The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

....So Triple H wins the belt and flaunts it out there. Vince claims Roman is a broken man and then Stephanie tells everyone there is an evaluation for the main event of Fastlane. Gives the main event to the two last guys that appear on screen and one that was not even in the building?

Are they even trying to have a cohesive story? Nobody questioned this logic before they spew it on tv? With the popularity of shows like Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory and NCIS that tell cohesive stories they decided to go the route of "It's Wrestlemania season and our fans are stupid..." Are you wondering why you can't get big ratings anymore WWE? You continue to insult the intelligence of your fans. They went from "making sense" with the Triple H rumble win (that is not a very good justification IMO) to throwing sense out the window and backing a bus over it several times.

First thing I thought when I saw that part was that Lana was still being punished for their engagement announcement appearing on TMZ. And what better way for Vince to continue to do so then by implying she is slutty.

If we are going to pick on women for appearing to be sluts I don't remember anyone hating on AJ Lee when she was juggling Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Kane, John Cena and Dolph Zigller around at the same time. Good god people need to pick their battles better!

....So Triple H wins the belt and flaunts it out there. Vince claims Roman is a broken man and then Stephanie tells everyone there is an evaluation for the main event of Fastlane. Gives the main event to the two last guys that appear on screen and one that was not even in the building?

Lesnar's involvement in the Main Event would of made sense with a quick backstage segment with Heyman showing he had some kind of negotiations with The Authority.

Lesnar's involvement in the Main Event would of made sense with a quick backstage segment with Heyman showing he had some kind of negotiations with The Authority.

The thing is they don't even care enough to throw that in there. Why even hold the theme up the whole night of "impressing" the authority only to give a shot to a guy that doesn't even cut a promo.

If they were going based off the most "impressive" performances then Fastlane would have been AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens or even The Rock vs. The New Day....I really want WWE to make sense when they put it out there.

Jericho was blown up within 5 minutes on raw. I don't think I want to see him in an hour long match

Yea Jericho wasnt in too good of shape on raw. That and the man is in his 40s so I doubt he will be able to pull the matches like he could years back. I see maybe another 2 years at most before he hangs it up for good.

Anyone find Triple H's promo watchable? Playing up the Vince getting attacked card didn't seem very heel like. I think after watching Triple H since I couldnt form a proper sentence all the way up to now where I'm 21, I'm finally sick of listening to his promos. At least it wasn't long and drawn out like title reigns of past involving him.

I'm still waiting for him to say something along the lines of, "I'm the champ because I am THAT - DAMN - GOOD!" *sigh*

That was more of a retelling of History, It wasn't Triple H vs Sting. It was the telling of WCW vs WWF/E in a match, which is why Triple H/WWE won.

Yet, beforehand, Sting made sure to point out it was NOT about WCW. But suddenly, during the match, it was...I had no issues with Hunter winning, personally, but the WCW vs. WWE aspect felt lazy, like something taken off of Vince's pants at the last second because he said so.

Yea Jericho wasnt in too good of shape on raw. That and the man is in his 40s so I doubt he will be able to pull the matches like he could years back. I see maybe another 2 years at most before he hangs it up for good.

I'm usually pretty bad at spotting wrestlers communicating to each other in the ring, but there was a spot were they kind of didn't seem sure and they Irish whipped each other twice then the camera went right into Jericho talking into AJ's ear :o

Jericho was blown up within 5 minutes on raw. I don't think I want to see him in an hour long match

to be fair he is 40+ and was the second longest person in the rumble though and he looked fresh nearly that whole time.

and @BHK

Styles was in contact with TNA and Karl Anderson was the only other one who actually made it to a written contract, neither signed obviously. TNA had some good talent that now they know can use as because some said earlier TNA is no longer on WWE radar. If they ever really were honestly, cuz lets be honest did they ever get even close? I say that and I liked TNA

Not really stranged they hired a huge free agent when theyre missing most of the big name roster and they have a lot of older guys anyways

You say that but they sure seem interested in former TNA talent. I also read that the moment TNA became interested in Styles and the other Bullet Club members the WWE swooped in and signed them.

Seems a bit TNA Mecca-ish to say that the moment TNA became interested in Styles & the Bullet Club WWE swooped in.

Dudes were killing it in New Japan and WWE just launched the network over there. Getting big names from NJPW means you have a higher chance of people tuning in to see those names.

TNA are about as big on WWE's radar as like, this board. RoH is the new target if you go by NXT running the same venues/striking up a deal with EVOLVE.

NXT does well to take ROH's place in my heart. I feel bad for them, but I honestly can't afford to purchase their PPV's. In Europe, what they're asking (and what WWE used to ask) is an obscene amount and will never be ordered by continental Europeans (with a few exeptions probably) because of broadcast traditions here.

I also don't believe WWE ever cared about TNA. They see it as merely an inferior product to what they're offering. They also don't care about TNA's homegrown talent. AJ seems like one of the exeptions now, but his time on ROH was more impressive imo.

Speaking of that, it'll be a painful summer for ROH who is overl reliant on NJPW talent (which WWE now has ROH's two top draws of last year). On top of that 2/3s of their next PPV main event will probably be in WWE by the fall.

ROH have proved for almost 15 years they can make stars. That is the American Indy meccha and is still the place where guys come out of their shell. They are this generation's ECW and WWE doesn't want to disturb that. WWE does cherry pick their main event scene but if they really wanted to squash them they would just buy them out.

I don't think you have been paying attention to ROH lately

They are offering exclusive deals now. They got on national TV last year which led to WWE locking up Samoa Joe for fear that he'd be on their national TV show. WWE HAS been disrupting them for months now

They run big NXT shows head to head with big ROH shows at the same time now, they put exclusivity clauses in buildings which would lock ROH out of them, and if we're being honest, they get much more use out of Indy stars than ROH since they want to use their terrible pay to play dojo system which renders half of their undercards terrible.