Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 4, September 2010

Abbotsford Recreation Complex (British Columbia) – 2,000

Shown Live on Maple Leaf Sports

Eddie Chandler comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interrupted by Ricky DeColt. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before things take a violent turn and they start brawling. A whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up, and as they are being pulled apart it is clear a match is going to take place between them.

Road Agent Notes

Eddie Chandler has now switched to a Franchise Player gimmick. It has gotten an initial F+ rating. Adrian Garcia helped Chandler during this segment.

Segment Rating: C+

Match 1

Eddie Chandler vs. Ricky DeColt

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Eddie Chandler defeated Ricky DeColt in 18:19 by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Match Rating: C+

Match 2

Whippy The Clown vs. Joey Poison ©

CGC Canadian Championship Match

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Joey Poison defeated Whippy The Clown in 8:25 by pinfall with an Antidote Web. Joey Poison makes defense number 30 of his CGC Canadian title.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Match Rating: C-

Match 3

Bobby Thomas vs. Jack DeColt

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jack DeColt defeated Bobby Thomas in 8:05 by submission with an End Of Days.

Road Agent Notes

Bobby Thomas and Jack DeColt have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.

Trent Shaffer attacks Jack DeColt in the ring after the match when Jack DeColt is at his weakest, and leaves him down and out.

Road Agent Notes

Trent Shaffer has now switched to an Arrogant Heel gimmick. It has gotten an initial A rating. Trent Shaffer looked good. Jack DeColt performed poorly in this segment. The J DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B+

Main Event - Match 4

Nate Johnson vs. Trent Shaffer ©

CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Trent Shaffer defeated Nate Johnson in 18:01 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. Trent Shaffer makes defense number 5 of his CGC World title.

Road Agent Notes

The performance of Trent Shaffer stood out as being good.

Final Show Rating: C+

Notes: This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in Abbotsford Recreation Complex, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.72 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

CGC have started contract negotiations with Ted Brady.

Prediction Key

BHK1978: 3 of 4 correct.

EMark: 4 of 4 correct!

Dragonmack: 4 of 4 correct!

OOC: Thanks to everyone who made predictions for this show, the next meeting between Alex DeColt and Chris Kaladaro will be posted on Monday (In Place of the monthly review as I am no longer doing it because I think its to redundant to have that and the .com interviews.)

A Meeting between the DeColts and Chris Kaladaro

[Fade.]

[The scene starts outside of the CGC Headquarters in British Columbia Canada in the middle of the night, its an average Canada night the camera cuts to another inside of Chris Kaladaro’s office.]

Chris Kaladaro: “**** I’m late."

[Chris gets up and walks out of his office as the camera follows him down the hall, he makes his way down to a door that says Alex DeColt. He knocks and is promptly told to come in, he walks in to see Alex DeColt sitting in his chair at his desk and Jack and Ricky standing behind him.]

Chris Kaladaro: “Hey guys what’s up?”

Alex DeColt: “Sit down Chris?”

Chris: “Am I in trouble?”

Alex DeColt: “What are you kidding me of course your not.”

[Chris sighs almost in relief.]

Alex DeColt: “I would just like to just discuss business with you how it’s been going and where we need to be going within the next month. That way the four of us will all be on the same page.”

[still standing during all of that Chris finally sits down as Jack and Ricky sit around the table next to him.]

Alex DeColt: “The first thing I want to discuss with you is how Joey Poison is finally going to lose the CGC Canadian Championship. Not that he needs to lose it but we need someone to take it off of him just so we have a plan otherwise he will hold that belt forever.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Yeah I agree what did you have in mind?”

[Alex DeColt writes a name on a piece of paper and hands it off to Chris, Chris takes the paper and looks at it and smirks.]

Chris Kaladaro: “That’s a great idea and I am glad that you thought of it because I never would have.”

Alex DeColt: “Well I think he is the only guy to take it off Joey where Joey won’t look weak losing to him.”

Chris Kaladaro: “At this point that wouldn’t look good especially with what we have planned for Joey Poison in the future.”

