a full time basis, but the timing or the opportunity has never been right until now. TNA Wrestling is a great company with an already excellent fan base, business and broadcast partner. I firmly believe now is the time for some change at TNA as they are positioned to jump to the next level in their development and I’m here to work with Dixie to help make that a reality.”

Through Hogan’s partnership with Bischoff Hervey Entertainment Television, the deal with TNA was negotiated by longtime Hogan colleague Eric Bischoff. Additionally, BHE TV has inked a first-look deal with TNA and will be working with the organization to develop new programming extensions of the TNA brand.

“Hulk Hogan adds yet another level of star power that positions TNA iMPACT as Spike TV’s version of ‘Must-See TV’ on Thursday nights,” said Kevin Kay, president of Spike.

Hogan most recently penned an autobiography with Mark Dagostino, “My Life Outside The Ring” with St. Martin’s Press.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/JOSHG85/hh4.jpg

October 27th, 2009

Today started like any other day. I slept in, got up around lunch and began to look for work. Things have been a bit slow as of late with the economy and all there wasn't much of a place for freelance video editors these days. Little did I know that this was the beginning of events that would change my life forever...

2pm

*RING! RING! RING!*

Joshua Gaines - Hello!

Micah Gaines - Dude! What's up brother!

Joshua Gaines - Hey Micah what's going on?

Micah Gaines - I'm marking out like a five year old right now!

Joshua Gaines - What's going on?

Micah Gaines - Go to TNA's website.

As I logged on I was shocked at what I saw

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/JOSHG85/HOGANINTNA.jpg

Joshua Gaines - WOW! This is possibly the biggest news in wrestling that I have seen in a LONG time.

Micah Gaines - It's sick isn't it?!??!?

Joshua Gaines - It's wild to say the least.

Micah Gaines - I can't wait to see iMPACT this week!

Joshua Gaines - You want to come over and we can watch it together?

Micah Gaines - Sounds awesome, do you want me to bring anything.

Joshua Gaines - Yeah bring some wings from Mulligan's.

Micah Gaines - Cool...I'll see you on Thursday.

Joshua Gaines - See you then....BROTHER!!!

I was happy for Hogan and for Bischoff/Hervey entertainment. One of the last gigs I had was editing Hulk Hogan's Celebrity wrestling on CMT........yeah I know......it was a horrible show. It was a cool gig though growing up a wrestling fan and a HUGE Hogan fan it was cool to get to rub elbows with him. Surprisingly I actually got closer with Eric Bischoff through the process than "The Immortal One". Bischoff and I would sit in the editing room and talk wrestling all the time. Often we would be in there for hours throwing ideas back and forth. I still get the occasional email from him about different possible projects that he may have for me to work on. This makes me really happy for Eric...hopefully him and "Hollywood" can get TNA back on track.

OCTOBER 29th, 2009

5pm

I've been waiting since Tuesday for tonight...the night Hulk Hogan comes to TNA!

*RING! RING! RING!*

Joshua Gaines: Hello!

Eric Bischoff: Joshua!

Joshua Gaines: Mr. Bischoff?!?!?

Eric Bischoff: Yes, hey man how are you doing?

Joshua Gaines: I'm doing well...things are a bit slow, but I'm making it.

Eric Bischoff: That's great! Hey have you heard the latest news about Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment?

Joshua Gaines: Actually I did! I've got my brother and some friends coming over to watch the show tonight...can't wait to see what you guys do!

Eric Bischoff: Well....we didn't have much to do with the show tonight, it was already filmed before we signed. Next week things will experience some changes though.

Joshua Gaines: I'm glad you've thrown you're hat back into the wrestling business. You still have some great ideas Sir.

Eric Bischoff: Yeah about that, you said you're slow right now as far as work goes?

Joshua Gaines: Yes sir.

Eric Bischoff: How would you like a job with TNA Wrestling?

Joshua Gaines: WOW! Edit for TNA....that would be a DREAM JOB!

Eric Bischoff: No, not editing?

Joshua Gaines: .......what do you want me to do then?

Eric Bischoff: Look, you've got some great ideas and I'm always looking for great idea men to help me out. I want you to come on as part of the creative team with Terry, me and a few others.

Joshua Gaines: Sir, with all due respect, I have absolutley no experience in creative or booking.

Eric Bischoff: I realize that..... but you have potential and an imagination. Everything won't be up to you, you'll be a part of a team that will put together the shows and some of your ideas are really good. Look, why don't you just come try it out for a month and see how it goes.

Joshua Gaines: Sir, this is an honor to even be considered.

Eric Bischoff: Just say yes, and give it a shot.

Joshua Gaines: What do I need to do?

Eric Bischoff: GREAT! Watch iMPACT tonight, have fun! In the morning catch a flight to Orlando and we'll begin working immediately. We have some planning to do!

Joshua Gaines: Okay Mr. Bischoff...I'll see you tomorrow.

Eric Bischoff: We'll see you then.

I can't believe it. Did I just bite off more than I can chew? I'm going to be part of the booking team for TNA. This is mind boggling...I will get to work hands on with the sport that I love....and I though working on Hulk Hogan's CCW was awesome. Just wait till my brother and friends heart this...TNA HERE I COME!!!

October 30th, 2009

Early this morning I hopped on a flight from Tallahasse to Orlando...a quick flight but one that seemed to take forever. The entire flight I just kept jotting down ideas of what TNA could do. I was excited about several ideas and some ideas on where to go with the current direction of the company.

I landed in Orlando and was picked up by none other than Jimmy Hart.

Jimmy Hart: GAINES! It's good to see you again baby! Hulkster and Easy E are so excited about you being part of the new TNA!

*So I guess Jimmy is involved as well...Jimmy is a good guy that I got to know a little bit during the filming of CCW*

Joshua Gaines: Hey Jimmy, it's good to see you as well. So if I can ask why are we meeting here and not in Nashville?

Jimmy Hart: I'm sure Hulk and Eric can explain more, but they want to meet in the iMPACT Zone with all of the new creative team and go ahead and begin to lay out the future for the company.

Joshua Gaines: Sounds great!

Jimmy Hart: Hop in baby! We're going to Universal!

*After a quick ride to the park we arrived at Soundstage 21...better known at The iMPACT Zone! Inside we met up with Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, Jeremy Borash, Mike Tenay, Scott D'Amore, Simon Diamond and Taz. We all took our seats at a table that was set up in the middle of the ring in the iMPACT Zone and the meeting began*

Eric Bischoff: Welcome to each and everyone of you, our new booking team. As you will probably realize Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara are not here. They opted out of their contracts whenever Terry and I came on board. We are honored to have at this table men from several different backgrounds. I've been an executive in wrestling as well as an announcer, Jeremy Borash is one of the most entertaining men in the business, Mike Tenay "The Professor" is one of the most knowledgable men in the game ever, Pat Kenney better known as Simon Diamond and Taz were involved with a revolution in ECW, Joshua Gaines brings an eye for TV as well as some fresh ideas and of course we have the "LEGENDARY" HULK HOGAN!

*I honestly could not believe I was sitting with these guys*

Eric Bischoff: Hulk, would you like to add anything?

Hulk Hogan: Guys, let me tell you something. Two months ago I would have never thought that Eric and I would be in this position. Something happened one day though and I just woke up and wanted to be in mainstream wrestling again. I don't know if it was prepping for Australia or what it was, but I'm back and I'm going to be back in a BIG way. Vince McMahon doesn't think the "Hulk Hogan brand" is worth anything.....well we'll show him. We're going to make TNA the number one wrestling organization in the world. The talent here is incredible from the veterans like Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, Sting, Scott Steiner, Mick Foley and Team 3D to wrestling's now generation, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Beer Money and The X Division. A year from now Vince isn't going to know what hit him!

