Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Saturday Week 4, December 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman Adrian Garcia here to talk about some of the matches that you can expect to see as Canadian Golden Combat presents the last edition of Title Bout Wrestling for the year 2010. The show will take place live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada and here are some of the matches that you can expect to see.

In the first match of the night, former CGC Canadian Champion Joey Poison takes on two former CGC World Heavyweight Champions in Trent Shaffer and Eddie Chandler in a triple threat match. Who will win this match is anyone’s question but if Joey were to win and beat two former World Champions it would be huge for him as he tries to gain momentum towards the World Title.

In the second match of the night, one half of the tag team champions and one half of the Soldiers Of Fortune Fate takes on one half of the former CGC Tag Team Champions Ricky DeColt. Will Fate win and gain some momentum for not only his team but Elite as well, or will Ricky win the match and gain some momentum towards getting the CGC World Tag Team Titles back.

In the third match of the night, Whippy The Clown takes on Shane Nelson. Who will win this match its anybody’s guess, as these two are both pretty evenly matched.

In the fourth match of the night, Ed Monton challenges Nate Johnson for the CGC Canadian Championship, will the aging Ed be able to regain some of his glory by winning the CGC Canadian Championship or will the much younger Nate Johnson defeat Ed and retain the CGC Canadian Title?

In the co-main event, Destiny takes on Alex DeColt will the decision reached in the earlier match between Ricky DeColt and Fate have any affect on this match? Or will both men not worry about the previous match and go all out as they try to each gain a win for themselves and their respective teams.

In the final match of the evening, Larry Wood gets a shot at the CGC World Heavyweight Championship when he takes on its holder Jack DeColt. Will Larry be able to defeat Jack and become the World Champion having only been in the company for about a month. Or will Jack defeat Larry and shrug off one more challenge knowing that he has many more ahead of him as champion.

All this and so much more will be answered live this Sunday night as Canadian Golden Combat presents Title Bout Wrestling live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia. Select seats are still available so get them while you can and until then this has been Adrian Garcia saying so long and I will see you ringside along side my partner Terry Smith as we call the action.

Joey Poison vs. Trent Shaffer vs. Eddie Chandler

Fate vs. Ricky DeColt

Whippy The Clown vs. Shane Nelson

Ed Monton vs. Nate Johnson ©

CGC Canadian Championship Match

Destiny vs. Alex DeColt

Larry Wood vs. Jack DeColt ©

CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match

OOC: Predictions as always are welcomed, the results will be posted sometime on Sunday after I have written them so until then get predicting!

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fate vs. Ricky DeColt

I think you summed it up perfectly in your rundown for this event, who knows who is going to win this one, well besides you...:D

Destiny vs. Alex DeColt

Fate vs. Ricky DeColt

Ed Monton vs. Nate Johnson ©CGC Canadian Championship Match

Destiny vs. Alex DeColt

Larry Wood vs. Jack DeColt ©CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match

Fate vs. Ricky DeColt

Destiny vs. Alex DeColt

Just posting the 24 hour notice for predictions (actually more like 23 since the results will go up at 11pm Central time Sunday Night) the segments for this show wont be written out because the segments I used on this show don't really need to be writen out because the game does a pretty good job of decribing what happened in them.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 4, December 2010

Abbotsford Recreation Complex (British Columbia) – 2,000

Shown Live on Maple Leaf Sports

Joey Poison comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interrupted by Jack DeColt. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before things take a violent turn and they start brawling. A whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up, and as they are being pulled apart it is clear a match is going to take place between them at a later date.

Road Agent Notes

The Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B-

Match 1

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Eddie Chandler defeated Joey Poison and Trent Shaffer in 7:43 when Eddie Chandler defeated Joey Poison by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Road Agent Notes

Trent Shaffer was really off his game tonight. Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C+

Match 2

Fate vs. Ricky DeColt

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Fate defeated Ricky DeColt in 7:49 by pinfall.

Road Agent Notes

Fate and Ricky DeColt have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Fate is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C-

Match 3

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Whippy The Clown defeated Shane Nelson in 8:27 by pinfall with a Joke's On You.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Match Rating: D+

Match 4

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Nate Johnson defeated Ed Monton in 8:01 by pinfall with a Natural Order. Nate Johnson makes defense number 5 of his CGC Canadian title.

