Path to Glory: ROF We Are Pure Wrestling

The Path to Glory

Chapter 1 - Ring of Fire: We Are Pure Wrestling

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF.jpg

“We are Pure Wrestling.” 'The British Samurai' Robert Brown was holding a State of the Union address. “I'm not going to try and sugar coat our situation. We're hurting. Ever since Jeff Nova took over 21CW, we're rubbish. It's as if the people that used to love our style of wrestling were flipped to that sports entertainment nonsense.”

There is a grumbling in the locker room. The Martin brother's exchange nervous glances, as do several others.

“We've lost money over the past few years. I don't know how much longer we're going to be around.” Samurai looked to Merle O'Curle. “Merle, you've done a bang-up job for us since you took over as booker. I personally appreciate all you've done, but with your blessing, I'd like to make the announcement.”

Merle nods his head in agreement.

“Gents, we've experienced our last show with Merle as head booker.” The locker room murmurs inquisitively. “I know what you're asking yourself. Who's going to take over? Who's going to keep us alive?”

Brown pauses dramatically. “Well c'mon now Brown, what kinda choob ya got comin' in here?” Don Henderson let his opinion be known and with quite distinctive (read: grating) accent. No wonder he's in a pure wrestling promotion.

“Watch yourself, and welcome your new boss. Zack Macomber.” I step forward from the back of the room, where until this point I was standing inconspicuously. “Zack?”

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ZackMacomber-1.jpg

I look around at the roster. Some of them confused, a couple of them a bit put off.

“Hey guys, my name is Zack. Some of you may not know who I am. Those of you who do probably know that I've worked all around the United States. Which probably makes you ask why I've come out to the UK. The answer to that is simple. I don't want British wrestling to die. I want to see Ring of Fire succeed. Ring of Fire is the BEST of British wrestling. I'm here to prove it.”

“He's just some Yank, why bring him in here?” Billy Robinson piped in. The Shooters are mouthy, I will remember that.

“Because this Yank is a professional. I'm here to make sure everyone in this room continues to have a job. Does anyone in here want to become a garbage wrestler?” I didn't see any hands shoot up. “Well then, how many of you think you could survive on your charisma?” Only a couple hands. “Bob's told me that the way things are, ROF won't be around another year. I'm going to try and make sure we are. You don't have to believe in me. You don't have to trust me. But you're going to have to give me a chance. Ask Bob, I'm in charge. Ready for tonight's assignments?”

RoF: Pure Pro Wrestling

Don Henderson vs. Nigel Svensson

Walter Morgan vs. Zack Macomber

Billy Robinson vs. Robert Brown

Title Histories

Ring of Fire Tag Team Championships

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/ROF_Tag.jpg

August 2005 - Walter Morgan and Leo Price - November 2005

November 2005 - Adam Matravers and Petey Barnes - February 2006

February 2006 - Don Henderson and Billy Robinson - April 2006

April 2006 - Adam Matravers and Petey Barnes (2) - August 2006

August 2006 - Don Henderson and Billy Robinson (2) - November 2006

November 2006 - Lance Martin and Kelly Martin - June 2007

June 2007 - Petey Barnes and Eric Future - January 2008

January 2008 - Don Henderson and Billy Robinson - July 2008

July 2008 - Johnny Highspot and Jonni Lowlife - December 2008

December 2008 - Petey Barnes and Eric Future (2) - April 2009

April 2009 - Lance Martin and Kelly Martin (2) - August 2010

- Title Suspended -

April 2012 - Pierre DuPont and Jacques DuPont - August 2012

August 2012 - Viktor Beskov and Yuri Iliakov - January 2013

January 2013 - Henry Rohde and Leigh Burton - February 2013

February 2013 - Barry Griffin and Walter Morgan - May 2013

May 2013 - Viktor Beskov and Yuri Iliakov (2) - July 2013

July 2013 - Barry Griffin and Don Henderson - CURRENT

Man of Steel Championship (Since being brought into ROF)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/MOSC_UK.jpg

August 2009 - Harley Neill (2) - April 2011

April 2011 - Zack Macomber - July 2011

July 2011 - Barry Griffin (5) - August 2011

August 2011 - Walter Morgan - April 2012

April 2012 - Barry Griffin (6) - November 2012

November 2012 - Frank Burton - March 2013

March 2013 - Donny Damage (5) - July 2013

July 2013 - Zack Macomber (2) - CURRENT

ROF Burning Championship

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/ROF_Burning.jpg

July 2005 - UK Dragon - January 2006

January 2006 - Rolling Johnny Stones (Frank Burton) - April 2006

April 2006 - Walter Morgan - August 2006

August 2006 - K'Lee Hawkins - December 2006

December 2006 - Billy Robinson - November 2007

November 2007 - Jonni Lowlife - April 2008

April 2008 - Petey Barnes - December 2008

December 2008 - Don Henderson - May 2009

May 2009 - Eric Future - September 2009

September 2009 - Billy Robinson (2) - March 2010

March 2010 - Walter Morgan - April 2011

April 2011 - Lance Martin - November 2011

November 2011 - Keith Adams - May 2012

May 2012 - Don Henderson (2) - July 2012

July 2012 - Walter Morgan - October 2012

October 2012 - Wade Orson - CURRENT

Ring of Fire Championship

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/ROF_Championship.jpg

September 2005 - Stevie Stoat - July 2006

July 2006 - UK Dragon - September 2007

September 2007 - Merle O'Curle - August 2008

August 2008 - UK Dragon (2) - July 2009

July 2009 - Merle O'Curle (2) - December 2011

December 2011 - Donny Damage - May 2012

May 2012 - Merle O'Curle (3) - CURRENT

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the show, Humphrey Woolsey came up to me, furious. Apparently Rhys Vali was getting his kicks by proclaiming to the locker room that Humphrey was a “shirtlifter.” After some quick research I found out that meant that Humph was being called gay. Such creativity... Humphrey was upset and asked me to handle it. I let Rhys know that sort of behavior isn't going to be tolerated. He said he'd try not to let it happen again, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 1, January 2010.

Norman Blue Athletic Center (Midlands, UK)

Rhys Vali vs. Jonni Lowlife

Jonni Lowlife defeated Rhys Vali in 4:33 by pinfall with a Low Down.

Rhys was dominated in this one for creating a backstage problem. That's going to be punishment, getting dominated by someone who is stiff (and not expensive.

(E)

Don Henderson vs. Nigel Svensson

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Don Henderson defeated Nigel Svensson in 10:31 by submission with a Scottish Deathlock.

Don's not the backbone of this company, but he is one of our able hands. Nigel could be the other hand someday, but not now.

(D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Walter Morgan defeated Zack Macomber in 12:09 by submission with a Wigan Wrench.

You want to know who the other hand is right now? Walter. He's the best wrestler we've got. I dare say better than Merle.

(C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Robert Brown defeated Billy Robinson in 24:13 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex.

I never liked the British Samurai gimmick and Robert was willing to drop it down to just a moniker. As such, I don't feel bad about giving him his due.

(D)

Overall: D

Attendance: 28

Next time on ROF Better than the Best of British Wrestling

Lance Martin vs. UK Dragon

Gob Narfi vs. Merle O'Curle

Jon Michael Sharp vs. Robert Brown

With the winners facing off in a three way dance!

ROF Better Than the Best of British Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 3, January 2010.

The Paddington Club (South, UK)

Lance Martin vs. UK Dragon

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, UK Dragon defeated Lance Martin in 11:29 by pinfall with a Dragon Drop.

Dragon dominates here.

(D)

Gob Narfi vs. Merle O'Curle

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Merle O'Curle defeated Gob Narfi in 8:42 by submission with a Celtic Wreath.

It sucks for Gob that he's teamed up with Rhys, cause Rhys is not long for this world.

(D)

Jon Michael Sharp vs. Robert Brown

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Robert Brown defeated Jon Michael Sharp in 6:50 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex.

Robert should have better matches than I'm ever able to pull out of him. Oh well.

(E+)

Merle O'Curle © vs. Robert Brown vs. UK Dragon (ROF Championship)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Merle O'Curle defeated Robert Brown and UK Dragon in 25:06 when Merle O'Curle defeated Robert Brown by submission with a Celtic Wreath. Merle O'Curle makes defence number 1 of his Ring Of Fire Championship title.

It's no secret what I was setting up here. Merle is the freakin' man. He just couldn't book.

©

Overall: C-

Attendance: 24

Next time on ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Jacques DuPont vs. Lance Martin

Kelly Martin vs. Pierre DuPont

Nigel Svensson vs. Walter Morgan

Johnny Highspot vs. Robert Brown

Don Henderson vs. Zack Macomber

.. Can't believe i actually forgot to predict the Tournament final/3 way dance ...

We'll take a look at the main event of ROF.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/MerleOCurle.jpg

Merle O'Curle is our Ring of Fire Champion and company ace. He beat UK Dragon for the title in July of 2009. Technically, Merle is the best wrestler we have on the roster. He's got great technical and performance skills. He also has no charisma, so there is no fear that 21CW will be calling for him.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/UKDragon.jpg

UK Dragon is our number two wrestler. He's much flashier than Merle and is nearing the same performance levels. The downside on UK is the fact that he works for a touring company in Japan. That means he runs the risk of getting hurt. He also has great charisma and is the most popular wrestler on the roster, so there is fear that 21CW will come knocking.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/BritishSamurai.jpg

“British Samurai” Robert Brown is the boss and a very reliable wrestler. He doesn't have the technical skills of his main event peers, but he can out-perform them any night of the week. It would be in my best interest to keep the boss looking strong.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/DonHenderson.jpg

Don Henderson is a submission stylist. He's a top notch performer who brings the intensity to the ring. The fans have really started to get behind Don in recent years. He still has the most time to improve.

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 1, February 2010.

Fun fact: Don Henderson and Petey Barnes have bonded over a love of Swedish cinema.

In an extremely poor match, Lance Martin defeated Jacques DuPont in 5:55 by pinfall with a Body Rocker.

I let these two decide who would win the match. And they did what I expected. Let's see what happens with the next pairing...

(E+)

In an extremely poor match, Kelly Martin defeated Pierre DuPont in 6:06 by pinfall with a Perfect Driver.

Well, I was hoping a split to set up a tag match, I'll end up doing something else though.

(E)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Walter Morgan defeated Nigel Svensson in 12:27 by submission with a Wigan Wrench.

Walter is consistently awesome. It's only a matter of time before he's challenging Merle. I can see it now.

(C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Robert Brown defeated Johnny Highspot in 11:49 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex.

Robert is still performing under what I expect from him. Yeah, Highspot isn't a great pick for meshing styles, but come on...

(D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Don Henderson defeated Zack Macomber in 14:03 by submission with a Scottish Deathlock.

Well, I can't be mad at anyone but myself here. There's no reason that Don and I aren't putting on a great match. I'm chalking tonight up as a loss.

(D-)

Overall: D-

Attendance: 29

Next time on Better Than the Best of British Wrestling

Merle O'Curle vs. Zack Macomber

Robert Brown vs. UK Dragon

The winners vs. the losers

Whoever scores the pinfall or submission gets a title shot at Merle in March. If Merle gets the pin or submission, he gets a pass on defending the belt.

Next time on Better Than the Best of British Wrestling

The winners vs. the losers (UK Dragon makes the pin)

Whoever scores the pinfall or submission gets a title shot at Merle in March. If Merle gets the pin or submission, he gets a pass on defending the belt.

Tuesday, Week 3, February 2010.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Merle O'Curle defeated Zack Macomber in 14:13 by submission with a Celtic Wreath.

Merle takes the first spot on the winners tag team. If he can pick up another pinfall or submission tonight, he won't have to defend his belt at ROF Pure Pro Wrestling in March.

(C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, UK Dragon defeated Robert Brown in 22:02 by pinfall with a Dragon Drop.

I don't know how these two couldn't pull out a match that was on par with Merle and I. Maybe Robert is being used incorrectly.

(D)

Robert Brown and Zack Macomber vs. Merle O'Curle and UK Dragon

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Merle O'Curle and UK Dragon defeated Robert Brown and Zack Macomber in 18:06 when UK Dragon defeated Zack Macomber by pinfall with a Dragon Drop.

