The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

2 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

And everyone told that was stupid af, what's your point on this Matt? 😂

Oh, well since the WWE always learns their lesson... Like the time they tried to put Batista, fresh off his success in Hollywood, into the main event of Wrestlemania and were shocked that the fans turned on him. It's a good thing they never tried anything like that again!

1 minute ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Why is it so difficult to book a realistic and interesting draft? Carmelo Hayes over Randy Orton, Nia Jax over LA Knight or the Bloodline for Smackdown lmao zero sense kayfabe-wise, same BS with RAW picks.

The #1 contender for the Universal Title wasn't drafted until Round 4!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhalbur said:

Yeah, pro wrestling is known for never overhyping anything...

There's wrestling hyperbole, and then there's just flat-out bull *STEAM WHISTLE*.

Unless the talent in question is eating up nearly an entire division for a year and then flitting off to greener pastures once you realize you have to start putting people over.

She has an insane brand of physical charisma, and they're clearly invested in her as a major player not only of the division but of the company as a whole for years to come. She is the very definition of looking like a star, so in that sense I wholeheartedly agree that she is ''once in a lifetime''. 

• Like 4

Oh, yeah, she's got a terrific look. She's also subpar in the ring and on the mic. That makes her little different from all the big fellas Vince tried to hot-shot to the main event picture over the years unsuccessfully. I'll admit she has a knack for getting herself over, but that usually comes at the expense of other workers. Two and a half years in AEW and the only one who benefited from Jade Cargill's massive push was... Cargill.

On 4/28/2024 at 8:34 PM, Matt_Black said:

Being drafted ahead of AJ Styles.

Yeah as I said this Draft made no sense from start to finish. Just happy w/ Smackdown roster as it's the show I watched the most, but will watch Raw here and there for Punk, Drew and Gunther probably.

17 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Jade Cargill is a "Once In A Lifetime Generational Talent"?!?

I mean if I were the booker I wouldn't promote her any other way but this.

She's probably top three ever when it comes down to having such a muscular and lean physique, she looks like a million dollar, and visually she definitely stands out more than 99% of the WWE women's roster. Main goal of a pro wrestling company is building superstars and Jade has that X-Factor visually, now she need to become at least decent in the ring to prosper.

Edited by Wrestling Machine

If you ask me, they need to return the draft for how it used to be. Everybody being a free agent for the draft all so they can put them back on their brand is dumb. The old way to do it should be GMs choosing from a lottery while everybody whose on a brand who doesn't get drafted, stays on their show. It should though start, not on a RAW or SmackDown show. Rather that it's a web show on Wednesday and it's supplemental draft on Thursday, and final trades by Saturday. I say all of this because it's... Not worth TV time nowadays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but something I just thought of in the month leading into the draft have like 2-3 matches each raw and smackdown where the winner can decide to become eligible for the draft or opt to stay making the loser draft eligible. They could do it with tag teams, women, have some drama with a team that wins an 8 man tag and maybe some want to leave the brand setting up a feud. 

12 hours ago, guyver3 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but something I just thought of in the month leading into the draft have like 2-3 matches each raw and smackdown where the winner can decide to become eligible for the draft or opt to stay making the loser draft eligible. They could do it with tag teams, women, have some drama with a team that wins an 8 man tag and maybe some want to leave the brand setting up a feud. 

They used to do this. 3 hour Raw shows with brand vs brand matches and end with a battle royal.

Obviously the draft is nonsense - my bugbear being able to pick whole stables. I don't think a "random" lottery really works any better. So what should it be? The GMs and Triple H coming and and saying they're shaking the rosters up and announcing a huge trade? Not very exciting, but you can probably get a few matches out of it for a show as someone tries to win to stay / go, run an outsiders storyline on one of the brands for the newbies... it's not great, but the draft also isn't. Anyone got any better ideas?

1 hour ago, FellaLibby said:

They used to do this. 3 hour Raw shows with brand vs brand matches and end with a battle royal.

Weren’t those just the winners brand got like a random pick from the other brand? That’s what I remember from those dark times but how I was intending it would be you have the matches leading up to the draft so you know you have this specific pool of say 24 men if they only did men’s singles matches that are eligible to be picked. It would definitely work better as like an hour special maybe YouTube or something just GMs making selections or trades

I went to my first WWE Live event yesterday in Italy!! Sold out 15k arena was pretty hot imo, let’s hope WWE could bring back a Raw or SmackDown here!

Card was:

Zayn def. Kaiser for the Intercontinental title

Bianca, Cargill, Naomi def. Dakota, Asuka, Kairi

Solo, Tonga def LA Knight, Orton [Tama Tonga first WWE match?] 

Priest def Gunther, Gable, Jey Uso in a Fatal 4-Way for the World Heavyweight title

R-Truth, The Miz def Balor, JD for the World Tag Team title 

Becky def Nia Jax for the Women’s World title 

Cody def Nakamura for the Undisputed WWE title

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I went to my first WWE Live event yesterday in Italy!! Sold out 15k arena was pretty hot imo, let’s hope WWE could bring back a Raw or SmackDown here!

Card was:

Priest def Gunther, Gable, Jey Uso in a Fatal 4-Way for the World Heavyweight title

Did you snap any pics? Any videos? 

6 hours ago, Sisma said:

Did you snap any pics? Any videos? 

I usually don't take pics or videos during holidays, trips, events, concerts, etc. as I just kinda enjoy the moment! But luckily my friend I was there with made some videos and he sent me those (especially Jey Uso entrance, Cody Rhodes entrance) ;) 

Anyone going to Backlash France?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Card was:

That sounds like it was awesome! Unfortunately Jericho punted our flag 12 years ago and they've never been back since 💀

Edited by Dawn
  • Haha 1

I love international PPVs, mostly due to crowds. Keep giving us this international backlash PPVs for hot crowds, I love it. It just improves the overall experience so much.  

I am not too fond of the surprise debut but hey, someone needs to take pins for Solo's Bloodline, and at least said person won't be stinking up the joint in G1 anymore, that's cool. 

Jade is so green, could have used another year or two in PC. I guess WWE gave her a great contract with the main roster push baked in due to how hot AEW was at that point. 

3 hours ago, SanX said:

Jade is so green, could have used another year or two in PC. I guess WWE gave her a great contract with the main roster push baked in due to how hot AEW was at that point. 

Actually, by the time she signed, AEW had cooled off a bit. Injuries, lower attendance, lower ratings. The huge, massive turnout at All In was a bit of a blip.

At least WWE has the good sense to keep her in tag matches, for the most part, with the exception of that one really quick squash with Chelsea. Her solo matches in AEW were... Well.