Foolinc Takes A Look At TEW 2010

USPW American Wrestling (Week 1)

Main Event Tag Team Match: Bruce The Giant & Tyson Baine vs. Chris Caulfield & James Justice

- This is tough, but Tyson is red hot, and Bruce doesn't have many more matches to go if his bio is correct, so they'll get the dupe. Honestly I'd love to see Bruce go on a killer win streak till he meets with Nicky, who he puts over big at this years Independence Slam/some better more epic sounding big event.

USPW World Title: Enygma © vs. T-Rex

- I smell a run in of some sort, Probably Tyson attacking Enygma and Justice making the save, then Bruce and Caulfield coming down to brawl leading to the main event.

USPW Television Title: Andre Jones © vs. Freddie Datsun

- Andre isn't over enough to really warrent a win over a former USPW champion, even in a title defense. A DQ victory by Freddie, followed by a Force sighting as he clears the ring from more AJ evildoings.

On a side note, Andre really needs a gimmick or something. He just doesn't stand out.

USPW National Contender's Quarter Finals: Captain USA vs. Darryl Devine

- At last, Devine is the arrogant punk we all knew he could be. I suspect this match (unless the chemistry fairies toy with you) will set up a long standing rivalry with...

USPW National Contender's Quarter Finals: Anger vs. Nicky Champion

- ...who will be a Champion before the year is out. This one should be easy. Anger is 50ish.

Pre-Show: C-V-2 vs. The Hillbillys

- Hillbillys take the win to remain relevent jobbers.

Pre-Show: Bret Starr vs. Giant Redwood

- As annoying as it is, Brets on loan. Redwood is a grouch who shouldn't really see TV that often. Simpe mathmatics.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Main Event Tag Team Match: Bruce The Giant & Tyson Baine vs. Chris Caulfield & James Justice

Bruce The Giant & Tyson Baine vs. Chris Caulfield & James Justice

Put the heat on the heels early. Keeps Baine strong for the title match, and protects Bruce.

Enygma © vs. T-Rex

I see a DQ finish here.

Andre Jones © vs. Freddie Datsun

As you said, your building to a tv match, so a switch is out of the question, and there's going to be one screwey title match on this show already.

Captain USA vs. Darryl Devine

Cap is senile at this point he's that old, and Darryl is realy comming along.

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

No doubt here

C-V-2 vs. The Hillbillys

CV-2 are jobbers

Bret Starr vs. Giant Redwood

As is Starr

I thought that you were going to use Survey Monkey.

Damnit I wanted to be the first to have a USPW dynasty on the board so much for that. Although I am waiting for the full release to come out and I will probably wait a month or two after that before I start a dynasty due to the fact that I want to get myself more familiar with the game before doing one. However I will be following this one as I am looking forward to seeing how you plan on doing things with the new roster and all.

Here are my picks for the show

I hate Tyson Baine that is the only reason I made my pick the way I did.

Champion will retain

Could see this going either way really but Andre Jones has my vote

- Building up momentum for your World title contender.

- T-Rex to dominate, but Enygma with a small package or so for the win.

- Would be weird if you change titles on your first show.

- Two tough matches to call, going with Devine and Champion due to them being younger.

Bruce The Giant & Tyson Baine vs. Chris Caulfield & James Justice

The two menacing men build momentum against the two fan favorites.

I call Shenanigans! But Enygma retains the belt!

Too soon for a title change. Not to mention that Datsun is one half of the USPW World Tag Team Champions. I see a team like The Towers of Power interfering here to cost Datsun.

I am probably wrong but I like the veteran more than the youngster.

A tough one for me to call because I have love for both of them but Anger squeaks out a victory and Nicky moves moreso toward the main title.

THe Hillbillys stay slightly relevant.

Redwood crushes Starr!

Good luck with this one! Always great to see some USPW action!

Thanks for all the well wishes and predictions. Didn't know that everyone enjoyed me dicking around so much. ;) I'll post up the show tomorrow in case some more people wanted to post a prediction. Plus, I just updated TEW 108 today and don't feel like posting up another one. Check it out when you have a moment. It's a good one. :D

I thought that you were going to use Survey Monkey.

As much fun as I've been having, this diary was never meant to be anything more than me dicking around with the TEW 2010 demo. Adding Survey Monkey to this thing seems to be like wearing a suit to your local dive bar. :cool:

Damnit I wanted to be the first to have a USPW dynasty on the board so much for that. Although I am waiting for the full release to come out and I will probably wait a month or two after that before I start a dynasty due to the fact that I want to get myself more familiar with the game before doing one. However I will be following this one as I am looking forward to seeing how you plan on doing things with the new roster and all.

Technically this isn't a USPW diary. It's just the promotion I ended up using for the purposing of me messing with the demo. Angeldelayette is the one with the first USPW diary (and with his track record, the 2nd USPW diary too :p).

And I agree that the best idea is to hold off on writing a full fledged diary for a while. Not only to get the hang of all the new stuff in 2010, but to make sure that your data doesn't get destroyed by an error. I just had a scare with the USPW game. I opened the game and it couldn't see any of the promotions or the wrestlers. Thankfully, the in game backup did it's job and I was fine. Still the point stands to make sure the game it stable before you pour in time and effort to make a diary.

Wednesday, Week 1, January 2010: The Night Of The Show

When the PM came up, the first thing that I noticed was that I already had a backstage incident. Dreading to see what one of my douche bags did, I clicked on the banner to see this.

Captain USA and Sam Strong have really bonded backstage, having discovered a shared love of surfing.

Well that's pleasant surprise. As random as this knowledge is, because of this happy news Captain USA is now loyal to Sam Strong and the overall backstage rating has now risen to 85.7%. Happy days.

Moving on to the venue selection (which is the same as it was in 2008), I decided to run this week's event in USPW's home region, the South East. The game is telling me that we are going to get around 5,667 fans, so I choose the Huntsville Fairgrounds (5,000 capacity) as tonight's venue.

Time to book the show. Much like the rest of 2010, the booking of the card is very much like in 2008. There are some added extras for this year's version that include being able to change the match intensity and danger levels of a particular match and an upgraded analysis which shows you a total cost of the show and a more detailed analysis of the unused workers. For example, this week's show is costing me $10,350 to run (includes backstage rules like catering). With this information out of the way, it's time to run our event.

USPW American Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 1, January 2010

5,000 people at Huntsville Fairgrounds

Pre-Show

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, The Hillbillys defeated Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine in 7:49 when Al The Hillbilly defeated Casey Valentine by pinfall with a Southern Legdrop. - E+

Notes: Pete The Hillbilly was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The color commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Cameron Vessey is improving in Technical skills. Cameron Vessey is improving in Performance skills. Casey Valentine is improving in Rumble skills. Al The Hillbilly is improving in Performance skills. Pete The Hillbilly is improving in Rumble skills. Pete The Hillbilly is improving in Performance skills.

In an extremely poor match, Giant Redwood defeated Brett Starr in 8:25 by pinfall with a Standing Splash. - E-

Notes: Giant Redwood was exhausted by the end. The match was too long given who was involved. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Giant Redwood is improving in Rumble skills.

Response From Commissioner Doom (Road Agent): I think Giant Redwood needs to be booked a little smarter; he needs shorter matches, he was totally exposed by the length of this one.

Main Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Freddie Datsun defeated Andre Jones in 12:42 by disqualification following interference from Mick Muscles. During the match we also saw Des Davids run in and attack Andre Jones, and Danny Rushmore also attack Datsun. - D+

Notes: Andre Jones is improving in Performance skills.

After the chaos from the feud between The People's Team and The Towers Of Power spills to the back, Andre Jones is left in the ring. The Force comes out tells Jones that he wants his rematch for the Television title. Jones tells him that he should be more worried about his quarter final match next week against Jumbo Jackson and leaves the ring. (3 minutes, major) - D+

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Darryl Devine defeated Captain USA in 6:33 by pinfall with a Devine Dream Drop after Seduction interfered. - E+

Notes: Captain USA was exhausted by the end. Darryl Devine seemed off his game tonight. Darryl Devine and Seduction are an awkward pairing, they just have no chemistry whatsoever. The announcing quality lifted the match. The color commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Response From Micky Starr (Road Agent): I think Captain USA needs to be booked a little smarter; he needs shorter matches, he was totally exposed by the length of this one.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Nicky Champion defeated Anger in 9:53 by pinfall with a Hawkeye Hammer. - D+

Notes: Nicky Champion seemed off his game tonight. Anger is improving in Performance skills.

The Sheik hypes the menacing T-Rex(3 minutes, major) - C-

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Enygma defeated T-Rex in 17:07 by submission with an Enygma Variation. Enygma makes defense number 1 of his USPW World title. - C-

Notes: T-Rex was exhausted by the end.

Response From Micky Starr (Road Agent): I think T-Rex needs to be booked a little smarter; he needs shorter matches, he was totally exposed by the length of this one.

Enygma is celebrating his latest title defense when out of nowhere, T-Rex's tag team partner and the current number one contender, Tyson Baine, hits the ring. Baine assaults the champion from behind and leaves Enygma completely destroyed. (6 Minutes, Major) - B

Notes: Enygma was very underwhelming. The Enygma vs. Baine (USPW) storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Justice and Caulfield cut a standard babyface promo hyping their upcoming match with Bruce and Baine. (6 Minutes, Major) - C

Notes: The Bruce vs. Caulfield (USPW) storyline has continued with this segment. Chris Caulfield is improving at acting. Chris Caulfield is developing better performance skills.

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Bruce The Giant and Tyson Baine defeated Chris Caulfield and James Justice in 15:18 when Bruce The Giant defeated Chris Caulfield by pinfall with a Giant Choke Slam. - B-

Notes: The Bruce vs. Caulfield (USPW) storyline has continued with this match. Chris Caulfield is improving in Performance skills. Bruce The Giant is improving in Performance skills. Tyson Baine is improving in Performance skills.

Overall: C; 1.09 rating

Note: Even though I didn't write them down, I did turn on the dirt sheet information. Unfortunately there isn't a way to easily copy this information and I was too tired to take the time to jot it all down. I think what I am going to do is copy down one or two of the dirt sheets per event. That way you guys get an idea of what the dirt sheet is all about and I am not spending an insane about of time copy it all down.

Also I don't know if I like having a pop up every time I use a worker for too long in the ring. It's nice, but I can just as easily read the road agent notes and see that info. I do like the added information in the results though. It should be a good help for new diary writers since it gives them a bit of direction on how to write the match.

Prediction Results

Timber (6/7)

Sonfaro (7/7)

Huntman (5/7)

Truth (6/7)

BHK1978 (6/7)

TakerNGN74 (4/7)

trypio (6/7)

angeldelayette (4/7)

Jaded (4/7)

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, The Hillbillys defeated Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine in 7:49 when Al The Hillbilly defeated Casey Valentine by pinfall with a Southern Legdrop. - E+

How can this be true? The match had The Hillbillys in it!!!:D

Friday, Week 1, January 2010

A number of PPV carrier got back to me and after a pick of negotiating, USPW will now be carried by U Demand for the next six months. U Demand is a medium sized carrier that broadcasts everywhere in the US. While I could have gone with a bigger network, I choose U Demand because I was able to get 10% of the revenue split with U Demand instead of 0% with a bigger carrier. This means more money and more money means being able to stay alive for a longer period of time.

Saturday, Week 1, January 2010 to Tuesday, Week 2, January 2010

So it seems that a Cult promotion with C prestige and B momentum isn't good enough for people to accept a written deal. And since you need a written deal to be sent to developmental, creating a developmental promotion was a total waste of money and time. Oh well. In any case, I decided to mix up my hires, limiting myself to four male and four female wrestlers each. SCCW is just going to have to find a roster on it's own. In the end here is who I signed: Kashmir Singh, Island Boy Apollo, Hugh de Aske, Sammy the Shark, Amber Allen, Golden Delicious, Mary Beth Chase, and Sara Marie York as Remmington Remus who will become the promotion's interviewer and pre-show announcer.

And it was at this point where I almost deleted the file to try again with a company like TCW. I selected USPW with the idea of filling up a newly created developmental territory, but thankfully I was able to stave off that urge enough to realize that I've come too far with this little side diary to scrap it and start everything over again. Moving on it was time once again to book another week of American Wrestling TV. We already have two matches on the card because of the National Contendership tournament, so let's just put that on the board.

USPW American Wrestling (Week 2)

USPW National Contender's Quarter Finals: Giant Redwood vs. Java

USPW National Contender's Quarter Finals: Jumbo Jackson vs. The Force

Since the women didn't have a match last week I want to make sure that they are on the card this time around. I also want to set up the PPV match so I'm going to have a post match angle following it that sets up the match. I feel the best person for this role is going to be the former women's champion, Belle Brydon. Luckily, the former Wanda Fish is talented in and out of the ring, so can handle the role. Her opponent of the night will be one of my new hires, Amber Allen. Why Amber? Because ever since my NEO diary I am an Amber Allen mark. That's why.

