APWF: War Diaries (C'Verse '75)

Guest cmdrsam

George DeColt vs. Marcus McKing

New Yorks Finest (Terry Lambert and The Brooklyn Punk) vs. [Crippler Ray

Kingman and Edmond Jackson

The Moustache Brigade (Wade Morris, The Mad Hungarian, and Jacoby Jones) vs. Giant Grimsley and Yakuza Riot (Kenzo Isozaki and Shigeta Takahasi) w/ Rolf Shelton

American Muscle (The Masked Patriot and Sam Stragevelli) vs. The Sheiks (Sheik Mustafa and Suhail Assanti

All-Pro Wrestling on Channel 7...

A-P-W-F

APWF's primary studio was located in Pennsylvania Park. Pennsylvania Park may only be able to hold 2,000 people at most, but it has hosted some of the biggest names in wrestling in the past, and so has huge historic importance. It was the location of the last event APWF operated before the raid on the Lamberti offices took place.

- From Richard Laws case report.

A-P-W-F

APWF ALL-PRO WRESTLING

Pennsylvania Park: 2000 fans

Sat Week 1 Sept 1975

TV Rating: 0.01

PRESHOW

MATCH: Michael Mitchell defeated The Stomper in 4:35 by submission with a Boston Crab.

Match Rating D+

Booking Notes: A quick match between a veteren and an up-'n-comer. It's about what we expected.

MAINSHOW

ANGLE: Franco Lambert opens the show by bringing out George DeColt for an interview, hyping the upcoming title match between himself and champion Marcus McKing. Before George can get started, McKing comes out and interrupts the proceedings, insulting George DeColt and saying that he’ll never be champion again. This enrages DeColt, who open hand slaps the youngster across the face, and the two start brawling. Security runs out to separated the two while Franco yells over the crowd that the title match will be brutal!

Rating B-

Booking Notes: A nice little segment to lift the crowd and prepare them for the show. McKing is really getting better everyday, his charisma just grows and grows.

ANGLE: A video package plays, highlighting Identity Black, The Masked Patriot, Edmond Jackson, Crippler Ray Kingman, The Brooklyn Punk, and Terry Lambert, before finally focusing on the rivalry between Marcus McKing and George DeColt. We fade back out to the audience and the show begins.

Rating B+

Booking Notes: Seltzer calls this ‘Branding the show’. It’s a minute long montage of various past clips meshed together to hype the show. It’s for the benefit of our television audience only, but it does establish who the focal points of the show are.

MATCH: American Muscle defeated The Sheiks in 7:34 when The Masked Patriot defeated Suhail Assanti by pinfall with a Patriot Slam.

Match Rating D-

Booking Notes: I think we expected better from these guys, but Suhail Assanti seemed off his game tonight, and when Assantis off his game it means everyone else is in for a bumpy ride. Atleast Berkley and the Old Man were able to cover the match with their commentary, that geve things a boost. And Sam Stragavelli continued to look like a star. Hopefully this was just a rough night and everyone can be back in business shortly.

ANGLE: Having won the match, American Muscle are in the ring celebrating, while Suhail Assanti and Sheik Mustafa slip quietly out of the ring. The Masked Patriot motions to his waist - the universal sign that he's coming after the title. The crowd approves with cheers...

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the mysterious Identity Black hits the ring. He takes out Sam Stragevelli with a hard clothesline before gathering up The Masked Patriot and laying him out with a 'Finisher X'. The assault is quick and brutal, and leaves both men completely destroyed.

Rating C-

Booking Notes: A decent angle that I thought could have been better, but we’ll take it for what it’s worth. Identity Black really laid into The Masked Patriot. We’re hoping to reignite their rivalry.

MATCH: Giant Grimsley and Yakuza Riot w/Rolf Shelton defeated Jacoby Jones and The Moustache Brigade in 5:11 when Giant Grimsley defeated Jacoby Jones by pinfall with a Giant Slam. During the match we also had the Mad Hungarian turn on Wade Morris.

Match Rating D

Booking Notes: This was a solid, though unspectacular match that was more angle than anything else. The build around the match was the crumbling unity of the Moustace brigade. When The Mad Hungarian turned around and decked his tag team partner and left him in the ring for the Giant, the audience couldn’t believe it, and were booing him like crazy. It’s safe to say that his turn was a success. Jacoby continues to improve, gaining skills in performance and rumble. It’s a shame that the brigade had to end like this. We’ll have to figure something out for him.

ANGLE: After a match, Wade Morris and Jacoby Jones are in the ring, asking The Mad Hungarian why. He doesn’t answer them, but he does distract them long enough for the monstrous Giant Grimsley to return to the ring and beat them both down.

Rating D+

Booking Notes: We had hoped for a little better from this angle, but this will do. Its a shame. But this is probably the last time the moustache brigade will exist in APWF.

MATCH: New York's Finest defeated Crippler Ray Kingman and Edmond Jackson in 7:37 when Terry Lambert defeated Crippler Ray Kingman by pinfall after using a foreign object.