Eric Bischoff: With that said I want to make everyone aware of a few things. First of all November will be our last month in this place. We have to spend money to make money. After November no more iMPACT Zone! We will be traveling and getting our faces out all over the country. Second beginning this week we are going on Spike TV LIVE! No more tape delay. It didn't work for WWF or WCW and it's not going to work for TNA. We need the element of surprise.

*I love these changes they are making already. Hulk and Bischoff both seem humble and willing to help the young guys....I guess only time will tell. After the meeting we ate at Emeril's restaurant at City Walk and then took in Halloween Horror Nights at Universal...maybe we shouldn't leave here? IMPACT HERE WE COME!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/JOSHG85/IMPACT.jpg

On an all-new TNA iMPACT!

IMPACT IS LIVE!!!!!!

This week we will hear from Mick Foley, why did he rescue Abyss? Does he have it out for Dr. Stevie? Has he found respect for "The Monster"

Plus in our Main Event, Daniels prepares for his shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Title at Turning Point by facing off against former World Champion, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner. One has to think that Bobby Lashley will be keeping his eyes on this match.

Last week Chris Sabin went down with an injury at the hands of Brother Ray. Though it was an accident, Alex Shelley has promised retribution when he faces Ray this week!

We understand that Jeremy Borash will have an update on the condition of AJ Styles. Who has been attacking him in recent weeks and will he be able to compete at Turning Point.

Kurt Angle will be on hand at iMPACT and will personally update us on the status of his neck and rumors are swirling that Angle is not in good condition!

The X Division Title will be on the line this week when champion The Amazing Red takes on Kiyoshi of World Elite.

All this plus Beer Money, Homicide, TNA Global Champion Eric Young and Awesome Kong this Thursday on SPIKE TV!

Looks great, looking forward to your diary and Togg's continuation, it will be an interesting contrast. I was surprised that you opted for no Vince Russo though, as I would really like to be a fly on the wall when Hogan and Russo worked together knowing what they want through at Bash at the Beach.

I do like the backstory, because it makes sense. Too often backstories like that are miracle calls out of the blue, but here your character had a good relationship with Bischoff. I also liked the fact you mentioned the Australian part if for the selfish reason that I will be seeing Hulk take on Flair down here in Sydney very soon ;-) Can't wait.

Niiiice.

Looks great, looking forward to your diary and Togg's continuation, it will be an interesting contrast. I was surprised that you opted for no Vince Russo though, as I would really like to be a fly on the wall when Hogan and Russo worked together knowing what they want through at Bash at the Beach.

I do like the backstory, because it makes sense. Too often backstories like that are miracle calls out of the blue, but here your character had a good relationship with Bischoff. I also liked the fact you mentioned the Australian part if for the selfish reason that I will be seeing Hulk take on Flair down here in Sydney very soon ;-) Can't wait.

Niiiice.

Hey what about me! What about Rave...... I mean me!;)

IMPACT QUICK PICKS

Jay Lethal vs. Homicide

Awesome Kong vs. Hamada

Desmond Wolfe vs. Shark Boy

X Division Title

The Amazing Red © vs. Kiyoshi

Beer Money Inc. vs. Eric Young and Sheik Abdul Bashir

Alex Shelley vs. Brother Ray

Daniels vs. Scott Steiner

I'll be running a predictions contest where the person with the most correct predictions after the month's pay-per-view will get some sort of prize...this month will be selecting an IMPACT main event!

Jay Lethal vs. Homicide

Awesome Kong vs. Hamada

X Division Title

Jay Lethal vs. Homicide

Awesome Kong vs. Hamada

X Division Title

Alex Shelley vs. Brother Ray - I love MCMG, and maybe them winning spurs BR and BD to go after the MCMG bigger and badder

Daniels vs. Scott Steiner - I think it'd be logical for Daniels to go over, probably Lashley to get involved

Alright I'm looking forward to this one:

Jay Lethal vs. Homicide

Lethal was yesterday's main X-division guy, now its Homicide's turn.

Awesome Kong vs. Hamada

Is this even a question to ask?

This guy is someone to look up to as a good main eventer. If he ain't feuding with Angle then I suppose he should be on a good smooth hard hitting run.

X Division Title

Beer Money has this one.

If you are going with the same thing TNA is doing in reality then Shelly has this while Bubba gets screwed.

Screw Steiner, Daniels should be on the main event!!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/JOSHG85/IMPACT.jpg

\<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWjyFJoP3wY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWjyFJoP3wY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TIME: 3 Minutes

RATING: B+

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

<div><object width="480" height="275"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x7bqan&related=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x7bqan&related=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="275" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7bqan_tna-hd-intro_sport">TNA HD Intro</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/TNAHARDCORE">TNAHARDCORE</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/sport">Discover the latest sports and extreme videos.</a></i></div>

*The pyro goes off as the camera pans the arena and shows the fans going crazy*

Mike Tenay: Welcome everyone to TNA iMPACT! I'm Mike Tenay and sitting beside me is my broadcast partner, Taz. Taz, we have quite a show tonight!

Taz: We certainly have an awesome main event. Tonight, Daniels will take on "The Big Bad Booty Daddy, Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner!

Mike Tenay: You know that Bobby Lashley will be watching that one!

Taz: He certainly will as will Samoa Joe and AJ Styles!

Mike Tenay: Speaking of AJ Styles, tonight we will hear from AJ after he's been attacked from behind two weeks in a row. What kind of condition is AJ in as we head towards Turning Point?

Taz: Also Kurt Angle is here and we will hear from him and find out what his condition is after being laid out by Desmond Wolfe last week!

Mike Tenay: HULK HOGAN is in TNA!

Taz: Oh boy!

Mike Tenay: Tonight we find out when the man most synonymous with professional wrestling will make his TNA debut!

Taz: Plus we have Alex Shelley, Brother Ray, Homicide, TNA Global Champion Eric Young, Awesome Kong and The Amazing Red defending the TNA X Division Title!

Mike Tenay: Buckle your seatbelts folks you are in for a ride tonight!

Time: 3:00

Rating: B-

------------------------------------------------------------

“The Notorious 187” Homicide vs. “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal

- Homicide will be challenging for the X Division Title at Turning Point

- Jay Lethal is trying to get his career back on track and looks to start tonight

- “The Notorious 187” starts with a flurry of offense

- These two guys started the match fast and never really slowed down

- Lethal took control about halfway through the match

- “Black Machismo” looked for the Lethal Combination but it was reversed….

- GRINGO KILLER!!!

- 1…2…3!

Mike Tenay: A big win for Homicide!

Taz: In a little over a week he will be contending for the X Division Title. If he wrestles like he did tonight…we’ll be looking at a new champ!

Winner: Homicide

Time: 8:28 Match Time ~ 10:00 Total Time

Rating: C

*We cut backstage where Lauren is standing with Matt Morgan*

Lauren: I’m here with “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan. Matt, at Bound for Glory you went head-to-head with Kurt Angle and gave him everything he could handle. The last two weeks we haven’t seen much of you, where do you plan to go from here?

Matt Morgan: Yeah, at Bound for Glory I did give Kurt everything he could handle…and then some. Kurt, know that eventually we will meet again, and the outcome…it will be different. As for my immediate future, at Turning Point I’m issuing an open challenge. I am “The DNA of TNA” and I can handle anyone in TNA so this goes out to everyone in the TNA locker room. If you think you can take Matt Morgan…I’ll see you at Turning Point!

Rating: C-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6SzXPhWhY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6SzXPhWhY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mike Tenay: Here comes “The Hardcore Legend” who last week saved his rival Abyss from a beat down at the hands of Dr. Stevie.

Taz: Hopefully Mick will clear up what’s going on.

Crowd: FOLEY! FOLEY! FOLEY! FOLEY!

