Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy

CGC The DeColt WrestleFestival, Day 1

Sunday, Week 4, March 2011

King Edward Multiplex (British Columbia) – 5,000

Shown Live on Pay Per View

Jack DeColt comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interrupted by Joey Poison. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before things take a violent turn and they start brawling. A whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up, and as they are being pulled apart it is clear a match is going to take place between them.

Road Agent Notes

The Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B+

Match 1

Steve Frehley vs. Ricky DeColt

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Steve Frehley defeated Ricky DeColt in 18:04 by pinfall with a Frehley's Comet.

Road Agent Notes

Steve Frehley is improving in Flying skills.

Match Rating: C+

Match 2

Stevie Grayson vs. Thrill Seeker

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Stevie Grayson defeated Thrill Seeker in 7:55 by pinfall with a Shades Of Grayson.

Road Agent Notes

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Match Rating: D+

Match 3

The Dirty White Boys vs. The Soldiers Of Fortune ©

CGC World Tag Team Championship Match

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, The Soldiers Of Fortune defeated The Dirty White Boys in 7:53 when Destiny defeated Lead Belly by pinfall. The Soldiers Of Fortune make defense number 2 of their CGC World Tag Team titles.

Road Agent Notes

Fate really needs a change to his character desperately. Lead Belly has now switched to an Armed Forces gimmick. It has gotten an initial C rating. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Match 4

Ed Monton vs. Madman Boone

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ed Monton defeated Madman Boone in 7:33 by pinfall with a Fallaway Slam.

Road Agent Notes

Madman Boone was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Ed Monton and Madman Boone just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Ed Monton is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: D-

Nate Johnson is in the ring, about to compete. Before the match starts, Shane Nelson comes down to the ringside area, apparently scouting his future opponent. Johnson does not look happy about it, and appears somewhat distracted too.

Road Agent Notes

The Shane Nelson vs. Nate Johnson storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: D+

Match 5

Zeus Maxmillion vs. Nate Johnson ©

CGC Canadian Championship Match

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Nate Johnson defeated Zeus Maxmillion in 7:33 by pinfall with a Natural Order. Nate Johnson makes defense number 5 of his CGC Canadian title.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Match Rating: C

Match 6

Larry Wood vs. Shane Nelson

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Larry Wood defeated Shane Nelson in 7:59 by pinfall with a Running Big Foot.

Road Agent Notes

Larry Wood was really off his game tonight. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Shane Nelson is improving in Rumble skills.

Eddie Chandler is in the ring, and calls out Alex DeColt to face him. As soon as Alex DeColt appears he gets jumped by Fate and Destiny, who had been lying in wait. The ambush leaves Alex DeColt down and out.

Road Agent Notes

Adrian Garcia helped Chandler during this segment. Fate really needs a change to his character desperately.

Segment Rating: D+

Match 7

Alex DeColt vs. Eddie Chandler

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Eddie Chandler defeated Alex DeColt in 27:51 by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Road Agent Notes

Alex DeColt seemed off his game tonight.

Main Event – Match 8

Joey Poison vs. Jack DeColt ©

CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match

In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, Joey Poison defeated Jack DeColt in 28:20 by disqualification.

Road Agent Notes

Joey Poison was really off his game tonight. The Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison storyline has continued with this match.

Joey Poison attacks Jack DeColt in the ring, and leaves him down and out.

Road Agent Notes

The Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B

Final Show Rating: C+

Notes: This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

CGC The DeColt WrestleFestival, Day 1

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC The DeColt WrestleFestival, Day 1 last night in King Edward Multiplex, and drew 5,000 fans. The feedback has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

Prediction Key:

BHK1978: 4 of 8 predictions correct.

Dragonmack: 4 of 8 predictions correct.

OOC: Thanks to both BHK1978 and Dragonmack for predicting I was going to offer a prize this month but since it was a two way tie there is no way that I can with what I wanted to do. Read the results and feel free to comment if you would like to, like I said before I apoligize for not writing them out this week but I was busy and didn't have the time to do so. Finally The next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted on Tuesday and like I said in an earlier post I am going to hold off on doing the monthly review until next monday after the results for The DeColt Wrestlefestival Day 2 have been posted.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dang, I missed a good one this week but was off the grid for B-day and my first official Father's Day. I'll catch the next one...

Thanks for the support Emark, and I kind of figured that not everyone that predicts reqularly in this dynasty would predict this weekend because of it being fathers day.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after The DeColt WrestleFestival Day 1.

Terry Smith: “Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to another edition of the show where I sit down with Chris Kaladaro to talk about the latest show in CGC. This past Sunday’s The DeColt WrestleFestival Day 1 is the show we are talking about and what can you tell us about it Chris?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well the fans seemed to really enjoy it and that’s the most important thing granted some fans were probably mad at the outcome of the main event but that will be talked about later.”

Terry Smith: “I would like to start off by talking about the opening segment between Jack DeColt and Joey Poison. What did you think of their verbal exchange in the ring?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it went very well I don’t have to say anything about Jack because he has proven to me time and time again that he can talk the talk. As far as Joey Poison goes he really shocked me in this segment so it seems that he will be a great asset to the company in the future as far as his mic skills go.”

Terry Smith: “In the first match of the night Steve Frehley took on Ricky DeColt, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “In my opinion the perfect match to open the show, both guys brought out the best in themselves and in the other wrestler and that is the most important thing when having a match if you want it to be the best that it can be.”

Terry Smith: “In the second match of the night, Stevie Grayson took on Thrill Seeker, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Not the best match but it served the purpose of getting both of those guys on the show Steve won the match so I am sure that we will see more of him in the future.”

Terry Smith: “In the third match of the night, the Tag Team titles were on the line as the Dirty White Boys took on the Soldiers of Fortune. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was good but that it could have been a lot better granted The Dirty White Boys aren’t on the shows every week but they should be able to pull out a decent match here and there. Like I said though this match wasn’t bad but it could have been a lot better than it was.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the next match of the night between Ed Monton and Madman Boone what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Sadly this match was worse than the match before it Ed is getting older and is a good 10 years past his prime and it really showed in this match. Madman is still getting back into the swing of things following his injury and hasn’t quite found his niche yet. Madman should be able to be a player in CGC if he can take care of his ring rust.”

Terry Smith: “Now before the next match started as Nate Johnson was in the ring ready to defend his title Shane Nelson came down to ringside to get a closer look at his future opponent. Do you think that this got under the skin of the champion?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Yeah a little bit he seemed frustrated at times during his match with Zeus and to him he shouldn’t have been because he is the Canadian Champion. If he got frustrated in a match with Zeus just imagine what will happen when he steps into the ring with Shane Nelson. What ever it is could cause Nate to lose the title and that is something that Nate and the rest of the Elite can’t afford to have happen.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the match between Zeus Maxmillion and Nate Johnson for the CGC Canadian Championship what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was good Zeus definitely showed everyone that he deserved to be in the match but in the end Nate Johnson was able to pick up the win and add another title defense and another name to his list.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the sixth match of the night, Larry Wood took on Shane Nelson what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Again another match that wasn’t anything special I expected more out of these two especially Larry since he is a veteran but it just didn’t happen."

Terry Smith: “Now before the co-main event between Eddie Chandler and Alex DeColt Eddie set up Alex to have him ambushed by the Soldiers Of Fortune and himself. What did you think of this segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Obviously Eddie was doing this to try to soften up Alex and it worked because Eddie was able to pick up the win in the match with Alex.”

Terry Smith: “What did you think of the match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that this match was done very well and even though Alex went into the match hurt he still did his best to pull out all the stops in his match against Eddie. In the end though the attack on Alex earlier seemed to catch up to him as he was worn out which led to Eddie winning the match.”

Terry Smith: “Finally onto the main event of the evening between Joey Poison and Jack DeColt for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was very well done, a lot of people are probably angry at Jack for being DQed which caused Joey to not win the title but the fact is that the match is over and there is nothing that can be done differently now. Jack did what he did to save his title whether or not Joey gets another shot at it remains to be seen.”

Terry Smith: “Well it seems like Joey is going to do whatever he can to get another match because after Jack got disqualified Joey didn’t waste any time by attacking Jack DeColt leaving him down and out as the show went off of the air. What did you think of this segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well obviously Joey did what he did out of revenge and the fact that he was mad because his one championship opportunity ended in disqualification. If I were in his shoes I would probably have done the same thing so I can’t blame him for what he did. However like I said earlier whether or not Joey gets another shot at the title remains to be seen.”

Terry Smith: “Well Chris with that said we are out of time for this week’s edition of the show I would like to thank you for joining us this week. I would also like to remind everyone to be sure and join Adrian Garcia live in the studio this Monday a few hours before DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 and he will talk about the matches that you can expect to see live at the show. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches.”

OOC: Some of the matches that will be taking place at DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 will be posted sometime on Thursday. Until then read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents The DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2

Monday Week 1, April 2011

Hello ladies and gentleman Adrian Garcia welcoming you to another edition of the show where I talk about all of the matches that you can expect to see at our next event. The next show that CGC has to offer is CGC The DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 and as with Day 1, eight matches have been signed to take place live from the Waterloo University Arena in Ontario Canada.

In the first match of the night Larry Wood will take on Zeus Maxmillion will Larry win this match making him two and zero at the DeColt WrestleFestival or will Zeus Maxmillion defeat Larry Wood in their match?

In the second match of the night, Chris Kaladaro takes on Thrill Seeker. Will Chris Kaladaro prove that he is a better wrestler than Thrill Seeker as he attempts to run circles around him in the ring? Or will Thrill Seeker catch Chris off guard and pull out the upset?

In the third match of the night, Shane Nelson takes on Ted Brady who will win this match is anyone’s guess be sure to be in the arena live as this match happens to find out who the winner will be.

In the fourth match of the night former tag team champion Stevie Grayson takes on Ed Monton. Will Stevie be able to pick up a win over a former World Heavyweight Champion? Or will Ed prove that he still has a little left in the tank with a win over Stevie?

In the fifth match of the night, Alex and Ricky DeColt get another shot at regaining the CGC World Tag Team Titles as they get another match with The Soldiers Of Fortune. What team will win in the latest match of their feud Alex and Ricky or the reigning tag team champions tune into DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 to find out.

In the sixth match of the night, Whippy The Clown who didn’t have a match on day 1’s show gets a shot to prove why he is on day 2’s show as he takes on Nate Johnson for the CGC Canadian Title. Will Whippy prove to everyone that he deserves to be on the shows more often with a win over Nate Johnson? Or will Nate defeat Whippy proving that Whippy’s last win over him was a fluke and will never happen again?

In the co-main event, Eddie Chandler goes one on one with Steve Frehley. Who will win and will The Elite be close by to help Eddie if that is the case then Steve has his work cut out for him. Find out who wins this match live as it happens later tonight.

Finally in the eighth match of the night and the main event, Jack DeColt steps into the ring not knowing who his opponent will be. Will Jack be able to retain his title even though he doesn’t know who his opponent is or will the challenger win the title and send Jack DeColt back down to the bottom of the ladder?

All these questions and so much more will be answered as Canadian Golden Combat presents CGC The DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 live from the Waterloo University Arena in Ontario Canada. Get your tickets now because they won’t last long and for now this has been Adrian Garcia saying so long and I will see you all later tonight at ringside along side Terry Smith to call the action.

Those matches again are…

Larry Wood vs. Zeus Maxmillion

Chris Kaladaro vs. Thrill Seeker

Shane Nelson vs. Ted Brady

Stevie Grayson vs. Ed Monton

Alex and Ricky DeColt vs. The Soldiers Of Fortune ©

Whippy The Clown vs. Nate Johnson ©

Eddie Chandler vs. Steve Frehley

??? vs. Jack DeColt

OOC: Predictions as always are welcomed and will be accepted up until the results are posted on Sunday night. In addition to the predictions I will be interested to see who you think the mystery man facing Jack DeColt is even though I think I made it pretty obvious. Until then get predicting!

Making sure I get in on this one...

Joey Poison vs. Jack DeColt

CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match- I seem to remember a meeting where the DeColt's agreed to put the title on an unnamed worker and I think Joey is the one

The Soldiers of Fortune are old and they suck, it is time for a change.

??? vs. Jack DeColt

Sound reasoning from Emark plus Joey is one of the biggest stars you have and this card seems to be missing him. So there you have it.

??? vs. Jack DeColt

Incident Report

Ricky DeColt was the focal point of a backstage incident when a mean-spirited prank he pulled on Shane Nelson nearly led to a fight breaking out. As his employer, you now have to choose how to deal with Ricky DeColt.

Action Taken: Fatherly Approach

Response: Ricky DeColt, “It was just a prank it was no big deal.

CGC The DeColt WrestleFestival, Day 2

Monday, Week 1, April 2011

Waterloo University Arena (Ontario) – 5,000

Shown Live on Pay Per View

[To start off the show live from the Waterloo University Arena Alex and Ricky DeColt make their way down to the ring they both grab microphones and get into the ring and begin to speak.]

Alex DeColt: “If you are here in the arena tonight you picked a great night to be here after all my brother Ricky and I are going to win back our World Tag Team Championships from the Soldiers Of Fortune. In addition to that our brother Jack DeColt is going to retain the championship against his opponent for the night whomever it may be.”

Ricky DeColt: “Yeah I mean come on we are the DeColts we were born to be a success in this business and tonight my brothers and I will prove it as we will win our matches and hold all the gold in CGC.”

Alex DeColt: “Well not all the gold Ricky because we don’t have the Canadian Championship but soon we will have that as well and we will dominate CGC once again.”

[With that said it seems as if the tag team champions the Soldiers Of Fortune have heard enough as they make their way down to the ring with microphones in hand.]

Fate: “You think you will win the titles tonight, well I got news for you guys its not going to happen and your brother is going to lose the World Title tonight. So it is not a night for the DeColts for once it is a night for everyone else in this promotion who have worked our butts off for you guys over the years.”

Destiny: “Yeah your right Fate I am so sick of you guys saying that just because you are DeColt’s that you are the best this promotion has to offer. There are a lot of other guys that aren’t named DeColt that are just as good if not better than you guys. Tonight we will prove it as we retain our tag team titles and Jack loses the World Title.”

Alex DeColt: “You want to do something about it lets not wait for later tonight lets have the match right here right now.”

[With that said Chris Kaladaro makes his way onto the entrance ramp.]

Chris Kaladaro: “Hold on guys be patient that match is not the first match of the night so you guys are going to have to wait. I like your enthusiasm so use that in tonight’s match but it will not take place now.”

[With that said Chris makes his way back to his office as the four men involved in the tag team title match later on tonight get out of the ring and go back to their locker rooms to get ready for the match later on tonight.]

Road Agent Notes

Fate has now switched to a Bodyguard gimmick. It has gotten an initial C rating. Fate performed poorly in this segment.

Segment Rating: C

Match 1

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Larry Wood defeated Zeus Maxmillion in 12:33 by pinfall with a Running Big Foot.

Match 2

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Thrill Seeker defeated Chris Kaladaro in 7:52 by pinfall with a Daredevil Drop.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Chris Kaladaro is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C-

[A camera cuts backstage to see Joey Poison bust into Chris Kaladaro’s office and confronts him.]

Joey Poison: “I want another match against Jack DeColt for the title and if I don’t get it I am going to hold this whole show hostage and it won’t go any further.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Relax Joey you got your match tonight it wouldn’t be fair to you after how last night’s match ended so you have another shot at the title tonight. However this is your last chance so if you don’t win you go back down to the bottom of the ladder oh and that reminds me your match tonight will be a ladder match.”

Joey Poison: “I promise you Chris this is the last chance that I will need to take the title away from Jack DeColt because your looking at your new World Heavyweight Champion.”

[Joey leaves Chris’ office looking pleased and ready to realize his dream later tonight.]

Road Agent Notes

The Joey Poison vs. Jack DeColt storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment.

Segment Rating: B-

Match 3

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Shane Nelson defeated Ted Brady in 8:30 by pinfall with a Clash Of Styles.

Road Agent Notes

Ted Brady was visibly tiring toward the end. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ted Brady is improving in Rumble skills.

Segment Rating: C-

Match 4

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Ed Monton defeated Stevie Grayson in 8:15 by pinfall with a Fallaway Slam.

Road Agent Notes

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ed Monton is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: D

Match 5

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, The Soldiers Of Fortune defeated Alex & Ricky DeColt in 8:26 when Destiny defeated Alex DeColt by pinfall. The Soldiers Of Fortune make defense number 3 of their CGC World Tag Team titles.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Destiny is improving in Technical skills. Fate is improving in Rumble skills. Fate is improving in Performance skills.

Match 6

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Nate Johnson defeated Whippy The Clown in 8:08 by pinfall with a Natural Order. Nate Johnson makes defense number 6 of his CGC Canadian title.

Road Agent Notes

Eddie Chandler is in the ring, about to compete. Before the match starts, Alex DeColt comes down to the ringside area, apparently scouting his future opponent. Chandler does not look happy about it, and appears somewhat distracted too.

Segment Rating: C-

Match 7

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Steve Frehley defeated Eddie Chandler in 18:10 by pinfall with a Frehley's Comet.

Main Event - Match 8

Joey Poison vs. Jack DeColt ©

Ladder Match for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship

In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, Joey Poison defeated Jack DeColt in a Ladder match in 25:28 when Joey Poison retrieved the item. Joey Poison wins the CGC World title.

Road Agent Notes

The Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison storyline has continued with this match.

[After the match Jack leaves the ring and Joey grabs a microphone and begins talking to the crowd.]

Joey Poison: “Finally I have done it after so many years of not having a World Heavyweight Championship I have finally captured the title. I am going to make you guys a promise that I am going to be the best World Champion that CGC has ever seen and I will take on all comers. It doesn’t matter who it is because I am going to do whatever I can to hold onto this title for a very long time and you can count on that.”

[With that said Joey leaves the ring holding up the CGC World Heavyweight Championship as the pay per view goes off of the air for the evening.]

Road Agent Notes

This segment lifted the crowd.

Notes: This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

CGC The DeColt WrestleFestival, Day 2

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC The DeColt WrestleFestival, Day 2 last night in Waterloo University Arena, and drew 5,000 fans. The feedback has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

Prediction Key

Emark: 5 of 8 predictions correct.

BHK1978: 7 of 8 predictions correct.

Dragonmack: 5 of 8 predictions correct.

OOC: Thanks to the above three for making predictions and congratulations to both Emark and BHK1978 for correctly predicting that Joey Poison was the mystery opponent for Jack DeColt although to me I think I made it pretty obvious of who it was. I hope that you guys like the segments that I wrote out for this show as I took an extra effort to make it special as it was probably the biggest show in the history of this dynasty. Feel free to comment if you would like to and lastly the next meeting between Chris Kaladaro and the DeColts will be posted tomorow.

A Meeting between Alex DeColt and Chris Kaladaro

After DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 April 2011

[Chris Kaladaro walks into the office of Alex DeColt where Jack and Ricky greet him he shakes both of their hands and sits down in front of Alex DeColt after shaking his hand. Chris turns to Jack…]

Chris Kaladaro: “Jack before we get this meeting started I just want to thank you for being willing to loose the title at the last show to Joey Poison.”

Jack DeColt: “No problem Chris he more than deserves to be the champion even though I don’t see eye to eye with him.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well that’s the business I am just happy that you were happy to lose without complaining about it because that’s not seen a lot of the time in this business. Now Alex I know what your first questions is going to be and that is how much money did we lose this month. However I am pleased to say that we actually made $84,786 this month.”

Alex DeColt: “That’s great news I mean we didn’t make a lot of money this month but at least we didn’t lose money for a change. Now what is the storyline situation after the Jack and Joey storyline ended?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well we still have the one between yourself and Eddie Chandler, and one for the Canadian Title between Shane Nelson and Nate Johnson.”

Alex DeColt: “What about a new World Title Storyline what do you plan on doing with it?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I think that it is more than fair if Steve Frehley gets the first crack at Joey Poison for the title. Jack will eventually get a rematch but not now and I hope that’s okay with you Jack?”

Jack DeColt: “You’ll get no complaints from me dude.”

Chris Kaladaro: “In that case I feel that we haven’t been using Steve to his full potential since signing him from SWF. This feud will hopefully get him over as a legitimate threat to anyone. If he can have good matches with the champion and make people believe that he can actually win the title then the fans will pretty much think he can beat anyone which is what I am going for.”

Alex DeColt: “Alright that sounds great, well Chris good job and keep doing what you are doing I have some things to do though so I will catch up with you later.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Alright sounds good Alex.”

[With that said Chris shakes Alex’s hand and gets up from his chair he then goes over to Ricky and shakes his hand and then over to Jack shaking his hand.]

Chris Kaladaro: “Thanks again Jack I can’t thank you enough for what you have done for the image of the World Title and this company keep it up.”

Jack DeColt: “You know I will this is what I love to do.”

[With that said Chris smiles at Jack and pats him on the back and then leaves the office of Alex DeColt.]

OOC: The interview between Terry Smith and Chris Kaladaro will be posted tomorow talking about the DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2. Until then feel free to read up on this column and comment if you would like to do so.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after The DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2.

Terry Smith: “Hello again ladies and gentleman I am here with the one and only Chris Kaladaro as we talk about everything that happened at The DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2. Chris now that both day’s of the DeColt WrestleFestival are over what day was the best in your opinion?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I don’t think that one show was better than the other sure you will have one person say they liked day 1’s show better than day 2’s and vice versa. I thought that they were both equally good and there wasn’t really a better show when it came to those two shows.”

Terry Smith: “To start off the show Alex and Ricky DeColt came down to the ring to talk about their opponents for the night The Soldiers Of Fortune. Then the Soldiers interrupted them and it seemed like the match was going to take place right then and there. Why did you come down and stop them from starting the match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well because that wasn’t the first match on the show and I didn’t want it to happen until later on in the show when it was supposed to happen. I have to have control over the promotion I can’t have guys just coming out and saying I want this match with this guy right now because it would ultimately screw up everything I had planned. If that were the case then there would be no need to have me here because it would be shear anarchy.”

Terry Smith: “In the first match of the night, Larry Wood took on Zeus Maxmillion what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was done very well and I thought it was the perfect match to open the show. Both wrestlers did a great job in the match and in the end it was Larry Wood who got the pin over Zeus to win the match.”

Terry Smith: “In the second match of the night Thrill Seeker took on yourself what did you think of both of your performances in this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that Thrill Seeker did a better job than I did which is obvious because he won and I didn’t. I thought that the match was good but that it could have been better I have had way better matches in the past and this is one that I am not really happy about personally.”

Terry Smith: “Now after this match you got out of the ring and went back to your office only to have Joey Poison break into your office and confront you about his match the previous night against Jack DeColt. What did you think of Joey’s performance in this segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I thought he came across very well and he had a good point which was why I gave him his rematch later on in the show against Jack DeColt.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the third match of the night between Shane Nelson and Ted Brady, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “It wasn’t anything special but I didn’t think it was that bad both guys are trying to make a name for themselves in the promotion and Shane was the one who got the win in the match.”