Road Agent Notes

Nate Johnson and Ed Monton just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Ed Monton is improving in Technical skills. Ed Monton is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: D-

Match 5

Alex DeColt vs. Destiny

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Alex DeColt defeated Destiny in 8:20 by pinfall with a DeColt Driver.

Road Agent Notes

Destiny is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C

Main Event – Match 6

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Jack DeColt defeated Larry Wood in 7:55 by submission with an End Of Days. Jack DeColt makes defense number 2 of his CGC World title.

Match Rating: B-

Shane Nelson attacks Nate Johnson backstage, and leaves him down and out.

Road Agent Notes

The Shane Nelson vs. Nate Johnson storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: D+

Final Show Rating: C-

Notes: There was a feeling that some of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in ring action. There was a general feeling that the promotion should really be offering more storylines to follow, given it’s supposed to focus on the entertainment aspect of wrestling. I think this show might have actually hurt our popularity overall.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.40 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in the Abbotsford Recreation Complex, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been decent although hardly spectacular.

End of the Year Awards

Wrestler Of The Year: Johnny Bloodstone

Young Wrestler Of The Year: Wolf Hawkins

Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Jeremy Stone

Female Wrestler Of The Year: Fuyuko Higa

Promotion Of The Year: SWF

Most Improved Promotion Of The Year: TCW

Match Of The Year: Johnny Bloodstone defeated Sean McFly at Big City Brawl in January: A

Show Of The Year: NOTBPW Mid Summer Madness held by NOTBPW in July: A*

Prediction Key:

BHK1978: 4 of 6 correct!

Emark: 4 of 6 correct!

Dragonmack: 3 of 6 correct.

OOC: This was a very interesting show as far as predictions went as nobody got a perfect score. I threw in the End of the Year Awards at the end of this show because since it was the end of the year I thought some people might want to see who got what awards. The next meeting between Chris Kaladaro and Alex DeColt will be posted sometime tomorow. Finally I would like to thank BHK1978, Emark, and Dragonmack for continuing to support this dynasty as well as predict in it. Also feel free to comment if you have anything to say about anything regarding this dynasty as feedback is always encouraged.

A Meeting between Alex DeColt and Chris Kaladaro

Alex DeColt: “How much money did we make or loose last month?”

Chris Kaladaro: “We Lost $243,032.”

Alex DeColt: “Well I just raised our prices by $4 which is something that we should have been doing from day 1 hopefully with the raise in prices we can make some money and hopefully people won’t get mad at the fact that we are charging $4 more a ticket.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Yeah one of us should have done it but I am glad we did it now rather than later when we were already in the hole because this is only the second month where we have lost a significant amount of money.”

Alex DeColt: “Well hopefully we can make back the money we lost soon but I think we should be okay now.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Yeah I agree.”

Alex DeColt: “What do we have for storylines right now?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well we have Shane Nelson feuding with Nate Johnson in a storyline involving the CGC Canadian Championship. We also have the main storyline between Jack DeColt and Joey Poison for the CGC World Heavyweight Title. Both of these storylines started recently The Shane vs. Trent Storyline started in November while the Joey vs. Jack storyline was just started in December.”

Alex DeColt: “Good Enough, we should probably add one more storyline just be safe so that we make sure that we are giving the fans what they paid to see and so that the fans don’t get bored with the product. I will leave it up to you as to the third storyline we add will be.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Alright I have some good ideas about two more storylines we can add so we would have a total of four do you think that is excessive or do you think that is a good number.”

Alex DeColt: “Well normally I would say yes but we have a lot of top stars and I want each of them involved in something so I think that four is just fine. Finally what do you have planned as the main event for CGC Elimination?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well since the Joey Poison and Jack DeColt feud just started they have yet to have a match as a part of the feud so their first match will be the main event of Elimination 2011 for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship.”

Alex DeColt: “Alright good enough, keep up the great work Chris I have to get going so I will see you around.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Alright I will check in with you later.”

[With that said Chris gets up and leaves Alex’s office.]

OOC: The next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted around 11pm tomorow so until then feel free to comment on this column if you have anything you would like to say or any ideas.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after The latest edition of Title Bout Wrestling.

Terry Smith: “Hello ladies and gentleman Terry Smith here with Chris Kaladaro to talk to him about the last show which was the last show of 2010. Chris how do you think this show went?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was decent though nothing special.”