*Foley takes in the cheers and even does his “BANG! BANG!” motion at the crowd*

Mick Foley: Thank you for that amazing ovation everyone. Last week I shocked some people when I saved a man that I had a war with only two weeks before. The answer is simple…RESPECT!

*The crowd cheers in response to Foley*

Mick Foley: You see one thing I gained for Abyss at Bound for Glory in The Monster’s Ball is respect. I threw everything I had at Abyss, including Dr. Stevie, yet he still found a way to beat me… “The Hardcore Legend”. That defeat has caused me to realize something…I am not the man I once was.

Crowd: BOO!

Mick Foley: I’m not…it’s the unfortunate truth. I may be “The Hardcore Legend”, but I am not “The King of Hardcore” that title belongs to Abyss! Abyss is “The King of Hardcore”. He’s competed with the likes of Team 3D, Spike, Rhino, Sabu, Jeff Hardy, Raven, and….me. This man much like me will put his body through anything to satisfy you…the fans!

*The crowd cheers wildly*

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mike Tenay: What is he doing here?

Taz: Give him a chance to talk and we may find out.

*Stevie gets in the ring as the crowd boos*

Dr. Stevie: Mick are you really saying that this guy, Chris Parks, is the “King of Hardcore”?

*Mick nods his head*

Dr. Stevie: Chris is not what you say he is…he’s a sick man. A man who must be healed, be any means necessary, and anyone who stands in my way…well…I’ll have to deal with!

*Dr. Stevie blindsides Mick Foley with a super kick and then begins to beat down on him*

Mike Tenay: That kick totally caught Mick Foley by surprise!

*Dr. Stevie has a chair and is about to nail Foley with it*

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

*Abyss runs out with a barbed wire bat and runs off Dr. Stevie*

Mike Tenay: Last week Mick Foley saved Abyss, this week he repaid the favor!

Taz: I believe the proverbial hardcore torch has been passed!

PROMO

Time: 4:00

Rating: B+

ATTACK AND SAVE

Time: 2:00

*We cut backstage to Lauren who is with Alex Shelley*

Lauren: Alex Shelley, at Turning Point you and your partner Chris Sabin get a shot at the TNA World Tag Team Titles…

*Shelley interrupts*

Alex Shelley: Lauren tonight that is the last thing on my mind! Last week my tag team partner and best friend was hurt by Team 3D. Brother Ray, you think that you are it. You think that you and Devon are still the best thing going today. Guess what Ray, it’s not 1998, you’re not the best thing going and you’re just a fat piece of trash.

*Shelley walks off in a rage*

Lauren: That is the most focused I’ve ever seen Alex Shelley. Don’t forget, still to come is Alex Shelley facing off against Brother Ray! Let’s go to the ring!

Awesome Kong vs. Hamada

- Kong will face Tara one on one at Turning Point

- Hamada is still relatively new to TNA but has a couple of big wins

- Kong remains a dominate force even though Hamada manages to get more offense than most

- IMPLANT BUSTER!

- 1…2…3!

Winner: Awesome Kong

Time: 4:25 Match Time ~ 6:00 Total Time

Rating: C-

*Jeremy Borash is backstage with Desmond Wolfe*

Jeremy Borash: I’m standing here with Desmond Wolfe, Desmond last week you may have ended the career of Kurt Angle.

Desmond Wolfe: ………..and

Jeremy Borash: I don’t think you understand you may have ended the career of one of TNA’s top stars.

Desmond Wolfe: That wanker deserved it. He walked around this place like he owned it and has for too long laid claim to a title that doesn’t belong to him. Kurt Angle says he’s “The Wrestling Machine”, Angle is nothing more than a wannabe who couldn’t even defeat an Iranian to win the gold medal in Atlanta. If you want to see a true athlete look no further than me, Wolfe, Desmond Wolfe. The past two weeks I have destroyed Kurt Angle and tonight what does TNA give me…a bloody shark! Shark Boy tonight you will see why Desmond Wolfe is the best athlete in wrestling when I destroy you! After I take care of the little shark…Angle I’m going to end your career and make sure that you never step foot in a ring again.

