The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Apparently Goldust is teasing unveiling something special during the Royal Rumble kick off show. Anyone have any guesses at what it could be?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cody in the Goldust paint?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Batista's back on a far more regular basis than Brock or Undertaker. Think Jericho, if you will. Plus he's a big name (that'll get bigger with GOTG) for the company of a recent generation that can still go in the ring and has history with more than a few of the current main eventers, so we've got ready-made feuds as well.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a good upside. And he can shake off the ring rust before WM30. I just think WWE are playing up his return in the Rumble to mess with us. Everyone thinks he's going to win the Rumble but I don't think he will. And he doesn't need a title shot yet. If he does win though I can see him facing Orton and Lesnar in a triple threat match. I'd rather see Taker vs Heel Sheamus than against Lesnar.</p>

<p>Batista wont win the Rumble and I dont think he even has a chance truthfully</p><p> </p><p>

He's set for a date with Lesnar at WM in my eyes as one of the only possible opponents for Brock (the other being Undertaker)</p><p> </p><p>

I have never thought Taker/Cena to be possible over the past 4-5 years despite everyone clamoring for it, but Batista/Lesnar, HHH/Punk, Orton/Bryan would leave both men open to have the most anticipated WM match in history.</p><p> </p><p>

I wouldn't consider it fantasy booking either since in my perfect world Bryan would tap HHH at WM and Cena vs Punk would main event for the title</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Apparently Goldust is teasing unveiling something special during the Royal Rumble kick off show. Anyone have any guesses at what it could be?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A Phoenix Splash</p>

I would say the chances of Batista winning the Rumble are 100 percent. CM Punk will do the iron man thing likely being there at the end but Batista wins this, faces Orton and beats Orton at Wrestlemania. No way this doesn't happen.

Oh god, I would take anything instead of this. I would take Batista/Cena before that. As far as pure crowd reaction, I don't think you could beat Bryan losing to Wyatt, and then replacing Xavier Woods or some other no hoper as a replacement #30 entrant.

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NXT Review:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Neville vs Blake</strong> - The debutant cowboy looked competent. Neville continues to impress as a crowd-pleasing spot monkey.</p><p>

<strong>Woods vs Rusev</strong> - Woods returned to NXT for revenge but Rusev was too strong. Sin Cara came to Wood's rescue when Rusev wouldn't let go of his submission.</p><p>

<strong>Parker vs Cesaro</strong> - Parker is talented but his hippy gimmick sucks. The best part of the match was Parker trying to swing Cesaro but only making himself dizzy. Zayn returned on crutches to ask for a rematch. Cesaro said no.</p><p>

<strong>Natalya vs Summer</strong> - Good match, I just wish it had lasted longer.</p><p>

<strong>Bo Dallas</strong> - Celebrating being the longest ever NXT Champion (224 days) by being as douchy as ever. Neville crashed the party and challenged Bo. Triple H appeared on screen to set up a Beat the Clock match. Neville lasted 4 minutes and 45 seconds against Dallas to earn a title shot on the NXT Live Special on the WWE Network. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Verdict:</span></strong> Average show. First of a series setting up for the Live Special.</p>

I love how they always make such a big deal about being the first person in the Royal Rumble match. Hell the second entrant is in just as long as the first because the match cannot start until the second guy enters the ring. I understand why they always hype how being the first person to enter is a big deal, but like I said I do find it funny how being number two is never pushed as being an insurmountable odd.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love how they always make such a big deal about being the first person in the Royal Rumble match. Hell the second entrant is in just as long as the first because the match cannot start until the second guy enters the ring. I understand why they always hype how being the first person to enter is a big deal, but like I said I do find it funny how being number two is never pushed as being an insurmountable odd.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree with you and ironically enough was Flair the number 2 entrant when he won the world title at the Rumble?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love how they always make such a big deal about being the first person in the Royal Rumble match. Hell the second entrant is in just as long as the first because the match cannot start until the second guy enters the ring. I understand why they always hype how being the first person to enter is a big deal, but like I said I do find it funny how being number two is never pushed as being an insurmountable odd.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't worry JBL will mention that nonstop in the Rumble.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love how they always make such a big deal about being the first person in the Royal Rumble match. Hell the second entrant is in just as long as the first because the match cannot start until the second guy enters the ring. I understand why they always hype how being the first person to enter is a big deal, but like I said I do find it funny how being number two is never pushed as being an insurmountable odd.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They did that last year when Ziggler got to pick his own number then Vickie switched it to picking from 1 or 2</p>

Is there any real reason Del Rio and Rey are feuding? It just seems like they wrestle each other every week for no real reason. Granted, I am watching the Hulu version of Raw, so there's probably stuff from the feud cut.

I just don't get it because they're having the same match over and over again.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tha Black Phenom" data-cite="Tha Black Phenom" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Del Rio has been bracing for Batista's return and that was his main motive for facing Rey, him being one of his close friends. Last Monday was their rubber match according to JBL.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I suppose that makes sense. Thanks.</p><p> </p><p> They weren't bad matches by any means. It just felt like I've seen them have that match a million times before.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawnbill5000" data-cite="shawnbill5000" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So. Thoughts on Batista winning the rumble?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would say the chances of Batista winning the Rumble are 100 percent. CM Punk will do the iron man thing likely being there at the end but Batista wins this, faces Orton and beats Orton at Wrestlemania. No way this doesn't happen.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is indeed what is going to happen.</p>

<p>So I just watched the RAW reply or w/e in my hotel room while channel flipping. Haven't watched for years due to the pathetic nature of it and HOW is it possible this product has gotten worse?</p><p> </p><p>