And I am officially disappointed. Although it looks like Dragon is going to get a shot at Merle next month for a shot at the Ring of Fire Championship.

(D)

Attendance: 16

Next time on ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Jacques DuPont vs. Robert Brown

Johnny Highspot vs. Martin Heath

Nigel Svensson vs. Petey Barnes

Billy Robinson © vs. Walter Morgan (ROF Burning Championship)

Merle O'Curle © vs. UK Dragon (Ring of Fire Championship)

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 1, March 2010.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Robert Brown defeated Jacques DuPont in 5:43 by submission with a Samurai Secret Stretch.

I figure, if Robert is going to cost me $2000 a month, he needs to work two shows a month. He dominated Jacques here.

(D-)

Johnny Highspot vs. Martin Heath

In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Johnny Highspot defeated Martin Heath in 7:03 by pinfall with a Frog Splash.

Wow. The fans here don't like high flyers at all. I think I've just designated the job squad...

(E)

Nigel Svensson vs. Petey Barnes

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Nigel Svensson defeated Petey Barnes in 10:57 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Well, thank God for Nigel and Petey. I'm giving the nod to Nigel on this one, I'm sure it was his talent that spiked the crowd's interest.

(C-)

Billy Robinson © vs. Walter Morgan (ROF Burning Championship)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Walter Morgan defeated Billy Robinson in 8:35 by submission with a Wigan Wrench. Walter Morgan wins the Ring Of Fire Burning Championship title.

Walter is better than Billy. He's also more important to future booking plans and the growth of this company. Problem in this match was the lack of selling.

(D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Merle O'Curle defeated UK Dragon in 25:06 by submission with a Celtic Wreath. Merle O'Curle makes defense number 2 of his Ring Of Fire Championship title.

UK is already starting to feel the burn from his WLW tours. Therefore, why should I put him over, right?

©

Attendance: 23

Next time on ROF Better Than the Best of British Wrestling

Nigel Svensson vs. Pierre DuPont

Johnny Highspot vs. Petey Barnes

Don Henderson vs. Robert Brown

Billy Robinson vs. UK Dragon

Let's take a look at the next section of the roster, the upper midcard.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/BillyRobinson.jpg

Billy Robinson is a really good technical wrestler. In fact, it's likely that he'll be the next big thing. He's the future of ROF, all he needs to do is pick up ring psychology in the next few years, learning how to sell wouldn't hurt either.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/JohnnyHighspot.jpg

Johnny Highspot is a really flashy cruiserweight. Guess what ROF fans aren't into? The only reason he has a spot on this roster is because he can sell and he's popular. I'm sure next year at this time, he won't be popular anymore, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/PeteyBarnes.jpg

Petey Barnes is another flashy cruiserweight. However, he has good performance skills, so if he can bump up his technical skills and turn into a regular wrestler or technician, he will go far here. If not, he's got the charisma that 21CW likes.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/WalterMorgan.jpg

Walter Morgan is our Ring of Fire Burning Champion. We've replaced the #1 Contender Title with the Burning Championship and Walter is the best pure wrestler on the roster, so it belongs to him. Walter is the kind of guy that was tailor made for ROF. His only downside is his age. At 35 years old, he may leave us at the worst possible moment. Until that time, Walter will be a mainstay in ROF.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ZackMacomber-1.jpg

Zack Macomber is me. I'm a regular style wrestler. I can brawl and I can wrestle, but don't ask me to fly. I've been around the block, and as such, I have some fine performance skills. I am much bigger than the rest of the roster, but my athleticism isn't where it could be. It's a good thing that my charisma makes up for my shortcomings.

In other news, Dan Stone has left the wrestling business and ownership of NOTBPW has been inherited by the eldest Stone sibling, Jeremy. Many are shocked by the move, feeling the Victoria would be the Stone to take over.

Tuesday, Week 3, March 2010.

Walter Morgan has been seen lately with Lance Martin. It seems Walt has taken a new protege under his wing.

Nigel Svensson vs. Pierre DuPont

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Nigel Svensson defeated Pierre DuPont in 6:44 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Nigel should get a win or two back here if I ever plan on him looking strong. The DuPonts were brought in with no gimmick, but apparently if you have a poor rated gimmick in a promotion that doesn't require them, you still take hits.

(D)

Johnny Highspot vs. Petey Barnes

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Petey Barnes defeated Johnny Highspot in 9:28 by pinfall with a X-Press.

I just don' think our fans like aerial wrestlers at all. Oh well.

(E+)

Don Henderson vs. Robert Brown

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Don Henderson defeated Robert Brown in 14:29 by submission with a Scottish Deathlock.

Don doesn't have what it takes to pull a great match out of Bobbo either. Hmmm...

(D)

Billy Robinson vs. UK Dragon

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, UK Dragon defeated Billy Robinson in 22:23 by pinfall with a Dragon Drop.

I don't want to get discouraged here, but UK and Billy should have done way better than this.

(D)

Attendance: 16

Next month on Ring of Fire Pure Pro Wrestling

Jacques DuPont vs. Zack Macomber

Gob Narfi vs. Kelly Martin

Jonni Lowlife vs. Leigh Burton

UK Dragon vs. Walter Morgan

Plus a main event featuring two of the night's winners!

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 1, April 2010.

Lance Martin is turning into a great locker room asset. He brought up the mood of everyone with some spot on impressions of some of his peers.

Jacques DuPont vs. Zack Macomber

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Zack Macomber defeated Jacques DuPont in 7:03 by submission with a Prawn Armlock.

I figured I can wrestle with the DuPonts, they both have the technical skills. We both got gimmicks tonight too.

(E+)

Gob Narfi vs. Kelly Martin

In an extremely poor match, Kelly Martin defeated Gob Narfi in 6:58 by pinfall with a Perfect Driver.

I don't know what I was thinking here. Moving on...

(E-)

Jonni Lowlife vs. Leigh Burton

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Jonni Lowlife defeated Leigh Burton in 8:37 by pinfall with a Low Down.

For being a month into his wrestling debut, Leigh Burton ain't half bad. Between ROF and 21CW, he should grow as a wrestler quickly.

(D-)

UK Dragon vs. Walter Morgan

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, UK Dragon defeated Walter Morgan in 17:16 by pinfall with a Dragon Drop.

I figured that this would be a no brainer match, while it wasn't horrible, I expected better. I'm starting to think our fans will only accept technicians and regular wrestlers.

(D+)

UK Dragon vs. Zack Macomber

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, UK Dragon defeated Zack Macomber in 10:19 by pinfall with a Dragon Drop.

No reason for the two of us to mesh so poorly. I think we may have to advertise a more modern style to our shows...

(D-)

Overall: D-

Attendance: 53

Next month in Ring of Fire...

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Billy Robinson vs. Leigh Burton

Nigel Svensson vs. Robert Brown

Don Henderson vs. UK Dragon

The winners will face off in a four way for a shot against Merle O'Curle

Eric Future vs. Wade Orson

The three losers from Pure Pro Wrestling's main event will face off in a triple threat

The winner from Pure Pro Wrestling vs. Merle O'Curle

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

The winners will face off in a four way for a shot against Merle O'Curle

Billy Robinson vs Nigel Svensson vs Don Henderson vs Walter Morgan

Robert Brown vs UK Dragon vs Zack Macomber

Nigel Svensson vs. Merle O'Curle

We took the second half of April off in order to not go out of business.

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 1, May 2010.

Lance Martin continues to prove his worth with his impressions. I like Lance, he's going to be wrestling more soon.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Billy Robinson defeated Leigh Burton in 7:37 by submission with a Capital City Crucifix.

Leigh's first match isn't horrible at all. We'll put him up against a few guys and see how he turns out by the end of the year.

(D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Nigel Svensson defeated Robert Brown in 8:48 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Well hell, Nigel can pull an above average match out of Robert. This is good news. Maybe there are others that can too.

(C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, UK Dragon defeated Don Henderson in 7:55 by pinfall with a Dragon Drop.

They weren't getting a lot of time, so I told them to go all out. Oddly enough, Dragon couldn't handle the pressure! How is he turning in great performances in WLW then?

(D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Walter Morgan defeated Zack Macomber in 10:48 by submission with a Wigan Wrench.

