MMA Challenge/league (sort of)

Basically - I know what I'm about to say is nothing new but - a friend and I do these challenges with EWR. I think they'd work with WMMA 2 as well.

Basically the idea is this: (based on 4 people taking part in a game)

you set up a company - details negotiated between particapants

say you've decided on 3 weight classes.

each person gets to draft 20 fighters into each weight class taking turns based on a random draw to decide draft order. When a fighter is selected by one he cannot be signed by the other players to there companies unless that fighter leaves. So say I draft Brock Lesnar - the other 3 can't have Brock Lesner unless I no longer do.

There would be 60 fighters that you could not sign. You could trade however 4 times a year.

You may sign 4 fighters a year - 1 every 3 months.

goal: either specify a certain target or take your company to number 1 the fastest.

you may only hold 1 show a month except for 2 months when you can hold 2.

your 60 drafted fighter could be on cheap contracts exclusive for 12 fights. The details on bonuses to be negotiated before drafting.

the only draft rule is this: You may only draft 2 fighters in any weight division that appear on Blurcat's top ten pound for pound fighters in that weight division.

new signings in game are unavailable to others.

points are awarded for bigger attendeces, main event fight ratings, your top ten pound for pound placing in Blurcat's p4p ratings.

there would a be a thread where results and stuff can be posted. There could be a live online draft.

The thing is you can make it as complicated or as simple as you like. Still things to work out and this is just a general overview of the potential idea.

Anyone even remotely interested in this?

I would say ease up on the rules...just take it in turns drafting workers, using a random number generator, with the only rule being that they are exclusive.

Then if you want to make it a challenge do a year where each person plays as there promotion for a year and set certain challenges like

-Average Attendance

-Show Quality

-Promotion Size

-User Reputation

-etc

with the winner getting 1 point, 2nd team getting 2 points etc. And the winner is the person who has the lowest score.

But apart from that the only rules are the database cannot be edited(which could be insuarred by one person uninvolved with the draft running the cards which are submitted to him by other players)

thoss rules are far less strict then my friend and I currently use in our EWR challenges but yeah that was just an example - I do see your point. Our rules just got more and more specific cause we have done so many.

I like the suggestions though and yeah no editing of the database. I agree with that.

just thought I'd throw this out there and see what the feedback was and if anyone was interested.

Cornellverse. On balance, the default data has yet to be defeated. I love playing Real Life mods, and I'm really enjoying Dawn of MMA and Fresh Start Complete, but the only one that draws me back time and again is the default data. For those reasons, we should use it. And also cos I know who all the cheap prospects are. But I'm not telling you ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived