The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Surprised they already announced a match and 6 competitors in one night where they could have dragged it out.

They said it's not everyone which means Dean is (probably) losing and getting in. What's more baffling is Kofi being in the match...and Ziggler/Sheamus after they both just got pinned in a midcard title match.

They said it's not everyone which means Dean is (probably) losing and getting in. What's more baffling is Kofi being in the match...and Ziggler/Sheamus after they both just got pinned in a midcard title match.

I'd imagine the kayfabe reason Kofi is in as a favour from Kane for helping on SmackDown, which is the reason all three were in the EC match also.

Non-kayfabe reason is... Kofi is always fun in MITB matches.

I love that ending. Dean looks so strong, Rollins slithers away like the POS he is, and Reigns evens the odds vs. the Authority. Why not? We got that awesome moment with Ambrose, but it's obvious he isn't in the immediate title plan. Reigns was never going to turn. The only thing is that Seth hasn't looked so strong as champion, but Ambrose will be in MITB and probably win.

I really enjoyed the whole show, but the match that kinda brought my mood down was Bo and Neville. It's not a knock on the quality or anything, but I've seen better matches between the two in NXT. So it was just lackluster compared to what they've done before.

The Dusty finish at the end was well executed even if it was obvious the second Seth grabbed the ref. Very fun card though that didn't feel like it dragged on.

<p>loved the first three matches, can't believe Kevin Owens won clean, the shock made me fall asleep though missed Bo and Neville, woke up to Mark Henry being pinned</p><p> </p><p>

Fell asleep again and woke to Ambrose celebrating, actually woke up and thought amazing then got reversed, but i think Rollins as Champion is briliant, i love weasel champion </p><p> </p><p>

i also enjoyed the Diva match</p>

I also dozed off, right around the end of the the IC Title Chamber match. I woke up to see Ryback win, just vaguely, and was out before the next match started. Then I was in and out during the Rollins/Ambrose match, suddenly I see Ambrose leaving with the title and I'm just dumbfounded, going, "What? What? What?" in my head, but in what would've probably been an amazing reaction video out loud.

I like Owens going over Cena, at least the way he did it. Owens looked awesome, but Cena also didn't look bad in putting Owens over. Now I'm wondering if he has to give up the NXT Title like Paige gave up the Women's title when she got the call up? Or if there'll be a storyline about that?

Also, was it just me, or were Kofi's shoulders also down for 3 during the tag team chamber while Cesaro was being pinned? I've watched it twice and it definitely looks like it. When I saw it live, I was pumped for the PTP tag title run, then disappointed it wasn't acknowledged.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I also dozed off, right around the end of the the IC Title Chamber match. I woke up to see Ryback win, just vaguely, and was out before the next match started. Then I was in and out during the Rollins/Ambrose match, suddenly I see Ambrose leaving with the title and I'm just dumbfounded, going, "What? What? What?" in my head, but in what would've probably been an amazing reaction video out loud.<p> </p><p> I like Owens going over Cena, at least the way he did it. Owens looked awesome, but Cena also didn't look bad in putting Owens over. Now I'm wondering if he has to give up the NXT Title like Paige gave up the Women's title when she got the call up? Or if there'll be a storyline about that?</p><p> </p><p> Also, was it just me, or were Kofi's shoulders also down for 3 during the tag team chamber while Cesaro was being pinned? I've watched it twice and it definitely looks like it. When I saw it live, I was pumped for the PTP tag title run, then disappointed it wasn't acknowledged.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can't remember much of the IC match but it got real scrappy at times so it's possible that happened. Maybe they will turn it into an angle -- further sympathy for Brass Ring Club.</p><p> </p><p> Cena indeed looked good in defeat,especially with Owens being built as a more well-rounded Lesnar (destroying everyone in his way but with better mic skills and moveset). I believe Owens will be pulling double duty for a couple of months before dropping to Samoa Joe (who I expect to feud with Balor over the title after Balor turns heel). Shouldn't be too hard with the taping schedule but they have to be careful Owens doesn't get injured again.</p>

<p>I'll keep it short and simple with regards my EC thoughts.</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Chamber</p><p>

<em>Sloppy, messy, too pre-planned, too contrived, too silly. It didn't work.</em> <strong>*3/4</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Diva's Title</p><p>

<em>The Nikki special - competent, solid, largely unspectacular. Paige nearly killed herself trying to take Nikki's reverse Rana, a move that she never should have attempted in the first place! There's a reason Naito and Ibushi do that move, because they can do it, they know they can do it, and they can take it safely - for god's sake WWE.</em> <strong>*1/2</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Owens vs. Cena</p><p>

<em>Awesome. Star-making performance from Owens, he's the real deal. LOL @ Cena taking the pop-up powerbomb on his arse. It's a shame this had Cena's fingerprints all over it, right down to finisher kick-outs; it sucks for Owens that somebody kicked out of his finisher on his PPV debut, even if it was Cena.</em> <strong>****1/2</strong></p><p> </p><p>

I went to make a cuppa during Dallas vs. Neville.</p><p> </p><p>

IC Title Chamber</p><p>

<em>What a mess. Glass breaks, Henry comes in, Ziggler's loudly calls spots, everybody stalls whilst Sheamus is play-acting. Just like the tag chamber, it felt like they had a pre-planned story and everybody forgot their lines. Ryback win was nice and honestly, he was the only one that this dead crowd cared about.</em> <strong>*</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Ambrose vs. Rollins</p><p>

<em>Basically a TV match until the finish. Swerve, swerve, swerve, we'll see you in two weeks. I loved the last ten minutes though, perfect storytelling all round.</em> <strong>***</strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'll keep it short and simple with regards my EC thoughts.<p> </p><p> Owens vs. Cena</p><p> <em>Awesome. Star-making performance from Owens, he's the real deal. </em><em><strong>LOL @ Cena taking the pop-up powerbomb on his arse.</strong></em><em> It's a shame this had Cena's fingerprints all over it, right down to finisher kick-outs; it sucks for Owens that somebody kicked out of his finisher on his PPV debut, even if it was Cena.</em> <strong>****1/2</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think he was taking the pop-up powerbomb like that, because when he took it on RAW during Owens debut, it looked like his head hit the mat pretty hard. But that could just be me, but that was the first thought that came to mind.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RKOwnage" data-cite="RKOwnage" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bray Wyatt might as well be dancing and impersonating other wrestlers at this point. I don't like the "b" word getting thrown around so much, but he is six feet under right now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, no, he was six feet under after he lost to a streak-less Undertaker. He's about halfway to China now.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Elimination Chamber Review:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ryder vs Stardust</strong> - Random but solid match.</p><p>

<strong>Miz TV with Bryan</strong> - Vintage Miz. He needs a strong feud after the one with Sandow fizzled out.</p><p>

<strong>Elimination Chamber (Tag Team Championship)</strong> - Fun match but too sloppy at times. An average Lucha Underground match has way better executed high-flying spots. Overall the booking was fine. Ascension and PTP had strong showings. Only Los Matadores came out of the match looking poor.</p><p>

<strong>Nikki vs Naomi vs Paige (Divas Championship)</strong> - Solid match by main roster standards, although Naomi might have injured Paige. Only lasted 6 minutes but they made the most of it. Nikki should have lost.</p><p>

<strong>Owens vs Cena (US Championship)</strong> - Great match. Owens for the mother*****ing win! And he topped it off with a solid promo. Cena put him over big time. Owens is a made man in WWE unless Vince and Creative royally screw up going forward. Anyone for Lesnar vs Owens at Wrestlemania and Extreme Rules?</p><p>

<strong>Bo vs Neville</strong> - Good match. They work well together.</p><p>

<strong>Elimination Chamber (IC Championship)</strong> - Worst match of the show. It took a turn for the worse when Sheamus intentionally got stuck in his pod. The announcers didn't mention it and the other wrestlers seemed to be stalling. Ryback winning was OK but Sheamus should have won unless they're moving him up the card to feud with Reigns or Orton. Although a David vs Goliath feud with Neville could be fun.</p><p>

<strong>Rollins vs Ambrose (WWE Championship)</strong> - Great match. I loved the screwy finish, Reigns clearing house and Ambrose taking the belt. Shades of Briscoe/Cole in ROH. In fact they should have Ambrose get a belt created for himself and declare himself the Real WWE Champ.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Verdict:</span></strong> Solid PPV even though the Chamber matches didn't live up to the hype. The quick prep time was probably to blame. The 2 most important matches (IMO) delivered. The crowd mostly sucked.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://33.media.tumblr.com/306643e9bbca1cc38acf59fa767ed34f/tumblr_np8rxq8y1G1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif</span><span>http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/fan_shot_images/387760/CGYiuMsW0AEYs8L.0.0.jpg</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Elimination Chamber Review:</span></strong><p> </p><p> <strong>Ryder vs Stardust</strong> - Random but solid match.</p><p> <strong>Miz TV with Bryan</strong> - Vintage Miz. He needs a strong feud after the one with Sandow fizzled out.</p><p> <strong>Elimination Chamber (Tag Team Championship)</strong> - Fun match but too sloppy at times. An average Lucha Underground match has way better executed high-flying spots. Overall the booking was fine. Ascension and PTP had strong showings. Only Los Matadores came out of the match looking poor.</p><p> <strong>Nikki vs Naomi vs Paige (Divas Championship)</strong> - Solid match by main roster standards, although Naomi might have injured Paige. Only lasted 6 minutes but they made the most of it. Nikki should have lost.</p><p> <strong>Owens vs Cena (US Championship)</strong> - Great match. Owens for the mother*****ing win! And he topped it off with a solid promo. Cena put him over big time. Owens is a made man in WWE unless Vince and Creative royally screw up going forward. Anyone for Lesnar vs Owens at Wrestlemania and Extreme Rules?</p><p> <strong>Bo vs Neville</strong> - Good match. They work well together.</p><p> <strong>Elimination Chamber (IC Championship)</strong> - Worst match of the show. It took a turn for the worse when Sheamus intentionally got stuck in his pod. The announcers didn't mention it and the other wrestlers seemed to be stalling. Ryback winning was OK but Sheamus should have won unless they're moving him up the card to feud with Reigns or Orton. Although a David vs Goliath feud with Neville could be fun.</p><p> <strong>Rollins vs Ambrose (WWE Championship)</strong> - Great match. I loved the screwy finish, Reigns clearing house and Ambrose taking the belt. Shades of Briscoe/Cole in ROH. In fact they should have Ambrose get a belt created for himself and declare himself the Real WWE Champ.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Verdict:</span></strong> Solid PPV even though the Chamber matches didn't live up to the hype. The quick prep time was probably to blame. The 2 most important matches (IMO) delivered. The crowd mostly sucked.</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://33.media.tumblr.com/306643e9bbca1cc38acf59fa767ed34f/tumblr_np8rxq8y1G1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif</span><span>http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/fan_shot_images/387760/CGYiuMsW0AEYs8L.0.0.jpg</span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea that crowd sucked but I think the positioning of the John Cena vs. Kevin Owens match should have went Semi Main that night! It really burned the crowd out at that point and they didn't seemed reengaged until Rollins vs. Ambrose.</p>

Raw Review:

Opening segment - I really hope it is Ambrose vs Rollins with no interference at MITB. Time for Rollins to win or lose on his own.

Reigns vs Barrett - Solid match. Result was never in doubt, though, with Barrett being a glorified jobber.

Ryback/Miz/Show - I'm glad somone stepped in. It was lazy booking giving Miz a title shot for no reason. That was Show's worst KO punch ever.

Owens & Cena - Both guys delivered in this segment. Super Cena mention was pure gold and Cena's "Never give up" reversal on Owens was great.

New Day vs Ziggler & PTP - Good matches. Titus kicked ass. New Day as MITB champs would be fun. "So-nic-shakes... so-nic-shakes... so-nic-shakes..."

Reigns vs Henry - Weakest of his 3 matches.

Paige vs Nikki (Divas Championship) - This is the match we should have had at the PPV, aside from the ending. Nikki is not a natural babyface but she's good enough in the ring she shouldn't need to use heel tactics. Why did they bother turning the Bellas in the first place?

Orton vs Sheamus - Good match. Looks like Sheamus might get a big push.

Bo vs Neville - Solid match. Bo should have won to keep the feud going.

Reigns vs Bray - Good match but shame Bray had to lose. Ambrose bit was predictable but fun.

Verdict: Solid show. Some of the booking was stupid but it kept me entertained.

http://i.imgur.com/E79DqoT.gifhttp://33.media.tumblr.com/5dd6b1cbadc15aaeb22a9886fa487579/tumblr_npan52N6dO1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gifhttp://38.media.tumblr.com/f155d0fe9199265f77502117eb3043ca/tumblr_npaow0Fwp31rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif