MAW: The Road To Succession

Thanks to James Casey's brilliant MAW: 10 Golden Rules 08 diary which inspired me to give MAW a go and see if I can do them justice.

I'll avoid complicated backstories and get straight onto the roster in the next post as it stands in 2010 as there has been a few changes since 08.

I'm playing as The Grand Avatar and all settings are on default.

MAW ROSTER

Mid Atlantic Championship

American Patriot

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

The Awesomeness (Huey Cannonball & Jefferson Stardust)

AUTHORITY FIGURE

Rip Chord

MAIN EVENT

American Patriot

Citizen X

Mean Jean Cattley

UPPER MIDCARD

Cameron Vessey

Findlay O'Farraday

Jay Chord

MIDCARD

Ace Youngblood

Brett Starr

Casey Valentine

Max Mayhem

Ricky Douglas

LOWER MIDCARD

Curtis Jenkins

Huey Cannonball

Riley McManus

OPENER

Jefferson Stardust

Keith Vegas

MANAGER

Ernest Forthdyke-Hume

Lisa Bowen

ANNOUNCER

Marv Earnest

COLOUR COMMENTATOR

Duke Hazzard

REFEREE

Jay Fair

TAG TEAM

C-V-2 (Cameron Vessey & Casey Valentine)

Generation X (Brett Starr & Jay Chord)

The Aces Of Mayhem (Ace Youngblood & Max Mayhem)

The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins & Riley McManus)

The Awesomeness (Huey Cannonball & Jefferson Stardust)

STABLE

The Succession (Jay Chord, Brett Starr, Cameron Vessey & Casey Valentine)

MAW The Rip Chord Invitational V

Friday, Week 4, January 2010

C-V-2 (Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine) vs. The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus)

Rip Chord Invitational Match #1

Findlay O'Farraday vs. Ricky Douglas

Rip Chord Invitational Match #2

Hugh de Aske vs. Jay Chord

Rip Chord Invitational #3

Brett Starr vs. Citizen X

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

The Awesomeness (Huey Cannonball and Jefferson Stardust) © w/ Lisa Bowen vs. The Aces Of Mayhem (Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem)

Rip Chord Invitational Final

Brett Starr / Citizen X vs. Findlay O'Farraday / Ricky Douglas vs. Hugh de Aske / Jay Chord

American Patriot © vs. Mean Jean Cattley

Good luck to you on a long successful diary.

C-V-2 (Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine) vs. The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus)

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

The Awesomeness (Huey Cannonball and Jefferson Stardust) © w/ Lisa Bowen vs. The Aces Of Mayhem (Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem)

Brett Starr / Citizen X vs. Findlay O'Farraday / Ricky Douglas vs. Hugh de Aske / Jay Chord

Seconding that good luck. MAW should be fun - just don't try and grow too fast, and watch out for the drug testing :p

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

The Awesomeness (Huey Cannonball and Jefferson Stardust) © w/ Lisa Bowen vs. The Aces Of Mayhem (Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem) I mark for Stardust

Brett Starr vs. Findlay O'Farraday vs. Jay Chord Two members of GenX against one monster face should be an interesting dynamic

American Patriot © vs. Mean Jean Cattley Patriot can carry your company with Cattley as his nemesis. Should be MOTN.

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

MAW The Rip Chord Invitational V

Friday, Week 4, January 2010

Stanley Hall, Mid Atlantic

Attendance: 300 SELL-OUT!

Announcing Team

Marv Earnest, Duke Hazzard and Rip Chord

Marv "You have to favour the well oiled machine that is C-V-2 to have the advantage going into this match."

Rip "Valentine and Vessey certainly are impressive but don't count out the resilience and intestinal fortitude of The Atlantic Connection."

Duke "You can't fault Jenkins and McManus for sheer will and effort inside the ring."

Marv "C-V-2 in complete control here using quick tags to dominate...setting up for the Flying V and they hit it! Vessey covers Jenkins for the pin."