I knew I could count on the two of us going all out and lifting the crowd.

(C-)

Billy Robinson vs. Nigel Svensson vs. UK Dragon vs. Walter Morgan

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, UK Dragon defeated Billy Robinson, Nigel Svensson and Walter Morgan in 12:54 when UK Dragon defeated Nigel Svensson by pinfall with a Dragon Drop.

Yeah, so we're going to see Dragon vs. Merle again. I should probably get use out of Dragon while I can.

(C-)

Attendance: 57

It looks like ROF Pure Pro Wrestling is now considered to be an event of above average importance. That's awesome!

Tuesday, Week 3, May 2010.

Jon Michael Sharp and Kelly Martin were sharing some road stories that they heard from Michael Moodie and the entire locker room was enjoying it.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Wade Orson defeated Eric Future in 6:23 by pinfall with a Bounce Back.

I forgot Eric Future was on the roster. New guy gets to pick up a win because he has talent.

(D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Robert Brown defeated Jacques DuPont in 6:11 by submission with a Samurai Secret Stretch.

Bobby's a gatekeeper. Jacques isn't ready to move up the card, duh.

(D-)

Billy Robinson vs. Nigel Svensson vs. Walter Morgan

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Walter Morgan defeated Billy Robinson and Nigel Svensson in 13:29 when Walter Morgan defeated Nigel Svensson by submission with a Wigan Wrench. Walter Morgan makes defense number 1 of his Ring Of Fire Burning Championship title.

So, these guys are the next tier of top workers here. The problem they all share is a lack of selling ability and a lack of ring psychology. Billy and Nigel are going to have to pick those two skills up, because Walter doesn't have the time.

(D+)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Merle O'Curle defeated UK Dragon in 27:07 by submission with a Celtic Wreath. Merle O'Curle makes defense number 3 of his Ring Of Fire Championship title.

They were able to bring it with plenty of time and the ability for a slow build. They did not let me down. Is Dragon going to be able to come back and finally wrest the belt away? We'll find out.

©

Attendance: 39

Next month in Ring of Fire...

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Leigh Burton vs. Zack Macomber

Lance Martin vs. Robert Brown

Wade Orson vs. Walter Morgan

Don Henderson vs. Johnny Highspot

The winners of match 1 and 4 will face off against the winners of match 2 and 3.

Jacques DuPont vs. Martin Heath

Jon Michael Sharp vs. Lance Martin

The winners will face off in a three way

The winner of the three way vs. Merle O'Curle

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Leigh Burton + Don Henderson vs Lance Martin + Wade Orson

The winners of match 1 and 4 will face off against the winners of match 2 and 3.

The winners will face off in a three way

Kelly Martin vs Martin Heath vs Lance Martin

Lance Martin vs. Merle O'Curle

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 1, June 2010.

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Zack Macomber defeated Leigh Burton in 10:01 by submission with a Prawn Armlock.

I don't know why I'm enjoying this Prawn Armlock so much, but it's working. Leigh isn't too bad in there, I'm glad we took a chance on the 21CW school graduate.

(D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Robert Brown defeated Lance Martin in 7:54 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex.

Due to Lance's positive locker room antics, he was kept strong in this match. While he benefited from it, the match did not.

(D-)

In a match that had some good action and a good crowd, Walter Morgan defeated Wade Orson in 9:25 by submission with a Wigan Wrench.

I can't be mad here. Wade took it to the Burning Champion, but in the end, didn't have the experience to know how to finish the champ off.

(C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Don Henderson defeated Johnny Highspot in 8:47 by submission with a Scottish Deathlock.

Johnny's contract is coming up, as such, Don got to dominate this one. Not as good as I thought it would be, but it should lead well into the main event.

(D-)

Don Henderson and Zack Macomber vs. Robert Brown and Walter Morgan

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Robert Brown and Walter Morgan defeated Don Henderson and Zack Macomber in 14:07 when Walter Morgan defeated Zack Macomber by submission with a Wigan Wrench.

We didn't finish the show off too badly, sure Bob was off his game, but we did just fine. Walt continues to be a dominating presence. It's possible that he'll challenge for the ROF Championship soon.