Singles Match: Amber Allen vs. Belle Brydon

Angles: Promo from Belle Brydon that sets up the 4 way for the PPV

With the undercard set, it's time to focus on main event storylines once again. After a somewhat disappointing result last week, it's time to go all out. I hate when it happens in real life, but I am going to go against my better judgment and have Enygma and Tyson Baine go one on one in a non-title match. I know I'm giving away the main event of PPV, but at this point I don't care. It makes sense that Enygma wants the match since he's been getting assaulted by Baine for the past couple of weeks. Might as well make it a match so you know it's coming. Plus on a gaming side, I'm going to figure out if they have negative chemistry, and if they do I have two weeks to figure a way to change the match-up. For the semi-main event, I'm just going to have a simple match up between two USPW main eventers, Chris Caulfield and T-Rex. It should be a solid match that doesn't step on anyone's toes storyline wise. As the angles, I think Sam Strong needs to announce the PPV deal and I know Enygma needs to explain why the hell he would want to take on Tyson Baine. Finally, I think that Peter Valentine needs to get himself on TV. Even though there is a tournament based around his title, I still think that the champion of the title needs to keep himself in the minds of the fans. All that's left is to fill out the pre-show and we have a show all ready to run.

Semi-Main Event: Chris Caulfield vs. T-Rex

Non-Title: Eygma vs. Tyson Baine

Pre-Show: Hugh de Aske & Sammy The Shark vs. Savage Fury

Pre-Show: Alicia Strong vs. Mary Beth Chase

Angles: Promo from Belle Brydon that sets up the 4 way for the PPV; Sam Strong announces USPW going to PPV this month; Eyngma explains himself; Peter Valentine hypes himself

Note: I realize that Java is pulling double duty, but I his relatively solid stamina should get him threw the night.

Quick Pick: USPW American Wrestling (Week 2)

Cross Dairy Pimpage: Come join TEW 108 in predicting Brooklyn's Finest

Is Java midcarder or upper mid? If he's not upper mid, I'd be REALLY careful about those 2 matches...

I hate Savage Jobbers with a passion.

Quick Pick: USPW American Wrestling (Week 2)

- A few years ago I'd have grumbled and said Redwood. But Java and Redwood are at the same Popularity level, and Java is a much better talent (which isn't saying much but still).

- There will be an Andre Jones Sighting. Jim is after the TV Title. He won't be gunning for two right now (at least, that doesn't appear to be where the storyline is going).

- Belle is an established member of the womans division, and one of your most over members at that. Amber may get the John Cena intro with an amazing display but ultimatly Belles taking this one.

- DQ victory. Either Bruce runs in or Rex tears Caulfield apart and James Justice runs in for the save. Either way, Chris is the better talent, and should be a contender... Once Baine or Bruce takes the belt.

- I'm assuming you're going with a gimmick match for, what I'm guessing will be, the PPV right? I'm not really a fan of this approach, but I can understand it so... Anyway, the non-title stip tells me the big man will take the win to make E(n)ygma vulnerable.

- Because the Fury is that hot fire.

- ... Alicia will be getting TV time somewhere on this show yeah? Anyway, the "All-American Female" will be getting the dupe tonight. Just hope she doesn't get to big for the division.

Great Stuff, Foolinc!

Just wanted to swing in and tell you so. Keep up the great work.

Cheers.

Thanks. Can't wait to see more from Mr. Greed.

Since we already done this once before, let's just go right on to the show.

USPW American Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 2, January 2010

4,854 people at McGraw Arena

Pre-Show

In an extremely short match, Savage Fury defeated Hugh de Aske and Sammy The Shark in 4:34 when Java defeated Hugh de Aske by pinfall with a Greetings From The Island. - D

Notes: The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Tribal Warrior is improving in Performance skills.

In an extremely short match, Alicia Strong defeated Mary Beth Chase in 4:47 by pinfall with a Strong Arm Tactic. - D

Notes: The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

A video plays hyping Enygma vs. Tyson Baine. - B-

Notes: The Enygma vs. Baine (USPW) storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Main Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Jumbo Jackson defeated The Force in 12:25 by pinfall with a Jumbo Avalanche following interference from Andre Jones. - C-

Notes: Shane Sneer did some good work at ringside. The Force was really off his game tonight. The Force is improving in Performance skills.

Dirt Sheet: (+) Segment rating got a bonus from the road agent work of Sam Strong, The Force got a bonus for a good gimmick, The Force got a bonus for Star Quality and Charisma, Jumbo Jackson got a bonus for a good gimmick, managerial help, star quality; (-) The Force was penalized for inconsistency, holding back slightly, Jumbo Jackson got penalized for low morale, stamina, and holding back slightly

Sam Strong comes out and says he has a major announcement to make. He announces that this year's Stars, Stripes, and Slams! It has been sold out, but that they shouldn't worry because they can now watch the event from the comfort of their own homes. That's right, USPW is going to be on PPV! He says that Eygma and Tyson Baine might be the main event in two weeks, but tonight they are going to get a sneak peak as the two get it on in a non-title match (Eygma's own request)!

(6 min; major)- C+

In an extremely short match, Java defeated Giant Redwood in 4:46 by pinfall with a Greetings From The Island. - E+

Notes: The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

New interviewer Remmington Remus interviews Peter Valentine about the four members left in the Contendership tournament. Valentine says that he's not worried because nobody has anything on him. He puts himself over as the greatest champion of the company and wrestling in general.

(3 min, major) - C-

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Belle Bryden defeated Amber Allen in 7:56 by pinfall with a Dish Of The Day. - D-

Notes: The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Amber Allen is improving in Performance skills.

After the match, Belle Brydon gets on the mic and demands that Raven comes down to the ring and give her a title match. This brings out Alicia Strong who questions why Belle should get a shot and respectfully challenges Raven for the title. Alicia's challenge brings out Cherry Bomb who puts down both women as being fragile little flowers and says that the only choice to challenge Raven is herself. Raven comes down and says that all three women are deserving of a shot at the title, so suggests why cut the drama and make the match a 4 way for the title under elimination rules. All three women agree. (3 min, major) - C-

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, T-Rex defeated Chris Caulfield in 10:52 by submission with a Jurassic Crush after interference from Bruce The Giant. - C-

Notes: T-Rex was visibly tiring toward the end. Sheik Mustafa did some good work at ringside. The Bruce vs. Caulfield (USPW) storyline has continued with this match.

Remmington Remus interviews Eygma on why he would want to face Tyson Baine, so close to his title match. Eygma says if Baine is going to attack him week in and week out, he might as well be prepared for it.

(6 min; major) - C+

Notes: The Enygma vs. Baine (USPW) storyline has continued with this segment.

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Enygma defeated Tyson Baine in 20:02 by disqualification. - B

Notes: Enygma was visibly tiring toward the end. Tyson Baine was exhausted by the end. Enygma and Tyson Baine have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The Enygma vs. Baine (USPW) storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd. Tyson Baine is improving in Performance skills.

Dirt Sheet: Segment rating got a bonus from road work of Commissioner Doom, being well booked, and worker chemistry; Tyson Baine got a bonus from chemistry (motivation), high momentum, a good gimmick, going all out, star quality, and charisma. Baine was penalized for stamina and holding back slightly; Eygma got a bonus for high momentum, a good gimmick, going all out, star quality, and charisma. Eygma was penalized for stamina, inconsistency, not dealing with the pressure of trying to go all out, and holding back slightly.

Response From Commissioner Doom (Road Agent): I think Tyson Baine needs to be booked a little smarter; he needs shorter matches, he was totally exposed by the length of this one.

After the match, Tyson Baine continues the assault on Enygma and leaves him completely destroyed. - A

Notes: The Enygma vs. Baine (USPW) storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Overall: C+; 1.24 rating

Notes: It looks like the Enygma and Baine main event will be a good one as the two actually have great chemistry! But once again I think I am going to have to rethink the way I am booking these shows. Even though Remmington is named as the interviewer in the two interview segments, he wasn't really there. I forgot that Adam's default angles don't include the interviewer and was too lazy to create a new angle, so I instead added him to the pre-show announce team and called it a day.

Prediction Results

Jaded (5/7)

NHK1978 (3/7)

Timber (2/7)

Kainlock (3/7)

Sonfaro (5/7)

Archived