Board Effort Towards a Fictional Universe...

What is the deal with England? Why are there no older promotions over there? Just curious because I am doing the bio of Desmond Morgan III father and there is no real history to England.

Also here is an arena bio that I just did:

If they're all new make up some old promotions that closed before the mod starts and say the young, vibrant promotions pushed the old traditional promotions out of business. Job done :D

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are probably going to get sick of hearing it but great work once again!

Also, while I am thinking about it. We need maybe twenty or so free agents who will be able to wrestle in hardcore matches. They should be based in the Tri-State area, because LCHW opens in month two of the game and they will need some hardcore workers to populate their initial roster.

when i finished my AWC renders (i have 3 or 4 to do) ill do them.are the workers already in the data, or do they need adding.thanks for the compliments.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/aja_nyc/TEW%20People/CV%20Randoms/Random07C.jpg

Thanks aja!

What I love about that mask that you just did, is it fits the story. What I mean is, his story is that the fans and the other wrestler's know who is behind the mask and it think that with his prominent chin sticking out of the mask, well that just makes it perfect!

when i finished my AWC renders (i have 3 or 4 to do) ill do them.are the workers already in the data, or do they need adding.thanks for the compliments.

Right now we just need bios and stats for the workers. I am going to start writing some as soon as I am done doing some English wrestler's bios.

Thanks aja!

What I love about that mask that you just did, is it fits the story. What I mean is, his story is that the fans and the other wrestler's know who is behind the mask and it think that with his prominent chin sticking out of the mask, well that just makes it perfect!

Right now we just need bios and stats for the workers. I am going to start writing some as soon as I am done doing some English wrestler's bios.

so are you adding the workers or do you want me to just do 20 hardcore wrestler renders and you assign them.or do you want me to do the bios/stats and renders.im easily confused.

Beyond James Brosnan dominating I don't really think that there is a UK history yet, to speak of. :o

In the absence of anyone else having any ideas I'll work on fleshing out the regions back story (something about it starting strong, regional wars pushing it into a state of disarray for a time and then SAW coming along and making it relevant again), but at the moment there isn't much of anything.

Doing a bunch of stat editing right now. The worker bio grammar (and the last quarter of promotion bios) will just have to wait until another time but I'll be sending out a beta in a few hours.

Toned down all of the top row stats, psychology and camera (sex appeal/menace/SQ skills) but it still needs some more work. The rest of performance (basics/safety/consistency/selling) needs to be toned down a bit as well, but it really isn't data breaking I don't think and I'm tired. :o

The youth (under 30 workers) have waaaaaaaay too high in entertainment (mic/charisma/acting) skills) and also their respect is much too high given their popularity and ages. I'll keep working on it after I send the data out, but I said I'd post it today so let me get to it. ^_^

As for who wants the data next I know Rayelek and hellshock need to add some stuff. Anyone else? If not I'd like to keep working on the copy I'm about to send out for a bit longer. hellshock if you could post any completed bios/send them via text I'd appreciated it as it would better help me to understand the Aussie landscape for the local promotion I'm making there. ^_^

Will probably have to re-tweak everything once more when we get the rest of the additions which is fine.

This has me worried. A few of my young workers, their entertainment skill are all they have right now :(

Yeah I noticed there are some really talented guys on the mic in your fed. On the one hand I don't want to drop them much because it's obvious that you designed them around their entertainment skills, but on the other hand if a worker has A/A/A in the three core entertainment skills then he/she is basically Rock/Hogan/Austin/Prime Ric Flair good. That's basically a twice a generation talent/a top 15 entertainer in the history of the business type guy.

There were about 16-17 guys and gals in our data with those sorts of entertainment skills (I'm guilty of adding 1-2 of them :o), and most of them were under the age of 35. Half of them were even in their teens or 20's. Theoretically there are probably a few undiscovered workers out there like that in real life, but in practice giving a worker that young that kind of talent doesn't make sense from a game play perspective. I've edited the data down a bit from those numbers but haven't really gone anywhere near as far as I would have liked because I wanted to solicit community feedback on what kind of database you guys want to have (a more challenging database i.e. the CVerse/genadi's mods where a lot of planning has to be done to build and maintain a successful promotion or alternatively a more fantasy based world where you can pick pretty much any promotion and be successful booking whatever you want - both are fun to play but need to be balanced very differently).