Duke "C-V-2 showing their class here with a good victory."

Winners: C-V-2 (E+)

RCI Match #1

Findlay O'Farraday vs. Ricky Douglas w/ Ernest Forthdyke-Hume

Marv "Ricky Douglas looks to have drawn the short straw as he is up against the monstrous Findlay O'Farraday."

Duke "I'd rather be forced to ride a crazy bull all day than take on O'Farraday."

Rip "O'Farraday's size and strength must arguably make him favourite to win the whole thing."

Marv "Douglas being manhandled here...ATOMIC SPINEBUSTER!"

Rip "The referee could have counted ten and Douglas would still be out. O'Farrady puts down a marker to everyone else with a dominant performance."

Winner: Findlay O'Farraday (E-)

RCI Match #2

Marv "Hugh de Aske is making his MAW debut and we've been hearing good things about the young Belgian but he has his work cut out against Jay Chord."

Rip "He certainly does Marv as Jay is as good as I was in my prime."

Duke "Since when did you praise Jay? I'm hoping de Aske whips Jay's ass."

Marv "Chord setting up for the Cradle Piledriver...and he hits it!"

Rip "Hugh looked good but Jay impressively progresses to the RCI final."

Winner: Jay Chord (D-)

RCI Match #3

Rip "You can never be sure what will happen when the unpredictable Citizen X is in action."

Marv "Citizen X will need to be on his top form to beat the extremely promising Brett Starr."

Duke "They look like they're feeling each other out in the opening exchanges."

Rip "Citizen X finally taking full control of the match...and there's the Flaming Anarchy!"

Marv "That's all she wrote folks as Citizen X takes care of Starr and is the final man to progress to the RCI final which is sure to be a barnstormer."

Winner: Citizen X (D-)

Lisa Bowen is stood backstage with her clients The Awesomeness, Huey Cannonball and Jefferson Stardust.

"What you see before you is the best tag team in the wrestling business today bar none. If Youngblood and Mayhem think they have even the slightest chance of beating my clients then they are deluded as they can only dream of reaching this level of awesomeness. Tonight, we will show everyone exactly why we are the Mid Atlantic Tag Team champions."

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

The Awesomeness (Huey Cannonball and Jefferson Stardust) w/ Lisa Bowen vs. The Aces Of Mayhem (Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem)

Marv "The Awesomeness are definitely not lacking in confidence judging by the words from their manager Lisa Bowen."

Rip "Let's hope their overconfidence doesn't come back to bite them against The Aces Of Mayhem who will be out to take their titles."

Duke "Cannonball and Stardust are in control of the early going isolating Mayhem."

Rip "Youngblood with the hot tag and he unloads on both Cannonball and Stardust...what's Lisa Bowen doing up on the apron?"

Marv "That distraction works as Youngblood turns around straight into the We're Awesome! double team and The Awesomeness retain their titles."

Winners: The Awesomeness (E+)

Jay Chord makes his entrance for the Rip Chord Invitational Final triple threat match and as he emerges from behind the curtain, he's holding a microphone.

"If anyone deserves to win the Rip Chord Invitational, it's a Chord. I guarantee that I will take the first step towards wrestling greatness by easily defeating my two opponents and becoming the Rip Chord Invitational tournament winner."

Citizen X vs. Findlay O'Farraday vs. Jay Chord

Marv “Citizen X and Jay Chord target O'Farraday straight away... they're positioning him next to the announcing table for a suplex...O'Farraday is sent crashing through it and that's surely him out of the match now!”

Rip “I've got something to do...”

Marv “Rip? What's he doing?”

Duke “Distracting Citizen X who's climbed to the top turnbuckle is what he's doing...Jay pulls his legs from under him and he's crotched on the turnbuckle.”

Marv “Jay's going for the Super DDT from up top...and he hits it! Citizen X is not moving as the cover is made. Why would Rip do this? He's just helped Jay win the Rip Chord Invitational trophy!?!”