Alex DeColt: “Yeah I know, my dad called me after Joey’s last title defense and was almost speechless he hasn’t seen a guy defend any title thirty times in a while. Then he promptly asked me whose idea it was and I told you that it was all your idea.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Thanks Alex but I wasn’t the only one behind it you had something to do with it as well, yeah but thanks I guess I will take credit when I can. How is your dad doing by the way?"

Alex DeColt: “Thanks for asking, he’s doing very well, he finally stopped aging as rapidly as he was while he was still running things as of 09 but now that he is out of the business he is happy. He told me that if he ever needed or even wanted to come back that he would only do so with our permission and it wouldn’t be permanent. I think he is finally accepting the fact that he is retired and he can trust us to run his empire."

Chris Kaladaro: “Yeah because lets face it if it wasn’t for him creating CGC none of us would be sitting here right now?”

[All three DeColts look at each other before they all say the same thing at the same time.]

DeColts: “Agreed.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Now I am wondering about the World Title who do you think is the next guy that should have the honor of being the next world champion after Trent loses it.”

Alex DeColt: “So you want to know who we think should beat him?”

Chris Kaladaro: “More or less yes.”

[Alex takes another piece of paper and writes a name on it and passes it off to Chris yet again.]

Chris Kaladaro: “Seriously?”

Alex DeColt: “Yes I believe that is the next step not only for the company but for him as well.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Alright that sounds great then I had the same idea but I was a bit shocked that we thought about the same guy. Anything else you wanted to talk to me about because I have some more things I have to get done.”

Alex DeColt: “That’s all for now thanks Chris.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Thanks again Alex.”

[The two stand up and shake hands and then Chris shakes hands with Ricky and Jack before pulling in his chair and leaving Alex’s office to get back to his own.]

[Fade.]

OOC: The next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime tomorow. Until then read up on this column and feel free to post your feedback on what you like about this or don't like because this will in the place of the Monthly review each and every month.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after The latest edition of Title Bout Wrestling.

Terry Smith: “Hello ladies and gentleman Terry Smith here with you once again and I am joined by Chris Kaladaro to talk about some of the things that went on at the last edition of Title Bout Wrestling. Chris the first match of the night was between Eddie Chandler and Ricky DeColt but before that they had an all out brawl to open the show. How do you think the segment and the match went down.”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was done very well, The match went very well and Eddie Chandler won the match and the opening of the show where they brawled all over went well too.”

Terry Smith: “The second match of the night was for the CGC Canadian Championship as the champion Joey Poison took on his challenger Whippy the Clown. Joey was able to defeat Whippy and make his thirtieth defense of his Canadian Championship. Chris what did you think of the match and how do you think Joey Poison is doing as the champion?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought the match was good considering who was in it, He is obviously doing a great job as the champion otherwise he wouldn’t have made thirty successful title defenses. There is no doubt in my mind that once Joey loses the belt that it will go up in prestige.”

Terry Smith: “Moving on once again to the third match of the night between Bobby Thomas and Jack DeColt, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought the match was done very well you have a main event wrestler like Jack DeColt and an up and comer in Bobby Thomas and I thought that whatever Bobby needed help on that Jack was quick to compensate for it.”

Terry Smith: “Now after the match Trent Shaffer ran into the ring while Jack was celebrating and beat him down, what did you think of what he did?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Honestly I thought that it was great because Trent finally got what he wanted when he was able to exact some revenge on Jack DeColt for the previous attacks. With the challenge that was laid down earlier in the month it’s only time before those two lock up in the ring for the final time.”

Terry Smith: “Finally after the attack Trent had to prepare for the main event and Nate Johnson, how do you think this match went and do you think that Nate put up the fight that he should have against the champion.”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought the match was done very well both looked great in the ring and Trent made Nate look like a million bucks in this match. Nate did more than he needed to in this match and I think he impressed a lot of people that may have had their doubts about him in the past.”

Terry Smith: “Well with that said we have ran out of time for this week so Chris I would like to thank you for your time as always and I look forward to doing it again next week. Be sure to join us live this Sunday night as CGC presents Title Bout Wrestling until then I am Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you at the matches.”

OOC: Some of the matches that will be taking place on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted on Thursday. Until then read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Saturday Week 1, October 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman I am Terry Smith here to talk about some of the things that you can expect to see this Sunday night as Canadian Golden Combat presents Title Bout Wrestling live from the Varsity Arena in Ontario Canada.

In the first of five matches during the night, Ed Monton steps into the ring to take on Ricky DeColt, will Ed be able to defeat Ricky DeColt and claim some of the glory that he once had. Or will Ricky DeColt prove not only to the fans but to Ed himself that he is past his prime and should retire?

In the second match of the night, Eddie Chandler will take on Bobby Thomas, will Eddie be able to win the match and gain momentum perhaps gaining another CGC World Title or will Bobby Thomas stop his momentum dead even before it starts.

In the third match of the night one half of the Elite Nate Johnson takes on CGC newcomer Ted Brady, will Ted Brady score the upset and hurt Nate in the process by giving him a loss. Or will Nate welcome Ted to CGC by giving him the beat down of his life.

The next two matches have huge implications on the main event at the next pay per view titled CGC Apocalypse at this event there will be a tag team match between Joey Poison and his partner Trent Shaffer as they take on Alex and Jack DeColt. On this week’s show the teams will be split up into two singles matches, in the first CGC Canadian Champion Joey Poison takes on Jack DeColt in a non-title match. Whoever wins this match will gain momentum for their team going into Apocalypse will it be Joey or Jack tune in to find out.

In the second of those two matches and in your main event CGC World Champion Trent Shaffer takes on Alex DeColt. Who will win this match you have to be certain that whoever wins the first match the person on the respective team will have an advantage going into the second match. This match as well as the first one will also be a non-title match so if Trent loses his title won’t be in jeopardy.

All this and so much more will be taking place live this Sunday night as Canadian Golden Combat presents Title Bout Wrestling live from the Varsity Arena in Ontario Canada. Until next time CGC Fans this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you at the matches.

Those matches again are…

Ed Monton vs. Ricky DeColt

Eddie Chandler vs. Bobby Thomas

Nate Johnson vs. Ted Brady

Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison

Alex DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer

OOC: The results will be posted sometime on Sunday after they have been written. Until then get predicting!

I really like Ted, in fact I think of him as the best C-Verse character nobody pays attention to. However, I do not believe he has a chance in hades of winning here.

Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison

Although, I would not be shocked if Alex won seeing how this is a non-title match.

Just bumping this as the results will be posted by midnight tomorow, only one person has predicted (BHK1978) So thanks and I realize that its a holiday weekend but I am hoping to get a few more predictors for this show. So if you still want to make predictions you have until midnight tomorow when the show is posted to do so.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 1, October 2010

Varsity Arena (Ontario) – 2,000

A camera fades up inside of the Varsity Arena in Ontario Canada in front of 2,000 fans, the fans are waving their signs around in anticipation for what is going to go down tonight.

Unannounced Alex DeColt makes his way down to the ring and takes a microphone and begins to speak.

Alex DeColt: “Trent Shaffer, tonight I am your opponent and I just want you to realize one thing before we have our match and that is that you wouldn’t be the champion if it wasn’t for me. Yeah Chris Kaladaro might have had the origional idea to make you champion but it was me that made it happen. So you owe all of your success to me and tonight the success I gave you I am going to take away.”

With that said Trent Shaffer makes his way down to the ring with the belt over his right shoulder and a microphone in the opposite hand. He stops at the top of the entrance ramp and raises the microphone to his mouth and begins to speak.

Trent Shaffer: “Alex you honestly think that you’re the reason I am the champion, I got news for you I am the reason I am the champion but if it makes you feel any better you can keep telling yourself that.”

Alex DeColt: “Well lets find out how about me and you meet one on one in this ring later tonight for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship and then we will see who the champion is once the match is over.”

