Ideas to make the game harder?

I do use some house rules. Since basically you can pick up every single free agent you want, I use a RNG to determine whether I can pick up certain guys, based on their reputation and age (if they are really old I make it easier since would suck if they retire without ever fighting for my org). That's probably the main one I guess..

Oh I don't let myself pick up any free agent I want at any time....I have some rules for that too.

After running UFC my "own way" for 20 years with the first issue of ToS for WMMA2, I picked up a lot of useful information along the way. The first thing you can do to make it more difficult in the long run is to simply go with the flow. I personally know a lot of people will terminate the game and have a "do over" if they get results that really shatter their foundation due to poor booking in the first place.. IE: Champion vs. a can to build a weaker champion's name value, and the can gets the upset.

Basically if you just go with the flow, take the bad with the good, and build new stars constantly the game never gets old... especially if you let yourself really get into it, and you start finding yourself emotionally invested in certain fighters.

I'm glad this is the case for you however some would like it if the AI was far more aggressive at mining talent in FA, and battling you in contract offers. Having orgs develop over time, with good matchmaking would be nice rather than the current tread water formula. Maybe some options for marketing would help add difficulty for the game as well.

The game's AI is ridiculously easy. If you want to make it more challenging, you basically have to do its work for it.

A few suggestions:

1. If you're playing with real world data, use TOS. While MW is deeper and doesn't have the spotty popularity rankings, its charitable rating system makes it hard to put on an bad show, excitement wise.

2. If you have fighters under standard or associate contracts, every other fight give the other promotions a card or two to give them a fight after they're able to be booked.

3. Like curtains said, since it's so easy to sign just about anybody, you have to limit yourself. In my current game when I want a free agent, I flip a coin twice, giving myself a 25% percent chance of signing him. This has made the game more difficult as my roster is more stagnate and I've had to bring in lower quality free agents.

I haven't tried it, but you could do the opposite too. Set up some kind of low probability that wouldn't allow you to re-sign some of your own fighters.

4. If you want to challenge yourself money wise. Try existing only on television or with only TV and tiny PPV deals.

5. For a challenge management wise, only allow yourself to re-sign exclusive fighters when they have one fight left. If the contract is running out with multiple fights left on it, you can't re-sign them.

Archived