(C-)

Overall: D+

Attendance: 62

--

Let's take a look at our midcard talent.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/EricFuture.jpg

Eric Future is... well, nothing special. He's a fairly bland cruiserweight, which really doesn't help him in this environment. He won't likely be here past his contract.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/JonniLowlife.jpg

Jonni Lowlife has an upside. He's a regular wrestler, which is helpful here in ROF. He has the ability to wrestle technically, but with some flash. If he could learn ring psychology, he would be a champion.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/LanceMartin.jpg

Lance Martin is my new project. He has all the basic knowledge he'll need. He just needs to learn his craft better. With some time, I have no doubt that he'll be one of the best.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/LeighBurton.jpg

Leigh Burton graduated from the first class of 21CW's National School of Wrestling. They must have a great trainer in there, because Leigh has what it takes. He's very young and is working both here and in 21CW. He'll grow quickly.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/NigelSvensson.jpg

Nigel Svensson is quickly shooting up the ranks here in ROF. He's a great mat technician. The only thing he lacks is psychology. If he can pick it up, he'll be at the top of the world.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/PeteyBarnes.jpg

Petey Barnes thought he was going to 21CW with Adam Matravers, but that was not the case. He's a pretty good wrestler and I can't take that away from him, but his cruiserweight style does not fit in here. He's going to need to make a change if he wants to be taken seriously.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/WadeOrson.jpg

Wade Orson is a young, talented all around wrestler. He's got the look of a star with his chiseled physique. With time he'll pick up ring psychology and hopefully improve his consistency.

--

Tuesday, Week 3, June 2010.

In an extremely poor match, Pierre DuPont defeated Kelly Martin in 5:46 by pinfall with a Flying Fist Drop.

Yeah, not much to say about the matches tonight. Just trying something.

(E)

In an extremely poor match, Martin Heath defeated Jacques DuPont in 5:58 by pinfall with a Flying Fist Drop.

Jacques DuPont and Martin Heath don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. To me, that means if Martin were to wrestle Pierre, we could see an E+.

(E-)

In an extremely poor match, Lance Martin defeated Jon Michael Sharp in 5:46 by pinfall with a Body Rocker.

Well, we have the winners three way booked.

(E)

Lance Martin vs. Martin Heath vs. Pierre DuPont

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Lance Martin defeated Martin Heath and Pierre DuPont in 7:59 when Lance Martin defeated Martin Heath by pinfall with a Body Rocker.

We had some solid action here, don't know why it wasn't better than any of the other matches tonight.

(E)

Robert Brown vs. Zack Macomber

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Zack Macomber defeated Robert Brown in 11:09 by submission with a Prawn Armlock.

Well, all my faith is in Lance and Merle tonight...

(D-)

Lance Martin vs. Merle O'Curle ©

(Ring of Fire Championship)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Merle O'Curle defeated Lance Martin in 10:51 by submission with a Celtic Wreath. Merle O'Curle makes defence number 4 of his Ring Of Fire Championship title.

I am not disappointed. Thanks guys!

(C-)

Overall: D+

Attendance: 35

Next month in ROF:

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Pierre DuPont vs. Zack Macomber

Leigh Burton vs. Nigel Svensson

Don Henderson vs. Martin Heath

The winners of the first two matches will team against the winners of the second two. Whoever scores the pin gets a shot against Merle.

Jonni Lowlife vs. Petey Barnes

Billy Robinson vs. Wade Orson

Leigh Burton vs. UK Dragon

Jonni Lowlife vs. Billy Robinson vs. UK Dragon

The winner of Pure Pro Wrestling's main event vs. Merle O'Curle

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Pierre DuPont vs. Zack Macomber

Leigh Burton vs. Nigel Svensson

Don Henderson vs. Martin Heath

The winners of the first two matches will team against the winners of the second two. Whoever scores the pin gets a shot against Merle.

Zack Macomber + Nigel Svensson vs Don Henderson + Billy Robinson

Jonni Lowlife vs. Petey Barnes

Billy Robinson vs. Wade Orson

Leigh Burton vs. UK Dragon

Jonni Lowlife vs. Billy Robinson vs. UK Dragon

Don Henderson vs. Merle O'Curle

Archived