The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Wow... I just caught Cena's promo on Rock from Monday on youtube....

I don't really care what anyone says... He burned him pretty good. Can't wait to see Rock try to top it, lol. This could be pretty entertaining if they keep it up (never have to have a match, just do these promo's on each other).

It felt like Cena of old... and that's good.

There is one very simple answer for this.

Neither Barrett nor Sheamus has panned out on how they hoped they will pan out.

Long Answer: Barrett is clearly not ready in the ring, even though e has good mic skills and charisma, and Sheamus is coming along nicely along the mic, but the fans just don't seem to care about him. Well, I shouldn't say that... he's more misbooked than anything.

The WWE alone is to blame for them not being bigger than they are right now, for doing their pushes half-heartedly. Had they booked Sheamus as the monster consistently, he would have been over now. Had they given Barrett a win against Cena in singles competition, instead of letting Cena take out 7 man all by himself, he could have been somewhere now. Maybe not as far as Sheamus could have been, but that's why they could make it a 3-way between Undertaker, Kane and Barrett.

Sheamus still has Main Event written all over him. I don't care much for many of the brawlers (Kane etc.) but I've never been disappointed with his matches. They should turn Drew face and have them fued. They've worked together for years before they joined WWE and could put on some fast and furious matches.

Barrett just needs to add 2 good moves to his stock-standard arsenal and he could be main event quality.

For Mania they should make the Heavyweight Title match a fatal fourway - Edge v Del Rio v Rey v Christian. Del Rio to win against 3 men who don't like him. That would surely get him over as a main eventer.

For Mania they should make the Heavyweight Title match a fatal fourway - Edge v Del Rio v Rey v Christian. Del Rio to win against 3 men who don't like him. That would surely get him over as a main eventer.

It would also get him over as a babyface if he's facing three opponents at once who don't like him. And he's not ready for the babyface turn or even a hint of one.

The WWE alone is to blame for them not being bigger than they are right now, for doing their pushes half-heartedly. Had they booked Sheamus as the monster consistently, he would have been over now. Had they given Barrett a win against Cena in singles competition, instead of letting Cena take out 7 man all by himself, he could have been somewhere now. Maybe not as far as Sheamus could have been, but that's why they could make it a 3-way between Undertaker, Kane and Barrett.

Someone get this man a beer. Couldn't agree more.

Hopefully WWE will have 'H and 'Taker face (and defeat) Sheamus and Barrett in the build up to 'Mania. I'm all for Sheamus defeating Danielson (sorry) at 'Mania to give him the go of a solid mid-title run. As for Barrett - not really sure where he goes from here. Damned, moving him to Smackdown really did stall his momentum, didn't it? Still, maybe equally he could get a midcard title reign on Smackdown by taking on Kofi. Nothing wrong with a midcard title reign.

Just watched NXT. No reason to keep watching it with Bateman out. The other two aren't worth ****.

Johnny Curtis has got some good moves in the ring and he's a likeable babyface. I don't mind him winning NXT. Brodus has some potential but with 2 heel stables there won't be much room for him in the WWE. But they should team Bateman and Bryan together as a tag team for a good period of time.

Hopefully WWE will have 'H and 'Taker face (and defeat) Sheamus and Barrett in the build up to 'Mania. I'm all for Sheamus defeating Danielson (sorry) at 'Mania to give him the go of a solid mid-title run. As for Barrett - not really sure where he goes from here. Damned, moving him to Smackdown really did stall his momentum, didn't it? Still, maybe equally he could get a midcard title reign on Smackdown by taking on Kofi. Nothing wrong with a midcard title reign.

I like the idea of Barrett with the IC strap, but not too thrilled about the prospect of Sheamus winning the US title. I'm hoping DB is in the money in the bank match at mania, that is assuming they are going to have one.

Just messing around with your original post.

Except Vince has also openly admitting to finding Cena's current gimmick and character is stupid. On RAW, Live, no less. He also admitted he liked money, which is why he didn't care THAT much in the end.

If it makes vince money, I don't think it will hamper his tastes much. And look at Rey. It makes him money.

If it makes vince money, I don't think it will hamper his tastes much. And look at Rey. It makes him money.

Meh...I don't know how much 'lucha' you can add. The biggest obstacle is still that the E is a sports-entertainment product and many of lucha's biggest names - including Mistico - aren't great at cutting promos and some aren't exactly great at speaking English.

It'll be a tough transition, but Mistico is an amazing talent so I really hope for the best for him.

Meh...I don't know how much 'lucha' you can add. The biggest obstacle is still that the E is a sports-entertainment product and many of lucha's biggest names - including Mistico - aren't great at cutting promos and some aren't exactly great at speaking English.

It'll be a tough transition, but Mistico is an amazing talent so I really hope for the best for him.

Hopefully his run in the WWE is more successful than Ultimo Dragons.

When Ultimo Dragon came to the WWE I was so excited. He was awesome! Then they didn't use him or push him. Really sad but oh well.

Ultimo and Mistico are incredibly similar...little to no English, promos aren't their strong suit, smallish, cruiser weight style wrestlers who might not fit the WWE's idea of ringwork...

That's why I have very tempered hopes fo MIstico

I'll say this again - Vince's utimate goal is the bottom line... money. If it makes him money, he'll do it.

Ultimo was/is a great psychologist though and can make almost anyone look good. I don't know why they didn't even at least utilize that...

You seriously don't know why the E didn't try to better utilizea guy's whose strongest attribute was his in-ring work?

Did you see how Dean Malenko's WWE run went?

I'll say this again - Vince's utimate goal is the bottom line... money. If it makes him money, he'll do it.

Agreed. But based on the product, and the way they present their workers, I think that it's a Big IF that Mistico hits it big.

I hope I'm wrong though

You seriously don't know why the E didn't try to better utilizea guy's whose strongest attribute was his in-ring work?

Did you see how Dean Malenko's WWE run went?

Agreed. But based on the product, and the way they present their workers, I think that it's a Big IF that Mistico hits it big.

I hope I'm wrong though

But I'm not talking about Mistico. I'm talking about Lucha Libre. Fititng Sports Entertainment within Lucha Libre is not easy task, yes. But the reverse... isn't so true. Sports Entertainment is a pretty flexible product. If Vince can add "ECW" and "Attitude" into his squeaky clean "Sports Entertainment", he can certainly add some Lucha Libre into it... I argue that he already has, if not at a huge amount.