With that said Trent starts walking closer to the ring and gets in though the top and middle ropes. He faces off with Alex DeColt in the center of the ring and they start brawling. A whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up, and as they are being pulled apart it is clear a match is going to take place between them.

Road Agent Notes

This segment lifted the crowd.

Match 1

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Ricky DeColt defeated Ed Monton in 7:33 by pinfall with a DeColt 45.

Road Agent Notes

Ed Monton and Ricky DeColt have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. Ed Monton is improving in Technical skills. Ed Monton is improving in Performance skills.

Match 2

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Eddie Chandler defeated Bobby Thomas in 8:06 by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Road Agent Notes

Bobby Thomas is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: D+

Match 3

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Nate Johnson defeated Ted Brady in 8:18 by pinfall with a Natural Order.

Road Agent Notes

Ted Brady was visibly tiring toward the end. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ted Brady is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: D

Match 4

Joey Poison vs. Jack DeColt

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Jack DeColt defeated Joey Poison in 7:39 by submission with an End Of Days.

Match Rating: C

Main Event – Match 5

In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, Trent Shaffer defeated Alex DeColt in 18:06 by pinfall with a Heart Burn.

Road Agent Notes

This match lifted the crowd.

Match Rating: B-

Jack DeColt and Trent Shaffer are backstage; an argument breaks out, and they start brawling with each other. A host of road agents and staff have to pull them apart.

Road Agent Notes

Jack DeColt was very underwhelming. Trent Shaffer came across well. The J DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Final Show Rating: B-

Notes: This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in Varsity Arena, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.72 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

Prediction Key

BHK1978: 5 of 5 correct!

Dragonmack: 5 of 5 correct!

Emark: 5 of 5 correct!

OOC: Congratulations to the three of you who made predictions for this show as you all got a perfect score. The next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime on Tuesday so until then read up on the results and feel free to comment if you would like to do so. Also this is going to be the new format for the results as it looks a lot cleaner than the old one. That way you can focus on one segment at a time if you wish, if you don't like me doing it this way and would prefer me to go back to the old way of doing it let me know so that I can make the change as feedback is well appreciated.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after The latest edition of Title Bout Wrestling.

Terry Smith: “Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to the interview where I get inside of the CGC head booker’s head as we sit down to talk about the last show. Chris thanks for joining us, lets start by talking about the opening of the show involving Alex DeColt and Trent Shaffer do you think that Alex is trying to take matters into his own hands by becoming the World Champion?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well that could be the case but you have to remember that Alex is a company man first and a wrestler second. He knew what he was doing and I don’t think he crossed the line in doing so.”

Terry Smith: “Alright well the first match of the night was Ed Monton taking on Ricky DeColt, do you think that Ed is way in over his head trying to compete with these young guys when he is getting older?”

Chris Kaladaro: “No I don’t I think he is just trying to recapture his youth by proving to everyone that he can still hang with the young guns in CGC.”

Terry Smith: “Moving along to the second match of the night between Eddie Chandler and Bobby Thomas, how do you think this match went and do you think that the days of the Elite are over?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought the match was done very well both put in a star performance as far as the Elite there are still two members in it so its not dead. Granted its not stable quality right now but I have a feeling that they will do something to strengthen their numbers very soon.”

Terry Smith: “The third match of the night was between the other Elite member Nate Johnson as he took on Ted Brady, do you think that Ted actually stood a chance to win this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I have said it before and I will say it again in this business anyone can beat anyone on any given day that’s the bottom line. As far as the match went I thought Ted did very well in this match.”

Terry Smith: “In the co-main event, Jack DeColt took on CGC Canadian Champion Joey Poison in a non title match, what did you think of the match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I thought it was a great match capped off with Joey Poison losing a singles match in quite some time. Both competitors brought their A game to the table but Jack was just able to pull out enough to defeat Joey Poison.”

Terry Smith: “Finally in the main event Alex DeColt took on Trent Shaffer and much like the preceding match it was a non title match. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that match was the best match of the show, and I am sure I am not the only one, those two gave it their all in just over eighteen minutes and in the end Trent Shaffer was able to pick up the win.”

Terry Smith: “Do you think that Trent went into this match not as determined to win as other matches because it was a non title match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “No I don’t because he still won, if he had lost I might be able to say that but he pulled out the victory something that is very hard to do against Alex DeColt.”

Terry Smith: “Finally do you have anything to say about the brawl that ended the show between Jack DeColt and Trent Shaffer? Trent started the show arguing with Alex and they ended up brawling and Jack and Trent got into a brawl at the end of the show. Do you think that everyone is after Trent Shaffer and his World Title?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Yes I do that is the way it is supposed to be, it will be interesting to see if it creates some sibling rivalry between Alex and Jack DeColt in the future though.”

Terry Smith: “Well that’s all the time we have for this weeks edition of the show so until next time I would like to thank Chris Kaladaro for being here. So long I will see you all ringside at the matches."

OOC: Some of the matches on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted on Thursday until then read up on this column and feel free to comment.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Saturday Week 2, October 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman Terry Smith here to talk about some of the matches that you can expect should you attend CGC Title Bout Wrestling this Sunday night from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada.

In the first of four matches scheduled to take place on Sunday Night, Alex DeColt takes on Bobby Thomas. Bobby is an up and coming superstar in CGC will he be able to further cement his place as a future main event star by defeating Alex DeColt. Or will the owner of CGC be able to win the match and add another name to his long list of people he has defeated in the past.

In the second match of the evening Stevie Grayson finds himself with a golden opportunity as he looks to challenge Joey Poison for the CGC Canadian Championship. Will Stevie be able to make good on his second attempt at ending the reign of Joey Poison? Or will Joey prove that much like the first encounter they had that he is indeed the better of the two.

In the co-main event elite member Nate Johnson takes on Jack DeColt, will Nate be able to defeat Jack and bring more recognition to the Elite by doing Eddies dirty work. Or will Jack DeColt prove why he is one of the best in the business with a win over Nate Johnson?

Finally in the main event, the CGC World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as Ricky DeColt looks to be the man to end the reign of Trent Shaffer. Trent has only defended the title five times since winning it so if Ricky wins it could mark one of the shortest reigns in that belts history. Will Ricky be able to succeed in defeating Trent or will Trent pull out the win against another DeColt?

All this and so much more will take place live this Sunday night from the Abbotsford Recreation Center in British Columbia Canada. Some tickets are still available so get them while you have a chance and until next time this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches.

Those matches again are…

Alex DeColt vs. Bobby Thomas

Stevie Grayson vs. Joey Poison ©

Nate Johnson vs. Jack DeColt

Ricky DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer ©

OOC: Predictions as always are welcome the results will be posted sometime on Sunday after they have been written. So like I always say get Predicting!

I really cannot see Bobby pulling off the win here.

Joey has had a very impressive run with the gold, and I do believe he will lose soon. However, I am not sure if Stevie is the guy to do it.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 2, October 2010

Abbotsford Recreation Complex (British Columbia) – 2,000

To start off the show live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex In British Columbia Ricky DeColt comes down to the ring with a microphone already in hand. He walks up the ring stairs and steps into the ring though the top and middle ropes. He goes to the center of the ring and extends the microphone to his mouth before beginning to speak.

Ricky DeColt: “Tonight I am going to try and help the DeColt family dynasty by doing something that both of my brothers couldn’t do. I am going to be the first DeColt to defeat Trent Shaffer right here tonight for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship."

Not long after Ricky starts running his mouth Trent Shaffer makes his way out to the ring he walks down the entrance ramp and gets into the ring and gets face to face with Ricky DeColt.

Trent Shaffer: “Ricky there is a reason that both of your brothers haven’t gotten the job done and beaten me for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship and that is because they are simply not good enough. You DeColts seem to do a lot of hyping yourselves up in an effort to scare off your opponents because the truth is you are not that good. None of you have this, (Holds up the CGC World Heavyweight Championship) because this is what defines the best wrestler in the company and right now that is me and not a DeColt."

