Just talking a look through TEW 2010 and trying to come to terms with all the changes this time around and checking out eras.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on what eras you guys would suggest for real life mods, their start and end dates and the trends.

For example, I'm thinking of throwing the Attitude Era in for my 96 mod, I'm not sure when to start it (KOTR 96? Sometime in 97?) and with it the popularity of hardcore, risque etc would increase and we might see a drop off in traditional etc.

Guest Vitamin E
Id say create a few Eras for the Attitude Era, that way the changes occur over time. Like, KOTR96- 97 could have one set of trends, then you could make another Era for the more adult Attitude Era from 98-99.

Real World Eras I'd suggest are:-

US

TV Titans -1955-1965: The era of guys like Gorgeous George and saturday morning wrestling

Golden Age -1965-1979: Height of the Territory system and the beginnings of Superstar wrestkers

Death Of The Territories - 1980-1984: The major players expand and swallow up the smaller territories.

Wrestlemania- 1985-1990 -Wrestling becomes the hottest commodity on TV with crossovers and high network ratings.

Scandals, Streaks and Shenanigans- 1991-Nov 1997: Scandals rock the business, causing many top figures to hide or leave the business. Poor gimmicks and a lack of real drawing power drags the business down till the mid point of the decade. when fresh stars break through. Dirty tricks and talent swapping companies without loyalty makes for exciting live TV, but poisonous locker rooms.

Monday Night Wars-1998-2001: Many say do the attitude era, I disagree. This era is the height of money, ratings and extremeness. Networks and Owners will bid high and talent bills go through the roof. Ratings drops are not tolerated easily and one-upmanship is the name of the game.

One True Vince-2002-Current Vince is the all conquering master of the wrestling business... A bloated talent Roster and high wage bill forces a brand split. The business sees many upstart companies trying to tap into the fans "The E" aren't catering to.

UK

1975-1985: Big Daddy Cool: A Golden era for wrestling in the UK, with weekley TV exposure and a number of future stars making their early steps. Emphasis is on live crowds and occasional American programming.

1985-1994: As Big Daddy and the villains of his day age, TV bosses turn to the new exciting WWE programming from America. The British Bulldogs, Roddy Piper and Hulk Hogan capture the hearts of the British fans and Wrestling is eventually removed from the schedule. A real downtime.

A New Diet 1994-2000: As video tapes from Japan, ECW and Sky's regular WWE broadcasts feed fans their diet of wrestling, a mixture of veterans and youngsters begin to start small, regional feds. Still no TV, but live gates improving.

2000-2010: Wrestling is again popular with live UK crowds, several UK networks and cable channels flirt with UK grown product, however with America poaching the best of the talent and foreign talent remaining expensive, shows often feature younger wrestlers or washed up veterans several years past their prime.

Archived