Terry Smith: “In the first segment Joey Poison confronted Jack DeColt telling him exactly why he decided to attack Jack at the conclusion of Chamber of Horrors what did you think of this segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought both came across well in what they had to say, until all hell broke loose and they started fighting one another.”

Terry Smith: “The first match of the night was a triple threat match between two former CGC World Heavyweight Champions in Eddie Chandler and Trent Shaffer as well as former CGC Canadian Champion Joey Poison. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was very good and would have been the best match on the show if it wasn’t for the main event which we will discuss later.”

Terry Smith: “In the second match of the night, Fate took on Ricky DeColt, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought the match was decent pretty simple match both guys didn’t do anything to fancy but they got the job done in the ring.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the third match which in your preview of the event you said that who would win this match was a complete toss up. With Whippy winning the match what did you think of the match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was good like I said in the preview it was a complete toss up, but I thought the match was decent overall.”

Terry Smith: “In the fourth match of the night, the CGC Canadian Championship was on the line as Ed Monton challenged Nate Johnson for the title. What did you think of this match and do you think that Ed deserved this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that the match was okay at best, I do think that Ed deserved the match but I was just hoping that it would have turned out better than it did but there is nothing I can change about it now. Nate made his fifth defense of the CGC Canadian Championship so I guess that is the good that came out of it.”

Terry Smith: “In the co-main event, Alex DeColt took on Destiny what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well it was a bit better than the match between Fate and Ricky DeColt but not by much but both guys did a decent job in the match whether they won or they lost.”

Terry Smith: “Finally in the main event, Larry Wood took on Jack DeColt for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well this match was indeed the best match of the show and it should have been with how good both wrestlers are and the fact that it was the main event of the show.”

Terry Smith: “What did you think of Larry’s performance?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought he did a very good job and came very close to actually defeating Jack DeColt in this match. My guess is that if he got another opportunity that he would make sure to win the match and take the title from Jack DeColt so we will see if that happens down the line.”

Terry Smith: “Finally as the show went off of the air for the night Shane Nelson attacked Nate Johnson backstage. Why do you think he did this especially after losing a match to Whippy The Clown earlier in the night?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well he just wanted to prove that even though he lost his match earlier in the night against Whippy he was still a legitimate threat to Nate Johnson’s title and he did a great job in conveying that with this attack.”

Terry Smith: “Well Chris that’s all the time we have for this weeks show, I would like to thank you as always for joining us. I would also like to remind everyone to check out Adrian Garcia’s segment on Thursday Night as he runs down some of the matches that you can expect to see at the first edition of Title Bout Wrestling in the year 2011. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you this Sunday night for the first show of 2011.”

OOC: Some of the matches that will be taking place at the first edition of Title Bout Wresting for the year 2011 will be posted on Thursday. Until then feel free to read up on this column and comment if you would like to do so.

The PPV Contract with Canada 1-Choice is set to expire at the end of the month as a result CGC has sent a request for renewal to Canada 1-Choice.

Trent Shaffer has rejected negotiation requests, as he doesn’t feel you are a big enough promotion.

The CGC contract of Grease Hogg is up for renewal he has been contacted about the renewal of his contract.

Incident Report

Terry Smith was the focal point of a backstage incident when he started spreading rumors about Lead Belly, almost leading to a fistfight between the two. As his employer, you now have to choose how to deal with Terry Smith.

Action Taken: Fatherly Approach

Response: Terry Smith, “I will try not to let it happen again.

Saturday Week 1, January 2011

Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to the show where we take an in depth look at the matches that will take place at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling. This edition of Title Bout Wrestling will mark the first edition of the year 2011 and will take place live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia and we have four matches signed for the night.

In the first match of the night, Ed Monton takes on the owner of CGC Alex DeColt. Will Ed be able to win this match and pull out an upset over the owner of the company or will Alex make short work of Ed Monton proving why he is the superior superstar?

In the second match of the night, the CGC Canadian Championship will be on the line as Stevie Grayson challenges the current champion Nate Johnson. Will Stevie shock everyone and defeat Nate for the title or will Nate defeat Stevie on the way to bigger and better challenges?

In the co-main event, Trent Shaffer the man who will be leaving CGC soon will be taking on Joey Poison. Will Trent continue to win matches even on his way out of CGC or will Joey defeat the former CGC World Heavyweight Champion on his way to gaining the CGC World Title for himself?

