The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

On 5/9/2024 at 8:25 AM, PaperMachete said:

Really gonna be interesting with the presumed Bloodline civil war. It's not out of the question that we can get:

Roman, Jimmy, Jey, Sami, unknown (and the story of Roman trying to make up for his sins with the Usos and Sami will be great)
vs
Solo, Tama, Tanga Loa, Fatu, Hikuleo (who I presume will be signed as soon as it's possible)

or maybe 4v4 with Fatu being face and Sami out of the picture. Or The Rock in there somewhere. There are so many options.

I think Jacob Fatu is a Can't-Miss Prospect as a heel, but it is also true that with Solo Sikoa and Tama Tonga already there, his brutality would be less noticeable. I can see him as Roman or Rocky's enforcer used to deal with Solo's revolution and aim to the Head of the Table, but not as a classic babyface.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I think Jacob Fatu is a Can't-Miss Prospect as a heel, but it is also true that with Solo Sikoa and Tama Tonga already there, his brutality would be less noticeable. I can see him as Roman or Rocky's enforcer used to deal with Solo's revolution and aim to the Head of the Table, but not as a classic babyface.

One of the things I read online is that they are having Solo be more violent now because Jacob could outshine him in that department.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrestling Machine said:

So it looks like Cody vs Logan will be for the Undisputed WWE title AND the United States title! Thoughts?

I don't get why they would do this, it makes no sense to give Cody both belts, or for Paul to lose the US title with no build up. I guess we are getting some sort of DQ ending so that the titles don't switch hands. 

4 hours ago, Sisma said:

I don't get why they would do this, it makes no sense to give Cody both belts, or for Paul to lose the US title with no build up. I guess we are getting some sort of DQ ending so that the titles don't switch hands. 

My guess is AJ interferes, and then LA Knight gets involved somehow. Or KO gets involved when Logan Paul tries to cheat. Can't see a clean win coming out of it, and it's fine. I don't mind DQs/Non-finishes as long as it's both of the following - it's logical AND it's not overdone for the wrestler.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

What… what if Logan Paul wins?

For a throwaway PPV defence, they are surely holding the audience hostage with this. People know no one is safe because of Jinder and 99% of the time either stip will change or a DQ will end the match but that 1% is still there.

Edited by SanX
forgot the word match/defence
  • Like 1

I understand those who are unhappy with this choice, and I consider it a reasonable point of view.

On the other hand, however, I personally much prefer this solution to seeing Cody defend his Undisputed WWE title strap against a random opponent with 0 chance of winning. Will we see Cody 2 Belts? Will Logan Paul succeed in the phantasmagorical task of defeating Cody, who I assume would win the title back in a short time? Will it all end in a DQ? At least now I have a reason to see the PLE lol and Cody will have something to do! 

Of course, it all comes from the fact that when the story ended, they didn't plan a nice feud for the Nightmare and he was floating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I understand those who are unhappy with this choice, and I consider it a reasonable point of view.

On the other hand, however, I personally much prefer this solution to seeing Cody defend his Undisputed WWE title strap against a random opponent with 0 chance of winning. Will we see Cody 2 Belts? Will Logan Paul succeed in the phantasmagorical task of defeating Cody, who I assume would win the title back in a short time? Will it all end in a DQ? At least now I have a reason to see the PLE lol and Cody will have something to do! 

Of course, it all comes from the fact that when the story ended, they didn't plan a nice feud for the Nightmare and he was floating.

I still think we could see Styles as his first long term feud, but it's getting broken up with other matches in between. LA Knight finds his footing with the US Title, and you have KO turn on Orton to have that going forward. It could work.

• Like 2

A rather boring RAW last night, especially with little star power a main event that was a big miss imo. 15 minutes of wild messy brawl, a suicide dive, an over-abused chop trading in the middle of the ring, and little heat from the crowd. Am I the only one who doesn't get this Dragunov hype? IDK to me he seems to do pure random striking without a bit of storytelling to engage the me nor the audience, seems phony on how he acts, and his “invicible” gimmick doesn't convince me on a 5 ft 10, 200lb(?) guy. I just can't buy it.

1 hour ago, Wrestling Machine said:

A rather boring RAW last night, especially with little star power a main event that was a big miss imo. 15 minutes of wild messy brawl, a suicide dive, an over-abused chop trading in the middle of the ring, and little heat from the crowd. Am I the only one who doesn't get this Dragunov hype? IDK to me he seems to do pure random striking without a bit of storytelling to engage the me nor the audience, seems phony on how he acts, and his “invicible” gimmick doesn't convince me on a 5 ft 10, 200lb(?) guy. I just can't buy it.

Ilya Dragunov is a Gunther type of wrestler, the big difference is he makes up for his size with intensity. It doesn't help that he needed to carry Jey Uso. 

Yes, Jey's charisma is amazing, but his solo matches have been anything but. I don't blame WWE for trying to rinse this Main Event run, but the quicker he's back in tag action the better.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 11:10 AM, CQI13 said:

My guess is AJ interferes, and then LA Knight gets involved somehow. Or KO gets involved when Logan Paul tries to cheat. Can't see a clean win coming out of it, and it's fine. I don't mind DQs/Non-finishes as long as it's both of the following - it's logical AND it's not overdone for the wrestler.

Yeah, smells like a double DQ/brawl finish. Which is fine for a Saudi show to me. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I...am legitimately so sick of babyface Bianca, gang. Lmao

She is admittedly producing spectacularly in the ring, so it's better than many folks who have had go away heat with me in the past. But character wise she is unpalatable to me right now. They had to make Jade lose (even if by DQ) this soon to accomodate for Bianca going far in the tourney, while Tiffany looks like a fool for losing to a one legged woman.

If she wins QOTR just give her everything else so I can stop watching SmackDown already...when DID Raw and SD switch places when it comes to which show is the better booked of the two (outside of Cody and Roman less Bloodline it's just not a very interesting show atm)...why isn't Naomi in this spot? She would actually benefit from this accomplishment, man...

Edited by Dawn

On 5/17/2024 at 11:15 PM, Dawn said:

I...am legitimately so sick of babyface Bianca, gang. Lmao

She is admittedly producing spectacularly in the ring, so it's better than many folks who have had go away heat with me in the past. But character wise she is unpalatable to me right now. They had to make Jade lose (even if by DQ) this soon to accomodate for Bianca going far in the tourney, while Tiffany looks like a fool for losing to a one legged woman.

If she wins QOTR just give her everything else so I can stop watching SmackDown already...when DID Raw and SD switch places when it comes to which show is the better booked of the two (outside of Cody and Roman less Bloodline it's just not a very interesting show atm)...why isn't Naomi in this spot? She would actually benefit from this accomplishment, man...

At least she’s not playing the “so happy to be champ” bit she did the first time around. With her talent and athleticism she is infinitely better suited as an “I am better than you  and I will tell you about it” heel. 

• Like 1