The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Over at EWB, there tends to be individual promotion threads while the major news (Shane/Linda quit, major signings/departures or injuries), so I guess that'd be how this'll work.

from reading the one that got closed before Adam opened this I took it to mean all things WWE needed to happen in here.

Partial Source: PWInsider

Mark and Jay Briscoe had an informal tryout at last night's WWE Smackdown/ECW tapings in Philadelphia.

Both men are under contract to ROH, but were given permission to do the tryout as when WWE extended the invitation.

Becky Bayless, who has worked for both ROH and SHIMMER, also had a tryout at last night's Smackdown/ECW tapings.

Mark Cuban does RAW

Dec. 7, 2009: Mark Cuban

Instead of humoring the NBA Universe with his infinite antics and making authoritative basketball decisions for one night, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will spend time delegating responsibility to WWE Superstars when he hosts Raw on Dec. 7 from Dallas. - source: 411mania.com

MONKEYPOX WAS RIGHT.

Mark Cuban does RAW

Dec. 7, 2009: Mark Cuban

Instead of humoring the NBA Universe with his infinite antics and making authoritative basketball decisions for one night, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will spend time delegating responsibility to WWE Superstars when he hosts Raw on Dec. 7 from Dallas. - source: 411mania.com

MONKEYPOX WAS RIGHT.

Vern Troyer is going to host also...

Should be intresting to see the interaction with him, big show and hornswoggle.

oh you know he will.... Hornswoggle vs the new champ, and recently heel turned at Survivor Series... Shawn Michaels

:eek:

I'd mark out like crazy if HBK were to come away with the belt.... but... In reality, the only DX member who could walk away with the title is Triple H. Sadly.

The again, maybe HBK wins the title... Hunter turns jelous... Attacks Shawn... And we have another HBK/HHH feud. Then again, that being said, I don't see this either as DX pulls in a lot of merch.... Especially this close to Christmas.

I'd mark out like crazy if HBK were to come away with the belt.... but... In reality, the only DX member who could walk away with the title is Triple H. Sadly.

The again, maybe HBK wins the title... Hunter turns jelous... Attacks Shawn... And we have another HBK/HHH feud. Then again, that being said, I don't see this either as DX pulls in a lot of merch.... Especially this close to Christmas.

Hm, is it possible to build from Survivor Series a Wrestlemania matchup based around the falling out between HHH and HBK? I wonder....

Also, Ted Dibiase is due to be turned soon, considering The Marine 2 comes out before the end of the year ('a few days after Christmas, ****in' morons' is what I've heard from retail friends).

Hm, is it possible to build from Survivor Series a Wrestlemania matchup based around the falling out between HHH and HBK? I wonder....

Also, Ted Dibiase is due to be turned soon, considering The Marine 2 comes out before the end of the year ('a few days after Christmas, ****in' morons' is what I've heard from retail friends).

That'd be interesting to see the two face off at Wrestlemania. I know they've taking eachother on billions of times by now... but... that being said, I'd still mark out over it. ha.

Also, I must have missed something. Ted Dibiase is going to be in a WWE Movie? Didn't see that coming...

Source: PWTorch

Former WWE champion "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson says he's working with WWE on creating a special TV episode that would be beyond just guest-hosting an episode of Raw. Johnson was vague on the details during a radio appearance this morning, but hinted he'll be working with WWE on a significant project.

"I love that world and being able to entertain, especially if I could go back whether it's on Smackdown and do a promo or guest-host or we could create this cool show, whatever that may be," Johnson said on the Jack Diamond Morning Show in Washington, D.C. "Especially now, I'm at the point where I can go back and give back to the fans and help out the guys in any way I can."

Johnson said he currently has a "great relationship" with Vince McMahon and WWE to where he's working closely with WWE on creating apparently a special episode of WWE TV.

"Right now we're trying to put together - there is always something cool and interesting for me to do. I would like to do something more than just host the show," Johnson said. "I'm in the process of creating something really cool for the fans - something very special and unique. It will be something like one big entertaining show."

I thought he wasn't suppose to go near that (wrestling). lol

I thought he wasn't suppose to go near that (wrestling). lol

He wasn't... back when he was trying to create the image of himself being a serious actor. Apparently he feels he's accomplished that, so he feels safe to do a little wrasslin' for fun. Which is awesome news in my book. His promo he did on the 10th Anniversary of Smackdown was great. Wrestling would be lucky to have him back, even for a little while.

P.S. Just finished watching ECW. Still struggling to get used to the new ring announcer. I'm terrified she's going to mess up and embarrass herself every second... Really takes away from my glee at Zack Ryder's entrance music.

P.P.S Zack Ryder promo to kick off the show??? Woo Woo Woo. You know it!

Also, I must have missed something. Ted Dibiase is going to be in a WWE Movie? Didn't see that coming...

It's been in the can for almost a year now. Orton was supposed to do it but that was around the time he was out with the collarbone injury that got Kennedy fired.

It's the sequel to Cena's first movie.

Maybe they are banking on the post-christmas rush and hoping that kids use up their gift cards on it.

There are quite a few releases going that route btw. Jennifer's Body, Moon, and 9. In fact usually, the week after christmas has some unconventional dvd, and cd releases to try and capitalize on this. I'm not sure that is the case this year though.

Anyway,

I know last season the post-christmas rush really helped out the holliday retail figures and the purchase of gift cards saw a significant increase. Could be they were hoping the trend would continue.

Maybe they are banking on the post-christmas rush and hoping that kids use up their gift cards on it.

There are quite a few releases going that route btw. Jennifer's Body, Moon, and 9. In fact usually, the week after christmas has some unconventional dvd, and cd releases to try and capitalize on this. I'm not sure that is the case this year though.

Anyway,

I know last season the post-christmas rush really helped out the holliday retail figures and the purchase of gift cards saw a significant increase. Could be they were hoping the trend would continue.

Yeah but this holiday season is expected to be soft. There aren't nearly as many 'must have' items (ala Beanie Babies, Tickle Me Elmo, Sing & Snore Ernie, new consoles, etc) this year. So (some) retailers are kinda pissed about people banking on post-Christmas activity when that's traditionally the time they cut prices to the quick to get (leftover) stuff out the door. If they released during the official holiday shopping season, the stores could run promotions to help move units. Post-Christmas, aint nobody tryin' to hear anything but '75% off' or BOGO in this economy. At least that's the perspective of some larger retailers. "Spokesmen are like politicians. It's their job to bend the truth and outright lie because the truth is ugly as my mother-in-law" (direct quote from the manager of a Best Buy).