Finally in the main event of the evening an old rivalry is renewed as former CGC World Heavyweight Champion Eddie Chandler looks to regain the title as he takes on the current champion Jack DeColt. These two have quite the history in matches together so this match promises to deliver just like their previous encounters.

All these questions and so much more will be answered as Canadian Golden Combat presents the first edition of Title Bout Wrestling in the year 2011. Who will make an immediate impact by winning their matches on the first show of the year tune into Title Bout Wrestling to find out?

Those matches again are…

Ed Monton vs. Alex DeColt

Stevie Grayson vs. Nate Johnson ©

Joey Poison vs. Trent Shaffer

Eddie Chandler vs. Jack DeColt ©

OOC: Predictions as always are welcome and will be accepted up until the results have been posted on Sunday. So get predicting!

I should really pick a DeColt to lose one of these days.:D

Nate is still somewhat new to holding the Canadian title and you seem to like your title holders to hold their titles for some time so I think he shall retain.

I just can't see the World title changing hands on a T.V. show.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 1, January 2011

[To start off the show live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada, Eddie Chandler makes his way down to the ring he takes a microphone and begins talking to the crowd.]

Eddie Chandler: “Well Tonight it would appear that my opponent is the CGC World Heavyweight Champion Jack DeColt. Tonight a long rivalry is renewed as I go one on one with him in the ring for the belt. Jack you may have just won the title but tonight I will end your reign and become the new CGC World Champion while you will go down in the record books with one of the shortest World Heavyweight Title Reigns not just in CGC history but in Wrestling History.”

[With that said Jack DeColt make his way down to the ring and gets into it without fear he grabs a nearby microphone and gets in Eddie’s face and begins to speak.]

Jack DeColt: “You think you are going to be the one to end my reign but fact is I am going to do what I said I was going to do my reign this time around will be longer than my previous reign. The only thing you will accomplish with the match tonight is being just another name on my long list of opponents I will defeat as I do what I said I was going to do because I am a man of my word.”

Eddie Chandler: “Jack do you ever listen to yourself talk because if you did you would realize how dumb you sound because I have three men backing me so I doubt that you will win.”

Jack DeColt: “You forget that I have two brothers who will be more than happy than to hold your cronies at bay if they try to interfere in this match. Nothing not you not anyone will stand in my way of doing what I have set out to do so if I were you I would just cut your losses now because are will not win this match and that is a guarantee.”

Eddie Chandler: “Well you may talk the talk of a champion but the question is can you wrestle like one we will find out tonight in our match until then I will see you in the ring.”

[With that said Eddie Chandler drops his microphone in the center of the ring and leaves as Jack is at a loss for words. All of those questions will be answered in the ring later tonight as the two square off in the ring later in the main event for the title.]

Road Agent Notes

Adrian Garcia helped Chandler during this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B

Match 1

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Alex DeColt defeated Ed Monton in 7:34 by pinfall with a DeColt Driver.

Road Agent Notes

Ed Monton and Alex DeColt have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Alex DeColt looked good out there. Ed Monton is improving in Technical skills. Ed Monton is improving in Performance skills.

Match 2

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Nate Johnson defeated Stevie Grayson in 8:28 by pinfall with a Natural Order. Nate Johnson makes defense number 6 of his CGC Canadian title.

Road Agent Notes

Nate Johnson is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Stevie Grayson is improving in Technical skills.

Match Rating: D+

Match 3

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Joey Poison defeated Trent Shaffer in 8:19 by pinfall with an Antidote Web.

Road Agent Notes

The match suffered from a lack of psychology, it could have really used somebody with the knowledge of how to construct a proper flow. Trent Shaffer is improving in Technical skills.

Main Event – Match 4

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Jack DeColt defeated Eddie Chandler in 28:12 by submission with an End Of Days. Jack DeColt makes defense number 3 of his CGC World title.

Road Agent Notes

Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills.

After the match Jack DeColt starts to celebrate his win but it is cut short as Joey Poison rushes to the ring through the crowd and attacks Jack DeColt leaving him down and out.

Final Show Rating: B-

Notes: This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling Report

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in Abbotsford Recreation Complex, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.44 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

CGC have begun contract negotiations with Steve Frehley.

Prediction Key

Dragonmack: 2 of 4 correct.

BHK1978: 3 of 4 correct.

Emark: 4 of 4 correct!

20LEgend: 3 of 4 correct.

OOC: Thanks to everyone who predicted this week, the next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime on Tuesday so until then feel free to read up on the results and comment if you would like to do so.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after The latest edition of Title Bout Wrestling.

Terry Smith: “Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to the show where I have a sit down interview with Chris Kaladaro the head booker of CGC. Tonight we will be talking about the first edition of Title Bout Wrestling in the year 2011 so without any further ado lets get started. Chris what were your initial thoughts on this show?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I thought the show went very well, considering the rating that it got and hopefully this is a sign of things to come in 2011.”

Terry Smith: “I would like to start out by talking about the first segment of the night which was a segment between Eddie Chandler and current World Heavyweight Champion Jack DeColt a mere hours before they would square off later in the night. What did you think of both of these guys performance in the segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I thought that they both did a great job they didn’t go out and just say yeah we are going to have a match or whatever but instead they really let people know of their past history. Both guys do really well when in segments with each other I think they bring out the best in one another.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the first match of the night between Ed Monton and Alex DeColt, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was okay if anything Ed held the match back a bit because like we have said before he is getting older. If he can’t have at least a decent match with Alex DeColt then he is in trouble but I would say that this match was pretty decent nothing special though.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the second match of the night between Stevie Grayson as he looked to challenge Nate Johnson for the CGC Canadian Championship. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well this was the worst match of the show and that’s saying a lot considering what other matches were on the show. Stevie has a long way to go and I didn’t realize it until the match started but Nate deserves better opponents than that especially if people expect his opponents to be able to defeat him each and every week. You have to be able to say hey, this guy could actually win this match and I don’t think that was the case here.”

Terry Smith: “In the third match of the night, Trent Shaffer took on Joey Poison, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was very well done I have to give credit where credit is due to Trent Shaffer because even though he is leaving soon he still is pulling out all the stops in his matches and that is something to be said about him. As for Joey Poison he is on his way to being the CGC World Heavyweight Champion especially if he can defeat Trent Shaffer who is a former World Champion in his own right.”

Terry Smith: “Finally in the main event an old rivalry was rekindled when Eddie Chandler challenged Jack DeColt for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship. What are your thoughts on this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well like I said earlier about their segment any time they are in a segment together they deliver and the same goes for matches whenever they are in the ring together they deliver. Whether it is a one on one match or a tag team match they make sure that they leave the ring with the fans feeling happy and that is exactly what they did with this match.”

Terry Smith: “Now after the match, Joey Poison rushed to the ring and attacked Jack DeColt, what did you think of this attack?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Again like I said earlier Joey is a future World Heavyweight Champion but not everyone may know it. So he is doing whatever he can to not only get under the skin of Jack DeColt and the fans but to let them all know that he is a serious threat to Jack DeColt’s World Heavyweight Championship Reign. If I had to make a prediction, I would say that by the end of 2011 Joey Poison will be World Champion whether he beats Jack DeColt or someone else doesn’t matter as long as he does it.”

Terry Smith: “Well that’s a bold prediction straight out of the horses mouth ladies and gentleman, but with that said we have ran out of time for this weeks show. I would like to tell all of you to join Adrian Garcia in the studio this Thursday as he talks about some of the matches that you can expect to see on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches as I call the action live with Adrian Garcia."

OOC: Some of the matches that are scheduled to take place at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted sometime on Thursday. So Until then read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

The CGC contract of Nate Johnson is set to expire in one month as a result he has been contacted about the renewal of his contract.

The Pay Per View Contract with Canada 1-Choice has been renewed for a further six months.

The CGC contract of Grease Hogg has been renewed for a further nine months.

CGC have completed the signing of Steve Frehley to a nine-month pay per appearance contract.

Saturday Week 2, January 2011

Hello ladies and gentleman Adrian Garcia here to talk about some of the matches that you can expect to see at this Sundays edition of Title Bout Wrestling live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada.

The first match of the night features a man who will be leaving Canadian Golden Combat shortly in Trent Shaffer going one on one with Steve Frehley CGC’s newest signing in his very first match since joining the company. Will Steve be able to create some momentum right off of the bat with a win over Trent or will Trent crush the hopes of Steve Frehley as he wins another match on his way out of the company?

In the second match of the night its eight man tag team action as the team of The Elite Eddie Chandler, Nate Johnson, Destiny and Fate take on the team of Whippy The Clown, Larry Wood, Shane Nelson and Chris Kaladaro. Will the cohesive unit known as the Elite be able to defeat four men who have no experience teaming with each other. Or will Chris’s team be able to shock everyone by defeating the Elite.

In the third match and the co-main event, Joey Poison takes on Ricky DeColt. Will Joey be able to win the match and create some momentum towards getting a match for the World Heavyweight Championship? Or will Ricky defeat Joey crushing any hopes Joey has of getting a match with Jack for the title.

Finally in the main event of the evening, its brother vs. brother as Jack DeColt takes on his brother Alex DeColt who will win this match either way it’s a win win situation for the fans as this match promises to be a tremendous main event.

All this and so much more will be answered live this Sunday night as Canadian Golden Combat presents Title Bout Wrestling live from Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada. If you can’t make it to the arena be sure to join us in the comfort of your own homes on Maple Leaf Sports as this weeks show promises to be a great night of wrestling action. Until then this has been Adrian Garcia saying so long and will see you ringside alongside my broadcast colleague Terry Smith.

Those matches again are…

Trent Shaffer vs. Steve Frehley

Team Elite: Eddie Chandler, Nate Johnson and The Soldiers Of Fortune (Destiny and Fate) vs. Whippy The Clown, Larry Wood, Shane Nelson, and Chris Kaladaro

Joey Poison vs. Ricky DeColt

Brother vs. Brother

Alex DeColt vs. Jack DeColt ©

CGC World Heavyweight Championship

OOC: Predictions as always are welcomed, the results will be posted around 11pm central time on Sunday Night so you have from now until then to get yoru predictions in. So get predicting!

Good job on getting Steve! As much as I like what you have done with Trent in the past. In this match he is the sacrificial lamb so to speak in this match. I highly doubt that he has a chance here.

Team Elite: Eddie Chandler, Nate Johnson and The Soldiers Of Fortune (Destiny and Fate) vs. Whippy The Clown, Larry Wood, Shane Nelson, and Chris Kaladaro

Chris Kaladaro hardly ever wins. Why should he start winning now?:D

Brother vs. Brother

Brother vs. Brother

Alex DeColt vs. Jack DeColt ©CGC World Heavyweight Championship

Brother vs. Brother

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 2, January 2011

Match 1

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Steve Frehley defeated Trent Shaffer in 8:29 by pinfall with a Frehley's Comet.

Road Agent Notes

Steve Frehley is improving in Technical skills. Steve Frehley is improving in Performance skills.

Match 2

Team Elite: Eddie Chandler, Nate Johnson, The Soldiers Of Fortune vs. Whippy The Clown, Larry Wood, Shane Nelson and Chris Kaladaro

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Eddie Chandler, Nate Johnson and The Soldiers Of Fortune defeated Whippy The Clown, Larry Wood, Shane Nelson and Chris Kaladaro in 6:18 when Eddie Chandler defeated Larry Wood by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Road Agent Notes

Nate Johnson is starting to become a little stale in his current role. Destiny is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Shane Nelson vs. Nate Johnson storyline has continued with this match. Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills. Destiny is improving in Technical skills. Destiny is improving in Performance skills. Fate is improving in Performance skills. Chris Kaladaro is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C-

Match 3

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Joey Poison defeated Ricky DeColt in 8:21 by pinfall with an Antidote Web.

Road Agent Notes

Ricky DeColt is improving in Technical skills.

Jack DeColt is in the ring, about to compete. Before the match starts, Joey Poison comes down to the ringside area, apparently scouting his future opponent. Jack DeColt does not look happy about it, and appears somewhat distracted too.

Road Agent Notes

The Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Main Event – Match 4

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Jack DeColt defeated Alex DeColt in 27:58 by submission with an End Of Days.

Final Show Rating: C

Notes: This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling Last night in Abbotsford Recreation Complex, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been that the show was good, although some found it underwhelming.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.40 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

Prediction Key

BHK1978: 3 of 4 predictions correct.

Dragonmack: 2 of 4 predictions correct.

Emark: 4 of 4 predictions correct for a perfect score this week.

OOC: First I would like to congratulate Emark for not only getting a perfect score this week but also for being the only one to correctly predict that Joey Poison would defeat Ricky DeColt. The next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime on Tuesday until then read up on the results and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Archived