installing in windows 7

Probably not going to work in Windows 7. Microsoft has dropped ALL support for VB6 programs and .dll's. We have this problem at work with some of our software as well. We are recoding in .Net which is the direction that MS wants all developers to take. You can probably get it to work in a WinXP virtual box. If you have the Professional or Ultimate version of Windows 7, it comes with the ability to set up a WinXP virtualization. If not, you can grab Sun's Virtualbox for free and install an instance of XP in it and the game should work again...

NC

• 3 weeks later...
I'm glad that I stopped and checked out this forum. I was going to buy BBFB this weekend, but there's no sense in getting it if I won't be able to play it. :(

• 8 months later...

I know that this is a rather old post but I just wanted to post my experience with installing the game on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. The demo installed and ran fine. When I installed the retail 1.52 update, I got the 'unable to open elicen40.dll' error. I grabbed a copy of the .dll from my desktop (XP) installation and copied it to my laptop (Win7) directory and was successful in getting the game to run and register. The only thing that is lacking is the control panel applet. Everything seems to run fine and I am halfway through my first season with no issues. I can now start modding again with my laptop...

NC

Hm - unfortunately, that doesn't help out the x64 people...good to hear, though, that at least it can work in win7.

The demo version should run flawlessly in any version of Windows 7. BBCF and Greydog are not at fault here at all. It's eLicense that's the culprit. If greydog wants to continue selling their software in a rapidly x64 world, they need to seriously step up their demands to eLicense.

I mean, ViaTech's incompetence is preventing games from being sold - bottom line. Litigation seems appropriate. Enough dallying on this. Alternatively, find a different way to license the games.

Archived