CZCW: Explosive Cruiserweight Action!

THE CENTURY NEWSLETTER

Hello, I am Wrestling Century. Many of you may know me as the main critic of this newsletter. I am writing here to report some shocking news. My favorite indy promotion, CZCW, has just gotten a new booker. Nobody knows what his real name is, but they call him "The Grand Avatar". More news to come as we get it.

THE CENTURY NEWSLETTER

I am now at the indy press conference where CZCW unveiled their new booker. This is a quote from what "The Grand Avatar" had to say.

"With me now booking CZCW, I would now like to focus on booking a style I like to call, Explosive Cruiserweight Action. Now you may be wondering what this is. Well, I will tell you this. Prepare for CZCW's most exciting year ever!"

He also said that the current roster should not worry because none of them will be replaced or fired, but he said that he will bring in more high-flyers to the roster.

THE CENTURY NEWSLETTER

The card for CZCW Revolution 2008 has just been announced:

Flying Jimmy Foxx © vs The American Flash for the Coastal Zone Xtreme Championshp

Al Coleman vs Fox Mask

Mikey James vs Masked Cougar

Plague vs Snap Dragon

Remmy Skye and Frankie Perez © vs Rich and Famous (Jackpot Jordan and Jake Idol) for the Coastal Zone Tag Team Championship

Co-Main Event:

Matt Sparrow vs Donnie J

Main Event:

James Prudence © vs Ultimate Phoenix for the Coastal Zone Championship

As always, The Century Newsletter allows the fans of wrestling to write their comments and predictions! We will also soon have a prediction high score board!

The card for CZCW Revolution 2008 has just been announced:

Flying Jimmy Foxx © vs The American Flash for the Coastal Zone Xtreme Championshp

Flash is really just a Jobber as well for now.

Al Coleman vs Fox Mask

Fox Mask is money is CZCW. One of the oldest mainstays eh deserves as many wins as you can give him. Plus Coleman is a dick.

Mikey should win although you'll lose him in a month or so when TCW goes international

Plague vs Snap Dragon

Tough call pitting these tag team partners against each other. Probably a good way to trun one or another. I think Plague has more star power then Snap though.

Remmy Skye and Frankie Perez © vs Rich and Famous (Jackpot Jordan and Jake Idol) for the Coastal Zone Tag Team Championship

Rich and Famous are really just a jobber team for now. Remmy and Frankie's real battles will be against Bittersweet Inc. until Coleman pisses you off so much you fire him or Insane Machine is off to Japan permanently.

Co-Main Event:

Matt Sparrow vs Donnie J

Not a big fan of either worker but Sparrow is more likely to get stolen and I've actually managed some good matches out of Donnie J

Main Event:

James Prudence © vs Ultimate Phoenix for the Coastal Zone Championship

James will be snapped up by SWF straight away

I am going to post the results in a little while, since this is my first dynasty. I hope to get more people following this, but that's not going to happen until I post a few shows.

What'll happen is you'll get a bunch of readers but only a few posters so don't get discouraged. Then as people see your writing style and the direction you're taking the company you'll lose some or gain some. You'll see your views go up even if people aren't posting so take that as a sign of people reading.

THE CENTURY NEWSLETTER

Hello, I'm Wrestling Century, the main wrestling critic of The Century Newsletter. I'm here reporting to you the results of:

CZCW REVOLUTION 2008

1. Flying Jimmy Foxx © defeated The American Flash to retain the CZCW Xtreme Championship: This was a bland match. The only thing that helped this match was the excellent announcing and commentating! Flying Jimmy Foxx retained his title after using his Flying Foxx finisher. Rating: D-

2. Fox Mask defeated Al Coleman: This match was okay, nothing really stuck out. Fox Mask wins after using the Fox Hunter maneuver. Rating: D+

3. Masked Cougar defeated Mikey James: Yet another really bland match. I thought the new booker said that this would be the most exciting year ever! Masked Cougar and Mikey James don't really work together well in the ring. Masked Cougar wins after a Cougar Pounce. Rating: D-

4. Snap Dragon defeated Plague: If you told me before this match happened that Plague and Snap Dragon would one day put on a boring match, I would've called you crazy. But this match was actually boring! A first for these two! I'm shocked! Maybe the news about the new booker has everybody in the blues? Snap Dragon wins with a Dragon Breath. Rating: D

5. Remmy Skye and Frankie Perez © defeated Rich and Famous (Jackpot Jordan and Jake Idol) to retain the Coastal Zone Tag Titles: By this time I was just begging for this show to stop. Yet another boring match! When will it end? Remmy wins with a Skye Diver. Rating: D-

6. Matt Sparrow defeated Donnie J: This match was pretty darn good. Especially compared to the rest of the night. Matt Sparrow won with a Bird Brain Buster. Rating: C-

7. Ultimate Phoenix defeated James Prudence © for the Coastal Zone Championship: Best match of the night so far. While this match was not a classic, it was quite good. Ultimate Phoenix shockingly wins the title with a Phoenix Firebird Splash! Rating: C

Final Note: This might just be CZCW's most exciting year ever. You may ask why I would say that if I thought most the show was boring. This is why. They excel in excitment with their main eventers, but they just need to work on either hiring more exciting workers or improve their other wrestlers

Final Rating: C

Overall a good first show and a C to start off that;s a really nice show. But here are som notes on your commentary

Flying Jimmy Foxx over American Flash

I wouldn't start by calling it a balnd match or even a poorly worked match. CZCW is rated equally on Pop and Skill and look at the rating you got. Foxx is only like a E at most in pop in the area, I htink actually an E- (don't have the game in front of me) and Dark Flash is a F or F+. Now look at the match rating a D-, these two probably but on a pretty damn impressive match to put out a grade 2 or even three levels higher than the overness of the most over competitor. Although looking at Jimmy skill in comparisson to Flash's you'll probably say Foxx carried the younger competitor. And hen look at the selling and Flashiness skills of both workers again I wouldn't call the match bland I was just call the crowd uninterested.