Jeremy Borash: That match is next…Desmond Wolfe takes on TNA veteran, Shark Boy.

*The cameras show a door with a name on it…KURT ANGLE*

Crowd: *HUGE POP*

*The door opens to reveal Angle hobbling in a neck brace*

Mike Tenay: Oh my God.

Taz: Wow…Angle looks really rough.

Mike Tenay: Here you see the handiwork of Desmond Wolfe.

Taz: And he did that with a completely legal clothesline.

Mike Tenay: Kurt Angle is coming out to join us on commentary, it should be interesting to hear his thoughts.

Rating: B

- Wolfe has destroyed Angle the past two weeks

- Shark Boy…well he’s Shark Boy

- What did you expect in this one

- On commentary Angle says that he doesn’t know if he’ll ever wrestle again

- Wolfe continually points to Angle during the match as if to signify “You’re next”

- Angle seemed nervous throughout the match

- JAWBREAKER LARIAT

- 1…2…3!!!

Winner: Desmond Wolfe

Time: 2:35 Match Time ~ 5:00 Total Time

Mike Tenay: A win for Desmond Wolfe

Taz: Were you expecting anything else?

Kurt Angle: Taz if he comes over here you may have to keep him away from me.

Taz: Kurt, I respect you and all, but there is no way I am going to tangle with Wolfe.

*Desmond Wolfe points to Angle*

Desmond Wolfe: (yelling in the ring) NOW I FINISH YOU!

Mike Tenay: I think we all heard that…

Taz: oh no………….

*Wolfe heads to the outside of the ring*

Mike Tenay: This is going to get ugly…

*Angle stands up and yanks off his neck brace*

Mike Tenay: OH MY GOD!

*Angle charges the ring and attacks Wolfe*

Taz: Angle has been playing us the whole time!

*Angle begins to exchange punches with Wolfe…Angle gets the upper hand but Wolfe escapes before Angle can get The Angle Slam*

Mike Tenay: Wolfe just escapes The Angle Slam!

Taz: I think Kurt is calling for a microphone!

Kurt Angle: Wolfe you son of a *****!

Crowd: ANGLE! ANGLE! ANGLE!

Kurt Angle: You though you could take me out. ME! I won a gold medal with a broken freaking neck! I’ve beaten the best wrestlers in the world! I’ve beaten The Rock, Stone Cold, AJ Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Abyss, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair and even our newest signing….HULK HOGAN!

Crowd: HOGAN! HOGAN! HOGAN!

Kurt Angle: What have you done…you beat me up a couple of times, but you haven’t beat me!

Crowd: ANGLE! ANGLE! ANGLE!

Kurt Angle: But I’ve got an offer for you…at Turning Point…you and me…one-on-one…there MUST be a winner!

*Desmond Wolfe nods on the ramp in acceptance*

Kurt Angle: GOOD! Wolfe these past two weeks you tried to break my neck…at Turning Point….I’m going to break your freaking ankle…its REAL! IT’S DAMN REAL!!!

Mike Tenay: It’s official!

Taz: Desmond Wolfe will take on Kurt Angle at Turning Point!

Mike Tenay: That match should be amazing!

*Angle continues to pose for the fans, Mike Tenay and Taz talk about the match and Wolfe watches Angle from the top of the ramp*

ATTACK

Rating: C+

PROMO

Total Time: 7:00

*Lauren is backstage with Don West and The Amazing Red*

Lauren: Don, tonight your client, The Amazing Red defends his X Division Title.

