The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Well the last shred of my interest in the company as a whole is gone today. I haven't seen a full episode of RAW since before WM 30. I saw the one recently where Rock returned because I thought MAYBE it would be Bryan that would return instead. Really such a shame. The guy really got ****ed over by the WWE.

I wish him the best. And I hope he does in fact work again. In fact I'm sure he will once the contract expires. I'll support the guy and watch him wherever he goes. I just know the E just dropped the ball on their most over babyface and certainly lost this viewer.

He went for more tests on the Thursday before Royal Rumble. These were timing tests, they test the pathways of the brain. He got the results back on January 28th (the Thursday after Royal Rumble) and well... obviously they weren't good. The results were scary enough to finally convince him that retirement was the right move.

He's finished for good.

He went for more tests on the Thursday before Royal Rumble. These were timing tests, they test the pathways of the brain. He got the results back on January 28th (the Thursday after Royal Rumble) and well... obviously they weren't good. The results were scary enough to finally convince him that retirement was the right move.

He's finished for good.

From what I've read, Bryan tried to give his notice, but was not only blocked, the WWE froze his contract so that time would not elapse. Retirement was his only way out of that situation.

If this is true, than this probably means he will wrestle again when his contract is up.

From what I've read, Bryan tried to give his notice, but was not only blocked, the WWE froze his contract so that time would not elapse. Retirement was his only way out of that situation.

If this is true, than this probably means he will wrestle again when his contract is up.

Not exactly true. His contract wasn't frozen when his notice was rejected, it was frozen when he got injured (as per WWE's policy). WWE's doctor rejected his notice because WWE are scared about concussion lawsuits and the likes. Letting Bryan wrestle elsewhere is a bad idea for all parties involved because pro wrestlers never know just how hurt they are.

William Regal:

In 2004 I wrote in my book that the proudest thing in my career was having a hand in the training of Brian Danielson.,now Daniel Bryan.That fact still hasn't changed.He's had an unmatched career and changed the world of Pro Wrestling and Sports Entertainment.On top of that he is one of the nicest people I have ever met and a truly great man.I can't ever see a time when he wont be a part of my life.What a lucky man I am.

Dang it Regal, quit chopping those onions.

This certainly looks legit to me but if it were a work it would be best the best damn work of all time. An Owens vs Bryan Retirement match at Wrestlemania would be epic.

Here's KO's tweet:

"The respect I have for you is unmeasurable. You were good to Generico and I when you didn’t have to be…#BestInTheWorld #ThankYouDanielBryan"

Not exactly true. His contract wasn't frozen when his notice was rejected, it was frozen when he got injured (as per WWE's policy). WWE's doctor rejected his notice because WWE are scared about concussion lawsuits and the likes. Letting Bryan wrestle elsewhere is a bad idea for all parties involved because pro wrestlers never know just how hurt they are.

I don't doubt the first part of what you said, but I feel like not letting Bryan wrestle elsewhere has more to do with the WWE "protecting their asset." Basically if he can't work for them, he can't work for anyone else. Which is as childish as it is impractical.

Of course this is all speculation.

I don't doubt the first part of what you said, but I feel like not letting Bryan wrestle elsewhere has more to do with the WWE "protecting their asset." Basically if he can't work for them, he can't work for anyone else. Which is as childish as it is impractical.

Of course this is all speculation.

if by protecting their asset you mean trying to keep him out of a wheel chair or god forbid another Benoit. If the the word about the tests he took is indeed true and he does try wrestling after his contract is up I will lose all respect for him, though it would be hard to imagine another company taking the risk on him.

if by protecting their asset you mean trying to keep him out of a wheel chair or god forbid another Benoit. If the the word about the tests he took is indeed true and he does try wrestling after his contract is up I will lose all respect for him, though it would be hard to imagine another company taking the risk on him.

I just don't see such a huge company like the WWE "having a heart." I'm not saying people on top weren't concerned. They are human after all. I'm sure after Eddie passed away that Vince, as a person, was affected. However I think him recreating the Wellness program was more of him covering his ass than out of legitimate concern for anyone's safety.

Call me a cynic, but I would venture to guess that the WWE blocking Bryan's resignation has much more to do with the company not wanting their top babyface working elsewhere, while they themselves do not want to be liable for any injuries he sustains while working for them.

I just don't see such a huge company like the WWE "having a heart." I'm not saying people on top weren't concerned. They are human after all. I'm sure after Eddie passed away that Vince, as a person, was affected. However I think him recreating the Wellness program was more of him covering his ass than out of legitimate concern for anyone's safety.

Call me a cynic, but I would venture to guess that the WWE blocking Bryan's resignation has much more to do with the company not wanting their top babyface working elsewhere, while they themselves do not want to be liable for any injuries he sustains while working for them.

Yea I agree. ITs WWE refusing to let him wrestle to protect themselves from a lawsuit they semi deserve(them running 90000 shows a year is stupid and over board) while guys blaming just WWE is stupid and undeserving though.

But them keeping him hostage not letting him perform is stupid. How is there not a clause in these contracts stating they know the risks they are performing and cannot take legal action against the company for damages