I would encourage people to look at the Cverse and other more challenging real world mods and see what the stat distribution looks like since that's the direction I've been going in as far as stat balancing so far. If you guys don't want to go in that direction let me know before I drop the skills of all the workers currently in the data. :)

Guys that have a top row stat (brawling/hardcore/puro/aerial/mat/sub/chain) above 85 or that have more than one entertainment stat (mic/charisma/acting) above 90 make up less than 5-10% of the workers in a typical "well balanced" data sets total.

Actually, if you do a C-Verse worker filter search for workers with above a 90 (A) in any two entertainment stats or one singular top row stat (brawling/hardcore/puro/aerial/mat/sub/chain) you won't find more than 1-2 workers in any category. This is because to get a performance based A/A* match all you really need is one worker with an A psychology fighting a worker with a B top row stat. If there are too many of those guys in the game then every promotion effectively puts on A* shows on a regular basis. :o A lot of people assume that to get A show grades you need to have a lot of workers with A stats, but really it isn't this way at all. Having even a few guys with B+ psychology coupled with a few guys with 1 or 2 B- top row stats is all that's really needed to carry a high cult/national promotion. Anything more and it's easy to build an international juggernaut. ^_^

Honestly, as this is a community project first and foremost if our group decides collectively that the most important thing is for everyone to have their ideal/dream promotion that's what we should do. But if we do it that way there aren't going to be any promotions that are challenging to play as. Like I said, I'm fine with either. :D I'm used to playing a challenging data set but as long as everyone is having fun with it I'm okay with any decision.

If we do decide to try and balance the data to be challenging to play like the CVerse/Genadi's mods though then the workers in all of the promotions are going to have to be toned down considerably from where they are right now though. :o ^_^

I'm going to send the data out in a bit. I was going to do some more stat editing but honestly until we figure out how we want to balance the data I'm probably spinning my wheels.

I would encourage everyone to look at the CVerse, see how many As, Bs, Cs etc. there are in every stat and to keep in mind our number of workers in each of those categories will probably be around 60% if we decide to go in that direction (our data will probably be around 1250 workers against the CVerses almost 2100).

If I'm coming off as preachy SO sorry for that because it isn't my attention btw. I'm just trying to explain how the game engine handles stats so no one gets *too* mad at it me editing their wrestlers down a bit when they get the current data. :o

Yeah I noticed there are some really talented guys on the mic in your fed. On the one hand I don't want to drop them much because it's obvious that you designed them around their entertainment skills, but on the other hand if a worker has A/A/A in the three core entertainment skills then he/she is basically Rock/Hogan/Austin/Prime Ric Flair good.

Did I do that? If I did I'm real sorry. I'll check back through my data ;)

Did I do that? If I did I'm real sorry. I'll check back through my data ;)

I don't remember tbqh. :o

Sending the data out to the following people now:

aja_nyc, BHK1978, Comradebot, ewanite, Fullhouse, Hellshock70, jhd1, MJStark, Paulskln, Rayelek.

^^ If anyone else wants it then just shoot me a PM/make a post or PM one of the above people who now has it. ^_^

Also, remember that this is a WIP. If anyone isn't happy with the direction we're going in (even if it's something small) then just speak up so we can figure out a way to do a mod that everyone is happy with. :)

I will say, I find the idea of a "powder-puffy 'fantasy' super duper easy book mode" mod completely unacceptable. If we don't attempt to balance it like the C-Verse, then I will consider the months and months of effort put into this mod an utter and complete waste.

I don't want that, and no one should want that. I want to help create a new universe for TEW players to explore. There is no long term satisfaction to be had from being able to book smash hit shows with no effort. Folks become bored with the lack of obstacles and will move on. I don't want that. Period. My foot? Down on the subject.

So, everyone? Look at the default C-Verse. Look at your promotions' positions in the world and the kind of roster they're supposed to have, and then compare it to a company of similar position and style in the C-Verse. Are your guys way more over than there's by a vast majority? Do your Regional company guys look like they have the talent level you usually only see in a Cult or higher company's main event in the C-Verse?

With USSR, I've heavily based it's basic structure on that of 2005 USPW, and will continue to do so when I can. Heck, some of their workers fit the same niche positions I saw on the USPW 2005 roster. For example, Wolfgang Wunderkind is a young, talented, charismatic, well-rounded, and generally smaller that the stars in the company... just like Darryl Devine. RRWF, meanwhile, borrows heavily from both CZCW and 4C.

Also, for those looking at the data... all of my guys do have mainly placeholder stats, so maybe me giving examples isn't the best method, hehe. But I hope my basic point here is understood. Promotion popularity, worker skill and overness... I strongly feel it should be reflective of the C-Verse. Obviously it's a far different world, but that doesn't mean every company should have half a roster with Steve Flash level talent.

What is the deal with England? Why are there no older promotions over there? Just curious because I am doing the bio of Desmond Morgan III father and there is no real history to England.

Also here is an arena bio that I just did the name of it is the James K. Polk Auditorium:

Beyond James Brosnan dominating I don't really think that there is a UK history yet, to speak of. :o

In the absence of anyone else having any ideas I'll work on fleshing out the regions back story (something about it starting strong, regional wars pushing it into a state of disarray for a time and then SAW coming along and making it relevant again), but at the moment there isn't much of anything.

Not much of a history but in the bio of "The Golden Boy" Clay Harris I wrote in that he once ran a UK based promotion called Northen-Pro that eventually folded. Kid Way Cool, The British Bullfrog & The Junkyard Frog's bios mention having wrestled there.

Submitted for consideration (and/or alterations):

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/aja_nyc/TEW%20LOGOS/OUTLAW.jpghttp://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/aja_nyc/TEW%20LOGOS/OUTLAW2.jpg

Could it be possible to give the skull red eyes or eyes the same color as the background on the first one and eyes matching the background of the second also?

Are there any other feds to be added to the list?

LOGOS

COMPLETE

Aussie Wrestling Company -FINISHED

Breakdown Wrestling - FINISHED

Chicago Live Action Wrestling - FINISHED

FWC: Florida Wrestling Federation - FINISHED

FWC: Hawaii Island Wrestling - FINISHED

Kokka No Wrestling - FINISHED

Lone Star State Wrestling League (LSSWL) - FINISHED

Mexico Pro Wrestling Alliance (MPWA) - FINISHED

National Wrestling Outback - FINISHED

North American Continental Pro Wrestling - FINISHED

Pretty United States Athletes - FINISHED

Prince Edward Island Pro Wrestling (PEIPW) - FINISHED

Pyramid No Limits Wrestling - FINISHED

Riviera Championship Wrestling - FINISHED

Sexy Athletes Wrestling - FINISHED

Svenska Förbundet för Brottning - FINISHED

Takamora Lucha Pro - FINISHED

Tijuana Battle Zone - FINISHED

United Soviet Superstars Revolution (USSR) FINISHED

United States All-Stars (US-A) FINISHED

INCOMPLETE

Banners pending

Bizarre Wrestling Association (BWA) - FINISHED, banner pending

La Gran Liga de Lucha de Mundo (GLLM) - FINISHED, banner pending

Scotland Hardcore Havoc - FINISHED, banner pending

UK Lucha -FINISHED, banner pending

Banners needed

Aotearoa: Wrestling Exemplified - LOGO FINISHED, no banner

Big Sky Wrestling - LOGO FINISHED, no banner

Caribe Deportes Entretenimiento - LOGO FINISHED, no banner

Top Wrestling Alliance - LOGO FINISHED, no banner

Logos and Banners needed

Elite Wrestling Organization (EWO)

Lady Sports: Ultimate Wrestling (LSUW) ----- accidentally left off

Liberty City Hardcore Wrestling (LCHW)

Fight Like Irishmen (FLI)

Nashonaru Joshi Puroresu Shoukan (NJPS) ----- new joshi promotion added

OUTLAW Wrestling (OW)

Revolution Russian Wrestling Federation (RRWF)

Sports Entertainment Xtreme (S.E.X.)

World Wrestling Association (WWA)

Pending Approval

There's a touring US fed call Coast to Coast wrestling that I had created as a future promotion. I may have never submitted it to the data and only have it in the version of the data that I've been playing.

Two things: I think alot of how hard or challenging the game is depends heavily on the product of the promotions. For instance in the C-Verse, there are certain feds that people will swear by are easy to book and succed with than others that are harder. On that note lets be sure that every promotions feels different and doesnt play out the same. In other words lets be sure there is a good variety among the promotion products.

Yeah I noticed there are some really talented guys on the mic in your fed. On the one hand I don't want to drop them much because it's obvious that you designed them around their entertainment skills, but on the other hand if a worker has A/A/A in the three core entertainment skills then he/she is basically Rock/Hogan/Austin/Prime Ric Flair good. That's basically a twice a generation talent/a top 15 entertainer in the history of the business type guy.

There were about 16-17 guys and gals in our data with those sorts of entertainment skills (I'm guilty of adding 1-2 of them :o), and most of them were under the age of 35. Half of them were even in their teens or 20's. Theoretically there are probably a few undiscovered workers out there like that in real life, but in practice giving a worker that young that kind of talent doesn't make sense from a game play perspective. I've edited the data down a bit from those numbers but haven't really gone anywhere near as far as I would have liked because I wanted to solicit community feedback on what kind of database you guys want to have (a more challenging database i.e. the CVerse/genadi's mods where a lot of planning has to be done to build and maintain a successful promotion or alternatively a more fantasy based world where you can pick pretty much any promotion and be successful booking whatever you want - both are fun to play but need to be balanced very differently).

I would encourage people to look at the Cverse and other more challenging real world mods and see what the stat distribution looks like since that's the direction I've been going in as far as stat balancing so far. If you guys don't want to go in that direction let me know before I drop the skills of all the workers currently in the data. :)

Guys that have a top row stat (brawling/hardcore/puro/aerial/mat/sub/chain) above 85 or that have more than one entertainment stat (mic/charisma/acting) above 90 make up less than 5-10% of the workers in a typical "well balanced" data sets total.

Actually, if you do a C-Verse worker filter search for workers with above a 90 (A) in any two entertainment stats or one singular top row stat (brawling/hardcore/puro/aerial/mat/sub/chain) you won't find more than 1-2 workers in any category. This is because to get a performance based A/A* match all you really need is one worker with an A psychology fighting a worker with a B top row stat. If there are too many of those guys in the game then every promotion effectively puts on A* shows on a regular basis. :o A lot of people assume that to get A show grades you need to have a lot of workers with A stats, but really it isn't this way at all. Having even a few guys with B+ psychology coupled with a few guys with 1 or 2 B- top row stats is all that's really needed to carry a high cult/national promotion. Anything more and it's easy to build an international juggernaut. ^_^

Honestly, as this is a community project first and foremost if our group decides collectively that the most important thing is for everyone to have their ideal/dream promotion that's what we should do. But if we do it that way there aren't going to be any promotions that are challenging to play as. Like I said, I'm fine with either. :D I'm used to playing a challenging data set but as long as everyone is having fun with it I'm okay with any decision.

If we do decide to try and balance the data to be challenging to play like the CVerse/Genadi's mods though then the workers in all of the promotions are going to have to be toned down considerably from where they are right now though. :o ^_^

I'm going to send the data out in a bit. I was going to do some more stat editing but honestly until we figure out how we want to balance the data I'm probably spinning my wheels.

I would encourage everyone to look at the CVerse, see how many As, Bs, Cs etc. there are in every stat and to keep in mind our number of workers in each of those categories will probably be around 60% if we decide to go in that direction (our data will probably be around 1250 workers against the CVerses almost 2100).

If I'm coming off as preachy SO sorry for that because it isn't my attention btw. I'm just trying to explain how the game engine handles stats so no one gets *too* mad at it me editing their wrestlers down a bit when they get the current data. :o

I will say, I find the idea of a "powder-puffy 'fantasy' super duper easy book mode" mod completely unacceptable. If we don't attempt to balance it like the C-Verse, then I will consider the months and months of effort put into this mod an utter and complete waste.

I don't want that, and no one should want that. I want to help create a new universe for TEW players to explore. There is no long term satisfaction to be had from being able to book smash hit shows with no effort. Folks become bored with the lack of obstacles and will move on. I don't want that. Period. My foot? Down on the subject.

I've spoke on this matter before and I'll add my two cents again. Stat balancing is fine and needed, you need it so the game isnt unrealistically top heavy or bottom heavy. However I always cringe when I see the term balance it like the C-Verse I just hope we arent following some strict mathmatical equation along the lines of only 15% of the c-verse guys have this stat so we're only going to let 15% of the guys in our mod have that stat. In that case then we arent creating a new universe for TEW players to explore. We're creating a alternate C-verse just with different names and renders.

So, everyone? Look at the default C-Verse. Look at your promotions' positions in the world and the kind of roster they're supposed to have, and then compare it to a company of similar position and style in the C-Verse. Are your guys way more over than there's by a vast majority? Do your Regional company guys look like they have the talent level you usually only see in a Cult or higher company's main event in the C-Verse?

With USSR, I've heavily based it's basic structure on that of 2005 USPW, and will continue to do so when I can. Heck, some of their workers fit the same niche positions I saw on the USPW 2005 roster. For example, Wolfgang Wunderkind is a young, talented, charismatic, well-rounded, and generally smaller that the stars in the company... just like Darryl Devine. RRWF, meanwhile, borrows heavily from both CZCW and 4C.

Comradebot makes a good point here, we should really be sure that the workers skills fit the niche that is their promotions before assuming it's bloated. I think we should really take into account the promotions and their profiles. There are some promotions that should have alot of high entertaiment guys, high menace, sex appeal etc..

For instance SAW, BWA and from what i'm reading above USSR I can see having alot of workers that are high in entertainment. NOT THEIR ENTIRE ROSTER!! but a good portion of the wrestlers because these feds are entertainment based. Especially with BWA, I may be wrong and whoever created BWA chime in... but in my times of playing the mod and looking at the data I always thought that BWA's creator undersold the roster on entertainment mostly charisma and acting since it's suppose to be cartoonish and comedy based. Now the data I have may be old and I dont mean the entire roster, I think there are 3 guys with B entertainment and the rest are D's and E's. If some of the D's and E's were higher in the C's then I wouldnt have a problem with that because it makes sense with what the promotion history and profile is. SAW's roster for example should have high numbers on sex appeal, star quality and entertainment because it makes sense based on what SAW is.

BSW has a promotion full if guys high in menace, but that is good and it fits what BSW is. Although I think BSW creator undersold his roster on entertainment skills across the board as well. By the way I think BSW is going to be a huge hit with people who play and explore this mod. Just sign a few guys who are good ring generals and a with all menacing workers on the roster in a promotion rated much more on popularity it's should be a gold mine.

Outlaw is a regional promotion, but because several members of it's roster are imports from a now closed cult promotion CWA and technically are banned or blacklisted and couldnt get jobs in the US it will have some workers who are more over and more talented than what you would find in a typical c-verse regional promotion. However that being said most of them are more over in the USA than they are in Canada where the promotion is based.

Random Worker

japanese machine type guy up for grabs.

http://img285.imagevenue.com/loc537/th_13876_Random_122_537lo.jpg

AWC notes

---------

chaotic freeman needs contract picture adding.

prince anderson needs contract picture adding.

the marine needs contract picture adding.

jewell baird bio needs correcting spelling(caree) change to career.

Archived