Personal Venue question

I actually prefer multiple threads with their own topics. It makes these questions easier to find, so that I don't have to ask them myself. Sifting through the "Small Questions..." thread is hopeless. Condensing these threads into one has little to no practical function.

My 2 cents.

I actually prefer multiple threads with their own topics. It makes these questions easier to find, so that I don't have to ask them myself. Sifting through the "Small Questions..." thread is hopeless. Condensing these threads into one has little to no practical function.

My 2 cents.

i agree, the small questions thread would only be worth reading if there was an index

My 2 cents.

I guess the problem is that this answer is in the help files. If most people can't take the time to read them, its unlikely that they will search the forum.

And maybe going through that thread looking for the answer will give them info on 3 other questions that they may need an answer to (which would also be in the help file :D)

My 2 cents.

The problem is that everyone starting a new topic for their own "small question" makes the forum very cluttered. And people will more fequently end up asking a question that has already been asked, and likely answered, just a page further along. Sometimes not even.

My 2 cents.

I think the small-questions thread has some usefulness, but so does each topic having its own thread. I've been using the small-questions thread because, well, my questions are small and they don't deserve their own topic, but when that thread gets long, it's likely to get very redundant. While some people will use the search function to see if there's already a topic on their question, they're probably not likely to search through 12-plus pages of the small-question thread, thereby resulting in the same questions being asked over and over.

Yes but they can always ask the question in the 'small questions' thread can't they? That option is way better than to have the forum loaded with one question threads as most of them really don't deserve thread of their own.

Just use CTRL+F or whatever hotkey your browser has for 'Search' function; Load up the page, pick a keyword for instance 'venue' in this case and then go 'small questions' thread trough that way. Takes under a minute to go trough the pages like that.

Archived