-Goldust is still around</p><p>

- So are the New Age Outlaws</p><p>

- Daniel Bryan (who used to be awesome on indy) now has a "yes" gimmick? And the crowd is stupid enough to do it? Wow.</p><p>

- Bradshaw is still announcing</p><p>

- Kane is now a GM role? wtf, I am now crying.</p><p>

-Stephanie McMahon is still around on tv. WTF</p><p>

-Batista is back (yay for 45 year old steroid guys)</p><p>

-R Truth/ Kwik is still there</p><p>

-Also some flamboyant latin guy? Yeah bc that's original and have never seen that. But oh wait he has a big lighting rig come down so that means hes awesome</p><p> </p><p>

I mean seriously wtf, why isn't this halfway decent? I want to consider myself a wrestling fan but after half an hour to still see where its at I can't believe they still fill arenas and easily reminded me whey I haven't watched in years.</p><p> </p><p>

It seems the only positive thing about this is still CM PUnk who has been everyones favorite for years and I wish he was around during good writing years.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jesterx7769" data-cite="jesterx7769" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> - Bradshaw is still announcing - <strong>Only been for a about a year.</strong></p><p> </p><p> - Kane is now a GM role? wtf, I am now crying. - <strong>You missed a lot about Kane's recent storylines. Was World Champion, Fought Taker, got his mask back, love square, teaming with Daniel Bryan, and becoming corporate.</strong></p><p> </p><p> -Stephanie McMahon is still around on tv. WTF - <strong>She only came back last year in June as a constant authorithy figure.</strong> </p><p> </p><p> -R Truth/ Kwik is still there - <strong>He was in TNA from 2002 to 2007 and came back to WWE in 2008. You missed him being crazy which was gold.</strong></p><p> </p><p> -Also some flamboyant latin guy? Yeah bc that's original and have never seen that. But oh wait he has a big lighting rig come down so that means hes awesome - <strong>What's wrong with a cartoonish gimmick for a midcarder. Plus he's just flamboyant not latin.</strong></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you been gone for that long and just base it off one show it will look crap to anyone. But the entire last year might not have had the best storylines but in terms of in ring action it has been phenomenal.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jesterx7769" data-cite="jesterx7769" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I just watched the RAW reply or w/e in my hotel room while channel flipping. Haven't watched for years due to the pathetic nature of it and HOW is it possible this product has gotten worse?<p> </p><p> -Goldust is still around</p><p> - So are the New Age Outlaws</p><p> - Daniel Bryan (who used to be awesome on indy) now has a "yes" gimmick? And the crowd is stupid enough to do it? Wow.</p><p> - Bradshaw is still announcing</p><p> - Kane is now a GM role? wtf, I am now crying.</p><p> -Stephanie McMahon is still around on tv. WTF</p><p> -Batista is back (yay for 45 year old steroid guys)</p><p> -R Truth/ Kwik is still there</p><p> -Also some flamboyant latin guy? Yeah bc that's original and have never seen that. But oh wait he has a big lighting rig come down so that means hes awesome</p><p> </p><p> I mean seriously wtf, why isn't this halfway decent? I want to consider myself a wrestling fan but after half an hour to still see where its at I can't believe they still fill arenas and easily reminded me whey I haven't watched in years.</p><p> </p><p> It seems the only positive thing about this is still CM PUnk who has been everyones favorite for years and I wish he was around during good writing years.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's Silly Season (aka The Road to Wrestlemania), as they try to match up the money-making performers (for better or worse). The last 2 years have seen the rise of Punk, Bryan, The Shield, The Wyatts, more focus on quality tag wrestling, NXT, the returns of Rock, Heyman & Lesnar etc. It really has improved just not as much as most people would like.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree with you and ironically enough was Flair the number 2 entrant when he won the world title at the Rumble?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry to be a stickler for details but Flair was actually number 3 when he won it in 1992. The only person I know of to have won it at number 2 was Rey Mysterio in 2006 but there could have been another.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jesterx7769" data-cite="jesterx7769" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I just watched the RAW reply or w/e in my hotel room while channel flipping. Haven't watched for years due to the pathetic nature of it and HOW is it possible this product has gotten worse?<p> </p><p> -Goldust is still around</p><p> - So are the New Age Outlaws</p><p> - Daniel Bryan (who used to be awesome on indy) now has a "yes" gimmick? And the crowd is stupid enough to do it? Wow.</p><p> - Bradshaw is still announcing</p><p> - Kane is now a GM role? wtf, I am now crying.</p><p> -Stephanie McMahon is still around on tv. WTF</p><p> -Batista is back (yay for 45 year old steroid guys)</p><p> -R Truth/ Kwik is still there</p><p> -Also some flamboyant latin guy? Yeah bc that's original and have never seen that. But oh wait he has a big lighting rig come down so that means hes awesome</p><p> </p><p> I mean seriously wtf, why isn't this halfway decent? I want to consider myself a wrestling fan but after half an hour to still see where its at I can't believe they still fill arenas and easily reminded me whey I haven't watched in years.</p><p> </p><p> It seems the only positive thing about this is still CM PUnk who has been everyones favorite for years and I wish he was around during good writing years.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Putting myself in your place, I find it very funny that I think I would be thinking something very similar... being one that's normally one of the most optimistic opinions of current WWE. </p><p> </p><p> Noticed you said reply (I think meant to be replay). IF I'm right, then you seen a three hour show cut down to one hour? I can't really watch those recap shows because they do leave out way too much. Current shows show too many "recaps" of what happened last week, month, year, or even what happened 20 minutes ago.... over and over and over... I've always understood why, however it really starts to annoy me after the fourth of fifth time showing the same exact recap.</p>