"A" Momentum with low popularity

In my TCW game, Aaron Andrews re-debuted with the company in a great angle with Tommy Cornell, giving him an A for momentum. He's at C+ in popularity. Since his momentum is so high, is it ok to have him defeat someone with an A overness and lower momentum? Will that destroy the other worker or, because of the momentum, will Andrews make a great gain without destroying the other worker?

I was just curious, as I have rarely run into this, if anyone has ever tried this and what the result was. Usually my high momentum guys are the ones with higher overness.

No, you'll still run into problems if you put him over someone with notably higher overness. It will still do harm to the more over worker. Also, its usually tough to maintain momentum well above overness, so expect it to drop down unless you really work to keep it up (likely having to put him in angles with Tommy frequently).

No, you'll still run into problems if you put him over someone with notably higher overness. It will still do harm to the more over worker. Also, its usually tough to maintain momentum well above overness, so expect it to drop down unless you really work to keep it up (likely having to put him in angles with Tommy frequently).

OK thanks, that;s why I figured I'd ask before doing so :) He's actually held it for a month or two now, having really good matches with DWN (I'm at 2014 in my game so people's skills are advanced)

OK thanks, that;s why I figured I'd ask before doing so :) He's actually held it for a month or two now, having really good matches with DWN (I'm at 2014 in my game so people's skills are advanced)

Its definitely possible to maintain that momentum well above his overnesss, just not easy. Putting on really good matches is a great way, as is being involved with more over workers (storyline, stable, whatever). If you dont' do something to maintain it - if you treat him just another midcarder - its going to drop down relatively quickly

Its definitely possible to maintain that momentum well above his overnesss, just not easy. Putting on really good matches is a great way, as is being involved with more over workers (storyline, stable, whatever). If you dont' do something to maintain it - if you treat him just another midcarder - its going to drop down relatively quickly

Yeah I'm not quite ready to shoot him to World title status but I do keep him in the mix with over workers and in good matches. i.e. I try not to have him face anyone he shouldn't at least draw or beat ;)

Giving him a big upset win over someone higher up the card isn't a terrible idea. Probably not a main eventer but maybe an upper midcarder. Afterwards put him up against people lower on the card and see how he performs. If he maintains his momentum then this could be his ticket to the main event.

Its always a good idea to roll with momentum and see where it takes you (not least because it makes more interesting games)

Archived