Board Effort Towards a Fictional Universe...

I'm not sure, just going with the flow. I think the cornellverse has a fed in every region of america but the rest of the world has open areas.

Cool. ^_^

I've just realized a big problem with my renders. Because I'm lighting them with a more or less even/netrual light source they keep coming out badly on the blue bg. I couldn't figure out why they looked better on the grey bg until just now. I'll have to light them differently in the future. :)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool. ^_^

I've just realized a big problem with my renders. Because I'm lighting them with a more or less even/netrual light source they keep coming out badly on the blue bg. I couldn't figure out why they looked better on the grey bg until just now. I'll have to light them differently in the future. :)

One thing I've always noticed on any renders though from everyone is that darker skinned characters are harder to see. Not sure if it's just my old monitor that has survived 4 computers or if it's a lighting thing.

One thing I've always noticed on any renders though from everyone is that darker skinned characters are harder to see. Not sure if it's just my old monitor that has survived 4 computers or if it's a lighting thing.

The light source being used probably highlights the features on lighter skin best, but an adjustment isn't being made when darker skinned characters are being rendered.

The light source being used probably highlights the features on lighter skin best, but an adjustment isn't being made when darker skinned characters are being rendered.

I'm not sure where I saw it but someone posted a link to a lot of free stuff to use in DAZ. Poses, hair, outfits, morphs, etc.

http://z.about.com/d/gojapan/1/5/p/L/japanmapcolorstepbystepedit.gif

another idea has a national fed in Hokkaido, a national fed in Kanto, the displaced American cult fed in Okinawa/Kyushu and either a second cult or third national in Kinki with the rest as buffer zones either empty or with developmental feds or indy feds of regional size or smaller.

It could be interesting if the displaced American fed had a developmental territory outside of Japan.

bhk, mjd, kobe? anyone else? what's your potential idea for Japan?

I was thinking about doing the whole MMA/Wrestling hybrid promotion. Maybe have the wrestlers seperated into different stables that would serve as their teams. And then have weight restricted belts and have each team have a wrestler that is able to compete for said belts.

The only problem is, if a trend changes this kind of a promotion would be in danger of losing fans.

I also wanted to add that I am not sure if this would even work, but I will try it out and see.

Hate to say it but if you are talking about a Wrestling/MMA crossover promotiion which from the sounds of it you are. (Correct me if I am wrong) Those promotions don't really work take for instance INSPIRE in the TEW 08 Cornellverse its not around in 2010's game and didn't really work in the long run.

Hate to say it but if you are talking about a Wrestling/MMA crossover promotiion which from the sounds of it you are. (Correct me if I am wrong) Those promotions don't really work take for instance INSPIRE in the TEW 08 Cornellverse its not around in 2010's game and didn't really work in the long run.

I was thinking about doing the whole MMA/Wrestling hybrid promotion. Maybe have the wrestlers seperated into different stables that would serve as their teams. And then have weight restricted belts and have each team have a wrestler that is able to compete for said belts.

The only problem is, if a trend changes this kind of a promotion would be in danger of losing fans.

I also wanted to add that I am not sure if this would even work, but I will try it out and see.

Sad thing is Japan is more open to an MMA crossover style in the real world but it's not reflected in game.

I may have figured a way around this obstacle though, I'll run some tests on my theory.

Yeah I set up the product and it does not work all that well. However, that could be the fun of playing as such a promotion. The challenge to keep it from going under and losing fans.

Yeah I set up the product and it does not work all that well. However, that could be the fun of playing as such a promotion. The challenge to keep it from going under and losing fans.

I think I might have found a way for it to stay around longer. It might end up stuck at a smaller size for as long as it would be around. It's not exactly a growth minded style.

Still waiting for clarity to double check his "for mod use" renders but if everything goes right I'll post some renders on a new page in my website for viewing next week. I plan on getting Kobe a file this weekend so she can ok the ones she wants to use.

I think I might have found a way for it to stay around longer. It might end up stuck at a smaller size for as long as it would be around. It's not exactly a growth minded style.

