• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracked it! it was the backstage area holding things back but ive now managed to sign some very over potential workers like Champange Lover for 24 or 36 months.

Thanks for the reminder about Samoan Machine i had him in my first 2010tryout game but he got injured and forgotten about.

Starting with USPW, do you guys tour the whole country? Or just run house shows all around the USA and put TV/PPVs in only popular areas (South east)?

I hold my TV shows in the 4 areas of the US with the highest importance, and then my PPVs in the home regions. I run house shows in the other regions.

i tour all over with USPW as long as i make money. when the contracts start building and the shows don't draw enough, i start running less in other areas.

anyone done a Dev fed with them? i restarted so i could go with written contracts and i signed a few too many with only an hour and a half of tv time a week. i don't wanna go 2 shows even if i could, so i was wondering if i should send some of my big men who suck ass down and improve the skillz of them. but does it work with a cult sized promotion at all now or is the cost too high?

i tour all over with USPW as long as i make money. when the contracts start building and the shows don't draw enough, i start running less in other areas.

anyone done a Dev fed with them? i restarted so i could go with written contracts and i signed a few too many with only an hour and a half of tv time a week. i don't wanna go 2 shows even if i could, so i was wondering if i should send some of my big men who suck ass down and improve the skillz of them. but does it work with a cult sized promotion at all now or is the cost too high?

I created my own very small dev fed for $100k. Its actually really cheap. I have guys like Ekuma, Jebediah, King Kong Kennedy and other big hosses assigned to the roster, with Steve Flash as the trainer. I also have a few women like Amber Allen and Zoe Ammis, although I doubt they learn much. Its more or less to replace Raven, Cherry and Belle when/if they decide to retire soon.

I started a small fed with them. It was alot of fun to watch it grow (like sea monkeys). It was essentially barren the first month, then BOOM new owner and BOOM a whole roster of guys. I only have a handful of young guys to send to developmental but its cool to see it running as a real promotion. I actually hired a few of the guys they picked up after 6 months of improvement.

- You have enough people on written contract to start running house shows, do that.

- Get as stacked a PPV deal as you can possibly get. You're a low risk company, capitalize on that.

- Build your woman's division, it can eventually be your bread and butter. USPW can become the only place for women to work and become huge stars and there are a LOT of talented ladies free for the picking. Worried about SWF and TCW stealing your male stars? They don't want the ladies, make them your go to talents.

- Lower your match ratio for TV down to like... 70%. Angles angles angles.

- Book USPW like USPW. Your fans don't give a crap about top notch ring work. Menace, star quality, charisma. The holy trinity. Book some squash matches, book silly angles, give people goofy gimmicks, don't take things to seriously. Book like your booking to entertain a bunch of six year olds.

- Don't go firing Redwood (his high menace stat means he's a valuable roster member)

- Book Sam Strong while you have him. Have the old fart wrestle and rub his insane overness all over someone your trying to get over. He should be all over your shows, have him manage Nicky or Des. Don't just let him sit there as a road agent.

USPW's fun because it levels the playing field... a guy like Billy Jack Shearer or Ronnie V. Pain becomes as valuable as Hell Monkey or Champagne Lover. I like that, opens up so many weird options when you're thinking about pushes or new hirings.

its too hard to justify pushing red wood. With his lower overness level anyway and so many other better younger big guys around he normaly ends up quitting by my 2-3 months.

I started running inter-gender tag matches and now my womans division is finally useful. Plug some good woman workers with some ****ty over guys and u got a C+ match on your hands.

Push the **** out of Nicky Champion. like stupid crazy push. Sure he is not as good as some guys, but he will NEVER leave. good to have a few of them lying around.

Use the main event. the first 2-3 months u should basically flog the main event workers every chance u get. U need a few guys with A overness if u wanna build the other guys up and keep your ratings from tanking. I have Bruce,enygma, james, Nick, champagne, tyson, t-rex, sam all at or above A's. I inject them into any new guys match and they gain overness just from loosing open matches. My 1 key problem right now is the lack of mid range starts(C+ to B+) because once they get in that area with USPW's product they just shoot up to A's. Chris C is my main gate keeper for my big heels to go through and T-rex is my heel normally, depending on tyson's current push. Bruce should NEVER drop below A's. He is not strong enough in ring like tyson(yeah i just said tyson was good, wanna fight about it?) to get decent ratings without it.

my tag division is lacking in my current game. With a dev comp most of my face's i sign for USPW are down there training while i build some other guys. I have 4-5 teams at D+ pop without counting force/champion and titans. Its a great way to build a group of guys up. The Samoans are gold with USPW and sign them FAST.

I got Art and Bryan from japan early, with Steve Flash already on the roster. Guys on the main roster are trained by them. Having big guys go though flash then art brings up the stats amazingling well and tagging them with Bryan just helps more.

weird thing, i like uspw in this version a lot, its a lot fun and you can do so much. sure the rooster needs a bit of clean up but besides that its so much fun.

the womens devision is also a lot fun to toy with, many stuff you can do there and the women are still some of the best workers in the promotion and deliver good matches(more then the normal midcarders of uspw).

i just signed a working agreement with tcw, and i've got tommy cornell thanks to this(bruce will job a bit more in tcw^^). and thanks to bruces overness i can get everyone from tcw through talent trade, how awsome is that. i dont know yet what i want to do with cornell but i find something interesting

i pushed darryl this time to C because i went Kirk down to dev. when Kirk comes back they might turn heel together, rub off on him. I don't do a massive amount of squashes because of the lack of time. why spend 6 min doing a squash when i could do 6 min on an angle with sam that will give me a B-A rating?

i really need to get more monsters but i am trying to work within an age gap and quality limit. I have most of the good young no talent monsters sitting in dev. Hell is almost ready i think. he has got to D+ in all basics(selling?) and is now a D in brawling. I just sent Steve Flash down, with Larry Wood already down there with a few road agents. i have turned it into a hotbed of bad wrestlers or poor mic people. Roger cage is now a C- brawler, something i would love to use. he is now working on his tech stuff, getting into the D's. He is either going to come back with Sammy and do the tag or fill in the upper card as a solid lower class James Just sice.Jacob jett came up, been he is going to team with mainstream before he gets too high.

my tag division just felt a round of cuts, despite the fact that it was already light to start with. i got rid of the TCW rockstar team after jobbing them down to E-. i almost kept the 2 with good mence, but that age it just was not worth it. Hillbilliy's are gone as well, but who can keep them for a year with a decent division? With mainstream and jacob comming into the division, i am still sort a few. but i wont be able to give them time.

can't WAIT for Peter V to retire. the extra title free's up more space to push people. i am not sure who is gunna end the streak(think he is 36-0 or something lol) but normally its something epic from past games. not sure who is gunna do this 1, as most people i normally hand it off too are past his level. no way i am letting that sack of douch out without some mega L in the score board.

Nick is now in a fued with tyson after beating Bruce twice. The first was in a 3 way pinning Jumbo(B- pop). Bruce then flipped his **** and went after nick every chance he got. Sam went ala Hogan and "b lessed" Nick with the power of the Strong.at the title match, bruce dominated all match, but was caught into a roll up when going for a chokeslam that was on too tightly for even his massive power to over come. Tyson then rolls him after match :-p. thanks Tommy Dreamer

Gunna do a big 4 way for the number 1 contender next month. Tyson will have a sort, but eventful feud. Even if it scores the big ratings, its all just to wait for someone new to come into the title picture. T-Rex aint gettin no title shot any day soon, even at B+ overness.

Has anyone tried to really up the Comedy in USPW? It seems like a good place for it, makes it even more ameniable for sponsors too. And it would also go from putting overness over performance to REALLY putting overness over performance which might be good given I don't have many really talented workers.

We all know how much of a pain Peter Valentine is but here is what i have done.

I had install a new GM, Eric Tyler as it happens and when Peter intentionally got himself DQ'd on purpose to avoid losing the belt i had Eric come out and strip him of it anyway, following show Peter attacks Eric and he promptly fires him, all a work naturally and Peter is in fact is off to developemental, a small local fed i had already setup, this is great in several ways 1.Peter is out of my hands and i dont have to waste program time on him even pre show and 2nd he is being trained to improve entertainment skills so if a time comes when he somehow refuses to stay in the dev fed he might be half useful as a manager.

Intend to try similar trick with Giant Redwood just to keep his mate Danny sweet but even then another cunning plan at hand as Redwood is on a PPA deal with 17 months left and im hoping to get him to sign a really short written deal thus letting him go sooner when the contract expires.

• 2 months later...
What is the general experience with Bruce the Giant? A few people mentioned that Sam Strong resigned him on his own; should I count on this? His contract runs up in a couple months and it would make sense, storyline-wise, for him to win the World Title, but not if he's just going to leave the promotion...

Ok how the heck do Enygma and Jumbo Jackson have a bad match when there's no bad chemistry between them? Enygma's at B- popularity and Jumbo's at C- popularity and there was no notes about either of them being off their game. By all rights they should have managed at least a C, possibly a C+.

I am considering doing a Team America VS "Bad Guys(NO NAME YET)"

Team America would be Captain USA leading it. American Machine, The Patriot, and then a 4th member who has a USA gimmick. Maybe Sgt. Bubba Lee West.

"Bad Guys" would be Corporal Doom, and Sheik Mustafa managing Fumihiro Ota, A Russian, A French, and a 4th guy. Not sure who to put in this group or what to name them but it leads to my next big storyline that I wanna do.

Any ideas???

I'm kind of curious to see how a Painful Procedure reunion will do in USPW.

In my USPW game I've brought in BJ Shearer, Randall Hopkirk & Ronnie V Pain as 'The Band'. I've also got Jefferson Stardust in my development fed, a re-opened SCCW. The plan is to call him up in around 6 months as the lead singer of 'The Band' and hopefully have him become the next Jack Bruce, Troy Tornado etc.

We'll see...

Oh, and another thing....

In my USPW, I have Hells Bouncer (re-named Damien Baal) managed by The Guru. I'm monster pushing him with Menace angles and having him feuding with Sam Strong (not in-ring....yet) and attacking people like James Justice, Chris Caulfield, Enygma etc.

Eventually, it's going to lead to a match with Nicky Champion in which he tries to burn Champion alive (yes, in USPW) The product is changing want it to be riskier/edgier. I've already tested whether or not Sam lets me change things and he does (had Risque set to medium and Hardcore to low)

What I was wondering was what kind of impact this will have on match grades, the fans etc.

Has anyone tried to really up the Comedy in USPW? It seems like a good place for it, makes it even more ameniable for sponsors too. And it would also go from putting overness over performance to REALLY putting overness over performance which might be good given I don't have many really talented workers.

For some odd reason while Comedy starts at Low for USPW and is an excellent fit for the product. The default data has it capped at Low. I generally override this as I find it ridiculous especially seeing as Risque and Cult start at none and can go to Medium when those are not the type of thing you would think of with USPW so I set those max low in exchange.

Archived