TEW2010 Developer's Journal Discussion

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No for me. Having the game in front of me, even not being a full version, will give me plenty to do. Tinker with new features, explore the CornellVerse, and make plans for games.

I second that, after all I have to fine-tune the databases I play, so I will probably from the 20th to early next month spend time just doin that stuff. It's hard work to go through over a 1,000 workers and make sure stuff is correct to me as I'm sure many a mod-maker would agree

No for me. Having the game in front of me, even not being a full version, will give me plenty to do. Tinker with new features, explore the CornellVerse, and make plans for games and/or diaries. Right now, nada.

Agreed. For me, those five days are going to FLY by. I want to play a month with every promotion in the game, explore the new features, discover all the new Incidents, and just pour over all the changes made to the Cornellverse.

Guest KingOfKings
The faster these two days go by the better. There is so much I can do with this demo specifically because I can't get the full version until after a week it comes up. Planning storylines, browsing all the promotions, getting accustomed to all the new features should hold me over for a solid week

Oh god. I have so many things to do once I get the game. I'll have to be "sick" the next two months.

After a rival company falls out. Buy their main title belt and rename it to

"FED Jobber Champion"

I can't wait...I can't wait for this.

Minister Whitey (who some people will remember from Mafia) bought out SWF in the TEW07 game we ran, and renamed their World title to "Dance on the Grave", and proceeded to throw it around randomly on whims. Fun times :)

Mods are always full of complaints and grievances.

Every person who plays TEW doenst play it the same way. If Steve (I dont know who he is) wants AJ Styles to be perfect, let him. If Joe wants AJ to be horrendous, let him. I think a disturbing trend in TEW (and the internet all together, especially with wrestling it seems) is there are so many views of how something should be, but people seem to have a bit of a high & mighty outlook that "THIS IS HOW I THINK IT SHOULD BE THIS WAY! ANY OTHER WAY IS DUMB!". Now I'm not saying you are saying this at all. Or are like that at all, but your post simply put me in random rant mode about this thing that I see more and more often.

Why does it seem to be a problem to some people what people are going to abuse pre-set chemistry? Or have a 3 year old win the World title? What does it matter to you? (again, you isnt you, you is a generic term applied to people who tend to act kind of stuck up.) It kind of seems ludicrous to me. Adam is putting this features in for 1 reason and 1 reason only. To try and make the game as profitable as possible. Dont bullpoop yourself, its a business. And with online text-based-games, especially wrestling games as proven though EWR / TEW / Promotion Wars / whatever, editors and expansiveness are what is important to a lot of people. If the ability to have a 3 year old win a world title sells the game to 1 person. Mission accomplished. So many people always have issues with stuff like this, but all they have to do is DELETE said stuff (like it a celebrity in the game) or not use it. Clear pre-set chemistry. How had is that? People who WANT 3 year olds in the game cant just re-program the game to do it, but those who dont want three year olds can simply remove them from the data, or screw with the debut date. I dunno. I'm rambling.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Mods are always full of complaints and grievances.

Every person who plays TEW doenst play it the same way. If Steve (I dont know who he is) wants AJ Styles to be perfect, let him. If Joe wants AJ to be horrendous, let him. I think a disturbing trend in TEW (and the internet all together, especially with wrestling it seems) is there are so many views of how something should be, but people seem to have a bit of a high & mighty outlook that "THIS IS HOW I THINK IT SHOULD BE THIS WAY! ANY OTHER WAY IS DUMB!". Now I'm not saying you are saying this at all. Or are like that at all, but your post simply put me in random rant mode about this thing that I see more and more often.