The same can be held true even up untill the main events. Matt and Donnie both have a D+ overness and they put on a C- match. Not quite as impressive as the Foxx vs Flash match only one grade higher but proof enough the match was decently entertaining to match

Also you didn't put the match rating on the last match. What did the Ultimate Phoenix vs James Prudence match get you. I would a imagine a C+ to get a C final rating.

Lastly match order, you still had a good show but it may have been better. I could have told you that the Foxx versus Flash match was not going to be your third best match and convention says to meet up with the supposed perfect Your main event should be the best match, secondary main event the second best match and opener thrid best match. You want to get your crowd on their feet from with the first match so they'll be excited to see you less important matches untill your main events.

Again this was a great show and I'll be following along.

Overall a good first show and a C to start off that;s a really nice show. But here are som notes on your commentary

Flying Jimmy Foxx over American Flash

I wouldn't start by calling it a balnd match or even a poorly worked match. CZCW is rated equally on Pop and Skill and look at the rating you got. Foxx is only like a E at most in pop in the area, I htink actually an E- (don't have the game in front of me) and Dark Flash is a F or F+. Now look at the match rating a D-, these two probably but on a pretty damn impressive match to put out a grade 2 or even three levels higher than the overness of the most over competitor. Although looking at Jimmy skill in comparisson to Flash's you'll probably say Foxx carried the younger competitor. And hen look at the selling and Flashiness skills of both workers again I wouldn't call the match bland I was just call the crowd uninterested.

The same can be held true even up untill the main events. Matt and Donnie both have a D+ overness and they put on a C- match. Not quite as impressive as the Foxx vs Flash match only one grade higher but proof enough the match was decently entertaining to match

Also you didn't put the match rating on the last match. What did the Ultimate Phoenix vs James Prudence match get you. I would a imagine a C+ to get a C final rating.

Lastly match order, you still had a good show but it may have been better. I could have told you that the Foxx versus Flash match was not going to be your third best match and convention says to meet up with the supposed perfect Your main event should be the best match, secondary main event the second best match and opener thrid best match. You want to get your crowd on their feet from with the first match so they'll be excited to see you less important matches untill your main events.

Again this was a great show and I'll be following along.

Sorry, just fixed the rating thing. I got a C rating for my final match. Yeah, I was wondering on the ratings thing. I'm too used to seeing a B- match mean regular match. I'm going to have to do something kayfabe wise to cover for that...... :D

It's good to see another CZCW diary, as it's been a while since we've had one on here. Good luck with it! :)

And follow Apu's advice - I think he's probably got CZCW blood running through his veins!

I most certainly do. I've run so many CZCW games trying different things. My latest game is the bloated roster for a ton of tag teams (10 total all Midcard or under). Also I love me some Steve Flash, even before 2008 I used him all the time in 2007 and continue to use him to this day. He does really well in CZCW and I'm getting some really nice C+ to B- matches with him a year and a half in with Frankie Perez.

I am a sucker for CZCW! It is one of my favorite promotions in the game.

Al Coleman vs Fox Mask

Plague vs Snap Dragon

Even though I picked Remmy and Frankie to win, you might be losing one or both of them very shortly so it may be wise to get the titles off of them ASAP.

Co-Main Event:

Matt Sparrow vs Donnie J

Main Event:

James Prudence© vs Ultimate Phoenix for the Coastal Zone Championship

Umm, Those Predictions were about an hour late dawg :D

Hey dude like what I have read so far keep up the good work. I hope that you can do better than I can with CZCW because whenever I play as them I always fall to small size so I hope that you don't. Again keep up the good work and you have a reader in me!

TakerNGN74

Thanks. I will try my best! But I pretty much suck at booking! :D

THE CENTURY NEWSLETTER

Hello, I am Wrestling Century. I'm here to give apologies to last night's CZCW show. I judged them unfairly because the crowd wasn't going crazy, like they do in the SWF. The show was excellent compared to last year's shows.

On another note, Farrah Hesketh, CZCW's main color commentator, almost got into a fight with Rita Charles due to pulling a mean spirited prank on her. When "The Grand Avatar" tried to tell her how disappointed he was with her, she reportedly just shrugged it off.

Also, "The Grand Avatar" has been said to be trying to negotiate some new contracts. We will soon have updated news!

THE CENTURY NEWSLETTER

Here is the preview card for CZCW Vendetta 2008:

1. The Gentleman (The Cannonball Kid) and Fox Mask vs. Masked Cougar and Air Attack Weasel

2. Flying Jimmy Foxx vs. Erik Strong for the Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship

3. Jeremiah Moose vs. Cal Sanders

4. Remmy Skye and Frankie Perez vs. The Lords Of Wrestling (Plague and Snap Dragon) for the Coastal Zone Tag Titles

Co-Main Event:

Teddy Powell vs. Mikey James

Main Event:

Ultimate Phoenix vs. Donnie J vs. Matt Sparrow for the Coastal Zone Championship

As always, feel free to comment and predict!

Archived