Ricky DeColt: “You know you are right Trent, but what if I beat you tonight, then you can no longer say that you are the best wrestler in this company. After I beat you that title will be mine and I will be able to say what you have been saying since you won the title. That I am the best wrestler in this company and nobody can beat me blah, blah, blah, I mean after all I don’t have to tell you because you know what you say."

Trent Shaffer: “Well Ricky I will tell you what, we are supposed to have a match later tonight but I can’t wait any longer and from what your saying it doesn’t seem like you can either so what do you say we do it right now.”

With that said Trent drops the microphone and takes Ricky’s legs out from under him and starts to punch him the two get to their feet and continue brawling until a whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up.

Road Agent Notes

Ricky DeColt performed poorly in this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Match 1

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Alex DeColt defeated Bobby Thomas in 8:01 by pinfall with a DeColt Driver.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Match 2

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Joey Poison defeated Stevie Grayson in 8:22 by pinfall with an Antidote Web. Joey Poison makes defense number 31 of his CGC Canadian title.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Joey Poison looked good out there.

Match Rating: D+

Match 3

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jack DeColt defeated Nate Johnson in 7:37 by submission with an End Of Days.

Road Agent Notes

Jack DeColt is improving in Performance skills.

Trent Shaffer is in the ring, about to compete. Before the match starts, Jack DeColt comes down to the ringside area, apparently scouting his future opponent. Shaffer does not look happy about it, and appears somewhat distracted too.

Road Agent Notes

Trent Shaffer came out of this looking excellent. The J DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: C+

Main Event – Match 4

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Trent Shaffer defeated Ricky DeColt in 12:34 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. Trent Shaffer makes defense number 6 of his CGC World title.

Road Agent Notes

Ricky DeColt was really off his game tonight.

Final Show Rating: C+

Notes: I think this show might have actually hurt our popularity overall.

Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in Abbotsford Recreation Complex and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.66 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

CGC have started contract negotiations with Philippe LaGrenier

Predictions: Everyone who made predictions this week (BHK1978, EMark, and Dragonmack all got a perfect score of 4 out of 4 correct!

OOC: The next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted on Tuesday. Until then I would like to get some feedback on the opening angle whether you guys liked it or didn't, if you liked it what did you like about it and if you didn't like it what didn't you like about it. Finally I would just like to say thanks to everyone who takes time to read this and predict in it as well!

Terry Smith: “Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to another exciting edition of the show where I sit down and talk to the man behind the matches in CGC Chris Kaladaro. Chris how are you doing today?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I am doing pretty good.”

Terry Smith: “Always good to hear, well I would like to jump right into things and talk about the first segment of the show which was between Ricky DeColt and Trent Shaffer. Do you think that Jack DeColt is having Ricky and Alex do his dirty work for him?”

Chris Kaladaro: “No I don’t Jack DeColt is very aware of what he is doing and that is doing whatever he can do in order to get under the skin of Trent Shaffer before they have their next match.”

Terry Smith: “Well it seemed that these two were content with just verbal arguments in the ring but then things became physical between the two what is your take on that Chris?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I for one knew that it couldn’t remain non physical this is Ricky DeColt and he is in there with the champion and probably bitter that he doesn’t have the title himself. So to say that things won’t get physical in a situation like that I think its wishful thinking.”

Terry Smith: “Alright moving on to the first match of the night between Alex DeColt and Bobby Thomas, Chris what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that the match was good, Alex did his part of course and I thought that Bobby did a great job in going the extra mile just to prove that he could hang with Alex DeColt.”

Terry Smith: “Alright not much else can be said about that match, moving on to the second match of the night which was for the CGC Canadian Championship. The challenger was Stevie Grayson as he took on the champion Joey Poison, Chris what did you think of this match and do you think that Stevie was a good opponent for Joey?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well the match was decent and yes I do think that Stevie was a good opponent for Joey not a great opponent but a good one. There was no doubt in my mind who the fans thought was going to win this match a lot of them probably wrote Stevie off when he walked though the curtain but like I always say this is wrestling anyone can beat anyone on any day.”

Terry Smith: “Moving on to the third match of the night, the co-main event, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I thought it was very good for how short it was but other than that I really don’t have much to say about this match.”

Terry Smith: “Now before the main event Jack DeColt who was in the previous match decided to make himself at home in the front row of the crowd. Do you think that he did this in order to get into the head of Trent Shaffer?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Yes I do after all something like sitting in the crowd is supposed to be distracting to the wrestler who is in the ring having to wrestle a match.”

Terry Smith: “Finally the main event was Trent Shaffer defending his CGC World Heavyweight Championship against Ricky DeColt. What did you think of this match and do you think that Trent is lucky to still have the belt in his possession?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that the match was done very well, there were times during the match where the fans truly thought that Ricky was going to win the title. I don’t think that Trent is lucky to still have the belt he is the champion and he will be regardless until he loses it. Just because his challenger might have looked better in the match than he did doesn’t mean that the challenger should have won.”

Terry Smith: “Well Chris that is all the time we have for this week join us again next week as we will be talking about what went down at CGC’s Apocalypse until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you at the matches.”

OOC: Some of the matches that will be taking place at CGC's next Pay Per View titled Apocalypse will be posted on Thursday. Until then read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Apocalypse

Thursday Week 3, October 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman Terry Smith with you this week to talk about some of the matches that you can expect to see this Friday night should you choose to attend CGC’s Apocalypse tomorrow night.

The first match of the night will be between Bobby Thomas and Ricky DeColt, will Bobby be able to defeat Ricky and make a name for himself at Ricky’s expense or will Ricky DeColt prove just why he is a DeColt?

The second match of the evening is between one half of the Soldiers of Fortune Fate as he takes on Whippy the Clown. Will Fate be able to win the match and prove that he can win matches by himself or will Whippy defeat Fate as he has the advantage of being a singles wrestler?

In the third match of the night, Eddie Chandler takes on Shane Nelson will Eddie be able to make short work of Shane or will Shane shock everyone by defeating Eddie Chandler.

In the fourth of match of the night the second half of the Soldiers Of Fortune Destiny takes on Ted Brady, will Destiny win the match or will Ted pull out the upset victory.

In the co-main event, Ed Monton takes on Nate Johnson will Nate be able to gain some momentum for himself and Eddie Chandler by getting a win in this match. Or will Ed Monton prove that he still has what it takes with a defeat over Nate Johnson.

Finally in the main event, in a match that has already been signed and talked about, Jack and Alex DeColt take on CGC World Champion Trent Shaffer and CGC Canadian Champion Joey Poison. This match is to determine the stipulation for the Jack DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer match at the next pay per view titled Survival of the Fittest. If Trent’s team wins then Trent will be able to choose the stipulation for the match with Jack DeColt and if Jack DeColt wins then he will be able to determine the stipulation for the match with Trent. Rest assured whoever wins the match will be a great one regardless of the stipulation.

That’s all for this weeks preview show until time this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches.

Those matches again are

Bobby Thomas vs. Ricky DeColt

Fate vs. Whippy The Clown

Eddie Chandler vs. Shane Nelson

Destiny vs. Ted Brady

Ed Monton vs. Nate Johnson

Main Event

Jack and Alex DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer and Joey Poison

Who’s ever team wins that individual chooses the stipulation for Survival Of The Fittest.

OOC: Predictions as always are welcome, the results of the show will be posted sometime on Sunday so until then get predicting!

Bobby Thomas vs. Ricky DeColt

Fate vs. Whippy The Clown

Eddie Chandler vs. Shane Nelson

Destiny vs. Ted Brady

Both are older than dirt, but I think Ted should have this.

Ed Monton vs. Nate Johnson

Main Event

Jack and Alex DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer and Joey Poison

Who’s ever team wins that individual chooses the stipulation for Survival Of The Fittest.

Although Joey is a great midcard champion, I see him as the weakest link out of these four. Therefore, I am going to go with the DeColts.

Archived