Why does it seem to be a problem to some people what people are going to abuse pre-set chemistry? Or have a 3 year old win the World title? What does it matter to you? (again, you isnt you, you is a generic term applied to people who tend to act kind of stuck up.) It kind of seems ludicrous to me. Adam is putting this features in for 1 reason and 1 reason only. To try and make the game as profitable as possible. Dont bullpoop yourself, its a business. And with online text-based-games, especially wrestling games as proven though EWR / TEW / Promotion Wars / whatever, editors and expansiveness are what is important to a lot of people. If the ability to have a 3 year old win a world title sells the game to 1 person. Mission accomplished. So many people always have issues with stuff like this, but all they have to do is DELETE said stuff (like it a celebrity in the game) or not use it. Clear pre-set chemistry. How had is that? People who WANT 3 year olds in the game cant just re-program the game to do it, but those who dont want three year olds can simply remove them from the data, or screw with the debut date. I dunno. I'm rambling.

The ability to have three years olds win titles isn't going to be in the game. The age limit starts at 5. So, those people who want three year olds all over the place are going to be disappointed. :p

I am so very, very jacked. Adam makes every game a real sequel and I find it awesome there is a a studio out there in GDS who has games that are more thoughtful than "Anti-Hero shoots aliens with giants guns." or "Anti-Hero kills demons with gimmicky weapon." and that is why I honestly believe I've gotten more mileage out of the $100 or so I've given to Adam and GDS than the thousands I've spend on all my other games combined.

Anyway to end the ass kissing, game looks great, and Adam and GDS basically represent everything that's awesome about the internet and small game studios, I'll gladly give you my money you've earned it and I hope the game continues to grow in sales and scope each year.

lol @ whole conservative vs liberal discussion.

It's not like The Force is gonna run for president, is he?

DAMN RIGHT HE IS :D

I can see the headlines now:

President Force solves the economic crisis by paying off the national debt with his multi-billion dollar merchendise sales revenue.

Oh man, that just gave me an idea for a USPW diary I will never ever do, have a whole storyline with Jim Force angling for a presedential election in 2012!

Oh the wrestlecrap russo-maniacs will just love that one :D

I am so very, very jacked. Adam makes every game a real sequel and I find it awesome there is a a studio out there in GDS who has games that are more thoughtful than "Anti-Hero shoots aliens with giants guns." or "Anti-Hero kills demons with gimmicky weapon." and that is why I honestly believe I've gotten more mileage out of the $100 or so I've given to Adam and GDS than the thousands I've spend on all my other games combined.

Anyway to end the ass kissing, game looks great, and Adam and GDS basically represent everything that's awesome about the internet and small game studios, I'll gladly give you my money you've earned it and I hope the game continues to grow in sales and scope each year.

I know how you feel. I've gradually stopped buying video games, the last one was Assassins Creed II, which after 6 hours I was bored stiff off. The only games I can think of the top of my head that I have actually completed on the current gen consoles are Gears of War 1 & 2, and Ghostbusters. I get bored very quickly. Where as with TEW, WMMA and FM I can never be truly bored. There's always something to do, change, mix-up, and new challenges all the time. And at, what, £18-ish over here a game, it's nothing but money more than well spent on GDS games.

I've been following the journal since the very first day and with every little update i was wondering how long it would take until I stopped playing TEW 2010. Eventually WMMA and TEW 08 were kicked to the curb for a few months and then I went back to them to keep my habit alive.

Now after that last mass of updates I'm actually thinking my UFC, Football Manager, Pro Evo,SD v Raw and all Wii games may have to sit and gather dust while I get to grips with the next beast of the TEW train.

Cannot Wait

I can see the headlines now:

Oh man, that just gave me an idea for a USPW diary I will never ever do, have a whole storyline with Jim Force angling for a presedential election in 2012!

Oh the wrestlecrap russo-maniacs will just love that one :D

Why can I see him making a campaign speech about how all America's enemies will feel the FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE?:D

*shrug*

I was talking about BSS' real name, which noone seems to remember.

I had every intention of pushing him, after his Safety jumped two grades in Development, and changed his name to Scott Sinclair, so he could be taken seriously. I put the Tag Titles on the Pain Alliance, because I wanted to push them both through the roof.

Then he got in a fight backstage and I suspended him.

Archived