The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

2 hours ago, DinoKea said:

Lashley tried being heel not that long ago and it absolutely, well and truly did not work. Not in the slightest. If you try and turn him again his run with the Street Profits becomes more awkward. If you try to run it as a face v face it would likely be clunky and probably wouldn't do all that much to establish Cody.

Edit: Also, completely forgot. Bobby's whole story with Karrion Kross is partially about how Bobby's losing the spotlight to the Street Profits and despite being a former world champion is fading into the background.

Having the Street Profits is the most entertaining bit about Lashley in years. Really good wrestler. But not entertaining. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Lashley isn't supposed to be entertaining. He should be booked to go out there and wreck people.

I don’t need him to tell jokes, but even when it comes to wrecking people he wasn’t the best at that either. He has been meh for a while. Build him up as a monster and after Summerslam I could take him as a serious threat to Cody’s title. But if he isn’t going to win anyway, why waste it now?

Even MMA is better with characters.

Edited by CQI13
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt_Black said:

Lashley isn't supposed to be entertaining. He should be booked to go out there and wreck people.

I enjoyed a lot his US title run when he pretty much did that! But also agree that as WWE/World champ carrying a show he needs a talker w/ him to not making him boring after a couple of weeks. Side note: am I the only one thinking his Spear is pretty bad?

4 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Side note: am I the only one thinking his Spear is pretty bad?

Can't be any worse than Edge's. One WhatCulture guy (not Simon) once described it as something like "tenderly embracing his opponent before gently lowering them to the ground."

1 hour ago, Matt_Black said:

Can't be any worse than Edge's. One WhatCulture guy (not Simon) once described it as something like "tenderly embracing his opponent before gently lowering them to the ground."

At least Lashley’s body type could believably deliver the move (if he could make it look better). People like Edge and Charlotte have no business doing a move like that. 

I remember watching that clip, and it is impossible to see it as anything else now.

12 hours ago, CQI13 said:

At least Lashley’s body type could believably deliver the move (if he could make it look better). People like Edge and Charlotte have no business doing a move like that.

Ricky Starks' spear tends to look pretty good, on average, given his size.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CQI13 said:

I remember watching that clip, and it is impossible to see it as anything else now.

Charlotte doing it works for me since the women are smaller than the guys I still believe it does damage.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Charlotte doing it works for me since the women are smaller than the guys I still believe it does damage.

Yeah. While not the big powerhouse like Nia Jax, Piper Niven, or Jade Cargill, Charlotte is bigger than the average competitor in the women's division, and it doesn't look like she's trying to give them a hug.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Yeah. While not the big powerhouse like Nia Jax, Piper Niven, or Jade Cargill, Charlotte is bigger than the average competitor in the women's division, and it doesn't look like she's trying to give them a hug.

38 minutes ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

I will have to go back to watch it but you guys are probably right. Maybe it’s just my bias on that when I grew up seeing Rhyno and Goldberg doing it. And admittedly the Goldberg one might be seen through rose colored glasses of when he was on top at WCW. Rhino is just next level though. 

On 4/21/2024 at 11:35 AM, Matt_Black said:

What I'd like to know is, why not Lashley? He can work face or heel, he's a guy who can have solid good matches with just about anyone, and I'd say he does have a bit of credibility (the Karrion Kross vortex of suck notwithstanding).

I think he lost a match once so I can't take him seriously as a challenger ever again.

• Haha 4

Becky Lynch winning was a safe bet. 

It would be fine if not for the fact that I'm tired of seeing the four horsewomen winning the title each time they need a plan B. I mean, I can tolerate Bayley because she didn't win a title for a long time, but Becky and Charlotte are starting to get "go-away" heat from me because good lord I want them out of the title picture for at least a year.

5 hours ago, GooverDan said:

Becky Lynch winning was a safe bet. 

It would be fine if not for the fact that I'm tired of seeing the four horsewomen winning the title each time they need a plan B. I mean, I can tolerate Bayley because she didn't win a title for a long time, but Becky and Charlotte are starting to get "go-away" heat from me because good lord I want them out of the title picture for at least a year.

But Becky has been out of the title picture for over a year. She came back at survivor series a couple years ago and then spent all of last year doing other things until she got back into it for mania this year. Like you said she’s the safe bet to carry the title in this situation but aside from Charlotte I don’t think the others have been over used as far as championships go. 

• Like 3

See I would’ve agreed about Liv in January or February but after the chamber match she’s just been unbearably annoying to me in all the worst ways. I don’t know what it is cause before I really bought the whole so focused on revenge she would risk and do anything but now I just don’t care about her. 

Yeah, that's an interesting direction they're taking things.

When Rhea comes back the fans are going to make her a face (more than she already is), and I don't think Dom should be turning any time soon given he's one of the hottest heels in the company. So I wonder if he's betraying Rhea for Liv

• Like 4

On 4/24/2024 at 8:57 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

The FTC announced a ban on Non Competes. It’s getting challenged in court but if it does stick it’d be interesting to see its effect on pro wrestling as a whole.

Don't think it will affect much, my understanding is that at least WWE (and I assume the other companies as well) give a 90-day notice of termination, meaning they are still under contract for 90 days more, and getting paid, before their contracts are terminated and they are free to do whatever they want.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dawn said:

Oh man, thankfully they will have a no disqualification match on the show people are paying to see!

A) People paid to see last night's show, or do you think that the WWE gives away all those tickets?

B) The WWE can and has had "no-disqualification" matches end in disqualification, like they did for 2 years running at Hell In A Cell.