SCW-The TCW-SWF Merge

The Tragedy

In late January 2008 tragedy struck the SWF three top talents were stopped after hitting and killing two people. The employees were, Big Smack Scott, Christian Faith, and Eric Eisen. After this happened things went south for SWF, they were served with and lost a 13 million dollar law suite from families of the two people that were killed in the crash and it was proved that all three guys were under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

TCW

TCW was going through problems of there own, although making money fans just weren’t into TCW anymore. TCW Total Wrestling was getting 1.1s and was dropped from TV leaving them with a big lack of exposure. TCW also lost sponsors and some talent to Japan.

The Merger

After a desperate Richard Eisen came to TCW President Tommy Cornell and discussed a possible business merge rumors started to speculate what was going own, the public knew SWF was in trouble but for Eisen to reach out for help this must be bad. January 14, 2009 is a day that will go down in wrestling history, this is when the deal was done SWF and TCW had became Superstars Championship Wrestling. Some of the biggest names of wrestling will end up in this promotion, as of right now the roster is still getting set up a press conference is set for later this week

I would've went with "Total Supreme Wrestling", myself, as that name retains the names of both companies. Still, should be very interesting to see a merger between the the two, and how the feuds will go, although I must say, if you're fusing the TCW and SWF rosters, then I can't expect getting good grades to be much of a challenge.. :p

I would've went with "Total Supreme Wrestling", myself, as that name retains the names of both companies. Still, should be very interesting to see a merger between the the two, and how the feuds will go, although I must say, if you're fusing the TCW and SWF rosters, then I can't expect getting good grades to be much of a challenge.. :p

Yea the name was a tough choice really I had about three I was going to go with. As for the rosters It'll be alot of the TCW/SWF but there will also be some indy stars. ( But good grades still shouldn't be no problem :p)

Tommy Cornell stands on a big stage in downtown New York as over 2,000 people and media are there to witness this news.

Cornell: Thank you all for coming here tonight, as you all know the wrestling industries in America has been poor over the last couple of months with my TCW being poorly booked and losing fans and the SWF’s recent law problems and money issues. With this being said me and the SWF’s owner have came together for you fans and created Superstars Championship Wrestling.

Eisen comes out and joins Cornell as cameras snap picks of the two shaking.

Eisen: I am proud to be working with my friend Tommy Cornell on this project, see wrestling is all about entertaining the fans and the last year we were not able to do this in the U.S. See when I went to Tommy a couple weeks ago I knew the SWF and TCW were both in trouble so made him an offer and it was a good one.

Cornell: Yea it was a good one.

Eisen: Haha, well as for this press conference it was not only to announce our new promotion, but our first show.

Cornell: Yes, next month SCW will have it’s first live event here in “ The big apple” New York City. The wrestlers from SWF and TCW will perform you fans and the first 500 fans there get to have a meet and greet with the wrestlers.

Eisen: So with that being said thanks for comeing out and we hope to see you all next month for SCW Superbrawl.

SCW Superbarwl card

SCW Tag Team Championship match

The Biggz Boys V. The New Wave

Wolf Hawkins V. Ben Force

Billy Jack Shearer V. Darryl Devine

SCW World Championship match

Tommy Cornell V. Angry Gilmore

Sammy Bach and Danny Fonzelli V. ??? and ???

THE GREATEST TAG TEAM IN THE WORLD TODAY should definately take it over the Biggz Boys, who by now are likely very stale..

Boy, this looks like a close one, doesn't it? I mean, really, it's very tough for me to tell which one of these guys has more upside..

Assuming Devine has already gotten a good push within one of these promotions, as on default popularity this would be a pretty big upset..

Gilmore's a good choice for Champion, but as the first SCW World Champ, it really should be someone that can legitimize it. I don't think there's anyone who's a better choice for that, then Tommy Cornell.

Sammy Bach and Danny Fonzelli V. Giant Tana and Giant Tana

Whereas Bach and Fonzarelli are a thrown together team with little in the way of teamwork, when the two Giant Tana's first met, they both felt as if they had been together their entire lives. Their doubly massive name value alone definately makes this match more worthy of a Main Event spot then the World Title match.

I gotta say, this card looks kinda weak for what would appear to be the combined companies opening PPV..

THE GREATEST TAG TEAM IN THE WORLD TODAY should definately take it over the Biggz Boys, who by now are likely very stale..

Boy, this looks like a close one, doesn't it? I mean, really, it's very tough for me to tell which one of these guys has more upside..

Assuming Devine has already gotten a good push within one of these promotions, as on default popularity this would be a pretty big upset..

Gilmore's a good choice for Champion, but as the first SCW World Champ, it really should be someone that can legitimize it. I don't think there's anyone who's a better choice for that, then Tommy Cornell.

Sammy Bach and Danny Fonzelli V. Giant Tana and Giant Tana

Whereas Bach and Fonzarelli are a thrown together team with little in the way of teamwork, when the two Giant Tana's first met, they both felt as if they had been together their entire lives. Their doubly massive name value alone definately makes this match more worthy of a Main Event spot then the World Title match.

I gotta say, this card looks kinda weak for what would appear to be the combined companies opening PPV..

Yes I'm still working every thing out this is a weekly PPV that will be on until I can get a TV show. The cards will get better I promise :)

Archived