Terry Smith: “In the fourth match of the night, Stevie Grayson took on Ed Monton, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “It was probably the worst match on the show they just didn’t seem like they had any chemistry in the ring so the match wasn’t as good as it should have been.”

Terry Smith: “In the fifth match of the night, Alex and Ricky DeColt challenged the Soldiers Of Fortune for the CGC World Tag Team Titles. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that it was a good match, it could have been better but it was good for what it was. Both teams did an outstanding job and in the end Destiny was able to pin Alex DeColt in order to pick up the win for the Soldiers Of Fortune and retain the tag team titles.”

Terry Smith: “In the second title match of the night and the sixth match of the night, Whippy The Clown challenged Nate Johnson for the CGC Canadian Championship. A lot of people seemed to forget that it was Whippy that ended Nate’s first reign as champion but then Nate was able to regain the title a week later. Chris, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “It was your average match both guys did their parts and in the end Whippy just didn’t do enough to defeat Nate Johnson and win the title and as a result Nate Johnson won the match and retained the title.”

Terry Smith: “Now before the co-main event got underway Alex DeColt came down to the ring to get a closer look at Eddie Chandler in his match vs. Steve Frehley. Do you think that Alex coming down to ringside distracted Eddie?”

Chris Kaladaro: “In this case I do because Eddie lost the match against Steve.”

Terry Smith: “What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that it was very well done both guys seemed to do the best that they could and it made for a great match.”

Terry Smith: “Finally in the main event Joey Poison challenged Jack DeColt for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship. Now because of Jack DeColt’s actions the previous night in his match with Joey you decided to step in and make it a ladder match. What did you think of this match and do you think that now that Joey is champion that he has a lot to live up too?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that this match was the perfect way to end a feud of this caliber both men did an outstanding job of laying it all on the line in this match. In the end Joey Poison wanted it more as he won the match and finally won the title. I don’t think that he has a lot to live up to but I think it will be a big let down to him if he doesn’t have at least ten title defenses under his belt before his reign ends.”

Terry Smith: “Now after the match Joey grabbed a microphone and began talking to the crowd about his win what did you think of this segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was very well done Joey Poison did a great job on the microphone and with this win he has assured that wrestling fans will be talking about this win for a long long time. Especially if you were there you will have parents tell their kids I was there when Joey Poison won the title.”

Terry Smith: “Well that’s all the time that we have for this weeks edition of the show, be sure to join Adrian Garcia live in the studio this Thursday. He will go over some of the matches that you can expect to see at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches alongside Adrian Garcia as we call all of the action.”

OOC: Some of the matches that will take place at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted sometime on Thursday. Until then be sure to read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Saturday Week 1, April 2011

Hello ladies and gentleman Adrian Garcia here to talk about what you can expect to see at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling. This Sunday’s edition happens just forty eight hours after The DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 so there will definitely be a lot of fall out from that event. This weeks show also will take place from the Varsity Arena in Ontario Canada and five matches have already been signed for the evening.

In the first match of the night, Zeus Maxmillion takes on Eddie Chandler. Zeus has been on a small role as of late will he be able to keep it up with a win over Eddie Chandler? Or will Eddie win the match and prove exactly why he is a former CGC World Heavyweight Champion.

In the second match of the night the number one contendership for the tag team championships is up for grabs as former champions Alex and Ricky DeColt take on The Dirty White Boys. Will Alex and Ricky win this match giving themselves another shot at the Soldiers Of Fortune for the titles? Or will The Dirty White Boys get the win and the upset as they look to upset the champions as well?

In the third match of the night one half of the tag team champions Fate takes on Ed Monton. Will Fate defeat Ed or will Ed prove that he is the more experienced veteran of the two as he defeats him in this match?

In the fourth match of the night, former CGC World Heavyweight Champion Jack DeColt takes on Larry Wood. Will Larry defeat Jack DeColt causing him to lose another match or will Jack get back on the winning side of things by defeating Larry Wood?”

Finally in the main event, Steve Frehley and CGC Canadian Champion Nate Johnson team up to take on Shane Nelson and CGC World Heavyweight Champion Joey Poison. Will Steve and Nate be able to win the match or will Joey Poison continue his winning ways since winning the CGC World Heavyweight Championship this past Friday night? What Role will Shane Nelson play in the match tune in this Sunday night to find out?