One thing lacking is a sufficient number of MMA-crossover wrestlers. There are 12 in the database, one is a woman, 2 are on tour and 7 are under written contracts. So that leaves the one they signed and the guy who is still unemployed. LOL

Not a good start for an MMA fed. :p

One thing lacking is a sufficient number of MMA-crossover wrestlers. There are 12 in the database, one is a woman, 2 are on tour and 7 are under written contracts. So that leaves the one they signed and the guy who is still unemployed. LOL

Not a good start for an MMA fed. :p

We can always vuild more in the free agent database after filling the roster. :)

For Japan, if there's going to be a displaced US Fed, I can think of a few workers who would fit well in it from my ideas. I haven't messed with 2010 in a while because I still haven't bought it and I've got a decent SWF game in 2008, but I've got a notebook that's filling up with worker ideas to fill up SHH and UK Lucha, as well as potential other companies/FA's.

For Japan, if there's going to be a displaced US Fed, I can think of a few workers who would fit well in it from my ideas. I haven't messed with 2010 in a while because I still haven't bought it and I've got a decent SWF game in 2008, but I've got a notebook that's filling up with worker ideas to fill up SHH and UK Lucha, as well as potential other companies/FA's.

Now that I think about, during a few test runs, I've seen a guy who's got your name all over it. :p

There is no way my weight class idea would work out. You would have to have every title in the weight class be a floating title, because what would happen once a certain worker grew to popular for a title?

Even the floating titles would be hard to do because once you have a Main Eventer win such a title you would not be able to get the title off the person. Unless you either give it to another ME or you want to damage their popularity.

There is no way my weight class idea would work out. You would have to have every title in the weight class be a floating title, because what would happen once a certain worker grew to popular for a title?

Even the floating titles would be hard to do because once you have a Main Eventer win such a title you would not be able to get the title off the person. Unless you either give it to another ME or you want to damage their popularity.

depends on how many weight classes you're looking at.

You can somewhat decently handle weight classes if the promotion you're using is highly rated on performance. You can get whacked-out popularity issues still, but the audience won't necessarily give a match a significantly lower rating if one worker is less popular.

I don't know if the roster size check uses each individual roster position or just the total number of workers you have, but if it doesn't care, you can also just push everybody to midcard/upper midcard/main event and that way there might not be as many problems.

It isn't really natural, but it can technically be done.

Also, if the fed is big enough, you can just keep workers to their own weight classes and still function. You can push guys and job guys to keep new match-ups going. In a performance-heavy fed, you can easily use Upper Midcarders with Main Eventers, so if you've got 2 ME's and 2 UMC's per weight class, you've got a few title match-ups ready.

It's rough, and probably not recommended, but if you really wanted to, it could sort of work.

You can somewhat decently handle weight classes if the promotion you're using is highly rated on performance. You can get whacked-out popularity issues still, but the audience won't necessarily give a match a significantly lower rating if one worker is less popular.

I don't know if the roster size check uses each individual roster position or just the total number of workers you have, but if it doesn't care, you can also just push everybody to midcard/upper midcard/main event and that way there might not be as many problems.

It isn't really natural, but it can technically be done.

Also, if the fed is big enough, you can just keep workers to their own weight classes and still function. You can push guys and job guys to keep new match-ups going. In a performance-heavy fed, you can easily use Upper Midcarders with Main Eventers, so if you've got 2 ME's and 2 UMC's per weight class, you've got a few title match-ups ready.

It's rough, and probably not recommended, but if you really wanted to, it could sort of work.

I wouldn't go overboard though with weight classes or you might only have one Main Eventer in a division with a top contender who is only a lower midcarder or worse.

Also, currently in discussion: Short diaries to introduce our "original" characters to the forums as a way to promote the mod before it comes out.

Even I, someone who has never considered one or even read one till now, am considering one to introduce some characters.

Edit:

"Heir to the Empire 2009 - a board effort diary" was started earlier today.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140961

Archived