Match Rating C

Booking Notes: A pretty good match all things considered. The great performance of Crippler Ray Kingman really stood out in this one. This was a really good semi-main event. Hopefully the main event will deliver.

ANGLE: Franco Lamberti catches up with George DeColt backstage, who is still nursing some wounds from the brawl earlier. DeColt wastes little time describing to Franco Lambert in detail all the brutal things he's going to do to Marcus McKing. He then puts on his robe and prepares to strut out to the ring, ready to win back his title!

Rating B+

Booking Notes: George DeColt, by far, is the best promo man on the roster. Terry would disagree I guess. But he really made the audience believe that he would be taking his belt back tonight!

MAIN EVENT: George DeColt defeated Marcus McKing in 12:43 when Marcus McKing was disqualified when Terry Lambert ran in and attacked George DeColt. Marcus McKing Retains the APWF Heavyweight title.

Match Rating C+

Booking Notes: The match wasn’t perfect, but it was a really good title match when all is said and done. Marcus had trouble with the long term sell in this match, having no trouble walking event though George had been working the leg the whole time. Still, for us these days, it was a really good main event.

ANGLE: After the match, Marcus McKing and Terry Lambert lay the boots toGeorge DeColt, screaming in his ear that he’ll never win the title. DeColt tries to make a comeback, but the fabulous one again falls victim to the double team. McKing and Lambert think they have succeeded in destroying DeColt, when Crippler Ray Kingman runs to the ring with a steel chair and chases the attackers away. For a tense moment, Kingman looks to his former rival for the APWF title [DeColt had beaten Kingman in March for the belt.], before extending his hand. The two powerhouses shake and seem poised to retake APWF for the good guys.

Rating B+

Booking Notes: A great way to close the show, as the save and reconciliation of two of APWF’s biggest babyfaces really sent the crowd home happy.

Overall C+

FINAL THOUGHT: The Main Event and Semi-Main events saved the show in my opinion, and gave us some momentum. This show can be considered a success, and it should increase our popularity. But we’ll see what the station thinks when the ratings come in tomorrow.

A-P-W-F

To the Offices of The American Pro Wrestling Federation,

We were under the impression that our two companies had a deal. You bring the ratings, we provide the exposure. Thus far our relationship has been a one way street, and you have benefited from out televised programing. This letter is a reminder that we still expect the results you signed up for. If you cannot deliver, then we suggest finding another station who will hold your programing. We are not a patient company. Improve the ratings on your show or face the consequences.

Sincerly,

Channel 7 Management.

- The official notice sent from Channel 7 to inform APWF of their poor ratings.

A-P-W-F

Before the show, I finalized a deal with Misty Waters and Disco Stu. Misty had been working as a valet in a little promotion called HWA, and was good at what she did. Standing around and looking sexy. Still, for where we were going for, it would be nice to have her backstage, as she really is a sweetheart. Stu had been an enhancement talent in nearly every promotion in America at one time or another and was only now getting a push due to the sheer hatred of his character in HWA. And he was playing a face! He’s got the best basics of anyone on the roster down there and is likely to be a solid addition for us.

On the one hand, the show was a success. A really good title defense between George DeColt and Marcus McKing, squandered by Terry. Leaves the audience pissed off and wanting a conclusive rematch between the two. If all goes well that match will be forth coming. And a really impressive tag match as well, though with veterans like Edmond Jackson and Crippler Ray King leading things, anything else would be nothing short of horrendous.

However, not everything went our way either. Giant Grimsley left the arena and went directly to the hospital; complaining of stomach pains. After an hour long wait and at least ten minutes trying to safely navigate the giant of a man to the check up room, we learned that he’d caught some sort of Parasitic Stomach Infection. We told him to take it easy for a few days and work it off. We wouldn’t have been able to book him anyhow.

Worse than that, we drew a 0.01 rating from the station, which is not good enough for the powers that be. We got a warning this morning after the show aired from Channel 7 that they were not pleased with our results, and gave us a not so thinly veiled threat to shape up or ship out. It doesn’t help that they aren’t wrestling people, but having a great show live, then getting people to see that show out side of our normal parameters are two things.

Two very different things.

- Sonny

Always a fan for a good underdog diary. Also I find your match write ups really accessible (I always seem to zone out when reading peoples write ups of the actual moves in the ring) so yes keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words. While I'd like to have the match write up skills of say a Tigerkinney or a JSilver ala 'Winter Epiphany', the fact is I'm not so good writing out the psychology of what I want, so the writeups stay simple.

As for picks...

Picks Ranking

foolinc (3-4)

The Mystery (2-4)

cmdrsam (2-4)

foolinc is in the lead, missing only the main event. So congrats to you!

I'll get more diary posts under way later tonight I guess. Thanks!

- Sonfaro

Goodbye Wade... And good riddance...

A-P-W-F

Wade Morris has asked for and been granted a release from his contract here at the American Pro Wrestling Federation. We wish Wade Morris luck in all his future endevors.

- Official APWF statement on the release of Wade Morris.

A-P-W-F

Well, it’s official. Wade will be leaving us at the end of the week to join SWF up north.

