APW 2010 - It's Hotter Down Under!

1. Triple S vs. Dingo Devine (#1 contendership for APW Australian title).

2. “The Next Big Things” vs. Crime Wave

3. Boo Smithson vs. Cole Taylor

4. Semi: Harry “The Hitman” Simonson vs. Debonair David Peterson

5. Main Event: Swoop McCarthy vs. Lanny Williams (Non Title Aussie Rules Match)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice and easy to read, in answer to your question - no need to change any fonts at all. :)

Normally wouldn't bet against the champ, even in a non-title match, but I think Lanny takes it here via nefarious means, leading to the rematch for the belt. :)

2. “The Next Big Things”[b/] vs. Crime Wave

I cannot believe the level of participation in this diary. I went with just predictors for the Namedrop; if you are truly offended at being left out I will be sure to include you next time!

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/new/script2.png

Discussion Points (if you're lost for something to do :p):

DDP - worth keeping around or just someone to leech popularity from?

Boo - what could make him truly great?

The East Coast Rebels - threats to the tag scene, or just also rans?

Prediction Competition!

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 240pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="320"><col style="width: 48pt;" span="5" width="64"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt; width: 48pt;" width="64" height="20">

</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">

</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Show 1</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Show 2</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Running Total</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Jaded:</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">4/4</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl64">8</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Kingofkings</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">2</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">drmacbeth</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">2/5</td> <td class="xl64">4</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">gingarob</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">2</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Huntman</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl64">5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Purplecowboy</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl63">2/5</td> <td class="xl64">5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Jingo</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl64">7</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">edenborn</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Zergon</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl64">3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">TheKenwyne</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">1/5</td> <td class="xl64">1</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">BHK1978</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">1/5</td> <td class="xl64">1</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">hrdcoresidebrns</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl64">3</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Next predictions card should go up tomorrow night, aiming for the next show complete on Friday all going well!

Thanks so much for all your support guys, it makes the difference in a diary living or dying.

Damn, can't believe I forgot to do my predictions for this. I would've gotten 'em all right too!

...>_>

Seriously though, another enjoyable show and I really do like the format. Keep up the good work. Was surprised to see Swoop lose but the way you did it made perfect sense and really builds some nice animosity between him and Mackenzie, as well as making him look like the monster he should be!

DDP: You might as well leach overness from him while you can. After all, he's got solid performance stats and ok brawling even if he is getting on a bit I can still see him being useful. Maybe he could be useful in a mentor/protoge style team?

Boo: It'd be interesting to see the title win totally going to Boo's head. A couple more random run-in losses could see him believe he's being screwed? I could see him doing well with the Man on a Mission gimmick. The mission? When you're as good in the ring as he is, you let your actions do the talking. Have him be resentful that you need a perceived "look" to get by in this industry? (Maybe I should've kept that one for myself...hmmm)

The East Coast Rebels: I think they still have a future in the tag division. They're not amazing by any stretch but they're both young, not to mention that Macquarie isn't too far from being good on the stick...and Cole has the charisma that should get him there. It'd take a bit of work but if they could improve their entertainment skills then they could be very handy to have.

I must point out that the points of discussion don't really reflect any views on my part nor give clues to what might happen in the diary; I just wanted to foster chatter. Disclaimer over.

Thanks for the kind comments, gingarob. Almost everyone predicted Swoop would take that win, so I felt it was rather a curveball and I'm relieved you said it made sense :)

Oh yeah I know, I was just giving my thoughts and it turned into me thinking what I'd probably do and just putting that. I would've definitely predicted Swoop to be honest with you (love the guy), the feud over Ceri's honour is good one though (it has a component missing from a lot of current booking...emotion, any fan would be a prick to get behind Lanny after that) and I'm pleased there wasn't a deinitive match between the two this early on.

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/new/website3.png

Quick Picks!

1. “The Next Big Things” vs. East Coast Rebels

2. Dingo Devine vs. Inferno

3. Boo Smithson vs. Triple S (Australian championship)

Co-Main Event: Harry “The Hitman” Simonson vs. Nathan Mackenzie (#1 Contendership for the APW championship)

Co-Main Event: Swoop McCarthy vs. DDP

Co-Main Event: Harry “The Hitman” Simonson vs. Nathan Mackenzie (#1 Contendership for the APW championship)

Quick Picks!

Since they are the next big things:rolleyes:

Sorry mr.head booker but you got a loss here

No reason for a title change

If Mackenzie´s ego is as big as in 2008 then he demanted main event title run in his contract extension

Swoop wins even if it´s non-title

Thank you!

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/new/script3.png

Any comments and criticism widely accepted, any advice makes me improve :)

Predictions competition!

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 288pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="384"><col style="width: 48pt;" span="6" width="64"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt; width: 48pt;" width="64" height="20">

</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">

</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Show 1</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Show 2</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Show 3</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Running Total</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Jingo</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl63">5/5</td> <td class="xl64">12</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Huntman</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl64">9</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Jaded</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">4/4</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">8</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Zergon</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl64">7</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">gingarob</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl64">6</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Purplecowboy</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl63">2/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">BHK1978</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">1/5</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl64">5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">drmacbeth</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">2/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">4</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">edenborn</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">hrdcoresidebrns</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">maskedpropaganda</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl64">3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Kingofkings</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">2</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">TheKenwyne</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">1/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">1</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

The person at #1 after the next show will be given a creative decision to make - so get those predictions in - the predictions card will go up tonight or tomorrow!

Thanks for all your support thus far.

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/new/website4.png

Quick picks key:

1. The Rising Sons vs. The Next Big Things vs. The East Coast Rebels (#1 Contendership for the APW tag team titles)

2. Inferno vs. Alexander Banks

3. Triple S vs. Dingo Devine

4. Swoop McCarthy and Harry "The Hitman" Simonson vs. Lanny Williams and Nathan Mackenzie.

1. The Rising Sons vs. The Next Big Things vs. The East Coast Rebels (#1 Contendership for the APW tag team titles)

2. Inferno vs. Alexander Banks

3. Triple S vs. Dingo Devine

4. Swoop McCarthy and Harry "The Hitman" Simonson vs. Lanny Williams and Nathan Mackenzie

Archived