The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

That's exactly what I said above, but I edited it in because I mostly intended that post as a response to Wrestling Century. The fact is that if you want to pirate PSP games (the most pirated game system, AFAIK) then that's your prerogative. But if you want to do it on Sony's official forums, you're stupid. The fact is that Arlie and the guys need to stay in business, and even though the odds are astronomical, the FBI could come down on their heads if they felt like it, if we were to sit here and trade stream links.

EDIT: A quick citation with regards to my argument that downloads do not hurt sales, from Oberholzer (Harvard Business School) and Strumpf (UNC Chapel Hill)'s research paper published in 2004: "We find that file sharing has no statistically significant effect on purchases of the average album in our sample. Moreover, the estimates are of rather modest size when compared to the drastic reduction in sales in the music industry. At most, file sharing can explain a tiny fraction of this decline."

For more information on their study, including their research methodology and data, you can read their paper here: http://www.unc.edu/~cigar/papers/FileSharing_March2004.pdf

The RIAA insists they're crazy, but I don't trust anyone who is called a liar by empirical research.

That's exactly what I said above, but I edited it in because I mostly intended that post as a response to Wrestling Century. The fact is that if you want to pirate PSP games (the most pirated game system, AFAIK) then that's your prerogative. But if you want to do it on Sony's official forums, you're stupid. The fact is that Arlie and the guys need to stay in business, and even though the odds are astronomical, the FBI could come down on their heads if they felt like it, if we were to sit here and trade stream links.

EDIT: A quick citation with regards to my argument that downloads do not hurt sales, from Oberholzer (Harvard Business School) and Strumpf (UNC Chapel Hill)'s research paper published in 2004: "We find that file sharing has no statistically significant effect on purchases of the average album in our sample. Moreover, the estimates are of rather modest size when compared to the drastic reduction in sales in the music industry. At most, file sharing can explain a tiny fraction of this decline."

For more information on their study, including their research methodology and data, you can read their paper here: http://www.unc.edu/~cigar/papers/FileSharing_March2004.pdf

The RIAA insists they're crazy, but I don't trust anyone who is called a liar by empirical research.

The point for the RIAA isn't money... but control. Why do you think Microsoft sues GPL?

If you want to debate their motives, I'm sorry but this thread isn't the time or place -- I'd love to debate in a PM. But to be honest my comments have been almost exclusively driven by a disagreement with Wrestling Century.

Lazerbeak I make an almost complete qualified agreement with; Basmat01 has points that I want to agree with but I stronly condemn his arguing style. So it pretty much comes down to WC.

You two sicken me. It's jerks like you two who make the PPV prices go up, so people like us who pay for it and watch it legally have to pay more money. Thanks a lot. Plus, you two are basically ripping off the WWE and the pro wrestlers, who are PROVIDING the entertainment that you are stealing. Jerks.

LMAO kid if the WWE intrested me enough I would consider buying but right now I'm going to stick to what I'm doing. (Guess your PPV prices will get higher;))

If you want to debate their motives, I'm sorry but this thread isn't the time or place -- I'd love to debate in a PM. But to be honest my comments have been almost exclusively driven by a disagreement with Wrestling Century.

Lazerbeak I make an almost complete qualified agreement with; Basmat01 has points that I want to agree with but I stronly condemn his arguing style. So it pretty much comes down to WC.

Here's my point. How is it fair that people like me pay for the PPV (like you are supposed to), but yet other *******s get to watch the same exact thing for free (illegally I might add)? They are cheating the system, and are just being total douche bags. Also, Mr.Canada was thinking about buying the PPV, so he obviously had the money to buy it, and jwt just admitted that he had the money to buy the PPV. So basically, you guys are just saying that since you want to watch it, but would rather keep your money, you'll just screw everybody over.

LMAO kid if the WWE intrested me enough I would consider buying but right now I'm going to stick to what I'm doing. (Guess your PPV prices will get higher;))

Don't call me a "kid". That's ticks me off very badly. I'm ****ing 28 and I have a family! Don't call me a "kid"! For some reason people on message boards call me a kid all the time. Do I really act like a ****ing kid? I'm not in a good mood, because a bunch of jerks who scam people have pissed me off.

Here's my point. How is it fair that people like me pay for the PPV (like you are supposed to), but yet other *******s get to watch the same exact thing for free (illegally I might add)? They are cheating the system, and are just being total douche bags. Also, Mr.Canada was thinking about buying the PPV, so he obviously had the money to buy it, and jwt just admitted that he had the money to buy the PPV. So basically, you guys are just saying that since you want to watch it, but would rather keep your money, you'll just screw everybody over.

I don't have the money to waste 3 hours on something that sucks I bought BFG, and last years WM and last years NOC but much rather save my money and watch online there is more important things to spend my money on.

Edit: TBH yes I thought you were around 15

I don't have the money to waste 3 hours on something that sucks I bought BFG, and last years WM and last years NOC but much rather save my money and watch online there is more important things to spend my money on.

If you don't have the money to buy it, THEN DON'T ****ING WATCH IT! You are just pirating the PPV. That pisses me off, as I actually pay for the PPV. But instead, you just decide that since "it sucks" you get it for free. That's not the way things work.

If you don't have the money to buy it, THEN DON'T ****ING WATCH IT! You are just pirating the PPV. That pisses me off, as I actually pay for the PPV. But instead, you just decide that since "it sucks" you get it for free. That's not the way things work.

It is for me and alot of other people ;)

Edit: You know Adams not going to be to happy with the language your using

Also, I apologize for being acting like a jerk about all of this, but pirates/people who don't pay for things piss me off to no end. What if somebody bought a candy and they didn't like the taste of it, does that give them a right to go and get there money back, even if there was nothing wrong with the candy?

Ive been to resturants that the food sucked so yes I did get my money back so yea.

Edit: NP it dont bother me none but he has strict rules on that stuff

Oh no, I'm more in agreement with you than WC. He's... well, I hate to say it, naive. He's a good person at hear, though.

That's great. Maybe you should force people not to steal it then. Oh wait, you can't. Stealing physical objects is a different from stealing non-physical objects. It's as simple as that.

You cannot dictate morality WC, people are going to steal no matter what anyone else says. I for one agree with you but people who are doing the wrong thing will find ways to justify why they are doing it. This is just one arguement that you cannot win.

Ive been to resturants that the food sucked so yes I did get my money back so yea.

Edit: NP it dont bother me none but he has strict rules on that stuff

What I meant was what if other people liked the taste of the candy, but someone else didn't, so they tried to get their money back? Because personally, I enjoyed the PPV.

You cannot dictate morality WC, people are going to steal no matter what anyone else says. I for one agree with you but people who are doing the wrong thing will find ways to justify why they are doing it. This is just one arguement that you cannot win.

I know. I should stop starting arguments that I can't win. :p I shouldn't have gotten so worked up over all of this. I apologize for bothering everybody.

Well, I can understand his position, but again, stealing physical objects is different than stealing non-physical objects. You CAN stop people from stealing physical objects. Most people will not steal physical objects if there is no sufficient reason to do so. Non-physical objects is not the same case.

Well, I can understand his position, but again, stealing physical objects is different than stealing non-physical objects. You CAN stop people from stealing physical objects. Most people will not steal physical objects if there is no sufficient reason to do so. Non-physical objects is not the same case.

This I agree with. I have never stole from anybody or any store but IMO its not wrong to watch PPVs online

Yeah, but no matter what you steal, it is still stealing. Woah, try saying that sentence 10 times fast! :D

This I agree with. I have never stole from anybody or any store but IMO its not wrong to watch PPVs online

Fair enough I suppose. I'll have my opinion and you can have yours. Now, I'm going to try to get back on topic.

Do you guys think that the Cena/Barrett fued is now over? If so, what are they going to build towards for WrestleMania?

Well, I understand you having a pet peeve, WC, and I'm not trying to take that from you. I'm trying to say that whether or not you're entitled to feel morally superior (I suppose you ARE entitled to that feeling), they're not scum for being less than perfect in your eyes. In fact, as I said earlier, the only person they're stealing from is someone who they could NEVER hurt enough to put in the poor house. [EDIT: To clarify; with that, I'll extend the offer to agree to disagree.]

So, was the rest of the PPV good? I only heard people refer to the first 3 matches so far.