Don West: That’s right Lauren! The Amazing Red is….well…HE’S AMAZING! THER IS NO ONE BETTER IN THE WORLD TODAY AND TONIGHT HE’S GOING TO CONTINUE TO SHOW EVERYONE WHY HE’S THE BEST! KIYOSHI TONIGHT YOU FIND OUT HOW IT FEELS TO FALL VICTIM TO RED! AT TURNING POINT…well Homicide you looked good earlier tonight…BUT YOU WEREN’T FACING RED!!! HE’S SIMPLY AMAZING!!! AND YOU WILL FIND OUT HOMICIDE THAT YOU CAN’T STOP AMAZING!!!!

*Red and West high-five and West looks like he’s about to have a heart attack*

Rating: D

X Division Title

The Amazing Red © w/Don West vs. Kiyoshi

- Amazing Red will face Homicide at Turning Point with the X Title on the line

- Kiyoshi is a member of World Elite…but a bottom rung member

- During the match Don West appears to be marking out at every simple move

- Kiyoshi goes up top Red meets him….

- CODE RED from the top rope

- 1…2…3!!!

Mike Tenay: A huge win for The Amazing Red on the road to Turning Point!

Winner: The Amazing Red

Time: 8:49 Match Time ~ 11:00 Total Time

Rating: D+

*A video recapping the alliance/feud between Kevin Nash and Eric Young and Eric Young renaming The Legends Title to The Global Title*

Beer Money Incorporated vs. World Elite (Eric Young and Sheik Abdul Bashir)

- Beer Money Inc. are former TNA Tag Champs looking to climb back up the tag ranks

- Eric Young is the current TNA Global Champion

- Bashir…well…he’s Bashir

- A really average back and forth match that followed the normal tag formula

- at 10 minutes Nash’s music hit which distracted Eric Young long enough for the

- DWI on Eric Young!

- 1…2…3!!!

Mike Tenay: Kevin Nash is obviously in the head of Eric Young.

Taz: Nash isn’t even here tonight, but he still cost Eric Young a match.

Winners: Beer Money Incorporated

Time: 10:51 Match Time ~ 13:00 Total Time

*Jeremy Borash is backstage with Daniels*

Jeremy Borash: Daniels tonight you have a match with Scott Steiner, what are your feelings headed into this match?

Daniels: Scott is a great competitor and a legend in wrestling, however his time is ending and my time is just beginning to dawn.

Jeremy Borash: Looking ahead, at Turning Point it’s going to be a rematch from Unbreakable 2005, you, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles, but this time it’s for The TNA World Title.

Daniels: In 2005, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and I set the wrestling world on fire and brought tons of fans to a little promotion called TNA when we put on one of the best performances of all-time. Today not much has changed…

*Joe walks in*

Samoa Joe: But everything has changed.

Jeremy Borash: Samoa Joe what are you doing here?!!?!?

Samoa Joe: You see Daniels, you and AJ were best friends, but what have you gained from your friendship? You two were World Tag Team Champs and if you ask me you were the strong point of that team, but you were fired and AJ went on without so much as even trying to get you back in TNA. Daniels you were forgotten about. I tried to get you hired back, but it didn’t work out. You see AJ is TNA’s golden boy…we are simply nothing to them. The fans don’t care, TNA doesn’t care and AJ certainly doesn’t care. At Turning Point the deck will be stacked against us and the only way for us to win is to team up and take down AJ…put him out…and then it can be you and me one-on-one for the TNA World Heavyweight Title…think about it Daniels…think about it……….

*Joe leaves and Daniels is left thinking to himself*

*Lauren is backstage with Team 3D*

Lauren: Last week Chris Sabin was injured in a match that he had with you Team 3D, this week Brother Ray, you take on his partner, Alex Shelley.

Brother Ray: It was an accident. I did not intentionally hurt Chris Sabin, but now his partner Alex Shelley wants to cry like a baby…Alex its professional wrestling. If Sabin doesn’t want to get hurt then maybe he should work as a waiter and not a professional wrestler. Alex its people like you that make me think that maybe Rhino has a point. Maybe you guys are punks who don’t deserve a shot…but maybe you’re just green and don’t understand that…WE’RE TEAM 3D!!! THE BEST TEAM IN THIS BUSINESS!!! YOU’RE JUST SOME KID WHO WISHES HE COULD BE US!!!

Brother Devon: OH MY BROTHER…TESTIFY!!!

Alex Shelley vs. Brother Ray w/Brother Devon

- Shelley will team with Chris Sabin to face British Invasion at Turning Point

- Team 3D have shown some building animosity as of late

- Shelley looks more vicious than ever in this match

- Ray is taken off guard by the aggressiveness of Shelley

- Ray hits THE BUBBA BOMB!!!

- 1…2…KICKOUT!

- Shelley rolls Ray up……he’s got his tights

- 1…2……….3!!!

Mike Tenay: Wow…Shelley wins!

Taz: This is a big upset.

Mike Tenay: He had his tights though…

Taz: I didn’t see anything.

*Team 3D look ticked in the ring as Shelley goes to the back*

Winner: Alex Shelley

Time: 7:59 Match Time ~ 10:00 Total Time

*We cut to a pre-recorded interview with AJ Styles and Mike Tenay. They covered a variety of topics those of interest are…*

Mike Tenay: AJ as of late you’ve been attacked by a mystery assailant. Do you have any idea who could be out to get you?

AJ Styles: Mike I’ve made a lot of enemies over the years. On top of that I am the most marked man in wrestling today. I am the TNA World Champion…I hold the most prestigious title in wrestling. Anyone and everyone wants a shot at me…who knows. Let me tell you this though Mike, when I find out who it is…they are going to regret the day they ever crossed AJ Styles.

Mike Tenay: At Turning Point you will face-off against Samoa Joe and Daniels in a re-match from Unbreakable 2005, but this time it’s for your TNA World Title.

AJ Styles: I have the utmost of respect for Samoa Joe and Daniels. The Unbreakable 3-Way was possibly the best match I have ever been a part of and I believe at Turning Point we will surpass our past matches.

Mike Tenay: So who do you think will win?

AJ Style: (laughing) Me of course!

*Mike also talked to AJ about his past in TNA and where he saw himself headed in the future*

Time: 6:00

Rating: A

*Jeremy Borash is backstage with Scott Steiner*

Jeremy Borash: Tonight you face off agains…

*Steiner grabs the microphone*

Scott Steiner: Hey Bobby Lashley! Your wife and I had a good time last night. She found out why they call me “The Big Bad Booty Daddy”. They call you “The Boss”…last night she called me THE BOSS! Kristal welcome to my freak stable! At Turning Point you’ll see why she’s one of my freaks Bobby! I’m going to put you in The Recliner and make you scream just like I made your wife scream last night…

*Steiner walks off in a hurry*

Jeremy Borash: Well we have no idea how Scott Steiner feels about his match against Daniels, but if Bobby Lashley was watching he can’t be happy.

Rating: C+

Daniels vs. “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner

- Daniels will compete for the TNA World Title at Turning Point

- Scott Steiner will face Bobby Lashley at Turning Point

- A classic big man/little man match

- Daniels spent the entire match trying to use his speed to his advantage

- Steiner attempted to ground Daniels

- Steiner used his won high risk move when he hit The Franken Steiner on Daniels

- Bobby Lashley walked onto the ramp and caught the eye of Scotty

- Scott Steiner began jawing at Lashley from the ring

- Daniels recovers

- LAST RITES!

- 1…2…3!!!

Mike Tenay: A huge win for Daniels!

Taz: And the feud between Lashley and Scott Steiner is sure to heat up after this…he cost him the match!

Winner: The Fallen Angel via Lashley distraction

Time: 10:40 Match Time ~ 13:00 Total Time

Rating: A

*A video plays hyping the fact that Hulk Hogan will be LIVE IN THE IMPACT ZONE AT TURNING POINT!!!!!*

OVERALL RATING: B-

TV RATING: 2.23

Archived