Rip Chord raises Jay Chord's hand and they hug as the referee checks on the unconscious Citizen X. Rip presents Jay with the Rip Chord Invitational trophy and demands a microphone.

“I know what you're all thinking... how could I do it? I'll tell you why I involved myself in the RCI final and that's to make sure the biggest star of this generation and my son Jay took his first step on the journey to fulfilling his wrestling destiny.”

Brett Starr, Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine come down to the ring to join in the victory celebration. They all shake hands with Rip in the ring and Vessey and Valentine hoist Jay up on their shoulders as he holds the Rip Chord Invitational tournament trophy high in the air.

American Patriot makes his entrance for the Mid Atlantic Championship main event, proudly waving his flag as he makes his way down to the ring.

"I am the American Patriot and I love my country. My passion and pride for the USA makes me proud to be in a wrestling ring and I will use the power of patriotism to emerge victorious against Mean Jean Cattley."

American Patriot vs. Mean Jean Cattley

Marv "American Patriot is a credit to his country as he upholds the virtues of a true patriot and brings honour to the Mid Atlantic Champion."

Duke "Will patriotism be enough against the veteran of MAW, Mean Jean Cattley who is a former two time Mid Atlantic champion and is on a mission to become champion again by any means necessary."

Marv "Cattley showing his vicious side as he jumps Patriot before the bell has even rung. Can Cattley take advantange?"

Duke "Patriot coming back into the match as the fans begin to chant USA which seems to have reawaken him."

Marv "Cattley goes for the Mood Swing...but Patriot reverses it into the Patriot Driver! There's the pin and the referee counts to three. Patriot retains!"

Winner: American Patriot (D-)

Overall Show Rating: E+

Just realised I didn't run the save in admin mode so there is no MAW save :( not sure whether to just start again and re-run the RCI event but just keep going without editing the show I posted.

Ouch. :(

I'd do as you said, but maybe wait for the full game to come out since it's presumably only 24 hours or so away now? At least that way you'd have got the database changes and everything included.

So after the disaster of losing the save due to me being an idiot, I've re-run the Rip Chord Invitiational show and edited the show ratings. The overall show rating dropped from D to E+ but it still equals a decent first show. On the plus side, the crowd went from 204 to a 300 sell-out so not all bad :)

Rip spelt out some goals for me after the show, nothing too surprising amongst them and I expected Rip to want me to make sure Jay is one of the main focal points of the shows.

1. MAW's bank balance to have increased to $200,000 - 24 months

2. Jay Chord's momentum must been kept high (C+) - 18 months

3. Can't hire anyone with poor athletic ability (D-) - 32 months

4. Can't hire anyone who has problems with the law - 12 months

Rip also agreed to lessen the drug testing to a low level before the RCI show as the previous high level was killing us financially although if we grow to a bigger size, i'll look at it again.

Completed the signing of someone who will potentially go straight into the main event, will be looking at the best time to debut them and where they will fit in my plans going forward.

The end of the month financial report was good reading for January as we made close to 6k in profit which is great news.

MAW Wrestling Classic

Friday, Week 4, February 2010

Brett Starr vs. Findlay O'Farraday

Cameron Vessey vs. Curtis Jenkins

Casey Valentine vs. Riley McManus

Hugh de Aske vs. Ricky Douglas w/ Ernest Forthdyke-Hume

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

Citizen X vs. Jay Chord

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

Citizen X vs. Jay Chord

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

Citizen X vs. Jay Chord

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

Citizen X vs. Jay Chord

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

Citizen X vs. Jay Chord

MAW Wrestling Classic

Friday, Week 4, February 2010

Stanley Hall, Mid Atlantic

Attendance: 299

Announcing Team

Marv Earnest, Duke Hazzard and Rip Chord

Rip Chord is in the ring as the show starts.

“Tonight we celebrate the glorious victory when my son Jay against all the odds took his first step on the road to wrestling greatness by winning the Rip Chord Invitational tournament... so please show your appreciation Jay Chord!”

Jay Chord makes his way down to the ring, clutching onto his RCI trophy and arrogantly waving at the fans.

“Thank you Dad, I always knew one day i'd make you proud and this is just the beginning of big things as I lead The Succession to domination of MAW...”

Jay is cut off as Citizen X suddenly jumps the barrier and slides into the ring. Citizen X hits Jay with a flurry of kicks and punches until Rip beckons to the back and Brett Starr, Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine come running out from the back.

They quickly overwhelm Citizen X and leave him down and out in the middle of the ring, as The Succession and Rip stand over him.

Marv "Brett Starr has the unenviable task of trying to take down the mountain of a man in Findlay O'Farraday."

Rip "I'd think O'Farraday should be the one worried about facing a member of The Succession."

Duke "So much for unbiased commentary with your association with The Succession, Rip!"

Marv "Starr steals the dubious pinfall victory with the help of the ropes for leverage, which is sure to infuriate the big man!"

Rip "Steals it? I'd say that Starr just used his brain to outwit the big idiot."

Winner: Brett Starr (E)

Marv "Curtis Jenkins will be out to pull off a shock here but Cameron Vessey will be looking to continue the good night for The Succession."

Duke "You have to give Jenkins credit for effort in the ring but he faces a quality opponent in Vessey."

Marv "Vessey hits the Vessey Driver on Jenkins and this one is over!"

Duke "That Vessey Driver spells trouble for anyone who ends up on the receiving end of it."

Rip "Another victory for The Succession which is proving how dominant they are here in MAW."

Winner: Cameron Vessey (E+)

Marv "After two victories in a row, can Casey Valentine keep the run going here or will Riley McManus use his technical skills to find his way to the win?"

Duke "If The Succession keep up with this, Rip's inflated head will explode."

Rip "Duke, you're just jealous that you weren't the one to see the potential of The Succession and side with them!"

Marv "McManus has done well but that Deep Impact from Valentine finally puts him away."

Rip "This is getting too easy! Who's going to provide some proper competition for The Succession?"

Winner: Casey Valentine (E+)

Keith Vegas is walking along a corridor backstage when suddenly his face meets with a opening door and he's sent crashing to the floor. As Vegas holds his face in a dazed state, Hugh de Aske seems oblivious to what he just did and walks off.

Marv "Hugh de Aske will be looking to get his first victory in MAW under his belt but comes up against a formidable opponent in Ricky Douglas"

Duke "A bit of trivia is that de Aske went to a fancy dress party, passed out and woke up thinking he is an actual pirate."

Rip "You do come out with some utterly stupid things Hazzard!"

Marv "Douglas goes for the Figure Four Leg Lock but is shoved into the corner by de Aske... and rebounds straight into the Cut-Throat Driver and the referee counts to three."

Duke "A hard fought match there but de Aske emerges with the win."

Winner: Hugh de Aske (E+)

Mid Atlantic Tag Team

Marv "The Aces Of Mayhem get a second chance for the Mid Atlantic Tag Team titles but can they overcome the impressive duo The Awesomeness who have the devious Lisa Bowen in their corner?"

Rip "You call her devious but I admire her determination to use any means necessary to win."

Duke "No surprise there seeing as how you are the same kind of people, Rip!"

Marv "Youngblood and Mayhem going for the On The River on Cannonball... what's Bowen doing? she's handed one of the titles to Stardust... who hits Youngblood in the back of the head with it and that has to be a disqualification!"

Rip "Bowen saw her clients were in trouble and used her brains to get them disqualified but they retain the titles. Pure genius!"

Winners: The Aces Of Mayhem (E)

A video is played of a man standing with his back to the camera, in the pouring rain. A voice over says that the Rayne Man is coming to MAW.

Citizen X vs. vs. Jay Chord

Marv "Citizen X has clearly not forgotten Rip helping Jay Chord to beat him but that beating from The Succession earlier must surely be affecting him."

Rip "If I remember right, it was only a matter of time till Jay beat Citizen X and how can I help it if Citizen X is not concentrating properly on his opponent?"

Rip "I'm just going to stretch my legs and stand over by the ring..."

Duke "Why am I not surprised? Rip's helping his son again to win by distracting Citizen X."

Marv "Rip's not fooling anyone here... Citizen X points at Rip and warns him to back off but as Citizen X turns to face Jay, he's met by a Chord DDT!"

Rip "I'm so proud of my son! and he hit a perfect Chord DDT too!"

Rip Chord stands up after the match and climbs into the ring. Rip beckons to Duke Hazzard to join him in the ring.

"Duke, I've decided on some re-structuring for parts of MAW and one of those parts is the three man announcing team which one too many in my opinion. Marv is the announcer and I'm the colour commentator so it looks like you're surplus to requirements so get out of my ring because as of now... you're no longer an employee of MAW!"

Hazzard looks flabbergasted as Rip beckons for security. Duke shouts at Rip that he can't do this to him but Rip just smiles and motions to security to escort Duke to the back and out of the building.

American Patriot is stood backstage with the Mid Atlantic Championship over one shoulder and a USA flag perched over the other one.

"Mean Jean Cattley, you certainly are a formidable opponent but I do not respect the way you conduct yourself around here. I stand up for the values of respect and honesty and giving it your all in whatever you do. I will stand up for these values by giving it everything I have to make sure I retain this Mid Atlantic Championship!"

Marv "How could you do that to Duke? he didn't deserve to be treated like that."

Rip "Marv, i'd shut up if you want to keep your job and get back to more important things like this Mid Atlantic Championship main event between American Patriot and Mean Jean Cattley."

Marv "Cattley has been in a bad mood ever since being beaten by Patriot last month, with Cattley underestimating Patriot's ability and will to win."

Rip "Cattley throwing everything he has at Patriot... Mood Swing! one... two...NOOOO!!! Patriot kicked out !?!?!"

Marv "Cattley is furious as he pounds the mat with his fists... he's going for the Mood Swing again... but Patriot reverses it into a small package to win! Patriot does it again!"

Winner: American Patriot (D-)

The referee hands American Patriot his title and raises his hand, only for Mean Jean Cattley to suddenly attack Patriot. Patriot tries to fight back but a low blow from Cattley stops him in his tracks. Cattley tells Patriot that he will not be denied the Mid Atlantic Championship and plants Patriot with a Mood Swing into the mat. Cattley stands over Patriot and holds the title in the air.

Overall Show Rating: E+

You might have noticed the sacking of Duke Hazzard appearing out of the blue but with Hazzard going into development with RIPW, it was a good way to further the ego stroking of Rip throwing his weight around.

It'll be a two man announcing team for now but I will look into bringing in a replacement colour commentator at some point depending on who's available or rather who I can afford :)

Mean Jean Cattley is doing a great job with American Patriot, helping put him over as a formidable champion and Cattley is really getting the frustration and anger of not beating him across to the fans.

The Succession storyline is progressing nicely and Rip seems to be enjoying working with the four guys, especially Jay.

The show ratings aren't as high as I thought they'd be, seems I need to some adjusting to find the right setup for the show.

Another good profit this month with a profit of 5k, should hit the $200,000 financial goal set out by Rip.

MAW Super Showdown

Friday, Week 4, March 2010

Findlay O'Farraday vs. Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine

Huey Cannonball w/ Lisa Bowen vs. Max Mayhem

Citizen X vs. Jared Johnson

Ace Youngblood vs. Jefferson Stardust w/ Lisa Bowen

Brett Starr vs. Rayne Man

Mid Atlantic Championship - Two Out Of Three Falls

Findlay O'Farraday vs. Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine