Observation

Ok, I just noticed that when the game is run, an instance of iexplore.exe is spawned. When the game is closed, this process does not terminate as it should. (This is more than likely due to using IE API functions and not closing their handles when finished with them). Now for the funny part. In my current game, whenever I try to advance to the next year, the game crashes at 68%. If I run the game and immediately terminate the iexplore.exe process then the game will get to 78% before it crashes. I think that their may be a bug or two in dealing with the IE API calls...

NC

Edit: oh yeah, I have IE 7 installed here on my laptop. I am going to first downgrade back to IE 6 and if the error still occurs, I will upgrade to IE 8 and try again. I use Firefox, so IE is basically useless and I wouldn't even have it installed if not for the fact that so many programs rely on the IE libraries...

Same thing, spawned the process, did not terminate. Funny thing is, I was able to successfully get the game to advance to the next season by going into the history section and just randomly clicking through some of the team/league stats. More than likely by opening the database and allowing some of the queries to run it fixed whatever db error I was running into...

NC

Archived