That’s all for this week’s edition of the show be sure to join me alongside my partner Terry Smith as we call all of the action live from ringside this Sunday night at Title Bout Wrestling. There are still a few tickets available for the show so get them while you can and until this Sunday this has been Adrian Garcia saying so long and I will see you all at the matches.

Those matches again are…

Zeus Maxmillion vs. Eddie Chandler

Alex and Ricky DeColt vs. The Dirty White Boys

Number one contenders match for the CGC Tag Team Championships

Fate vs. Ed Monton

Jack DeColt vs. Larry Wood

Steve Frehley and Nate Johnson vs. Shane Nelson and Joey Poison

OOC: Predictions as always are welcomed and will be accepted up until Sunday night when the results are posted. So like I always say get predicting.

It will probably be the DeColt's but I think that DWBs are something different for you.

Fate vs. Ed Monton

This could be the start of a push for Steve

Fate vs. Ed Monton

Fate vs. Ed Monton

Just to let everyone know you now have less than 24 hours to make predictions for this show if you still want to do so. The results will be posted tomorow around 11pm but will not be written out this week because I don't have time to be able to do so. So as I said before you have less than 24 hours to make predictions so if you still want to make predictions for this show you have from now until 11pm CDT tomorow to do so.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 1, April 2011

Varsity Arena (Ontario) – 2,000

Shown Live on Maple Leaf Sports

Frehley and Johnson come down to the ring. They takes microphones and start talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interrupted by Poison and Nelson. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before things take a violent turn and they start brawling. A whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up, and as they are being pulled apart it is clear a match is going to take place between them.

Road Agent Notes

Adrian Garcia helped Johnson during this segment. Jenny Playmate helped Nelson during this segment. Joey Poison looked good. The Shane Nelson vs. Nate Johnson storyline has continued with this segment. The Joey Poison vs. Steve Frehley storyline has continued with this segment. Shane Nelson is developing better performance skills.

Segment Rating: C

Match 1

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Eddie Chandler defeated Zeus Maxmillion in 13:19 by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Road Agent Notes

Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: B-

Match 2

#1 Contendership match for the tag team titles

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Alex & Ricky DeColt defeated The Dirty White Boys in 8:27 when Alex DeColt defeated Grease Hogg by pinfall with a DeColt Driver.

Road Agent Notes

Match 3

Fate vs. Ed Monton

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Fate defeated Ed Monton in 7:55 by pinfall.

Road Agent Notes

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Fate is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: D

Match 4

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Jack DeColt defeated Larry Wood in 7:34 by submission with an End Of Days.

Main Event - Match 5

Steve Frehley and Nate Johnson vs. Joey Poison and Shane Nelson

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Steve Frehley and Nate Johnson defeated Joey Poison and Shane Nelson in 13:02 when Steve Frehley defeated Joey Poison by pinfall with a Frehley's Comet.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Joey Poison stood out as being good. The Shane Nelson vs. Nate Johnson storyline has continued with this match. The Joey Poison vs. Steve Frehley storyline has continued with this match.

Joey Poison attacks Steve Frehley in the ring, and leaves him down and out.

Road Agent Notes

The Joey Poison vs. Steve Frehley storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in Varsity Arena, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.38 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

Prediction Key

BHK1978: 3 of 5 predictions correct.

Emark: 4 of 5 predictions correct.

Dragonmack: 4 of 5 predictions correct.

OOC: Thanks to the above three predictors for continuing to make predictions in this dynasty and congrats to both Emark and Dragonmack who each got 4 of 5 predictions correct this week. The next edition of the interview between Terry Smith and Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime on Tuesday so in the mean time feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after the latest edition of Title Bout Wresting.

Terry Smith: “Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to the latest edition of the show where I get a chance to talk to Chris Kaladaro about the latest show that CGC held. Chris what were your initial thoughts before and after this show took place.”

Chris Kaladaro: “When we were in the back before the show I was nervous because I wasn’t sure if it would go as well as I wanted it too. However after the show was over I was very happy with the results so I can’t complain about this show.”

Terry Smith: “Now in the first segment of the show Steve Frehley and Nate Johnson came down to the ring and were met by Joey Poison and Shane Nelson what did you think of this segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “It wasn’t the worst but it could have been better, it was just very average in my mind.”

Terry Smith: “In the first match of the night Zeus Maxmillion took on former CGC World Champion Eddie Chandler. What did you think of this match and Zeus Maxmillion’s performance in it?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that the match was very well done definitely the best match of the night, Everyone knows that Eddie Chandler is a great wrestler whether they like him or not. I thought that Zeus Maxmillion did an outstanding job even though he lost the match he was still able to show people what he is capable of and it made for a great match.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the second match of the night between Alex and Ricky DeColt as they took on The Dirty White Boys for the number one contendership for the CGC World Tag Team Titles. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “It was better than I thought it was going to be because I am never too sure of how the Dirty White Boys will perform once in the ring. This match wasn’t the best match but it was okay and passable, and now Alex and Ricky DeColt can look forward to their match with the Soldiers Of Fortune as they try and reclaim their tag team titles.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the third match of the night between one half of the CGC World Tag Team Champions Fate as he took on Ed Monton. What are your thoughts about this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Definitely the worst match of the night I thought by putting these two together that it would be a good match but I was wrong as both wrestlers are aging significantly. They aren’t getting any younger and it really showed in this match and that is all that I can say about it.”

Terry Smith: “In the fourth match of the night former CGC World Heavyweight Champion Jack DeColt took on Larry Wood. What did you think of this match and Larry Wood’s performance in the match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Again an average match it wasn’t really a stand out match but it wasn’t a bad match by any means. Jack DeColt was able to get the win over Larry and continue his winning ways since loosing the World Heavyweight Championship.”

Terry Smith: “Finally in the main event, Steve Frehley and CGC Canadian Champion Nate Johnson took on Shane Nelson and the CGC World Heavyweight Champion Joey Poison. What are your thoughts on this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well it was a way to combine two feuds into one match, Steve and Joey have recently started to feud and Nate and Shane have recently started to feud as well so instead of having singles matches between them I thought we could do something different and have a tag match between everyone that is involved. I thought that the match was done well and people were probably shocked that Joey got pinned by Steve but this is only the start. Joey will have plenty of opportunities to get back at Steve including after the match when he attacked Steve in the ring after the match and as the show was going off of the air.”

Terry Smith: “I was going to ask you about that, what did you think about Joey attacking Steve after the match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well Joey lost the match so he was mad and took it out on the man who pinned him in the center of the ring. There is nothing wrong with that in this business but this feud is long from over and there will be more matches between the two to come.”

Terry Smith: “With that said Chris we are out of time for this week so I would like to thank you for your time. I would also like to remind everyone that Adrian Garcia will be live in the studio this Thursday as he goes over some of the matches that you can expect to see at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all ringside as myself and Adrian Garcia call all of the action.”

OOC: Some of the matches that will be taking place on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted on Thursday. Until then read this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Saturday Week 2, April 2011

Hello ladies and gentleman Adrian Garcia here to talk about some of the matches that you can expect to see on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling. This weeks edition of the show will take place live from the Quebec City Arena in Montreal Quebec Canada and here are the matches that have been signed for the evening.

After winning a match against the Dirty White Boys last week to become the number one contenders to the CGC World Tag Team Titles, Alex and Ricky DeColt get their shot at The Soldiers Of Fortune for the titles. Will Alex and Ricky be able to defeat The Soldiers or will The Soldiers Of Fortune win the match and retain their titles?

In the second match of the night, Larry Wood takes on Steve Frehley. Will Larry be able to win the match and begin to make an impact in CGC? Or will Steve win the match defeating Larry and get closer to earning a World Championship Match?

In the third match of the night we will see a rematch from DeColt WrestleFestival Day 1 as Zeus Maxmillion challenges Nate Johnson for the CGC Canadian Championship. Will Zeus be able to win the match or will Nate win the match and prove that when you have a match against one member of the Elite the others aren’t too far behind.

In the co-main event and the fourth match of the night, Eddie Chandler takes on Chris Kaladaro. Will Chris Kaladaro pull out the upset win over Eddie Chandler? Or will Eddie defeat Chris causing him to loose another match in the process.

Finally in the main event of the evening we see another rematch this time from DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 as Jack DeColt challenges Joey Poison for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship. Will Jack be able to defeat Joey and regain his World Heavyweight Championship or will Joey defeat Jack and move on too bigger and better things in the process?

All this and so much more will be answered this Sunday night live from the Quebec City Arena in Montreal Quebec Canada. Get your tickets fast because this event is sure to sell out and until Sunday this has been Adrian Garcia saying so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches along side Terry Smith as we call all of the nights action.

Those matches again are…

Larry Wood vs. Steve Frehley

Zeus Maxmillion vs. Nate Johnson

Eddie Chandler vs. Chris Kaladaro

Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison ©

Predictions as always are welcomed and encouraged, the results will be posted around 11pm on Sunday after I have had a chance to write them out so you have from now until then to get your predictions in!

Alex and Ricky DeColt vs. The Soldiers Of Fortune ©CGC World Tag Team Championship Match

I think there will be a non-finish in this match.

Larry Wood vs. Steve Frehley

Zeus Maxmillion vs. Nate Johnson

Eddie Chandler vs. Chris Kaladaro

Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison ©

No way should Joey lose this match after you built him up.

Also, happy belated birthday!

Archived