I’d say I was surprised. I’d say I was disgusted. And I tell Terry that every time he goes off about it. But really… I don’t think I can blame Wade. Eisens young, practically my age… if not younger! But he’s managed to gather together some of the best in the business, he’s got a nationally syndicated television program, and he has a lot of his fathers money backing him. Wade’s going to have great success up there.

With every loss however, there are gains. We’ve finalized contracts for several new signings in an effort to boost the roster.

By far the most important contract we’ve signed is exciting brawler Chief Two Eagles. Two Eagles is a major acquisition and slots directly into the upper card. He’s a fantastic talent, and will likely do well for us, perhaps challenging for the Heavyweigt title. At $2000 per show however, his pricetage is a little high. It took some convincing from Edmond Jackson and myself, but Terry finally consented. Stating he’d do whatever it takes to secure money for us. The end result: Chief Two Eagles is now a member of the APWF roster!

Dancin’ Rick joins Disco Stu, effectively bringing their Boogie Nights team into the APWF fold. They’ll be playing fun loving, dancing babyfaces, very similar to their characters in HWA, though toned down significantly. They aren’t an effective replacement for the Moustache Brigade, but they are a long term project for a deeper tag team division and eventually titles.

We also signed long time Vet Walter Crowe. Crowe’s job will mostly be a training one, working with the wrestlers that may not have the same fundamentals as others in an attempt to make them better.

Wayne DeSota, from CWB and Lefty Jenson, another HWA wrestler, are under contract with us as well. They are with us to stare at the ceiling for us, as neither man has the overness or skill to really move any higher than an enhancement talent for us. They both work cheap however, and maybe in the future they will amount to something special. Who knows?

In other news, SWF tried to make some headway in one of our markets, holding their Sunday Slamfest show in the Laurent Ballroom. Their event was average at best. Terry says we may have to pay New England a visit just to remind them who we are. I’m a little concerned.

Theres definitely work to be done, but Edmond Jackson has been planning something that may just lighten Terry’s mood…

- Sonny

APWF Tour Across America (Tues)...

A-P-W-F

A famous club in Rhode Island, The Skid Row Club was originally a venue for jazz musicians, but has since evolved to also host other events, including wrestling. It was APWF's primary foot hold in the New England area. An area that was heavily contested during the high point in their war with SWF.

A-P-W-F

APWF Tour Across America (Tues)

The Skid Row Club: 1000 fans

Tuesday Week 2, September 1975

Franco Lambert opens the show by talking with Marcus McKing and Terry Lambert, asking them whether they have joined forces or not. Both men take the time to run down their various enemies, including Crippler Ray Kingman and George DeColt. When hearing their names, Kingman and DeColt arrive telling McKing that the only reason that he retained the title was because of Terry Lambert, and that he was no world champion. The four men go back and forth on the mic, before deciding that they will all face eachother in a tag match at the next TV Taping.

Rating B-

Booking Notes: A good angle to start the show, and hype the main event for the next tv taping. George DeColt looked good out there, as usual. And both Marcus McKing and Crippler Ray Kingman learned more charisma from working with him.

MATCH: Crippler Ray Kingman defeated Romeo Heartthrob in 13:06 by submission with a Crippler Cloverleaf.

Match Rating C-

Booking Notes: This was probably the best match I think Romeo's ever been in, and it was all due to Kingman. His performance in the match made an opener look like he could steal the victory, and had the audience in New England excited about the match. Clearly, Kingman is one of the best in ring competitors we have.

MATCH: Terry Lambert defeated Sam Stragavelli in 10:25 by pinfall with a Tough Terry Combo after a distraction from Sheik Mustafa.

Match Rating C

Booking Notes: A good match from both men, all things considered. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown on the part of Terry. Aside from that though, the two had a pretty competitive match. Sam is really going to be something some day. We had Mustafa come in to continue the feud over the Tri-State title. We hope all goes well on that front.

After a match, Sheik Mustafa, Suhail Assanti, and Terry Lambert assault Sam Stragavelli until Crippler Ray Kingman makes the save. Kingman chases everyone out of the ring and helps Stragevelli to his feet, much to the relief of the audience.

Rating C+

Booking Notes: This was a last minute change I'd suggested to the War Room before we set up tonight. Because Sam and The Masked Patriot weren't clicking as a team so well, we're hoping the association with Crippler Ray Kingman will also give Stragavelli more popularity with the audience. We haven't done anything official yet, but we wanted to see how the audience would recieve such an angle. So far so good.

MATCH: Giant Grimsley defeated Wade Morris w/ Jacoby Jones in 6:30 by pinfall with a Giant Slam after a distraction from Heath Herring.

Match Rating D-

Booking Notes: As far as the match goes, I'm not sure if it was the Parasitic Infection he was getting over or not, but Giant Grimsley was really off his game tonight. Luckily, Wade Morris and Giant Grimsley have great chemistry, and it showed in their performance. Even so, this match still brought the crowd's mood down.

After a match, Heath Herring distracts Jacoby Jones and Wade Morris long enough for the monsterous Giant Grimsley to arrive and beat them down.

Rating D

Booking Notes: The Mad Hungarian has been reborn as Heath Herring, a sleezy, oiled down 'ladies man' who is just disgusting enough to make all the women in the arena queezie. It was all Terry's idea, and while the initial feeling amongst the War Room was that this would never work, The Mad Hungarian... Heath Herrings gimmick really works (B). Not only that, but getting him a lovely manager the likes of Misty Winters really helped him during the segment. I think its the begining of a beautiful partnership. Kudos to Terry.

MATCH: George DeColt defeated Rudolph Gray in 12:32 by submission with an Iron Claw.

Match Rating C-

Booking Notes: Unfortunatly George DeColt and Rudolph Gray just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. George has enough overness and basic skills to make the match an entertaining one, almost on par with the Kingman/Romeo match. At least George DeColt came out of the match looking good.

MATCH: Marcus McKing w/Terry Lambert defeated The Masked Patriot in 18:04 by pinfall with a Long Live the King. During the match we also had Identity Black run in and attack Masked Patriot.

Match Rating C+

Booking Notes: Marcus McKing was visibly tiring toward the end of the match, but by then the audience was enthralled. A good match from both men, helped in part by their great chemistry. The real story of the match was Identity blacks newfound focus on The Masked Patriot. A new character is on the way for Identity Black.

As The Masked Patriot and Identity Black brawl to the back, Marcus McKing and Terry Lambert enter the ring and give a mocking tribute to their recent victims Crippler Ray Kingman and George DeColt. Ray Kingman and George DeColt show up, clearly not impressed, and they proceed to beat Marcus McKing and Terry Lambert up.

Rating B

Booking Notes: A really good way to end the show, the segment lifted the crowd. We hope that can translate into a better TV rating when it comes to it.

Overall C+

Final Thoughts: A good show in our alternate market, reminding them that SWF aren't the only show in town. The fact that we were rated the same as they were makes me feel a little better about this war we're waging right now. Maybe the battle isn't going to be as hard as I thought it would be.

APWF Tour Across America (Thurs)...

APWF TOUR ACROSS AMERICA (Thurs)

Thursday Week 2, September 1975

PRESHOW

MATCH: Chief Two Eagles defeated The Stomper in 5:14 by pinfall with a Tomahawk Chop.

Match Rating C-

Booking Notes: A solid match from our newest upper carder. The Cheif has been working the Mid South territories for quite some time, and this was his first time wrestling up north. We're quite pleased with the results, and he'll probably appear on television sooner rather than later.

MAINSHOW

ANGLE: Franco Lamberti is in the ring, opening the show for fans, whenRay Kingman and George DeColt come down. They take microphone and cut a promo, recapping the events of the last TV Taping for the audience, before eventually getting interupted by Terry Lambert and Marcus McKing. The four have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone. Franco Lamberti makes the suggestion that they settle things at the upcoming TV Taping, and the four men agree.

Rating B-

Booking Notes: The crowd loved the idea of such a big tag team match, and the announcement really lifted their spirits for the rest of the show. Marcus McKings charisma continues to improve with every angle.

MATCH: The Brooklyn Punk defeated Walter Crowe in 9:53 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

Match Rating D

Booking Notes: This was Walter Crowes debute match for APWF, and it wasn't half bad. Walter really made The Brooklyn Punk come out of the match looking like a million bucks.

MATCH: Terry Lambert defeated Wade Morris in 10:30 when Wade Morris was disqualified when Jacoby Jones ran in and attacked Terry Lambert. During the match, Wade Morris was also distracted by Marcus McKing

Match Rating C-

Booking Notes: Terry was stiff as hell for this match. His Rumble skills seemed to have improved. I guess I can't blame him. We had Jacoby Jones run in for the save. Jacoby's schtick right now is his desperation to keep the moustache brigade alive.

ANGLE: Confused and annoyed, instead of ending the match outright, Jeff Hansen simply alters it into a tag team affair on the fly.

Rating C-

MATCH: Terry Lambert and Marcus McKing defeated Wade Morris and Jacoby Jones in 11:52 when Terry Lambert defeated Wade Morris by pinfall with a Tough Terry Combo after a distraction from Heath Herring.

Rating D+

Booking Notes: Terry Lambert was visibly tiring toward the end, but I think he was pleased with the results. Both he and Marcus came out of the match looking good, while Wade looks like a fool on his way out. It's a shame Jacoby has to be connected to him right now, but he's young. He'll bounce back eventually.

ANGLE: Franco Lambertiis backstage with Edmond Jackson, who is cutting a promo. Suddenly, Suhail Assanti comes out of nowhere and lays out Edmond Jackson infront of Franco, beating him sensless and leaving him limp on the floor.

Rating C

MATCH: Crippler Ray Kingman and George DeColt defeated The Heartwrenchers in 12:36 when Crippler Ray Kingman defeated Romeo Heartthrob by submission with a Crippler Clutch.

Match Rating C-

Booking Notes: A good match for the Heartwrenchers, who continue to improve as a tag team. The Match was really booked to give Kingman and DeColt a match where they'd look good before the taping. They both managed to look exxcellent out there.

MATCH: Edmond Jackson defeated Suhail Assanti in 14:51 by submission with an Eagle Claw. During the match we also had The Brooklyn Punk distract Jackson.

Match Rating C

Booking Notes: This was a last minute main event added to the card. We had hoped working with Jackson would mellow out Assanti a little. We were obviously wrong. More on that later I guess.

ANGLE: Edmond Jackson is being attacked by Marcus McKing, Terry Lambert and The Brooklyn Punk in the ring. Seeing the assault, Ray Kingman and George DeColt come running in and fight all three of them off, saving Jackson from a serious beating.

Rating B

Booking Notes: Edmond Jackson performed poorly in this segment, but everyone else held there own. This was a really nice way to close the show, as the audience is hyped up for the tv Taping in a few days. Hopefully, we can deliver this time.

Overall: C

Final Thought: Not our best show, but decent enough. Wade Morris was slightly overused over the course of the show, but all things considered, using up his overness is probably the best thing that could happen in this situation. Either way, the show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.

An Explaination...

O.O.C.: Sorry there have been a lack of updates. I've been really sick this past weekend, so I haven't been able to get a writeup in just yet. Hopefully I'll have one done by tomorrow. We'll see. Thanks to those who've been keeping up with this!

- Sonfaro

Suhail...

A-P-W-F

Born in Iran and raised there until the age of 17, "The Iranian Tiger" Suhail Assanti was a member of the APWF until late 1975. He was not very well liked in the locker room, and was known to cause commotions. While not an active part of this case, Assanti was a key factor in the backstage troubles that APWF dealt with during the final quarter of 1975, and so is a key into the mind of Terry Lambert.

A-P-W-F

Before the show, Suhail nearly caused a fistfight when he insinuated that The Stomper was… well… that the Stomper enjoyed the company of men a little more than the average man would admit. Stomper took it harsh, and nearly started a fight in the hallway. Terry decided it was in everyone’s best interest for Suhail to take the fine. Suhail told Terry where he could shove it.

It’s a shame really. Suhail should be a legend in the sport. He’s generally one of the most hated heels on the roster, spouting his anti-america rhetoric in the middle of matches. It’s a shame that Suhail Assanti is the biggest piece of [expletive] I’ve ever met. I wish I could say it was drugs, but Suhail is literally one of the cleanest guys in the locker room. He’s just born that way. A loner by nature. Anti-establishment, anti-authority, anti-american.

Suhail's the man who first called me a mutt.

I don’t know how long Terry will put up with him. He’s not the most liked man backstage, but he certainly has a leg up on Suhail. If… When he decides that Suhail has lost his usefulness, there will be no love lost for him.

Especially not from me.

- Sonny

APWF All-Pro Wrestling Picks...

A-P-W-F

Let me tell you. These TV people are not wrestling people.

- From Richard Seltzers personal memoirs.

A-P-W-F

This week, on APWF All-Pro Wrestling

Another exciting evening of action will be on display in the Pennsylvania Park studio with an astounding card. And there will be even more suprises than usual on this episode. A Betrayal explained, contender redeemed, and a main event that will surely impress the whole world. Make sure you catch APWF All-Pro Wrestling right here, on Channel 7!

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH: Crippler Ray Kingman and George DeColt vs. Terry Lambert and Marcus McKing

George DeColt was only seconds away from regaining the title he so rightfully deserves when it was snatched away by the dangerous Terry Lambert. He seeks a measure of revenge tonight when he teams up with former rival "Crippler" Ray Kingman to take on "Tough" Terry Lambert and the APWF World Heavyweight champion Marcus McKing. Will Kingman and DeColt get vengence? Or will Lambert and McKing sneak by with another tainted victory?

APWF Tri-State Title Match:The Masked Patriot w/ Sam Strong vs. Sheik Mustafa © w/Suhail Assanti

The ever popular Masked Patriot seeks to regain Americas honor when he takes on dangerous foriegner Sheik Mustafa in a match for the coveted APWF Tri-State title. Will the Patriot and his protoge Sam Strong be able to claim a form of victory? Or will the Young Sheik make a hostile defence on American soil?

...And what of Identity Black?

Loser Leaves APWF Match: Wade Morris vs. Heath Herring

Turning his back on the Brigade and all that it stood for, the former Mad Hungarian has shown a darker side of himself. Calling himself Heath Herring and being escorted by the sexy but scandolous Misty Winters, Herring has sworn to destroy the Moustache Brigade once and for all, and has challenged Wade Morris to a loser leaves APWF match to settle it. Can Wade Morris find a way to reach his former partner? Or have the dastardly deeds of Heath Herring only just begun?

Six Man Tag Match: Edmond Jackson, Babyface Dave and Warren Hampton vs. The Brooklyn Punk and The Heartwrenchers

The show will open with an action packed contest featuring Edmond Jackson and a pairing that has been gaining more and more speed together in Babyface Dave and Warren Hampton, against the team of the Brooklyn Punk and The Heartwrenchers. Can Jackson, Dave, and Warren Come together? Or will Punk and The Heartwrenchers tag experience win the day?

Quick Picks:

Crippler Ray Kingman and George DeColt vs. Terry Lambert and Marcus McKing

The Masked Patriot vs. Sheik Mustafa

Wade Morris vs. Heath Herring

Edmond Jackson, Babyface Dave and Warren Hampton vs. The Brooklyn Punk and The Heartwrenchers (Romeo Heartthrob and Rudolph Gray)

Crippler Ray Kingman and George DeColt vs. Terry Lambert and Marcus McKing

The Masked Patriot vs. Sheik Mustafa

Wade Morris vs. Heath Herring

Edmond Jackson, Babyface Dave and Warren Hampton vs. The Brooklyn Punk and The Heartwrenchers (Romeo Heartthrob and Rudolph Gray)

APWF ALL-PRO WRESTLING

Sat Week 1 Sept 1975

TV Rating: 0.02

Preshow

MATCH: Yakuza Riot defeated The Boogie Nights in 9:39 when Kenzo Isozaki defeated Disco Stu by pinfall with a Kenzosault.

Match Rating D

Booking Notes: Rolf Shelton did some good work at ringside for his team, both shigeta and Kenzo looking really good for themselves. Disco Stu also improved on his performance skills. A decent Tag match that we hope to improve upon.

ANGLE: George DeColt and Ray Kingman cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with Tough Terry and McKing.

Rating B

Booking Notes: We really wanted the audience hype for tonights tag match, and this segment really did it, lifting their spirits for the rest of the show.

MAINSHOW

ANGLE: Franco Lambert opens the show by talking with Crippler Ray Kingman and George DeColt, hyping the upcoming program, when two figures interrupt him. They are Terry Lambert and Marcus McKing, who say that the two don't have a chance to beat the champion and the Tough Guy. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before things take a violent turn and everyone starts brawling. A whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up, and as they are being pulled apart Franco hypes the main event match.

Rating B-

Booking Notes: Not as strong as the promo during the preshow, but the crowd was still buzzing after this angle. I was impressed with Kingman most during the segment, as he improved his overall entertainment skills from working with DeColt. McKing meanwhile, continues to shine with charisma, and it seems to rise with each taping. Maybe Terry was onto something when he gave this kid the belt.

MATCH: Edmond Jackson, Babyface Dave and Warren Hampton defeated The Brooklyn Punk and The Heartwrenchers in 7:12 when Edmond Jackson defeated The Brooklyn Punk by submission with an Eagle Claw.

Match Rating D

Booking Notes: Warren Hampton and the Brooklyn Punk seemed a little off their collective games tonight. Thankfully, the performance of Edmond Jackson led everyone through to a solid, though unspectacular match. Babyface Dave and Warren Hampton both improved their performance skills from working with him, and look poised to begin an actual tag team run.

ANGLE: Heath Herring finally came down to the ring, escorted by the lovely Misty Winters, and explained that he was tired of standing in Wades shadow, and tired of taking care of the Canadian kid. Heath said he was 1000% better looking than both of them, and was clearly the breakout man on the team. Wade Morris cam out next to try and talk Heath out of the match, saying he didn't want their friendship to end like this. Heath would have none of it, and sucker punched his former partner, starting the match.

Rating D+

Booking Notes: A slightly better angle than I thought it would be. Misty Winters helped Herring during this segment.

MATCH: Heath Herring defeated Wade Morris w/ Jacoby Jones in 3:23 by pinfall following interference from Giant Grimsley. During the match we also had Misty Winters distract Wade Morris.

Match Rating D-

Booking Notes: There are several things I'm upset about. We ran out of time to make this grudgematch a real grudgematch, and had to settle with our continuing theme of Giant Grimsley running in and destroying people. But worse was Wade, who actually thought we'd let him go over our Heath in his redebut match. Heath Herring was really off his game tonight, perhaps due to the backstage shennanigans. Misty Winters did some good work at ringside though, and continues to be a gem for us, despite her previous employment. Either way however, the crowd wasn't happy with up with this match, and it showed on everyones face afterwards.

ANGLE: Realizing that this is it, Wade Morris is helped to his feet by Jacoby Jones, and the two share a moment before they are joined in the ring by the lovely Misty Winters, who distracts them long enough for Heath Herring to lay them both out from behind. Heath and Misty leave the Moustache Brigade in the ring, destroyed.

Rating C-

APWF TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH: The Masked Patriot w/Sam Strong defeated Sheik Mustafa w/Suhail Assanti in 8:16 when Sheik Mustafa was disqualified when Identity Black ran in and attacked The Masked Patriot.

Match Rating D-

Booking Notes: Sam Stragavelli did some good work at ringside during the match, but again, their team up is an awkward one.

ANGLE: After a match, Identity Black tries to attack The Masked Patriot, but Sam Stragavelli runs in and makes the save, sending Identity Black packing.

Rating C

Booking Notes: Keeping the storyline alive through a rescue angle. Sam Strong continues to be a star in the making.

MAIN EVENT: Terry Lambert and Marcus McKing defeated Crippler Ray Kingman and George DeColt in 13:20 when Terry Lambert defeated George DeColt by pinfall by using underhanded tactics.

Match Rating C

Booking Notes: Honestly, I think we expected better. Terry Lambert was visibly tiring toward the end. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. A lot of things didn't come toegether the way we wanted it to. At least the babyfaces came out of the match looking good in defeat however, as a low blow from Terry Lambert was the only reason they lost. Hopefully, we can retain some heat from the feuds proper.

ANGLE: After the match, McKing and Lambert leave the ring and snatch the house mics from Franco and Kyle, and begin to rag on Crippler Ray Kingman and George DeColt. Ray Kingman and George DeColt, feeling cheated from their match interject and chase off McKing and Tough Terry to the back.

Rating B

Booking Notes: At least our angles are where we expected them, as Kingman and DeColt getting a sense of revenge against their adversaries lifted the crowd and left everyone feeling better about coming out. People really seemed interested in Kingman and McKing however, as their Charisma grew with this segment.

Overall: C

Final Thought: Dancin’ Rick was used far to much in the preshow, and so there was a little backlash against him. The show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity. But that doesn't mean we're satisfied with it. Not at all.

A-P-W-F

To the Offices of The American Pro Wrestling Federation,

We are glad to see that some improvements have been made. However, we are still not pleased with the overall picture. While you have indeed had a slight boost in the ratings, we feel that the improvement was not enough to warrent out concern to cease. We are still interested in our continued partnership, but we expect better results.

Sincerly,

Channel 7 Management.

- The official notice sent from Channel 7.

A-P-W-F

We’ve had better shows.

Sure, the taping wasn’t bad, and we did technically increase our ratings from last weeks show, but it wasn’t what we needed to raise ourselves over the hump. We managed to come of even more amateurish than usual with tonight’s show. As such, the network execs are again sending us a warning. There’s really no one culprit responsible for the bland show we had. Everyone was ‘alright’ tonight. Not spectacular. We needed spectacular.

Wade left the company with little fan fare. Heath Herring and Jacoby Jones were on hand to see him off, but for the most part everyone knew he was damaged goods. No one blames him. It’s likely that he and Burt Selleck will be matching up as a tag team in Supreme. No, we don’t blame him, we’re just disappointed.

Terry brought his girl Jenna to the shooting. She’s sweet. A little shy. He left her backstage during the show. Romeo was quick to chat her up. I’m not sure if it was how shy she was or how horribly elementary his pick up lines were, but she didn’t bite. As soon as Joe told Romeo who she was he backed off, and from then on the rest of the lockerroom left her alone. Sweet girl. I really hope Terry doesn’t ruin this one.

They left together in a hurry, Jenna complaining of a cold and Terry not wanting to put up with much [expletive] tonight. Terry had promised to give me a ride to the apartment... I suppose he forgot. As I caught a ride from Kurt Berkley, I managed to catch a glimpse of Franco Lamberti looking at the studio.

He almost looked dead.

- Sonny

A-P-W-F

Defense. Would you please state your name for the court?

Jacoby Jones. Uhm… They call me Jacoby Jones.

Def. Mr. Jones. Do you have any idea why you’re here?

Jones. Uh… No?

- Transcript taken from ‘The People vs. Terry Lambert’, Part 37

A-P-W-F

I heard on the radio that Jacoby Jones was one to watch for the future. That made me take a closer look at the Canadian mustachio. At 23 years old he is still a young man in the business, yet he has the stamina of a maineventer. In essence, Jacoby is a blank slate, the kind of guy who – with a little work and a lot of patience, will develop into a decent worker… Maybe more than decent.

The problem is his status among our fans unfortunately. For the past year here he’s been the resident job boy of the Moustache Brigade, the kid who always messed up. The only man on the team you could expect to get pinned during the match. And with Wade gone this Tuesday and Heath entering a new chapter in his career, Jacoby is floundering with little to no momentum.

A singles run at this stage isn’t a good idea. The only man available to tag that could help him is Michael Mitchell. And he’s been asking for more singles time. We’re caught between a rock and a hard place when it comes to Jacoby. It’s unfair to him, and it’s frustrating for me.

Maybe its time we started looking for other options...

- Sonny

<p>APWF Tour Across America (Tues)</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">APWF TOUR ACROSS AMERICA (Thurs) </span></strong></p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Pennsylvania Park: 2000 fans</p><p>

Thursday Week 2, September 1975</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>PRESHOW</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

<strong>ANGLE: </strong>A video plays hyping <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Terry Lambert </span></strong>vs. <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Crippler Ray Kingman</span></strong>. </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Rating B</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;"><em>Boo</em></span><span style="color:#800080;"><em><strong>king Notes: </strong></em></span><span style="color:#800080;"><em> It's been my idea these past few days to play a little video explaining the feuds to the audience while they're fileing in for the taping. They really seem to enjoy them, they usually get really hyped up after seeing all the heinous actions done by Terry Lambert and company. We'll probably be playing many more of them as time goes on.</em></span></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">MAINSHOW</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Franco Lambert </span></strong>opens the show by bringing out <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">George DeColt</span></strong>, who discusses his recent title match and the demands he's made to the APWF Championship comitte to give him a rematch. <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Marcus McKing </span></strong>comes out annoyed. He claims that DeColt had his one and only title rematch and he coudln't get the job done. They go back and forth on the mike, before DeColt insults McKing, saying he wouldn't even still be champion unless 'your big brother Terry' wasn't around. McKing, furious at the insinuation that he can't be champ by himself challenges George DeColt at a special live event at the end of September, an event he calls the September Showcase. DeColt agrees, and they face off with Franco trying to keep them apart. </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#800080;"><strong>Booking Notes: </strong></span></em><em><span style="color:#800080;">This segment lifted the crowd. Marcus McKing is learning to show more charisma. </span></em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH: </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">The Brooklyn Punk</span></strong><strong> defeated </strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">The Masked Patriot </span></strong><strong> w/</strong><strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Sam Stragavelli </span></strong></strong><strong>in 14:35</strong> by pinfall with The Mugging. During the match we also had Identity Black run in and attack Masked Patriot. </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Match Rating C+</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;"><em><strong>Booking Notes: </strong></em></span><span style="color:#800080;"><em>It's sad when your opener is the match of the night. It's even sadder when one of your workers is off his game. Still, all that aside, both men should be happy with their efforts. Mid way into the match we had Jeff Hansen send Sam Stragavelli to the back, mistakenly think he had interfered in the match thanks to the clever work by The Brooklyn Punk. That set up the next angle. </em></span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">The Masked Patriot </span></strong>is in the ring. Out of nowhere, <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Identity Black </span></strong>hits the ring and attacks. The assault is quick and brutal, and leaves Masked Patriot completely destroyed. Sam Stragavelli tries to make the save, but it's to late. But the time he reaches the ring, Identity Black is gone.</p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Rating C</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;"><em><strong>Booking Notes:</strong></em></span><span style="color:#800080;"><em> Identity Black's new gimmick is in place, and as a Demonic monster he has a lot more room than as a simple bully.. he's really taken to it; I'd say it's at least an </em></span><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em><strong>A</strong></em></span></span><span style="color:#800080;"><em> rating. The Masked Patriot and Sam Stragavelli continue to be an awkward pairing, and it may be time to end their partnership.</em></span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE: </strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">George DeColt</span></strong> comes out and asks <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Sam Stragavelli </strong></span>for his help. While the Masked Patriot is helped to the back, George DeColt asks for Sams help in a tag match against <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">The Sheiks</span></strong>. Sam doesn't hesitate to say yes! </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Rating B+</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#800080;"><strong>Booking Notes:</strong></span></em><em><span style="color:#800080;"> Sam may have more success working with DeColt, who is on fire right now. The crowd was certainly into it.</span></em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH: </strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">George DeColt </span></strong><strong>and </strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Sam Stragavelli </span></strong><strong>defeated </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">The Sheiks </span></strong><strong>in 14:37 </strong>when Sheik Mustafa was disqualified while fighting George DeColt. </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Match Rating D+</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#800080;"><strong>Booking Notes:</strong></span></em><em><span style="color:#800080;"> Suhail Assanti didn't help anything, being both off his game tonight and visibly tiring toward the end. At least George DeColt looked excellent out there.</span></em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH: </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Terry Lambert</span></strong><strong> defeated </strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Walter Crowe</span></strong><strong> in 9:33</strong> by pinfall with a Tough Terry Combo. </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Match Rating D</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#800080;"><strong>Booking Notes: </strong></span></em><em><span style="color:#800080;"> The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. Still, the performance of Terry Lambert stood out as being good. He even improved in Technical skills.</span></em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE: </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Terry Lambert </span></strong>has a microphone, and tears into <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Crippler Ray Kingman</strong></span>, telling him that he is going to get easily beaten in their upcoming match. Crippler Ray Kingman shows up, clearly not impressed, and he proceeds to beat Tough Terry up. </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;"><em><strong>Booking Notes: </strong></em></span><span style="color:#800080;"><em>This was a really good angle, that really got the crowd going, and added some heat to the upcomping TV taping. Crippler Ray Kingman even showed more charisma. </em></span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH: </strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Crippler Ray Kingman </span></strong><strong>defeated </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">The Stomper </span></strong><strong>in 14:59 </strong>by submission with a Crippler Cloverleaf. </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Match Rating C</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;"><em><strong>Booking Notes:</strong></em></span><span style="color:#800080;"><em> If The Stomper continues to deliver like this, I may have to give him a real sustained push sooner rather than later.</em></span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Angle:</strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Crippler Ray Kingman </span></strong>is celebrating his victory in the ring. <span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>Terry Lambert </strong></span>runs in and attacks, beating Ray Kingman down into the mat. </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Rating B+</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#800080;">Booking Notes: This segment lifted the crowd. </span></em></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">Overall C</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#800080;"><strong>Final Thought: </strong></span></em><em><span style="color:#800080;">A decent tour show that set up some big matches down the line. We can consider this show successful. It should increase our popularity,</span></em></p>

Archived